Ketanji Brown Jackson - GREAT cartoon!

News and events of the day
gounion

Ketanji Brown Jackson - GREAT cartoon!

Post by gounion »

My friend Richard Crowson was the Wichita Eagle editorial cartoonist for many years - he still does about one a month, for the Sunday edition. He's just a great guy to hang with. He's also a great banjo player and he and his wife have fronted several local bands over the years.

He's always been a proud lefty and his cartoons have always been clever, insightful, hilarious but also often inspirational. His wife Karen wrote this on her FB page about Richard:
My turn to exercise spousal bragging rights. I've always been so very, very proud of the work that Richard has and continues to do as an editorial cartoonist. His work speaks to the inequities that many Kansans and people across our country have faced and continue to endure. He continues to highlight the underserved, brings compassion to those who have suffered losses and he'll never stop calling out the those foxes running around in the proverbial hen house spreading lies and hate. Receiving this note of appreciation from Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson is inspiring. Richard in his humble way had little to say (except for making a newspaperman's crack about an intern writing it, all while he grinned with pride).
Here's the cartoon and the letter:

carmenjonze

Re: Ketanji Brown Jackson - GREAT cartoon!

Post by carmenjonze »

Sweet cartoon!

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells