The Stupid Anti-Masker/Anti-Vaxer Thread

News and events of the day
Number6

Re: The Stupid Anti-Masker/Anti-Vaxer Thread

Post by Number6 »

Glennfs wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:06 am This is what people who are extreme in their beliefs generally do. Instead of having the ability to take a step back and look at things objectively or from a different perspective they are like a spoiled child throwing an I want it tantrum in the candy isle.
There are 3.6 million over the road truckers. I doubt half are vaccinated but for arguments sake let's say half. I never said they would all quit in my example I used the number 100000 less than 6pct of the non vaccinated drivers.
So you are lying or exaggerating about that. Because that is what people do when they are losing the argument.
Of the 1.8 million non vaccinated drivers if just 5 to 10pct were to quit you really can't see where 2 to 4 million loads a month not getting hauled would cause a supply chain problem.
You really don't see how 1 to 2 billion miles a month not being driven would cause problems to our economy. Really?

But I want it I want it I want it is the left's mantra.
So you're saying half the truck drivers have extreme beliefs?
When you vote left, you vote right.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Glennfs wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:07 am You would be surprised at how many of my fellow truckers have other means to make a living
How many would be making the same money as in trucking?

How many would be making less money?
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Now back to the original intent of this thread. The Stupid Anti-Masker/Anti-Vaxer Thread.

A second Northern California In-N-Out is forced to close for violating COVID-19 rules.

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... d-19-rules.

Officials in Northern California on Tuesday closed a second Bay Area In-N-Out Burger restaurant, after employees repeatedly failed to check customers eating indoors for proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative coronavirus test result.

The closure is the latest salvo in a conflict between the Southern California-based fast food chain and San Francisco Bay Area public health officials who have enacted some of the strictest COVID-19 rules in the state. Similar requirements for proof of vaccination are set to take effect Nov. 8 for businesses and restaurants in the city of Los Angeles.

Let's stick the subject here please.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:38 am :lol:

These are just made-up numbers to prove some kind of whackodoodle point.

You make this asinine claim with the tacit threat of these entitled, disease-spreading, conservative men holding the whole economy hostage. :lol:

Yours and JoeMemphis’s entire premise is that these grownup adults have to be indulged, or else, and you’re taking it even one more step further: if you don’t support these peoples’ extremism, yet an extremist :? Classic, thought-stopped, conservative logic.

You should be more honest about why you’re even trying to make such an idiotic case to begin with. You guys aren’t owed anything. Crap, get off the pot, or get fired.

We don’t want their conservative diseases. We don’t need them being spreading COVID all over the country. Can’t wait to put them all in the Bye thread.
Glenn's claim of 3.5 million truck drivers is correct according to the U.S. Census as of 2019.
More than 3.5 million people work as truck drivers, an occupation dominated by men who hold more than 90% of truck driving jobs. Driving large tractor-trailers or delivery trucks is one of the largest occupations in the United States.
Census
As for the rest of his claims, those are unsupported (no surprise there) and is merely speculation and opinion. Reality tells us many people make claims about quitting their jobs over taking the vaccine but considering how many people love paycheck-to-paycheck the number of people who would actually quit instead of taking the vaccine is more likely, IMO, 0.05% or less.