Russia to Invade Ukraine

News and events of the day
Drak

Russia to Invade Ukraine

Post by Drak »

US Intel believes a Russian invasion of Ukraine is imminent. And will happen any day now.

And a lot of Republicans will side with Putin.

Ali Rogin - verified @AliRogin
BIG Ukraine news:
@nickschifrin

reports: The US believes Russian President Vladimir Putin has decided to invade Ukraine, and communicated those plans to the Russian military.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
bradman

Re: Russia to Invade Ukraine

Post by bradman »

If he does, i'd say he'd at least wait until sometime after Sunday, February 20. i don't think he'll do it while the Olympics are going on. Not that i wouldn't put it past him.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

NATO Military Headquarters in Belgium must be going nuts right now.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Putin needs to be sanctioned into the ground, cut off from world wide banks, SWIFT, assets seized, cut off the Internet, etc.

bradman

Post by bradman »

US Intel believes a Russian invasion of Ukraine is imminent.
Last time i heard imminent threat being used we ended up in Iraq.

It's been talked about before but no President has dared go that far. Could be because Putin, through reps, has stated taking away the banks would be an act of war.

Last time i read something like that was when FDR threatened Japan with a oil embargo. Japan attacked shortly after the embargo was put in place.

Does this mean Emmanuel Macron is wrong? It sounded like he and Putin were making headway.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:12 pm Putin needs to be sanctioned into the ground, cut off from world wide banks, SWIFT, assets seized, cut off the Internet, etc.
Like Malcolm Nance said today on Stephanie Miller "the US media has to stop talking about Putin the way they do and frame him as crazy" something along those lines. (may not have been today, I saw it on the Youtube feed for Randi Rhodes)

GOP, board cons, trump, etal do support russia over America and NATO and the West. We need to understand that, and that this is not an exaggeration.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:56 pm And a lot of Republicans will side with Putin.
And the tankies and horseshoes will call Ukraine Nazis and jump on the bandwagon :problem:

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

Fucker Carlson will of course be sucking on Russian News. He will be actively working against this country.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Russia's economy can't take severe sanctions, and the oligarchs/ oiligarchs won't like it if their gravy trains get derailed. We'll see if Putin really wants to kill the goose.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

There will be no direct military intervention by America against Russia. MAD still applies in 2022. Yeah, we did invade in 1918 to help the White Russians, go google about it (did not stop the Bolsheviks), but those were different days, nobody had nukes.

The Cold War was fought by proxies. If Putin invades, and I suspect it's still not inevitable he does, but if he does, I suspect there will be calls for international sanctions, and more European theater NATO troops will move to the borders of Ukraine.

Ukraine is not a NATO member. The UN should condemn if Putin invades, but there will not be a direct American military response. In fact, I doubt any NATO European countries will respond militarily, except again to move maybe more forces closer to Ukraine's borders with the rest of Europe.

The focus will be on containment, and international pressure on Russia. Through UN, EU, etc.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:50 pm And the tankies and horseshoes will call Ukraine Nazis and jump on the bandwagon :problem:
There was somebody on Randi's chat the other day claiming the people behind the Maidan "uprising" of 2014 against the Russian-backed corrupt dictator there were all Nazis. Sigh, Timmy lives. :roll:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Number6

Post by Number6 »

ProfX wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:07 pm There will be no direct military intervention by America against Russia. MAD still applies in 2022. Yeah, we did invade in 1918 to help the White Russians, go google about it (did not stop the Bolsheviks), but those were different days, nobody had nukes.

The Cold War was fought by proxies. If Putin invades, and I suspect it's still not inevitable he does, but if he does, I suspect there will be calls for international sanctions, and more European theater NATO troops will move to the borders of Ukraine.

Ukraine is not a NATO member. The UN should condemn if Putin invades, but there will not be a direct American military response. In fact, I doubt any NATO European countries will respond militarily, except again to move maybe more forces closer to Ukraine's borders with the rest of Europe.

The focus will be on containment, and international pressure on Russia. Through UN, EU, etc.
I agree there will be no direct military intervention by the U.S or NATO. What I see happening, if Russia invades, is the U.S, NATO, and other nations, excluding China, will impose serve economic sanctions that will affect the Russian people over time. What sanctions those will be I have no idea but one method is to block Russia's access to international banking effectively stopping them from moving money inside and outside Russia. This would prevent Russia from buying things like food, equipment, services, etc.. and businesses and countries won't want to do business with a country who can't pay their bills.

If Russia does invade, Putin will try to out wait the U.S., NATO, and the world's sanctions knowing the U.S. and NATO won't militarily do anything. Meanwhile, the Ukrainians will suffer the worst of it and Russia will launch a propaganda campaign, which Tucker Carlson and Fox News will run with, showing how much suffering there is in Russia because of the economic sanctions. It'll be like the school bully who got punched in the nose when he picked on the wrong kid and then the bully goes crying to the teacher telling her how he's being mistreated by the kid who punched him in the nose.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

^That^ seems like as good an analysis of the situation as I've seen. Mine is pretty much the same.

Putin's stupid to do it, but that never stopped anyone yet.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
bradman

Post by bradman »

Number6 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:28 pm I agree there will be no direct military intervention by the U.S or NATO. What I see happening, if Russia invades, is the U.S, NATO, and other nations, excluding China, will impose serve economic sanctions that will affect the Russian people over time. What sanctions those will be I have no idea but one method is to block Russia's access to international banking effectively stopping them from moving money inside and outside Russia. This would prevent Russia from buying things like food, equipment, services, etc.. and businesses and countries won't want to do business with a country who can't pay their bills.

If Russia does invade, Putin will try to out wait the U.S., NATO, and the world's sanctions knowing the U.S. and NATO won't militarily do anything. Meanwhile, the Ukrainians will suffer the worst of it and Russia will launch a propaganda campaign, which Tucker Carlson and Fox News will run with, showing how much suffering there is in Russia because of the economic sanctions. It'll be like the school bully who got punched in the nose when he picked on the wrong kid and then the bully goes crying to the teacher telling her how he's being mistreated by the kid who punched him in the nose.
It's one thing to escalate sanctions on Putin's buddies and another to take away the international banking system Russia now relies on. Not that i wouldn't love to see it happen if he invades Ukraine, but even then we'd be pushing some very dangerous buttons. It's about that time Putin would have nothing to lose. He's said as much.
Last edited by bradman on Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
bradman

Post by bradman »

War/conflict makes strange bedfellows. They never could have pulled off the Maidan uprising without the Nazi participation. They, the majority of those involved in Maidan uprising, didn't much care for them. But then, at the time, there were bigger fish to fry.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

While that might be true, certain "Timmehs" at the time made it out so that Maidan was organized entirely by U.S. neocons and Ukrainian neo-Nazis. But that wasn't true.

I loved Timmeh lecturing me about Ukrainian anti-Semitism. Some family members knew about it all too well (some have passed). All the while he loved to cite certain paleocons that basically argued Jews are involved in a conspiracy to overtake and control academia. :roll:
Drak

Post by Drak »

Lol Timmy. I remember that guy. Pro Russian “leftie” of some sort always attacking the left from the “left.” He was a college radio guy wasn’t he? Two people I don’t miss - Timmy and Scoutster. Both banned, Timmy for attacking the host.

bradman

Post by bradman »

ProfX wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:50 pm While that might be true, certain "Timmehs" at the time made it out so that Maidan was organized entirely by U.S. neocons and Ukrainian neo-Nazis. But that wasn't true.

I loved Timmeh lecturing me about Ukrainian anti-Semitism. Some family members knew about it all too well (some have passed). All the while he loved to cite certain paleocons that basically argued Jews are involved in a conspiracy to overtake and control academia. :roll:
That would have been about the time of Clinton and....what was her name? To paraphrase, "Fuck the EU. We're backing Yat's.

The EU started it with the trade agreements with Ukraine. The first trade agreement came into direct conflict with the Eurasian Union. They knew that. When all hell finally did brake loose, the EU was nowhere to be seen. That we stepped up to the plate at that time in no way means that the U.S. started it.

i never ran into Tim, but i do remember past conversations about him. There was a poster here that made me rethink my stance on never banning anyone.
Last edited by bradman on Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

ZoWie wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:32 pm ^That^ seems like as good an analysis of the situation as I've seen. Mine is pretty much the same.

Putin's stupid to do it, but that never stopped anyone yet.
He should've never been elected big mistake & now they're paying for it.
bradman

Post by bradman »

bradman wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:46 pm Damn it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:06 pm Lol Timmy. I remember that guy. Pro Russian “leftie” of some sort always attacking the left from the “left.” He was a college radio guy wasn’t he? Two people I don’t miss - Timmy and Scoutster. Both banned, Timmy for attacking the host.
Horseshoe.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

Delete
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Former Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Says That President Biden Wants Russia To Invade Ukraine.

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabbard- ... cecb131070.

Former U.S. Representative Tulsi Gabbard has said President Joe Biden's administration wants Russia to invade Ukraine so that they can impose "draconian" sanctions on the country.

Gabbard, a Democrat who represented Hawaii's 2nd congressional district from 2013 to 2021, told Fox News' Tucker Carlson on Friday that Biden could avoid a war by guaranteeing Ukraine would never join the NATO military alliance.

The U.S. warned on Friday that a Russian invasion of Ukraine could happen in the coming days and advised U.S. citizens to leave, while the Russian government has consistently denied it intends to attack.

Gabbard needs to shut her pie hole.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Another horseshoe bat. :roll:

No, Biden does not "want" this to happen, but he is planning for what to do if it does.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:33 am Another horseshoe bat. :roll:

No, Biden does not "want" this to happen, but he is planning for what to do if it does.
I am assuming all of the conservatives on this board and far right alleged Democrats are going to openly come out right now and say they are 100% behind United States and President Biden and NATO.

Let’s see if they do.
I sigh in your general direction.