News and events of the day
Libertas

Kansas to recount abortion vote by hand, despite big margin

Post by Libertas »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA10BTdN

I knew this wasnt over.

Imagine how bad November will be.

Cons are traitors.

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Kansas’ elections director says the state will go along with a request for a hand recount of votes from every county after last week’s decisive statewide vote affirming abortion rights, even though there was a 165,000-vote difference and a recount won’t change the result.

Melissa Leavitt, of Colby in far western Kansas, requested the recount and declined to comment to reporters Friday evening, citing work obligations. But she said on an online site raising funds for a recount that she had “seen data” about the election. Her post was not more specific, and there is no evidence of significant problems with the election.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Re: Kansas to recount abortion vote by hand, despite big margin

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:41 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA10BTdN

I knew this wasnt over.

Imagine how bad November will be.

Cons are traitors.
Kansas law requires Leavitt to post a bond to cover the entire cost of the recount.
It will be interesting, and no doubt not surprising, to find out where the $$$ is coming from to do this.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:09 am It will be interesting, and no doubt not surprising, to find out where the $$$ is coming from to do this.
Are we still able to find that out in Kansas or have they changed that law too?
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Dedicated to the proposition that government of the people, by the people, and in spite of the people, shall not perish from this Earth.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:12 am Are we still able to find that out in Kansas or have they changed that law too?
ZoWie wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:07 pm Dedicated to the proposition that government of the people, by the people, and in spite of the people, shall not perish from this Earth.
Now's a good time to repost my sig.

~ Ida B. Wells

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

I don't think they can raise the money to do it.
gounion

Post by gounion »

We have a 5 PM today deadline to provide $230,000 to have the recount. The Secretary of State's office said "By 5 p.m. Monday Leavitt must provide cash, check, cashiers check, or a credit card with sufficient funds to cover the $229,334." The guy wanting the recount said he'd put up his home, but the SecState said no.

They've only raised $30,000 online. Only nutjobs would put up money for this. Anyone knows this is a terrible waste of money.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-go ... rylink=cpy
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:13 pm We have a 5 PM today deadline to provide $230,000 to have the recount. The Secretary of State's office said "By 5 p.m. Monday Leavitt must provide cash, check, cashiers check, or a credit card with sufficient funds to cover the $229,334." The guy wanting the recount said he'd put up his home, but the SecState said no.

They've only raised $30,000 online. Only nutjobs would put up money for this. Anyone knows this is a terrible waste of money.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-go ... rylink=cpy
I am astonished the gop officials in Scty State office havent refused to certify.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:01 pm I am astonished the gop officials in Scty State office havent refused to certify.
No, the State is fine on this. There's a couple of crazy counties.

I mean, the Secretary of State, a Republican, has been quite strong on this, refusing to spend one dime of taxpayer money on this recount folly.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:02 pm No, the State is fine on this. There's a couple of crazy counties.

I mean, the Secretary of State, a Republican, has been quite strong on this, refusing to spend one dime of taxpayer money on this recount folly.
Good, lets hope same thing holds in November. MIght not matter, might not be a house or Senate race a dem can win, dont know.