Oh wow. Car of Daria Dugina - the daughter of Aleksandr Dugin, who is considered to be Putin's brain - was blown up. Rea

News and events of the day
Libertas

Oh wow. Car of Daria Dugina - the daughter of Aleksandr Dugin, who is considered to be Putin's brain - was blown up. Rea

Post by Libertas »

https://twitter.com/Natsecjeff/status/1 ... IfiCb5HJuA

Oh wow. Car of Daria Dugina - the daughter of Aleksandr Dugin, who is considered to be Putin's brain - was blown up. Reason unknown. Unconfirmed reports that she is dead. She was under sanctions.

We know you cons dig Putin big time. But dont betray him, this is what you get.
I sigh in your general direction.
ProfX

Re: Oh wow. Car of Daria Dugina - the daughter of Aleksandr Dugin, who is considered to be Putin's brain - was blown up.

Post by ProfX »

Her dad is often called Putin's Rasputin.

I don't often wish to visit the sins of the parents on their children.

But I was curious - was she following in daddy's footsteps?

https://www.geopolitika.ru/en/person/daria-dugina

Yep.

P.S. not that she should die for propagating her dad's ... bullshit, but ... and bearing in mind we don't know who blew up the car ...

I guess I would say ... sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. Leave it at that.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Re: Oh wow. Car of Daria Dugina - the daughter of Aleksandr Dugin, who is considered to be Putin's brain - was blown up.

Post by ProfX »

Ah yes, she was a chip off the old bastard.

https://www.kharon.com/updates/russian- ... violations

[snip]

Dugin was cited by the Treasury in 2015 as a leader of the Eurasian Youth Union, a group that recruited individuals to fight on behalf of Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine. Geopolitica, a website controlled by Dugin that serves as a platform for Russian ultranationalists to spread disinformation and propaganda targeting Western audiences, was sanctioned on Thursday.

Dugin’s daughter, Darya Aleksandrovna Dugina, was sanctioned Thursday. She is editor in chief of United World International, a website launched in 2020 as part of a media influence organization known as Project Lakhta, the Treasury said. Dugina had sought contributors to write articles for the website, which earlier this year had suggested that Ukraine would “perish” if it was admitted to NATO, the Western military alliance, the Treasury said.

Project Lakhta is owned by Yevgeniy Prigozhin, a Russian financier close to Putin designated multiple times for his involvement in influence and election interference operations, funding of Russian mercenaries and other conduct. Prigozhin was sanctioned yet again Thursday, along with his wife and two children, each of whom play various roles in his business enterprise.

[snip][end]

So she provided the intellectual (if it can be called that) underpinning for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

... again to be clear, I don't support the death penalty over bad ideas, even that justify illegal & inhumane wars of occupation, but if some Ukrainians blew up her car ... I will just say my violin at this point is not large.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Well ... finally found an English language story on this.

A video from the scene of the explosion of the jeep of the daughter of the Russian philosopher Dugin has been published Russian news EN
https://www.gamingdeputy.com/a-video-fr ... n-news-en/

There was a body inside the jeep which was so badly burned, it can't be identified. In all likelihood, it's her, but that just hasn't been verified.

They may have been trying to kill daddy ... but it appears he left the same Tradition festival as her in a different car.

Don't know for sure it was a car bomb, but ... witnesses say the jeep exploded, THEN hit the railing of the Moscow highway.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:51 pm https://twitter.com/Natsecjeff/status/1 ... IfiCb5HJuA

We know you cons dig Putin big time. But dont betray him, this is what you get.
Hmmm. The target might have been Alexander Dugin, not his daughter (she is also a bad, vile person). And could have been carried out by Russia's enemies. Dugin has a huge amount of influence over Putin.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:44 pm Hmmm. The target might have been Alexander Dugin, not his daughter (she is also a bad, vile person). And could have been carried out by Russia's enemies. Dugin has a huge amount of influence over Putin.
Yeah, I figured her father may have betrayed Putin?

Why was she sanctioned? By who? UN?
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Libertas wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:47 pm Yeah, I figured her father may have betrayed Putin?
I doubt it. More likely some Ukrainians were trying to kill him. The more I think about this, Drak is right, they probably meant to get him instead.

For influencing the continuation of the war, she was a gnat, poppa was Leviathan.
Why was she sanctioned? By who? UN?
U.S. Treasury ... for being part of her daddy's disinformation efforts against the U.S. and the West, as well as helping provide support for the war in Ukraine.

BTW, should note, both were also sanctioned by the UK, Canada, and the EU, too.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Hmmmm. They may have got the wrong Dugin, but I'm not going to be missing her much.

Russian Political Analyst Daria Dugina: Eastern Ukraine Will Likely Accept A 'Eurasian Empire'; The West Is Totalitarian, Racist, Nazi; Russia-China Alliance Is Probable; There Is No Room For Anti-War Voices
https://www.memri.org/tv/russian-politi ... ce-dissent

Russian political analyst Daria Dugina, the daughter of prominent Russian philosopher Alexander Dugin, was interviewed by Russian YouTuber Nikolai Rosov in a March 19, 2022 livestream on the Groza YouTube channel. Dugina said that Ukrainian identity is mostly localized in western Ukraine, but that eastern Ukraine – including the Donbas – would be willing to accept a "Eurasian Empire" on the basis of religious faith and nationality. She also said that anybody who opposes Western materialistic civilization is Russia's "comrades-in-arms," and that an alliance with China is probable because China has found a compromise on how to preserve their identity while remaining a part of the world system.

In addition, when asked about why the anti-war movement is being silenced, Dugina said that since Russia is at war, "absolute unity" is called for, and no dissenting voices can be allowed. Moreover, criticizing "woke-ism" and cancel culture, she said that the West and Europe are "totalitarian racists," colonialists, and Nazis. Later in the interview, Dugina said that Russian society will "cleanse" itself, and that there will be no need for force or purges. For more information about Dugina's father, Alexander Dugin, see MEMRI TV Clips No. 9441, No. 9433, and No. 7839, as well as MEMRI Special Dispatches No. 9840, No. 9794, No. 9786, No. 9757, No. 8799, No. 8710, No. 7398, No. 7081, No. 6940, and No. 6769.

[snip][end]

Absolute unity with no dissent in Russia is called for in this war for Eurasian Empire, but the West are the totalitarians.

Yeah, she's a sprout from poppa's poison tree.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Not even vile Russian propagandists whose fathers spread violent white supremacism to American WNs should have their cars blown up.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

I of course don't endorse assassination.

But hmmm, was Goebbels a legitimate target in WW II? As just a propagandist for the regime? (They never tried, but.)

On the other hand, when your propaganda is continuing to fuel a war that has murdered thousands ... and probably involved war crimes ...

Karma is real. And all I will say on that.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:19 pm I of course don't endorse assassination.

But hmmm, was Goebbels a legitimate target in WW II? As just a propagandist for the regime? (They never tried, but.)

On the other hand, when your propaganda is continuing to fuel a war that has murdered thousands ... and probably involved war crimes ...

Karma is real. And all I will say on that.
My sentiments exactly.

Don't want your car blown up? Don't be a propagandist. Problem solved.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

Finally made CNN this morning, and some details emerge.

The car was owned by her father. They were at the same conference. They were supposed to both be in it, but at the last minute, the father apparently decided to ride in a vehicle with other people. Let's just say, spider sense is a wee bit tingly. Her remains were positively identified. Authorities are investigating it as homicide.

Ukraine has denied responsibility.

Well, all I can say is this, I hate conspiracy theories, but look, the Russians could generate a lot of faux sympathy if it looked like the Ukrainians killed not just a master propagandist but his daughter. Maybe they'll claim, deliberately, they went after the daughter.

There could have been a motive. The Russians certainly had the means and opportunity to rig a car in Moscow.

Maybe she did something to cross the regime as Lib hinted; her poppa also made lots of other enemies, such as the Chechens.

Tonight, I will drink an Irish Car Bomb, in her honor. Gotta restring the violin. I would feel different if she was an innocent, but she's not. She made the choice to walk in poppa's footsteps.
https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/irish-car-bomb
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:50 am Finally made CNN this morning, and some details emerge.

The car was owned by her father. They were at the same conference. They were supposed to both be in it, but at the last minute, the father apparently decided to ride in a vehicle with other people. Let's just say, spider sense is a wee bit tingly. Her remains were positively identified. Authorities are investigating it as homicide.

Ukraine has denied responsibility.

Well, all I can say is this, I hate conspiracy theories, but look, the Russians could generate a lot of faux sympathy if it looked like the Ukrainians killed not just a master propagandist but his daughter. Maybe they'll claim, deliberately, they went after the daughter.

There could have been a motive. The Russians certainly had the means and opportunity to rig a car in Moscow.

Maybe she did something to cross the regime as Lib hinted; her poppa also made lots of other enemies, such as the Chechens.

Tonight, I will drink an Irish Car Bomb, in her honor. Gotta restring the violin. I would feel different if she was an innocent, but she's not. She made the choice to walk in poppa's footsteps.
https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/irish-car-bomb
He sounds like trump, willing to let his daughter die if it saves him.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

It would be a very sick man who would be willing to do that, sacrifice his own daughter.

I've read Aleksandr's writings. He's a very sick man.

It's a hypothesis I don't rule out.

Nuff said.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:04 pm It would be a very sick man who would be willing to do that, sacrifice his own daughter.

I've read Aleksandr's writings. He's a very sick man.

It's a hypothesis I don't rule out.

Nuff said.
But the idea that trump would do it, in a heartbeat, is not at all surprising or controversial, think about that...RIGHT HERE on this board he has support.

When I say "think about that" I mean I HAVE TO sometimes because I still cant deal with it.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Now, this theory makes sense. Wasn't Putin - but was Russians - partisans.

Ex-Russian MP claims Russian partisans responsible for Moscow car bomb
Speaking in Kyiv, Ilya Ponomarev alleges bomb that killed daughter of Putin ally was work of underground group
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... XgrbHVfgzg

A former member of Russia’s Duma who was expelled for anti-Kremlin activities has claimed that Russian partisans were allegedly behind a car bomb which blew up the daughter of one of Vladimir Putin’s close political allies on the outskirts of Moscow.

Speaking in Kyiv, where he is based, Ilya Ponomarev alleged the explosion on Saturday evening was the work of the National Republican Army, which he claimed was an underground group working inside Russia and dedicated to overthrowing the Putin regime.

[snip]

Ponomarev said partisans inside Russia were ready to conduct further similar attacks against high-profile Kremlin-connected targets, including officials, oligarchs and members of Russia’s security agencies.

[snip]

Other targets include corrupt businessmen, the homes and properties of those who fail to condemn the Kremlin and its war, and “employees of power structures”. Military cargoes and people who profit from them will also be wiped out, it said.

The statement promised the NRA would not target civilians. It described Daria Dugina as a legitimate target and “faithful companion” to her father, who supported genocide in Ukraine. “She was a voice calling for violence and murder” in Russian-occupied areas of Ukraine, it stated.

[snip][end]

This could have been one of the first shots in a very real civil war.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Anything that stops that fuck and those fucks.
bradman

Post by bradman »

The Guardian has not verified the authenticity of Ponomarev’s claims. Russian commentators have blamed Ukraine for the attack, a claim Kyiv strongly denies.

“This action, like many other partisan actions carried out on the territory of Russia in recent months, was carried out by the National Republican Army (NRA),” Ponomarev said. He was speaking in a 7pm broadcast on February Morning, a Russian-language opposition TV channel he launched in Kyiv earlier this year.
Well that one snuck up on me. Odd that too. Search, National Republican Army/Russia, and there's only recent links.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I have a feeling an organization conducting what I'm sure will be considered terrorist attacks by the Russian authorities wouldn't hand out a high profile name and address on a business card. :D If they can be found anywhere, I'm betting it's on the very deep/dark web.

The name is clearly taken from the Irish RA, which frequently used car bombs as part of their MO.

He himself is Russian, but lives in Ukraine, I'm sure he's careful not to get a polonium cocktail. He was the ONLY member of the Duma to vote against the invasion of Crimea. He has serious brass cojones.
bradman

Post by bradman »

True.

i have been wondering about the recent spate of attacks behind Russian lines. A couple of them have been a little to far behind the lines to be carried off without some kind of help from the inside.

The battle for Odessa is warming up.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

The National Republican Army was a new one on me. I didn't know there was a violent dissident group in Russia. I thought that whatever they call the various remnants of the KGB had pretty much driven dissent deep underground and/or out of the country. Yes, there has been war resistance in Russia, but it's been more like essentially graffiti. Are they sure it isn't Russian self-exiles and their allies plotting from outside the country?

I'm also still trying to figure out why he didn't get in the car, and had his daughter drive it instead, which was apparently a last-minute decision. If that's really the case, it adds further uncertainty.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22