This is fucking brilliant! Must see Instagram!

News and events of the day
Libertas

This is fucking brilliant! Must see Instagram!

Post by Libertas »

I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Re: This is fucking brilliant! Must see Instagram!

Post by gounion »

Lib, I don't have a Twitter or Instagram account. Please don't just give me a link. Tell me or show me.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:27 pm Lib, I don't have a Twitter or Instagram account. Please don't just give me a link. Tell me or show me.
I cant yet, it is insta only right now. I dont know how to lift a vid off of insta or twitter for those who dont have the app...It is a Woman describing how the GOP always and ONLY votes against Women and have for decades. It is brilliant. About the legislation the GOP did not support that would support Women and the legislation they wrote to take rights away.

Over at DU someone reminds us this guy is voting in Nov, hope we are also...

It is on my FB, see if you can watch it there maybe.

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:06 pm I cant yet, it is insta only right now. I dont know how to lift a vid off of insta or twitter for those who dont have the app...It is a Woman describing how the GOP always and ONLY votes against Women and have for decades. It is brilliant. About the legislation the GOP did not support that would support Women and the legislation they wrote to take rights away.

Over at DU someone reminds us this guy is voting in Nov, hope we are also...

It is on my FB, see if you can watch it there maybe.

Try including the description that accompanies the video?

You can also think of it as an accessibility issue. Like, include as much description as possible.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

Hotlinking to photos or any other content on a third-party site is iffy. In a future time they might decide it's a no-no, and replace everything with a graphic that essentially says, "We don't like when you do that." It happened a lot on the old board.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:53 pm Try including the description that accompanies the video?

You can also think of it as an accessibility issue. Like, include as much description as possible.
It is a Woman describing all this, and she is addressing Women who vote for Repubs:

1. 1974 a Woman needed a man's signature to do almost anything including getting credit.. 1974 saw the passage of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act of 1974, which “prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national ... AND what did repubs do, they voted AGAINST it..

2. 1978 you could fire a Woman for getting pregnant, ]so what did the repubs do? They voted AGAINST the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978...To amend Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to prohibit sex discrimination on the basis of pregnancy.

3. 1980 it was completely legal to sexually harass someone in the workplace, so what did Repubs do? They voted AGAINST the "Sexual harassment in the workplace act"...

4. 1984 Women seeking justice for domestic violence, what did repubs do? Voted AGAINST The Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA)

5. 2012 Women asked for equal pay for equal work, so what did repubs do? They voted AGAINST the equal pay for equal work act.

6 Also in 2012 Violence Against Women Act was up for reauthorization and what did repubs do, they voted AGAINST it.

"That brings is to today (she says) with repubs taking away a Woman's right to her own body..."

(And she closes with) "Republicans have always hated Women, so why in the FUCK are you voting for Republicans?"
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:47 pm It is a Woman describing all this, and she is addressing Women who vote for Repubs:

1. 1974 a Woman needed a man's signature to do almost anything including getting credit.. 1974 saw the passage of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act of 1974, which “prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national ... AND what did repubs do, they voted AGAINST it..

2. 1978 you could fire a Woman for getting pregnant, ]so what did the repubs do? They voted AGAINST the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978...To amend Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to prohibit sex discrimination on the basis of pregnancy.

3. 1980 it was completely legal to sexually harass someone in the workplace, so what did Repubs do? They voted AGAINST the "Sexual harassment in the workplace act"...

4. 1984 Women seeking justice for domestic violence, what did repubs do? Voted AGAINST The Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA)

5. 2012 Women asked for equal pay for equal work, so what did repubs do? They voted AGAINST the equal pay for equal work act.

6 Also in 2012 Violence Against Women Act was up for reauthorization and what did repubs do, they voted AGAINST it.

"That brings is to today (she says) with repubs taking away a Woman's right to her own body..."

(And she closes with) "Republicans have always hated Women, so why in the FUCK are you voting for Republicans?"
Conservatives are deeply self-loathing people.

That includes karen.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells