Russia to Invade Ukraine

News and events of the day
Libertas

Re: Russia to Invade Ukraine

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:42 am Time to tackle some disinformation.

Russia is targeting U.S. biological weapons labs in Ukraine invasion.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ary-socia/

There are no US-run biolabs in Ukraine, contrary to social media posts

There are no U.S.-run biological weapons labs operating in Ukraine.

The U.S. Defense Department and the Ukraine Ministry of Health have had a partnership since 2005 to improve public health laboratories and prevent the threat of outbreaks of infectious diseases.

That effort is part of the Cooperative Threat Reduction Program, which began in 1991 to reduce the threat of existing weapons of mass destruction programs in former Soviet Republics.

[snip][end]

Not only are they not run by Tony Fauci, the Pentagon, or anybody else; not only did they not make COVID-19; there ARE no bioweapon research facilities in Ukraine.

Yes, there were some cooperative ventures between the U.S. and Ukraine on countermeasure research against some bioweapons, because they do exist in Russia.
Why do GOP supporters tell lies like this?
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

What is worse, this

https://twitter.com/ua_parliament/statu ... a1rPvD2T0w

https://twitter.com/i/status/1501581744251748358

or that cons support trump and trump supports murdering children?
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

What is worse, this

https://twitter.com/ua_parliament/statu ... a1rPvD2T0w

https://twitter.com/i/status/1501581744251748358

or that cons support trump and trump supports murdering children?

#Mariupol. Direct strike of Russian troops at the maternity hospital. People, children are under the wreckage. Atrocity! How much longer will the world be an accomplice ignoring terror? Close the sky right now! Stop the killings! You have power but you seem to be losing humanity.

You SUPPORT the GOP...the GOP is run and controlled 100% by Donald Trump...Donald Trump works with Putin in support of murdering children.

THAT is who you fuckers are! :twisted:
Last edited by Libertas on Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

The weird thing is it seems both China and Russia are taking a crack at spreading this "U.S. bioweapons in Ukraine" BS.

I guess the Chinese are getting even for everybody who claimed COVID was a Chinese bioweapon - which is isn't - but of course, two wrongs never quite make a right.

I've seen that on antisocial media, as well as this bizarre claim that Ukraine had nuclear weapons. Uh no. They gave them up earlier in return for promises of Western protection more than a decade ago.

Now, BTW, Zelensky did muse very recently maybe they have to rethink their stance because the West has been a little lackadaisical in that protection department, but that doesn't mean they have them, are building them, or as some are claiming on antisocial media, threatening Russia with them. :roll:

I swear. The great powers really do copy each other, even when it comes to their bullshit. They apparently told the Russian soldiers it would be over quickly because "they would be greeted as liberators" and now they're lying about WMDs. :roll:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:21 am The weird thing is it seems both China and Russia are taking a crack at spreading this "U.S. bioweapons in Ukraine" BS.

I guess the Chinese are getting even for everybody who claimed COVID was a Chinese bioweapon - which is isn't - but of course, two wrongs never quite make a right.

I've seen that on antisocial media, as well as this bizarre claim that Ukraine had nuclear weapons. Uh no. They gave them up earlier in return for promises of Western protection more than a decade ago.

Now, BTW, Zelensky did muse very recently maybe they have to rethink their stance because the West has been a little lackadaisical in that protection department, but that doesn't mean they have them, are building them, or as some are claiming on antisocial media, threatening Russia with them. :roll:

I swear. The great powers really do copy each other, even when it comes to their bullshit. They apparently told the Russian soldiers it would be over quickly because "they would be greeted as liberators" and now they're lying about WMDs. :roll:
I wanna know why in the FUCK is the Pentagon preventing those jets from happening and why isnt Joe on the phone to them ordering them to do it?
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Mamala Harris is on the way to Poland. She'll take care of it. :mrgreen:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/09/politics ... index.html

She'll sort this crap out. I don't get the whole thing, but it seems to be basically Poland doesn't want to be seen as the one providing the planes to Ukraine nor does the U.S. so they can't agree on how they'll be provided.

I confess I don't get the whole thing. Just color them like candy-colored rainbows and drop them from a floating Pokemon blimp. Where did they come from? "Just say it was North Korea. :lol:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:32 am Mamala Harris is on the way to Poland. She'll take care of it. :mrgreen:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/09/politics ... index.html

She'll sort this crap out. I don't get the whole thing, but it seems to be basically Poland doesn't want to be seen as the one providing the planes to Ukraine nor does the U.S. so they can't agree on how they'll be provided.

I confess I don't get the whole thing. Just color them like candy-colored rainbows and drop them from a floating Pokemon blimp. Where did they come from? "Just say it was North Korea. :lol:
Mamala?

Typo or nickname?

Kind of like the nickname.

ps

Unlike trump the traitor and his default supporters here on on this board, putin should be afraid of "Mamala.!" She will kick his ass in a very real way someday soon.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:35 am Not a typo.

https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a3 ... -children/
Momala

That is why when I googled it didnt come up...cool though.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:33 am Mamala?

Typo or nickname?

ps

Unlike trump the traitor and his default supporters here on on this board, putin should be afraid of "Mamala.!" She will kick his ass in a very real way someday soon.
Don't her stepkids call her that?

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:46 am Don't her stepkids call her that?
They call her Momala, I think the post here first said Mamala, and when I googled that it showed nothing.

ie Profx said Mamala, but it is Momala...
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

It's a made up word, and so I used a phonetic spelling closer to her actual name.

In Yiddish, it's usually spelled this way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamele
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:48 am It's a made up word, and so I used a phonetic spelling closer to her actual name.

Related to bubele?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:48 am It's a made up word, and so I used a phonetic spelling closer to her actual name.

Your magazine link says Momala, which is where I saw that.

But this Mamele is cool...Yiddish?

Her husband is Jewish? I assume so, I guess I should know that.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Mamele is what you call your Mom in Yiddish. Bubele is a term you used for any person, often a family member, but could be somebody else you find dear; it's basically calling them "sweetie".

Yes, Kamala's husband (Second Gentleman Douglas Emhoff) is Jewish, and so are her step kids, which is why as that Marie Claire story says, is why they call her that.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Told ya

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAUOz9F

Dont know where to put this on this board, I feel like posting it 100 times

. "I think he wanted to be able to kill whoever spoke out against him."

His fucking PRESS SECRETARY

Where are the FUCKING BOARD CONS who said he did NOT want to kill his opponents?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:54 am Where are the FUCKING BOARD CONS who said he did NOT want to kill his opponents?[/size]
They are sitting around watching COPS reruns and hitting refresh on their bank statements.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:02 pm They are sitting around watching COPS reruns and hitting refresh on their bank statements.
I just started a thread about this, I REMEMBER posting a thread where I said trump wanted to kill us, his opponents, and the board cons ONE in particular said I was out of my mind.

GOD DAMMIT this above all else is why they are so fucking bad. I cant speak I am so fucking angry

she also said

Grisham also slammed Trump, positing that he would be hiding instead of fighting for his country if he were in a similar situation as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:03 pm I just started a thread about this, I REMEMBER posting a thread where I said trump wanted to kill us, his opponents, and the board cons ONE in particular said I was out of my mind.

GOD DAMMIT this above all else is why they are so fucking bad. I cant speak I am so fucking angry

she also said
They're perfectly fine with these war crimes. We're dealing with some of the most amoral people, ever. They and their collaborators don't get the lectures on civility, they only give them.

#profamily
#prolife
#whataboutthechildren

The Telegraph
@Telegraph

🚨BREAKING: Children are 'under rubble' after Russian air strike on a Mariupol hospital, the country's president Volodymyr Zelensky has said

https://telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022 ... ns-latest/

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/15 ... 9426433025

:cry:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

We have senatorial candidates for one of the two parties running on supporting our enemy.

And it is hardly talked about.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

This BS makes my head hurt.

Russia Says They Won't Overthrow Zelensky, Occupy Ukraine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ru ... hp&pc=U531

[snip]

Using the Kremlin terminology for the war, Russian foreign ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said the goals of Russia's "special military operation" were "the protection" of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics in the Donbas region.

The areas in the eastern part of Ukraine have been the scene of conflict since 2014, following Russia's seizure of Crimea.

Russia was also pursuing the "demilitarization and denazification" of Ukraine, she said, and sought to eliminate the military threat Ukraine posed to Russia due to its ties with NATO.

[snip][end]

"Well, holy crap, they have a military, and they were thinking about joining NATO! They had to be stopped!" :roll:

Guys: you have my permission. Find the bloody Azov Battalion HQ, blow it up, and leave. Declare victory, that would be the closest thing to your claimed objective, and go home.

A government has a right to fight separatist movements that are destabilizing its country. There is no threat to the Russian-speaking people of the Donbass. But if the Donbass separatists don't want to fight the Ukrainian government, maybe they should put down their weapons and stop killing other Ukrainians. Yes, there's been fighting in the region, largely because Russia's been providing them with weapons and provoking them to seek independence - through violence.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

'Most favored nation': Biden to announce that US will move to revoke status for Russia

President Joe Biden will announce Friday that the US, along with the G7 and European Union, will call for revoking "most favored nation" status for Russia, referred to as permanent normal trade relations in the US, sources familiar with the move tell CNN.

The move requires an act of Congress.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Libertas wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:33 am Mamala?

Typo or nickname?

ps

No Lib, her step-children call her that.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

As companies leave Russia, their assets could be seized
....Russian President Vladimir Putin responded Thursday by saying that if foreign companies shut down production in Russia, he favored a plan to “bring in outside management and then transfer these companies to those who want to work.”

A draft law could allow Russian courts to appoint external administrators for companies that cease operations and are at least 25% foreign-owned. If the owners refuse to resume operations or to sell, the company's shares could be auctioned off, the ruling United Russia party has said, calling it “the first step toward nationalization.”

Chris Weafer of Macro-Advisory, a consultancy specializing in Russia, said the Russian government "is adopting a carrot-and-stick approach to foreign business,” with talk of nationalization balanced out with government help for those who stay. A key reason, Weafer said, is the Kremlin's desire to avoid mass unemployment........