RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Neighborhood Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Classic.

Local utility company says it accidentally sent N-word as password to black woman - MSN

Quote:
A local utility company in Washington says that it accidentally sent an African-American customer a racial slur as the temporary password for her online account.

"I clicked 'forgot password' and got a temporary password from PSE and it was capital N---a and I was quite shocked," Erica Conway told KIRO 7 on Wednesday, referencing her reaction to an email from Puget Sound Energy (PSE) after she requested a new password for her account.

Conway, who is a longtime volunteer of the Seattle chapter of the NAACP, said that she believes the slur was intentional. She also says that she complained to a customer service agent named Lydia at PSE's Bothell call center, but that the representative did not take her seriously.

"I had said 'Do you guys screen out certain words?' and Lydia was, like, 'Yes, we do.' And I said, 'Well you guys didn't screen out this word' And she said, 'Why would we?' and I said, "What do you mean why would we? This is an offensive word.' And she stated to me, 'No one uses that word anymore.' And I was like, where are you living, what planet are you living on?"

:problem:

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

There's a great joke here for Chris Rock, but I am not smart enough to write it. So I tweeted a link to the story to Chris.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:52 am 
Board Emeritus

CLASSIC neighborhood welcome

Lynwood Stephanie Dillard public FB post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156906910249274&set=a.10150139075389274&type=3&theater

So My daughter went to her fourth period class today and found “Nigger” written on her desk! A brand new high school in Collierville but yet we are fighting the same old demon of racism!!!!! — feeling annoyed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:20 am 
Board Emeritus

CLASSIC neighborhood welcome

Lynwood Stephanie Dillard public FB post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156906910249274&set=a.10150139075389274&type=3&theater

So My daughter went to her fourth period class today and found “Nigger” written on her desk! A brand new high school in Collierville but yet we are fighting the same old demon of racism!!!!! — feeling annoyed.

This is the rump legacy, this is the legacy of every American not vehemently opposing rump too. They ALL own this and by god would I love to see them held accountable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Kill them all’: Racist graffiti found at Sac City College prompts safety concerns

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article219377200.html

But racists only in the South, I thought.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.thedailybeast.com/video-rel ... directions

See video of white racist garbage shooting at Black kid for asking for directions

How many years would he do if he was Black and the kid was white?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:41 am 
Board Emeritus

Another one on the Neighborhood Welcome -> They're Sorry -> bye trajectory...

White Woman Who Blocked Black Neighbor From Building Is Fired - NYT

Quote:
A black man arrived at the entrance to the building where he lives in St. Louis late Friday night only to find himself blocked by a white neighbor who demanded proof he lived there.

“Please move, ma’am,” the man, D’Arreion Toles, says in a video he recorded of the encounter, which shows the woman with her dog on a leash standing in the doorway at the condominium complex, the Elder Shirt Lofts.

“I can,” she responds. “Do you live here?”

“I’ve already answered that question,” Mr. Toles, 24, replies as he continues to try to get in. “Excuse me.”

But the woman, Hilary Brooke Mueller, refused to move as she continued to ask Mr. Toles what unit he lived in and to see his key fob. When he declined to tell her, she remained in his path.

Even though I'm the longest tenant in my building at this point, I worry about some dumb airbnb'er doing this to me some day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Youth football teams banned from Carroll County league right before playoffs: Is it racism?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryl ... story.html

Quote:
Playoffs begin this Saturday, but Rachel Bullock hasn’t told her 8-year-old son yet that the youth football league he plays in won’t let his team compete — and that she and other parents think racism might have contributed to that decision.

“I have no answers for him,” Bullock said. “ ‘Because they said so?’ He will be devastated.”

She and other parents of kids who play on Reisterstown Mustangs teams say they believe racism might be a factor. The six Mustangs teams are majority black, while teams from the other 10 organizations in the Carroll County Youth Football and Cheer League are majority white.

“I hate to say ‘racism,’ but when they give you no other reason, what else can you come up with?” Bullock said.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/27/us/trans ... index.html

Quote:
Transgender immigrant who died in ICE custody was beaten and deprived of medical attention, family says

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/27/us/transgender-asylum-seeker-wrongful-death-claim/index.html

+++++++++++++++

Was just working on a post for this in Defining Transgender Out of Existence.

The Roxsana Hernandez case is a big one, a seriously big one. Especially now that it's come out that ICE physically abused her before her death :evil: :( . And also in light of the fact that the first contingent from the caravan to reach the border was the LGBTQ contingent. We have lapsed officially back into the Dred Scott Decision/Fugitive Slave Law era.

:(

Going into a meeting, more a little later.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10