I Blame Howard Wolowitz

News and events of the day
Number6

I Blame Howard Wolowitz

Post by Number6 »

Leaking Space Station toilet forces astronauts to return to Earth wearing diapers.
The astronauts who are expected to depart the International Space Station in the coming days will be stuck using diapers on the way home because of their capsule’s broken toilet.

After a series of meetings Friday, mission managers decided to bring McArthur and the rest of her crew home before launching their replacements. That SpaceX launch already had been delayed more than a week by bad weather and an undisclosed medical issue involving one of the crew.

They also had to deal with the toilet leak, pulling up panels in their SpaceX capsule and discovering pools of urine. The problem was first noted during SpaceX’s private flight in September, when a tube came unglued and spilled urine beneath the floorboards. SpaceX fixed the toilet on the capsule awaiting liftoff, but deemed the one in orbit unusable.
NBC News
For those who don't get the title of this thread's reference, on The Big Bang Theory Howard Wolowitz had engineered a toilet, which broke, for the International Space Station which broke and he had to figure out how to repair it.
When you vote left, you vote right.
marindem01

Re: I Blame Howard Wolowitz

Post by marindem01 »

Number6 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:22 pm Leaking Space Station toilet forces astronauts to return to Earth wearing diapers.

For those who don't get the title of this thread's reference, on The Big Bang Theory Howard Wolowitz had engineered a toilet, which broke, for the International Space Station which broke and he had to figure out how to repair it.
Good Old Howie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:22 pm Leaking Space Station toilet forces astronauts to return to Earth wearing diapers.

Hilarious!

Mega fan here, saw a taping, you gotta hear this SAD story. :lol:

I had a friend that CJ and Prof and others knew, he has passed, was an actor and had a way of getting me 4 passes to a taping. These were impossible to get, this was like the 3rd of 4th year.

It was when Kaley Cuoco fell off her horse and broke her leg, it happened the weekend of the taping on Monday (I think Monday) and we showed up and I will be honest, SHE is one of the reasons I wanted to see a live taping, so sure enough the ONE show she is not on (might be two), is the one I show up for. I feel partially responsible for her accident, the universe was NOT gonna let me see her in person somehow. :lol:

The episode is when Leonard goes on a blind date set up by Bernadette. The reason for that of course was at the last minute they had to write a new script without Kaley and they hired a Woman for that role and you could see how stressed some of the cast were having just learned their lines.

AND the normal taping of a 30 or 22 minute sitcom is around 2 hours I am told, we were there for 4 hours.

This was the episode

https://bigbangtheory.fandom.com/wiki/T ... _Emanation

And if anyone wants a CLASS in acting, watch this which is only one of many lessons...

https://youtu.be/KRr_aRleq4Q

I got to be at the SAG event also brought by same friend to be in a small group to hear him speak and meet him....VERY nice. Speaking of Jim Parsons of course.

BTW if anyone wants to know WHY it is hard to act at least like that, imagine remembering 3 paragraphs of dialogue, then speaking it while moving from this spot to that, interacting with props and doing it in CHARACTER, not just speaking it out loud. Trust me, it is fucking hard.

The other thing you look for is can you tell someone is remembering their lines, or trying to? William Shatner was famous for this, he would speak slowly on Star Trek because he was trying to remember his lines.

KALEY, I challenge anyone to show me a scene where you can see her trying to remember her lines, I can show you almost any actor doing it. Parsons is another one who never seems to be trying to. If you forget that Kaley is a hot blonde (which is the wording used when they cast her), and watch her ACTING, you will see a god damn good actor. Now, does she sometimes lose a bit of concentration and look off set which you are never supposed to do :lol: yeah...
I sigh in your general direction.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Libertas wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:36 pm Hilarious!

Mega fan here, saw a taping, you gotta hear this SAD story. :lol:

I had a friend that CJ and Prof and others knew, he has passed, was an actor and had a way of getting me 4 passes to a taping. These were impossible to get, this was like the 3rd of 4th year.

It was when Kaley Cuzco fell off her horse and broke her leg, it happened the weekend of the taping on Monday (I think Monday) and we showed up and I will be honest, SHE is one of the reasons I wanted to see a live taping, so sure enough the ONE show she is not on (might be two), is the one I show up for. I feel partially responsible for her accident, the universe was NOT gonna let me see her in person somehow. :lol:

The episode is when Leonard goes on a blind date set up by Bernadette. The reason for that of course was at the last minute they had to write a new script without Kaley and they hired a Woman for that role and you could see how stressed some of the cast were having just learned their lines.

AND the normal taping of a 30 or 22 minute sitcom is around 2 hours I am told, we were there for 4 hours.

This was the episode

https://bigbangtheory.fandom.com/wiki/T ... _Emanation

And if anyone wants a CLASS in acting, watch this which is only one of many lessons...

https://youtu.be/KRr_aRleq4Q

I got to be at the SAG event also brought by same friend to be in a small group to hear him speak and meet him....VERY nice. Speaking of Jim Parsons of course.

BTW if anyone wants to know WHY it is hard to act at least like that, imagine remembering 3 paragraphs of dialogue, then speaking it while moving from this spot to that, interacting with props and doing it in CHARACTER, not just speaking it out loud. Trust me, it is fucking hard.

The other thing you look for is can you tell someone is remembering their lines, or trying to? William Shatner was famous for this, he would speak slowly on Star Trek because he was trying to remember his lines.

KALEY, I challenge anyone to show me a scene where you can see her trying to remember her lines, I can show you almost any actor doing it. Parsons is another one who never seems to be trying to. If you forget that Kaley is a hot blonde (which is the wording used when they cast her), and watch her ACTING, you will see a god damn good actor. Now, does she sometimes lose a bit of concentration and look off set which you are never supposed to do :lol: yeah...
Like any job, those of us who don't do it think most jobs are easy until we try to do it. One of the things I've noticed about the best actors is they don't seem to be acting. You can actually believe they're the character they're playing. Kaley Cuoco is a good actress and you can tell she's fully comfortable as Penny which makes you that she's Penny off-screen. What impresses me with that cast is how easy they seem to be able to say long, multi-syllable scientific terms as if they've been doing it all their lives.

As for hard work, I'm sure Zowie has stories about arriving at the studio in the very early morning and not leaving for home until well after dark. I remember reading that legendary actor Edward G. Robinson didn't like actors who weren't prepared for their scenes. He also didn't like having to shoot the same scene more than once because he believed the best performance came on the first take.

I bowled with a young guy in the Navy, a couple of years ago, and when his enlistment was up he got out and he wanted to be an actor. I talked with him about his chances and we agreed he had about a 1% chance of becoming a "star" and making big bucks. I recommended he learn to be a character actor because the good character actors always had work waiting for them. After he got out of the Navy, he worked at a civilian bowling alley and got hired on with a theater group. He didn't make big bucks but he gained experience.

BTW, according to IDMB, Kaley Cuoco only missed one show out of the 280 episodes.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Number6 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:05 pm Like any job, those of us who don't do it think most jobs are easy until we try to do it. One of the things I've noticed about the best actors is they don't seem to be acting. You can actually believe they're the character they're playing. Kaley Cuoco is a good actress and you can tell she's fully comfortable as Penny which makes you that she's Penny off-screen. What impresses me with that cast is how easy they seem to be able to say long, multi-syllable scientific terms as if they've been doing it all their lives.

As for hard work, I'm sure Zowie has stories about arriving at the studio in the very early morning and not leaving for home until well after dark. I remember reading that legendary actor Edward G. Robinson didn't like actors who weren't prepared for their scenes. He also didn't like having to shoot the same scene more than once because he believed the best performance came on the first take.

I bowled with a young guy in the Navy, a couple of years ago, and when his enlistment was up he got out and he wanted to be an actor. I talked with him about his chances and we agreed he had about a 1% chance of becoming a "star" and making big bucks. I recommended he learn to be a character actor because the good character actors always had work waiting for them. After he got out of the Navy, he worked at a civilian bowling alley and got hired on with a theater group. He didn't make big bucks but he gained experience.

BTW, according to IDMB, Kaley Cuoco only missed one show out of the 280 episodes.
1%, he should be so lucky...I know you meant that as a way of saying how hard it is, more like one out of 100,000 whatever that percentage is :lol:

She missed two, not one, per my memory and this (I think anyway)

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+man ... e&ie=UTF-8

I think the 2nd one she missed is where Raj's sister is introduced as if she and Leonard already know each other, but not positive.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

The following scene is of course trademark Chuck Lorre TandA to get the ratings numbers, but it happens to also include a moment for Kaley where her true skill comes through.

Towards the end where she hesitates admitting to Leonard why she is really upset, is textbook GREAT acting!

https://youtu.be/vXPH5j-KWFA

Tom Hanks did something similar in the restaurant scene of "You've Got Mail"

https://youtu.be/hhHh-O8bf_A

When the great Meg Ryan says "You are nothing but a suit"...cant teach what he does with his reaction, no words, just brilliant acting. This is at the last 30 seconds of the clip.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Libertas wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:22 pm 1%, he should be so lucky...I know you meant that as a way of saying how hard it is, more like one out of 100,000 whatever that percentage is :lol:

She missed two, not one, per my memory and this (I think anyway)

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+man ... e&ie=UTF-8

I think the 2nd one she missed is where Raj's sister is introduced as if she and Leonard already know each other, but not positive.
I took a look at IMDB and the first page for The Big Bang Theory which shows the principle actors shows she was in 279 episodes but when you look at the all cast and crew section it says she was in 278 episodes. So I'll go with 278.