LA mayor election ads hit new low

News and events of the day
ZoWie

LA mayor election ads hit new low

Post by ZoWie »

Caruso took off the gloves in the week before the election.

Now, there are real problems with Karen Bass. She made it all the way through U$C pretty much for free, because the fine burghers who ran that very expensive university wanted to make sure an up and comer like her would be on their side.

I voted for her anyway, even though I worked my way through their film school and still owed about what a Porsche cost at the time. Fortunately, I know that the mayor of LA has no real power to do much of anything except take lunch with world leaders and give incoherent speeches, so it's not a problem.

Unfortunately, Caruso is more on about a speech she once made where she said she supported some philanthropic Thing that got money from the "Church" of Scientology. Caruso is blitzing the local airwaves with a very manipulative 30 second spot that makes creative use of juxtaposition and decontextualization to attempt to make the impression that she is herself a Scientologist, which she isn't. The clips in the ad talk about various abuses made by Scientologists, which are indeed real and documented, but she has never actively supported them.

Then there's the one about Caruso being a Democrat. Well, it's true, but he's a DINO. He was a Republican until about when he decided to run for mayor. His claims about how he will spend $300 million on homelessness his first year in office are poppycock. The mayor doesn't control that kind of budget, the council does, and they are too busy covering their own asses to govern.

Well, guess what. I voted before these ads ran. Wasted your money, fool. Neener neener neener.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
bradman

Re: LA mayor election ads hit new low

Post by bradman »

What i find hard to believe?

All that money wasted in the last week of BS, half truths, and outright lies.

It hurts my brain.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]