Hershel Walker/Joy Reid debate?

News and events of the day
gounion

Hershel Walker/Joy Reid debate?

Post by gounion »

Won't happen:
MSNBC personality Joy Reid has accepted a debate challenge from Senate candidate Herschel Walker.

The back-and-forth began Tuesday when Reid tweeted video of the Georgia football-star-turned-candidate appearing on Fox News between Republican Sens. Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham. During that TV appearance, Walker used the word “erection” when he meant to say “election.” His conservative colleagues played along like nothing happened.

“The ancestors are weeping” Reid tweeted. “And why does he always need these handlers (who can’t even stop him from embarrassing himself.) Just humiliating…”

Walker returned fire on a right-wing Internet program Wednesday.

“I‘d love to debate Joy Reid,” he said.

Walker referred to his debate against Democratic incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock last month, claiming victory and saying he would also fare well in a one-on-one contest against Reid. Walker said Reid might be adept at being a television presenter, but a debate with him would prove more difficult.

I say, any day of the week she wants to debate, she can show up here and I’ll debate her as well on any subject,” he said. “She can come up with the subject, and let’s go at it.”

Reid wasted no time Wednesday night inviting Walker to visit her MSNBC program.

“OK, Herschel, come on,” she gleefully said. “No, seriously. We reached out to your team. We will have you on the ‘ReidOut’ any day. And we can debate. Just tell us when.”

Reid’s only caveat was that Walker couldn’t bring Cruz and Graham with him on her show.

Walker tweeted a Thanksgiving message Thursday, but has not responded to Reid’s challenge. His campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

He has for the most part limited television appearances to friendly environments like Fox News, but did appear on NBC News three weeks before the Nov. 8 election in which Warnock topped him by less than 1% of the vote in Georgia. Because neither candidate reached 50%, a runoff election will be held on Dec. 6.
No way his handlers will allow this. They all know how bad he is at debating, and, well, anything to do with governing. Tell me, Glenn and Joe, if you champion reasonable, responsible and professional government, why Hershel Walker should be a Senator.
ProfX

Re: Hershel Walker/Joy Reid debate?

Post by ProfX »

He'd be showing up at a battle of wits unarmed. Somehow, I too doubt it. He'll never debate her.

He won't debate his opponent either, just say weird stuff about him being a vampire, and whatever else. :roll:
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Number6

Post by Number6 »

He'll make up some excuse as to why he can't debate her. Among the excuses will be:

1. I have to visit one of my children who I haven't told the public about.

2. The military has recalled me to active service.

3. The FBI has recalled me to duty.

4. I'm giving a speech against abortion while my girlfriend is getting an abortion.

5. The Cobb County Police Department wants me to help them in an investigation.

The difference between Joy Reid and Herschel Walker is Joy Reid is smart and Herschel Walker is not.
When you vote left, you vote right.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Haha I wish he would.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:26 pm Haha I wish he would.
Doesn't matter what he says In a debate or anywhere else, he can't lose voters. He can only gain voters by something funny he says or by just showing up.

Truth, intellect, decency, these things actually dont matter anymore to almost half of the country. Dont know if they ever did, now that I think about it.

We see it reflected here all the time.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:18 am Doesn't matter what he says In a debate or anywhere else, he can't lose voters. He can only gain voters by something funny he says or by just showing up.

Truth, intellect, decency, these things actually dont matter anymore to almost half of the country. Dont know if they ever did, now that I think about it.

We see it reflected here all the time.
Agreed. The only thing his voters want is sovereignty and rulership via these demagogues.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells