It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: They're sorry!
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Buying things at Nordstrom Rack while Black

3 black teens wrongly accused of theft meet with Nordstrom Rack president - KMOV

Quote:
An incident at the Brentwood Square Nordstrom Rack on Thursday is catching national attention after three young black men say they were falsely accused of theft.

The president of Nordstrom Rack, Geevy Thomas, flew to St. Louis himself to make an apology to the teens and their families in person.

Mekhi Lee, Dirone Taylor and Eric Rogers II were all shopping for prom clothes at Nordstrom Rack when they started noticing several of the employees watching them and following them around the store.

"I was nervous the whole time," said Lee, "Every time we move, they move. when we looked up, they looked up."

Sounds familiar. :problem:

Doesn't matter if we wear KMart, Nordstrom Rack, Bloomingdale's or Brooks Brothers.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Aww, look who's sorry.

Attorney in rant that went viral says he's not a racist and offers an apology - CNN

Quote:
"Seeing myself online opened my eyes -- the manner in which I expressed myself is unacceptable and is not the person I am," he wrote. "I see my words and actions hurt people, and for that I am deeply sorry."

He wrote that "people should be able to express themselves freely" but "should do so calmly and respectfully."

"What the video did not convey is the real me. I am not racist. ..."

:roll:

They never are, are they. :problem: #dishonestconservatives

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

As I've said many times over, there are two generations of people still quite alive who endured Jim Crow and its effects.

Civil rights protesters expelled from college 58 years ago get long-awaited apology - USA Today

Quote:
Joseph Peterson knew there were risks when he and other students at Alabama State College went to protest against the whites-only lunch counter in the basement of the Montgomery County courthouse in 1960. They went anyway.

Lights were shut off. The cafeteria was closed. Police then forced the protesters outside, where they were lined up and their pictures taken.

It was what happened back on campus that surprised and disappointed Peterson. He was expelled. To this day, the 83-year-old has no regrets.

“It was time for America to change,” recalled Peterson, who lives in Birmingham. “You have to take a stand for something.”

Earlier this month — and 58 years later — the Alabama State Board of Education cleared the records of Peterson and eight other students who were expelled as well as those of faculty members who were fired for their civil rights activities. The head of the board called the state actions “unjustified and unfair."

For conservative whites who are quick to screech about innate black criminality, this is how people end up with records.

For conservative whites crowing in the present day about "political correctness on campus" and "witchhunts" and "100 years ago," the mere perception of being pro-Civil Rights 1930s-1970s could cost you your education, and your livelihood.

Today, conservative white kids running around in blackface and klan hats get suspended for a few days.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:40 am 
Board Emeritus

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Attachment:
roseanne.jpg
roseanne.jpg [ 45.75 KiB | Viewed 191 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:15 am 
Board Emeritus

Attachment:
roseanne.jpg

Ambien-tweeting?

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:09 am 
Board Emeritus

More like Smirnoff's tweeting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Another stupid bigot on the Neighborhood Welcome-->They're Sorry-->bye trajectory.

Earlier: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14196&p=417826

Theodore Decker: Racist words blow back on man, family and business - Columbus Dispatch

Quote:
“It was an awful mistake and obviously I don’t know how to explain it, and it’s ruined my life and it’s ruined my family’s life,” Whitman says.

He says this in a voicemail left for me on Thursday, two days after he most definitely didn’t apologize when confronted by a local television reporter.

Now, in this message, he sounds despondent.

“I’m out of business, I’m completely out, I’m done, I’ll never work in Columbus again,” he says. “This has completely and thoroughly ruined my life.” The message ends abruptly.

:problem:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Another stupid bigot on the Neighborhood Welcome-->They're Sorry-->bye trajectory.

Theodore Decker: Racist words blow back on man, family and business - Columbus Dispatch

Fantastic, and dont for a SECOND think he is sorry, he is NOT...he is sorry he was videotaped.

Now, people can change, admit they are wrong, and be rehabilitated. I say let's give him the same amount of forgiveness we give those Black men who sold drugs when they were kids.

Last edited by Libertas on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

When you're driving around in your company's vehicle with the company's name and phone number on it and you act the way Whitman did then that reflects on directly on your company. Most people don't want to deal with people who behaved like Whitman did.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

White Supremacist Doctor Apologizes For 'Hurtful, Unjustifiable Words' - Gothamist

Quote:
A doctor in the Bronx who was accused earlier this week of making a number of racist and anti-Semitic comments on a white supremacist message board has apologized, and says that the experience has "been very painful for me overall."

Quote:

On Monday, Dov Bechhofer, a resident radiologist at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, was identified in a Medium article as a prolific commenter on the the blog for white nationalist publishing house Counter-Currents. Writing under the name "Dov," the doctor repeatedly expressed his support for the creation of a white ethnostate through the forced deportations of people of color, and spoke positively of the lethal violence committed by neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, according to the anonymous article.

"Dov" also frequently defended anti-Semitism, at one point writing that "in White ethnostates (which I hope to see materialize ASAP), Jews must be considered foreign elements." Elsewhere, he proposed "A Jewish Defense of Anti-Semitism," and aruged that Jewish people "need to be considered either non-White or perennially anti-White concerning aspirations of and strategies for the White race moving forward."

:problem: :problem: :problem: :problem: :problem: :problem: :problem: :problem: :problem: :problem:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Monroe school board candidate withdraws following NJ Globe report - NJ Globe

Quote:
Rick Jankowski, a carpenter, had made posts on Facebook calling black people “animals” and “fucking monkeys.”

“I’m sorry. There isn’t much more than I can say except for that. I would like to extend my heartfelt apologies to those that I have offended and to those who have supported me in my endeavors,” Jankowski said in a posting announcing his withdrawal from the race. “Regarding the remarks that were recently published, I want you to know that I wrote those remarks in anger from what I have seen transpire through our country over the years. I acknowledge this is not an excuse for my actions. I know many will say I am apologizing because those remarks surfaced and I assure you this is not the case. I could have deleted the posts or made my page private, but I didn’t because that’s not who I am.”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:07 am 
Board Emeritus

You don't have to explain anything, Rick. We know exactly who you are, along with the rest of the assholes like you, who make up half this country.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glad her ass lost.

Detroit Rep. Bettie Cook Scott apologizes for racist remarks - Freep

Quote:
State Rep. Bettie Cook Scott released an apology through her lawyer on Thursday after reports emerged that she had used racial slurs to describe her opponent in the Democratic primary for a Detroit state Senate seat.

"I deeply regret the comments I made that have proven hurtful to so many. Those are words I never should have said," Scott said in the statement. "I humbly apologize to Representative (Stephanie) Chang, her husband, Mr. Gray, and to the broader Asian-American community for those disparaging remarks. In the divisive age we find ourselves in, I should not contribute further to that divisiveness."

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 010651002/
Quote:
Both Scott and her opponent, Rep. Stephanie Chang, are Democrats who represent Detroit in the Michigan House of Representatives. Both are running for a state Senate seat. According to Progress Michigan, Scott was heard on Aug. 7 telling people at a primary-day polling place that "these immigrants from China are coming over and taking our community from us."

Scott's office told the Free Press that no one would be available to comment until next week.

Scott is also alleged to have referred to Chang using a racial slur.

https://m.metrotimes.com/news-hits/arch ... hing-chong
Quote:
More than a dozen community groups have called on Rep. Bettie Cook Scott (D-Detroit) to apologize for a series of racial slurs sources say she used to describe her primary election opponent, Rep. Stephanie Chang (D-Detroit).

Scott is alleged to have referred to Chang as "ching-chang" and "the ching-chong" to multiple voters outside polling precincts during last Tuesday's election. She's also said to have called one of Chang's campaign volunteers an “immigrant,” saying “you don’t belong here” and “I want you out of my country.”

foh

dumb bigot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:01 pm 

I had a friend (unfortunately a staunch conservative now, but he's pretty tame about posting political rants and he and I live in separate parts of the state now) used to say when we were in high school, "I KNOW you're sorry, now APOLOGIZE"

If you're interested in lighthouses, you might want to check it out.

DON'T BLAME ME I VOTED AGAINST AMENDMENT ONE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Anger in what he has seen transpire?

Who he is is a fucking racist shithead.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

These folks are only sorry because they got caught, and outed in their racist views and they are paying for it. Heck, they thought in Trump's America, they could get away with telling their true feelings like Trump does!