Biden tested positive for COVID

News and events of the day
ProfX

Re: Biden tested positive for COVID

Post by ProfX »

Source, link?

In the meantime, I just checked PolitFact.

Biden, Harris distrusted Trump with COVID-19 vaccines, not the vaccines themselves
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... nes-not-v/

Video clips appear to show Joe Biden and Kamala Harris raising doubts about COVID-19 vaccines, but they were raising concerns about the rollout by then-President Donald Trump, not the vaccines themselves.

[snip]

In fact, the clips are selectively edited to take the statements out of context. The parts that are left out make clear that Biden and Harris were raising questions not about the vaccines themselves, but about then-President Donald Trump’s rollout of the vaccines and the risk that the effort would become rushed or politicized.

[snip]

Trump was publicly touting the promise of a rapidly developed COVID-19 vaccine as early as March 2020, when fears of a global pandemic were just beginning to flare, and said he was urging researchers working on the vaccine to "speed it up." Scientists and drug makers, meanwhile, were urging more caution on the timeline and said they were emphasizing safety and effectiveness over speed.

[snip]

Harris was asked in a Sept. 6, 2020, interview whether she would take a vaccine if it was approved before the election. She replied:

"Well, I think that's going to be an issue for all of us. I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump. And it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about. I will not take his word for it. He wants us to inject bleach. I — no, I will not take his word."

Harris was asked in an Oct. 7, 2020, vice presidential debate if she would take a vaccine if the Trump administration approved one. Referring to the leading government epidemiologist Dr. Anthony Fauci, she said:

"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it."

[snip]

"Charting a clear path of science-based vaccines, free from politics. I get asked the question: ‘If the president announced tomorrow we have a vaccine, would you take it?’ Only if it was completely transparent, that other experts in the country could look at it, only if we knew all of what went into it. Because so far, nothing he’s told us has been true."

The following week, Biden restated his concern about politics intervening in vaccine development:

"Americans have had to endure President Trump’s incompetence and dishonesty, when it comes to testing and personal protective equipment. We can’t afford to repeat those fiascos when it comes to a vaccine. … Let me be clear: I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump, and at this moment, the American people can’t either. Last week, Senator Harris and I laid out three questions this administration’s going to have to answer to assure the American people that politics will not play a role whatsoever in the vaccine process. If Donald Trump can’t give answers and the administration can’t give answers to these three questions, the American people should not have confidence."

[snip]

A video on social media suggests that Biden and Harris distrusted COVID-19 vaccines.

The video was selectively edited to leave out the context of their statements. Their full statements show they were raising doubts about Trump’s trustworthiness, his ability to roll out the vaccines safely and the risk of political influence over vaccine development.

[snip][end]

I do not see where Biden or Harris were spreading misinformation. Neither does PolitiFact.
I think skepticism toward Trump, given his promotion of pseudoscience like HCQ, was reasonable.
So was skepticism about rushing the process for political rather than medical goals.
Both of them said, even if the vaccine came out under Trump. they would take it if independent scientific and medical authorities verified it was safe and effective.
An absolutely reasonable position. Same one I held, BTW.
Last edited by ProfX on Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Re: Biden tested positive for COVIDsupport

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:41 am VP Harris for one.
Please provide a link for this assertion that VP Harris questioned the vaccine and the FDA prior to the election.

Back up your claims, or don't make the claims.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:32 am I seem to recall there were folks also questioning the vaccine and the FDA prior to the election. That was also misinformation. I don’t recall anyone on this board questioning that. It all undermined public confidence in the vaccines and it all undermined government institutions and was not based on facts and not based on knowledge about how vaccines are developed and approved by the FDA. Since you brought it up. Funny how you are only concerned with one half of the misinformation problem and conveniently ignore the rest. Speaking of living in your own reality and playing ignorant.
You were the one arguing the misinformation on masking. You even lied about the hospital in your area to make your misinformed points.

The ONLY reason you supported the vaccines is that you were working in the pharma industry, probably with the companies making them, and had lots of investments in them. You made plenty of bank, Joe, on the government teat. Didn't bother you a bit, did it?

Too bad you didn't have any money invested in mask manufacturers like 3M. Then you'd have been all for them.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:32 am I seem to recall there were folks also questioning the vaccine and the FDA prior to the election.
Which folks?

Links, please.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

ProfX wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:42 am Source, link?

In the meantime, I just checked PolitFact.

Biden, Harris distrusted Trump with COVID-19 vaccines, not the vaccines themselves
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... nes-not-v/

Video clips appear to show Joe Biden and Kamala Harris raising doubts about COVID-19 vaccines, but they were raising concerns about the rollout by then-President Donald Trump, not the vaccines themselves.

[snip]

In fact, the clips are selectively edited to take the statements out of context. The parts that are left out make clear that Biden and Harris were raising questions not about the vaccines themselves, but about then-President Donald Trump’s rollout of the vaccines and the risk that the effort would become rushed or politicized.

[snip]

Trump was publicly touting the promise of a rapidly developed COVID-19 vaccine as early as March 2020, when fears of a global pandemic were just beginning to flare, and said he was urging researchers working on the vaccine to "speed it up." Scientists and drug makers, meanwhile, were urging more caution on the timeline and said they were emphasizing safety and effectiveness over speed.

[snip]

Harris was asked in a Sept. 6, 2020, interview whether she would take a vaccine if it was approved before the election. She replied:

"Well, I think that's going to be an issue for all of us. I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump. And it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about. I will not take his word for it. He wants us to inject bleach. I — no, I will not take his word."

Harris was asked in an Oct. 7, 2020, vice presidential debate if she would take a vaccine if the Trump administration approved one. Referring to the leading government epidemiologist Dr. Anthony Fauci, she said:

"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it."

[snip]

"Charting a clear path of science-based vaccines, free from politics. I get asked the question: ‘If the president announced tomorrow we have a vaccine, would you take it?’ Only if it was completely transparent, that other experts in the country could look at it, only if we knew all of what went into it. Because so far, nothing he’s told us has been true."

The following week, Biden restated his concern about politics intervening in vaccine development:

"Americans have had to endure President Trump’s incompetence and dishonesty, when it comes to testing and personal protective equipment. We can’t afford to repeat those fiascos when it comes to a vaccine. … Let me be clear: I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump, and at this moment, the American people can’t either. Last week, Senator Harris and I laid out three questions this administration’s going to have to answer to assure the American people that politics will not play a role whatsoever in the vaccine process. If Donald Trump can’t give answers and the administration can’t give answers to these three questions, the American people should not have confidence."

[snip]

A video on social media suggests that Biden and Harris distrusted COVID-19 vaccines.

The video was selectively edited to leave out the context of their statements. Their full statements show they were raising doubts about Trump’s trustworthiness, his ability to roll out the vaccines safely and the risk of political influence over vaccine development.

[snip][end]

I do not see where Biden or Harris were spreading misinformation. Neither does PolitiFact.
I think skepticism toward Trump, given his promotion of pseudoscience like HCQ, was reasonable.
So was skepticism about rushing the process for political rather than medical goals.
Both of them said, even if the vaccine came out under Trump. they would take it if independent scientific and medical authorities verified it was safe and effective.
An absolutely reasonable position. Same one I held, BTW.
Joe lies again.
Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:07 am What’s hilarious is that I never said half of the shit you just claimed. I never mentioned DeSantis. I never blamed Biden for world wide gas prices or world wide inflation. What’s hilarious is that you imagine that you know what everyone who doesn’t agree with you thinks to the point of putting words in their mouth.
You have blamed Biden and the Dems for inflation and gas prices, when these are WORLD WIDE issues and you've blamed him and the Dems for a "border crisis." You also keep citing polls while keeping yourself dishonest about these issues being a world wide problem. So no, I'm not making shit up. And notice how you don't mention J6 or attempt to sluff it off.

Some examples:
JoeMemphis wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:54 pm What makes you think that I want the policies your party is offering? Is inflation not high enough for you? Is crime not high enough for you? Are our unfunded liabilities not high enough for you. As I told you before, the current polls don’t reflect favorably on the policies offered by the current congress. So while I don’t give a shit for Trump, I do care about those things that affect me and my family and the nation as a whole. Polls show a majority of people think this country is on the wrong track.

By the way, I don’t agree with everything the Republican Party does but they don’t control the legislature and the executive.
JoeMemphis wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:54 pm So you vote for an administration that’s pushing inflationary policy decisions, so I guess you support inflation.
JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:49 am The electorate will look at all of this over the next 4 months. Inflation in food, fuel, etc., the border, national security, supply chain issues, Covid, abortion, etc. They will let us know who they believe best represents their best interest. That’s the only poll that really counts.

It’s going to be an interesting 4 months. The sad thing is that once it’s over we will just move right onto the 2024 election without letup.
JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:58 pm Typical BS is how I would categorize the comment to which Inwas responding.

Low inflation. Pumping more money into an economy that is already overheated is inflationary. And once prices go up, they are slow to come down. At first we heard it was transitory. Not hearing that anymore are we. We can debate if it’s Bidens fault but IMO he isn’t helping things.

As far as crime, I think enforcing laws rather than choosing to ignore the laws you don’t like is important. It sends a signal to both the good actors and the bad ones. I have no issue with fighting poverty and inequality. I support those initiatives as well. I don’t think you get there by ignoring bad behavior. That just leads to more crime.

But as I told GoU, I am not the guy to convince. Your folks are losing moderates and independents that voted for Biden a year ago. If you can’t deliver them again, you are in for a tough election cycle.
JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:22 pm Say what you will but many of the folks who voted for the man aren’t feeling it. Maybe that’s fair. Maybe it isn’t. But history in mid terms isn’t in Bidens favor and other stubborn problems such as crime, inflation, the supply chain problems as well as the ongoing pandemic doesn’t help his poll numbers. If those numbers were going the other way the media would be gushing over Biden.
JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:42 pm when gas prices hit 6,7, 8 dollars a gallon, only morons will be talking about Jan 6.
JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:57 pm Well I guess we will see what the voters think about the border policy among other things. Let’s see how many folks run on the excellent job we are doing at the border.
JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:18 pm Might want to pick another subject Sam. Bidens polling on immigration and the border is pretty much in the basement. If he’s got a plan, it certainly doesn’t show.

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:33 pm
I think the polling shows, that a healthy majority of people don’t favor an open border policy.
----------------------
As soon as Biden stepped into office they started up with a sudden crisis at the border, that was all of a sudden there. The problem didn’t just suddenly appear. The GOP constantly pushes fear based distractions and lies, as authoritarians do. Just like the mysterious caravans of 2018 that suddenly vanished when the midterms were over.
JoeMemphis wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:57 pm Well I guess we will see what the voters think about the border policy among other things. Let’s see how many folks run on the excellent job we are doing at the border.
----------------------

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:20 pm That’s what elections are all about. I don’t see where a border we cannot control and laws we either cannot enforce or choose not to enforce is in anyones best interest. It become quite fashionable to ignore federal law. That is until the laws we care about happen to get ignored. Good to know we can ignore the ones that don’t bother us.
JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:07 pm II mean when you arrest people who have been deported multiple times, you really don’t control your border. I do think that Biden’s border policies have exacerbated an already bad problem. Since Biden is the current occupant of the Oval Office, it is his problem. That doesn’t change just because he chooses to ignore it. JMHO.

You can surface coat and mice words all you choose. I think trying to sell inflation as being transitory was a gimmick/excuse by the administration. It didn’t work so then they moved onto another talking point. Lipstick on a pig.
You parrot RW talking points while claiming you're not affiliated with any party. Oh, then you vote for Republicans.

And as far as Ron DeSantis goes, you have defended his policies, which are NOT conservative. Considering you vote for people like Marsha Blackburn, it's a hard sell to say you're not for Ron DeSantis.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Drak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:17 am You have blamed Biden and the Dems for inflation and gas prices, when these are WORLD WIDE issues and you've blamed him and the Dems for a "border crisis." You also keep citing polls while keeping yourself dishonest about these issues being a world wide problem. So no, I'm not making shit up. And notice how you don't mention J6 or attempt to sluff it off.

Some examples:

----------------------

----------------------

You parrot RW talking points while claiming you're not affiliated with any party. Oh, then you vote for Republicans.

And as far as Ron DeSantis goes, you have defended his policies, which are NOT conservative. Considering you vote for people like Marsha Blackburn, it's a hard sell to say you're not for Ron DeSantis.
The posts contradict what you claimed. I never blamed Biden for world wide inflation. Nowhere. Yet that’s what you claim. Did the policies he advocate exacerbate the problem. I think certainly some of them did. But nowhere did I say that Biden was responsible for world wide inflation. That was YOUR interpretation which only proves that your opinion is less than factual.

As to the border. Yep I do think it’s a policy issue that belongs squarely to this administration. We will see what voters think.

As to vaccines, All I can really speak to is that I supported vaccines since the pandemic began. I was for them under Trump. I was for them under Biden. So if there was misinformation on vaccines, you can ask the people who spread such misinformation. I wasn’t one of them.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:10 pm The posts contradict what you claimed. I never blamed Biden for world wide inflation. Nowhere. Yet that’s what you claim. Did the policies he advocate exacerbate the problem. I think certainly some of them did. But nowhere did I say that Biden was responsible for world wide inflation. That was YOUR interpretation which only proves that your opinion is less than factual.

As to the border. Yep I do think it’s a policy issue that belongs squarely to this administration. We will see what voters think.

As to vaccines, All I can really speak to is that I supported vaccines since the pandemic began. I was for them under Trump. I was for them under Biden. So if there was misinformation on vaccines, you can ask the people who spread such misinformation. I wasn’t one of them.
Well, you were blaming all the Dems for inflation and gas prices. But then, you’re too gutless to stand by your statements.

And you WERE pushing masking misinformation, happily. Again, you had money in the vaccines, so you’d be pushing them whether they worked or not.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:09 am You NEVER provide links or data. You just make claims. Why is that?
Ask con what about Obama he did not agree with...

Health care for more people?

the beauty of it all is board con here would NEVER have thought to REMOTELY question vax or masks OTHER THAN for something he heard his leader, the dumbest human alive, say.
I sigh in your general direction.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:21 pm Well, you were blaming all the Dems for inflation and gas prices. But then, you’re too gutless to stand by your statements.

And you WERE pushing masking misinformation, happily. Again, you had money in the vaccines, so you’d be pushing them whether they worked or not.
I wasn’t blaming all Dems. I don’t believe all Dems support each and every Dem policy. But the fact is that problems that either occur or exist during an administration become a administration problem. Even Biden understands this. So President are and will be judged based upon the “are you better off today” question. So IMO, are we better off? Not in my opinion. Does that mean that Biden is responsible for the problem? No. But he is responsible for the policies he implements.

As for masking. I didn’t believe masking worked as implemented. Still don’t believe it. I don’t believe you can micromanage the behavior of 320 million people. I didn’t believe it then and I still do not believe it today. It’s my OPINION. I said so at the time. That isn’t misinformation.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

All virologist specialists on planet earth say masking works fantastically as opposed to not.

Board con hears something uttered by provably the dumbest man alive, and all of a sudden takes an opposing view to thousands of actual experts.

THIS is why so many will die. :twisted:
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:37 pm I wasn’t blaming all Dems. I don’t believe all Dems support each and every Dem policy. But the fact is that problems that either occur or exist during an administration become a administration problem. Even Biden understands this. So President are and will be judged based upon the “are you better off today” question. So IMO, are we better off? Not in my opinion. Does that mean that Biden is responsible for the problem? No. But he is responsible for the policies he implements.

As for masking. I didn’t believe masking worked as implemented. Still don’t believe it. I don’t believe you can micromanage the behavior of 320 million people. I didn’t believe it then and I still do not believe it today. It’s my OPINION. I said so at the time. That isn’t misinformation.
First, would the GOP do any better on inflation? Remember that the heavy spending started under the Trump administration.

The question should be “would we be better off with the GOP and Trump? What’s YOUR answer?

And yes, it was misinformation - including saying the county where you were chilling in your lake house had ZERO cases, and the hospital was empty and had no cases. Remember that? And you were talking about the SCIENCE of masking and if it was effective. Joe, you’re fucking lying. But we all know it, including you.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Actually there is a 2nd reason board con opposes wearing a mask, he finds it uncomfortable and could not give two shits about the people around him, only his personal comfort.

You can see this attitude in everything they do, it is why civil rights mean nothing to them, they have theirs, why should they care about anybody else?
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:47 pm Actually there is a 2nd reason board con opposes wearing a mask, he finds it uncomfortable and could not give two shits about the people around him, only his personal comfort.

You can see this attitude in everything they do, it is why civil rights mean nothing to them, they have theirs, why should they care about anybody else?
Oh yes, Joe whined on and on about how they were soooooo hot and uncomfortable! He should try to wear a full respirator in 100 degree heat like I’ve had to at times in my career in the shop.
Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:10 pm The posts contradict what you claimed. I never blamed Biden for world wide inflation. Nowhere. Yet that’s what you claim. Did the policies he advocate exacerbate the problem. I think certainly some of them did. But nowhere did I say that Biden was responsible for world wide inflation. That was YOUR interpretation which only proves that your opinion is less than factual.

No, actually, your posts back up exactly what I said. You parrot RW BS. Inflation and high gas is a world wide problem, and I've shown that you blame inflation and gas on Biden and the Dems. Meanwhile, the people you vote for, the GOP, offers NO solutions for these things.

And, your schtick has always been this false claim that you're some sort of non affiliated neutral conservative/independent who thinks for himself, while never offering specifics or data on anything, including who you vote for, when we know who you vote for. It's just a sad way to attempt to smoke and mirrors some BS credibility when you attack the left or ignore the stuff being carried out by the GOP. Another tactic you use is constantly trying to claim everything is opinions, dismissing and ignoring actual facts because you don't like them. It also supports your BS about both sides stuff, that everything is just opinions. Then there's the fact that you don't actually follow what's going on so you can ignore or deny it.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:51 pm Oh yes, Joe whined on and on about how they were soooooo hot and uncomfortable! He should try to wear a full respirator in 100 degree heat like I’ve had to at times in my career in the shop.
Well, to be fair to him, unless trump QUESTIONED the need for said respirator, maybe he wouldnt. :roll:
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:52 pm No, actually, your posts back up exactly what I said. You parrot RW BS. Inflation and high gas is a world wide problem, and I've shown that you blame inflation and gas on Biden and the Dems. Meanwhile, the people you vote for, the GOP, offers NO solutions for these things.

And, your schtick has always been this false claim that you're some sort of non affiliated neutral conservative/independent who thinks for himself, while never offering specifics or data on anything, including who you vote for, when we know who you vote for. It's just a sad way to attempt to smoke and mirrors some BS credibility when you attack the left or ignore the stuff being carried out by the GOP. Another tactic you use is constantly trying to claim everything is opinions, dismissing and ignoring actual facts because you don't like them. It also supports your BS about both sides stuff, that everything is just opinions. Then there's the fact that you don't actually follow what's going on so you can ignore or deny it.
Yeah, just like the talk show callers after Obama won the election the first time:

"Hi, I am a small business owner and I'm calling to discuss Obamacare today and how it's harming my business"

EVERY talk show hosted by a patriot (not a con) and every single day for YEARS you got at least one an hour.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:45 pm First, would the GOP do any better on inflation? Remember that the heavy spending started under the Trump administration.

The question should be “would we be better off with the GOP and Trump? What’s YOUR answer?

And yes, it was misinformation - including saying the county where you were chilling in your lake house had ZERO cases, and the hospital was empty and had no cases. Remember that? And you were talking about the SCIENCE of masking and if it was effective. Joe, you’re fucking lying. But we all know it, including you.
Clearly I didn’t think Trump was fit for the office. I didn’t vote for him. I couldn’t support the Democrats platform so I didn’t vote for Biden. So that’s how I answered the question as it relates to POTUS. Said that many times on this board.

We have been over the whole lake house conversation. I wasn’t lying. I didn’t have all the facts and admitted as much in subsequent posts. The statement about the hospital was 100 percent correct at that time. Believe what you choose.

As for masking, I said that the masks worn at the time were ineffective especially when worn improperly. That’s been confirmed. We don’t live in controlled laboratory conditions. We live in the world and you can’t force everyone to do what you want. Couldn’t them and you can’t now. If people don’t wear the proper mask and don’t wear the mask properly, it will affect efficacy. It’s no different than not taking your medication as prescribed. As mask that isn’t designed to filter small virus particulates isn’t going to be effective esp when not worn properly. I said this over and over.

As far as some of the other policy, I simply note that in subsequent surges, we didn’t close restaurants and stores. So it these were so effective, why didn’t we repeat them?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Drak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:52 pm No, actually, your posts back up exactly what I said. You parrot RW BS. Inflation and high gas is a world wide problem, and I've shown that you blame inflation and gas on Biden and the Dems. Meanwhile, the people you vote for, the GOP, offers NO solutions for these things.

You make me laugh. I’m a conservative. Never said anything differently. If you think I’m going to vote as a progressive then you are incredibly naive. Besides when discussing policy, what difference does it make who I vote for? It’s not like you don’t know that I favor conservative policy positions. I never ask nor do I care who other people vote for. Can you not discuss your views or do you need a politician to speak for you. It’s a discussion board. I don’t speak for politicians.

Where I have differed on policy with Republicans, I have said so. That doesn’t mean I’m going to agree with your opinion on those people, their positions or what does or does not motivate them. Those are your opinions. You can speak to them.

As for dismissing or ignoring facts you dont like. Your schtick is to dismiss inconvenient truths by claiming whataboutism and false equivalency. The reality is your outage isn’t consistent in its application and is situational based on your political
Ideology. IMO.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Inflation has the following causes, pretty much in descending order of importance:

1. The worst pandemic in 100 years. It stopped the economy dead in the water for a couple of months. It caused a massive labor shortage and a total shutdown of the supply chain for a long time. These shortages of just about everything were the straw that broke the already overextended economy's back. The pandemic is still a major problem, though most people are in denial, at least until they get sick, as something like 1/8th the population of this county is currently doing.

2. OK, Republicans, this is a good one for you. Your New York gangster-connected real estate swindler fast-talked himself into the presidency and bombed worse than a revival of Birth of a Nation in Compton. When he lost an election that a real president would have won in a second, and couldn't even start a revolution, and had to slink out of DC and start tampering with witnesses in the investigation of his misdeeds, the new president wouldn't go along with Vladimir Putin's empire ambitions, and so Vlad started a war. Said war cut off the supply of Russian oil, Russian natural gas, and Ukranian grain. This made all the problems originally caused by the pandemic 100 times worse.

3. The Senate. It is essentially run by a Democrat who lives on a yacht and a Republican whose mission is to bring down the current government. Its antiquated rules which date from the Civil War and the Jim Crow era, facilitate the killing of every economic legislative initiative, to the point where these are now essentially dead on arrival.

4. The business cycle.

Shit happens.

Note that Biden hasn't had time to cause inflation. Since he hasn't been allowed to govern much at all, he's probably had less effect than most presidents in their second year, and that's close to no effect at all. But all you Republican dupes will do your damndest to blame him for everything since the asteroid killed the dinosaurs.
Last edited by ZoWie on Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:39 pmI’m a conservative.
Conservatism is authoritarian, conformist, militaristic trash.
If you think I’m going to vote as a progressive then you are incredibly naive.
Good. That's the way we want it.

Stay over there with the rest of the confederates, and please do not EVER vote for liberals or progressives.

The last thing we need is the lethal Good Citizen vote once again burying the Dem party in fecal waste.
Besides when discussing policy, what difference does it make who I vote for?
Dirty conservatives like you are the reason legalized anti-minority laws and polices lasted so long, and why your politicians are eager to restore it.

Too bad if you don't like being challenged for voting for one of the dumbest, most authoritarian senators in Congress, all while pretending to be some kind of independent free thinker.

Get used to it, Good Citizan.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:04 pm Conservatism is authoritarian, conformist, militaristic trash.

Good. That's the way we want it.

Stay over there with the rest of the confederates, and please do not EVER vote for liberals or progressives.

The last thing we need is the lethal Good Citizen vote once again burying the Dem party in fecal waste.

Dirty conservatives like you are the reason legalized anti-minority laws and polices lasted so long, and why your politicians are eager to restore it.

Too bad if you don't like being challenged for voting for one of the dumbest, most authoritarian senators in Congress, all while pretending to be some kind of independent free thinker.

Get used to it, Good Citizan.
I wish they would just admit that they dont know what they opposed by Obama, for instance, and they love the GOP because of the discriminatory practices of the party.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

It's clear that the main thing they opposed about Obama was his race.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:21 pm It's clear that the main thing they opposed about Obama was his race.
Well, that and healthcare for non whites.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Same thing.

Though you have a point, because the Republicans want to sacrifice the aged to save a few bucks, as was made clear when drumpf said it was time to let mom die of Covid and get out of the way of the rich, able, and well-born.