Democratic Party Tax Increase

News and events of the day
JoeMemphis

Re: Democratic Party Tax Increase

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:48 pm Yeah, we know, ignorance is your way of life.
:lol:
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:53 pm:lol:
I don't know, frankly, if I've ever seen someone who is so proud of his ignorance as you are. Anything we want to discuss, you don't know anything about it. I'm sure if I asked you what you thought about the FBI raid on Trump's Mar-a-Lago, you'd say, "what was that?" and even "what's Mar-a-Lago"?

Not that you haven't REALLY heard about it, but you're such a chicken shit that you don't like to have to defend a side on anything, so you just pretend. But there certainly IS a lot you're profoundly ignorant about, and more importantly, you WANT to remain ignorant. You DON'T want to learn anything new.

Well, you're one of a kind, that's for sure.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:29 pm I don't know, frankly, if I've ever seen someone who is so proud of his ignorance as you are. Anything we want to discuss, you don't know anything about it. I'm sure if I asked you what you thought about the FBI raid on Trump's Mar-a-Lago, you'd say, "what was that?" and even "what's Mar-a-Lago"?

Not that you haven't REALLY heard about it, but you're such a chicken shit that you don't like to have to defend a side on anything, so you just pretend. But there certainly IS a lot you're profoundly ignorant about, and more importantly, you WANT to remain ignorant. You DON'T want to learn anything new.

Well, you're one of a kind, that's for sure.
Anything YOU want to discuss. Matters not what the topic happens to be. Matters not what is currently being discussed. I’m just not interested in having a discussion with someone who can’t stay on topic, who can’t speak or think for themselves, who spends more time misrepresenting what other people say than on his own point of view on the topics being discussed. Don’t think of it as ignorance. I’m just bored with you.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:10 pm Anything YOU want to discuss. Matters not what the topic happens to be. Matters not what is currently being discussed. I’m just not interested in having a discussion with someone who can’t stay on topic, who can’t speak or think for themselves, who spends more time misrepresenting what other people say than on his own point of view on the topics being discussed. Don’t think of it as ignorance. I’m just bored with you.
No you're not, or you just wouldn't respond. You're the one that makes some stupid comment about the government being too powerful, when that had nothing to do with what Bird said. And you complain that I don't stay on topic? Hilarious!

Sorry, but you've tried this before, remember? But you always come back to it. It's funny to watch.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:07 pm Yes but you're a psycho.
:lol:

I know that isnt a joke, because it is pretty much true, but it made me laugh.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:16 pm No you're not, or you just wouldn't respond. You're the one that makes some stupid comment about the government being too powerful, when that had nothing to do with what Bird said. And you complain that I don't stay on topic? Hilarious!

Sorry, but you've tried this before, remember? But you always come back to it. It's funny to watch.
Have the cons here said a word about the search at Mara Lardo?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:16 pm No you're not, or you just wouldn't respond. You're the one that makes some stupid comment about the government being too powerful, when that had nothing to do with what Bird said. And you complain that I don't stay on topic? Hilarious!

We were talking about how prices are set. What was said was that business hates competition. That speaks towards monopolies and oligarchy. IOW, putting too much power in the hands of a few. Eliminating choice. That also is a consequence of putting too much power in the hands of the government. Just trading one huge bureaucracy for another.

Bird is a grown man perfectly capable of speaking for himself. He doesn’t need you for a net nanny. So if it’s irrelevant to you or you can’t keep up, just ignore the comment. It’s really that simple.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:10 pmI’m just not interested in having a discussion with someone who can’t stay on topic, who can’t speak …
You’re obsessed with him.
I’m just bored with you.
Then get out.

You’re obsessed with him and it’s creepy as hell.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:56 pm We were talking about how prices are set. What was said was that business hates competition. That speaks towards monopolies and oligarchy. IOW, putting too much power in the hands of a few. Eliminating choice. That also is a consequence of putting too much power in the hands of the government. Just trading one huge bureaucracy for another.
Government isn't a monopoly. Again, it was irrelevant to the issue at hand, so you instead deflected to your hatred of government. You'd rather see corporations unregulated, regardless of the damage they would do to the American people. We know this because of the damage they did when they WERE unregulated. So, I saw you palm that card, and called you on it. Tough. Deal with it.
Bird is a grown man perfectly capable of speaking for himself. He doesn’t need you for a net nanny. So if it’s irrelevant to you or you can’t keep up, just ignore the comment. It’s really that simple.
You've done the same thing on the board. I have the right to comment. I don't need you for a net nanny. If you don't like my comments, tough.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:56 am Government isn't a monopoly. Again, it was irrelevant to the issue at hand, so you instead deflected to your hatred of government. You'd rather see corporations unregulated, regardless of the damage they would do to the American people. We know this because of the damage they did when they WERE unregulated. So, I saw you palm that card, and called you on it. Tough. Deal with it.

You've done the same thing on the board. I have the right to comment. I don't need you for a net nanny. If you don't like my comments, tough.
I don’t hate government. I just think they need to stay in their own lane. I never said business shouldn’t be regulated. So you have no clue what I’d rather see. There was no card to see.

I don’t speak for other people. That’s you big boy. You spend way more time speaking for other people than you do speaking for yourself. Don’t blame me for what you post.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:15 pm I don’t hate government. I just think they need to stay in their own lane. I never said business shouldn’t be regulated. So you have no clue what I’d rather see. There was no card to see.

I don’t speak for other people. That’s you big boy. You spend way more time speaking for other people than you do speaking for yourself. Don’t blame me for what you post.
I blame you for nothing; unlike you, I take responsibility for what I post; You're the one that lies about people then you say they made you do it. You can never take responsibility for yourself.

You can't even take responsibility for your posts. As I pointed out, Bird's post had nothing to do with the government, it had to do with corporations. Instead of responding with a cogent post, you just put words into HIS mouth. Right here:
But if you don’t like monopolies or oligarchies then I assume you don’t want to put all that power in the hands of government. It’s the biggest monopoly in the country.
What's THAT except putting words into his mouth?

You're such an idiot.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:22 pm I blame you for nothing; unlike you, I take responsibility for what I post; You're the one that lies about people then you say they made you do it. You can never take responsibility for yourself.

You can't even take responsibility for your posts. As I pointed out, Bird's post had nothing to do with the government, it had to do with corporations. Instead of responding with a cogent post, you just put words into HIS mouth. Right here:

You're such an idiot.
Dumbest person on this board. Even Glennfs has more wits about him than JoeMemphis.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:28 pm Dumbest person on this board. Even Glennfs has more wits about him than JoeMemphis.
You are correct. But Joe loves being a victim. I WOULD say he likes to play stupid and ignorant, but I don't think he's playing.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:22 pm I blame you for nothing; unlike you, I take responsibility for what I post; You're the one that lies about people then you say they made you do it. You can never take responsibility for yourself.

You're such an idiot.
Starting your statement with “You do it too” sounds like an excuse. It sounds like blame shifting. If you are responsible then stop with the excuses. You seek to control the conversation and it pisses you off when folks don’t go along. This all started because you didn’t like how I responded to Bird. Bird hasn’t weighed in on my comment at all. So you speak for him. If you don’t like my comment. If you don’t feel it’s “cogent”, who cares? I don’t. But you want to spend time and bandwidth discussing something you claim was irrelevant. That’s even more irrelevant.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:35 pm Starting your statement with “You do it too” sounds like an excuse. It sounds like blame shifting. If you are responsible then stop with the excuses. You seek to control the conversation and it pisses you off when folks don’t go along. This all started because you didn’t like how I responded to Bird. Bird hasn’t weighed in on my comment at all. So you speak for him. If you don’t like my comment. If you don’t feel it’s “cogent”, who cares? I don’t. But you want to spend time and bandwidth discussing something you claim was irrelevant. That’s even more irrelevant.
No, just pointing out that YOU were the one putting words into Bird's mouth, telling him that he had to hate the government.

And of course, you run away from what you did and deflect again.

That's what's funny - when anyone comes to the board, they see that you are the one full of shit.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:32 pm You are correct. But Joe loves being a victim. I WOULD say he likes to play stupid and ignorant, but I don't think he's playing.
Ha I don’t think he’s playing, either.

Both of them are good examples of how easy it is to exploit conservatives for their ignorance. It explains phenomena like the conservative demagoguery imposed on this country for the past several generations.

These people have not grown intellectually since the Reconstruction era. 😒

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:52 pm Ha I don’t think he’s playing, either.

Both of them are good examples of how easy it is to exploit conservatives for their ignorance. It explains phenomena like the conservative demagoguery imposed on this country for the past several generations.

These people have not grown intellectually since the Reconstruction era. 😒
The worst part and most nightmarish of this con you two are talking about is said con has repeatedly expressed little if any interest in or concern about the violent fascist movement afoot within the political party said con pretends not to be part of (I dont care if one is registered or not as one or the other, can you see this person EVER not voting for a con when a Democrat is in the race?)

So we have people like board con who doesnt care about the violent fascism happening and you have Lindsey Graham and Newt Gingrich who for political power are willing to be part of it, something Lindsey's pal McCain would NEVER stand for. They dont even try and say it isnt happening.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:38 pm The worst part and most nightmarish of this con you two are talking about is said con has repeatedly expressed little if any interest in or concern about the violent fascist movement afoot within the political party said con pretends not to be part of (I dont care if one is registered or not as one or the other, can you see this person EVER not voting for a con when a Democrat is in the race?)

So we have people like board con who doesnt care about the violent fascism happening and you have Lindsey Graham and Newt Gingrich who for political power are willing to be part of it, something Lindsey's pal McCain would NEVER stand for. They dont even try and say it isnt happening.
JoeMemphis is concerned about one thing only: attention from GoUnion, and being GoUnion's personal troll.

That's it.

JoeMemphis has something wrong with him.

And you are one million percent right: it's what makes him the ideal conservative, and footsoldier for fascist violence.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:40 pm JoeMemphis is concerned about one thing only: attention from GoUnion, and being GoUnion's personal troll.

That's it.

JoeMemphis has something wrong with him.

And you are one million percent right: it's what makes him the ideal conservative, and footsoldier for fascist violence.
Mostly true, though if I'm not available, he's ran on ProfX too. He really doesn't interact with anyone else on the board.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:16 pm Mostly true, though if I'm not available, he's ran on ProfX too. He really doesn't interact with anyone else on the board.
Never forget one of the first things con said was how rich people and corps more than pay their fair share of taxes. :lol: yikes.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:36 pm No, just pointing out that YOU were the one putting words into Bird's mouth, telling him that he had to hate the government.

And of course, you run away from what you did and deflect again.

That's what's funny - when anyone comes to the board, they see that you are the one full of shit.
Again, the man is perfectly capable of speaking for himself. I don’t believe I put words in his mouth. Certainly not my intention. But again, GoNanny. He can do his own talking. He doesn’t need you.

Here’s an idea. Try speaking for yourself. Unless you don’t have anything to say. anything cogent. :lol: :lol: :lol:
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:16 pm Mostly true, though if I'm not available, he's ran on ProfX too. He really doesn't interact with anyone else on the board.
He has something to prove. What a freak. :?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:33 pm Again, the man is perfectly capable of speaking for himself. I don’t believe I put words in his mouth. Certainly not my intention. But again, GoNanny. He can do his own talking. He doesn’t need you.

Here’s an idea. Try speaking for yourself. Unless you don’t have anything to say. anything cogent. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Certainly you did. You also told him how he must feel about the government. AND OF COURSE it was your intention.

I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy. So now you lash out, trying to make up nicknames like your hero Donald Trump. It's funny and sad to watch at the same time, because it's so damned juvenile. I'm not one to make up nicknames like that, I stopped doing that in the ninth grade.
bird

Post by bird »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:56 pm We were talking about how prices are set. What was said was that business hates competition. That speaks towards monopolies and oligarchy. IOW, putting too much power in the hands of a few. Eliminating choice. That also is a consequence of putting too much power in the hands of the government. Just trading one huge bureaucracy for another.

Actually, elimination of competition is a consequence of deregulated capitalism. Enforcement of anti-trust laws helps maintain competition. Since “the economy” does not and cannot exist outside of society and government, the people who establish government via the constitution get to utilize the government as a tool to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of political economy. As for monopoly, claims of nature monopoly are of necessity bullshit. That being said there exists, imo, certain aspects or situations in political economy where monopoly is a better situation than private sector anti-competition strangulation. The electric grid is an example. The entire society relies on electricity. The establishment and maintenance of the grid are too important for private sector for-profit “cost-cutting” (read: labor reducing, maintenance ignoring). There are too many factors which play into the grid and which are ignored as “externalities”, another non-existent term.
gounion

Post by gounion »

bird wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:48 am Actually, elimination of competition is a consequence of deregulated capitalism. Enforcement of anti-trust laws helps maintain competition. Since “the economy” does not and cannot exist outside of society and government, the people who establish government via the constitution get to utilize the government as a tool to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of political economy. As for monopoly, claims of nature monopoly are of necessity bullshit. That being said there exists, imo, certain aspects or situations in political economy where monopoly is a better situation than private sector anti-competition strangulation. The electric grid is an example. The entire society relies on electricity. The establishment and maintenance of the grid are too important for private sector for-profit “cost-cutting” (read: labor reducing, maintenance ignoring). There are too many factors which play into the grid and which are ignored as “externalities”, another non-existent term.
On electricity, Enron and Texas has showed us how disastrous unregulated capitalism can be. I was living in Texas when they deregulated, and it was a disaster. I got overwhelmed - and my mailbox stuffed - with mountains of crap stating how much I'd save. Of course, instead my electric bill ROSE.

The best way for electric to work is with a regulated monopoly. I'm in a Co-op (and so is Glenn) now which is the nearly-perfect marriage of a non-profit and close government regulation. Of course, here in Tennessee, we're in the enviable situation where we rely on the cheap, clean electricity of the government program the Tennessee Valley Authority. Thank you President Roosevelt.

What the right doesn't understand is that we live in a MIXED economy - parts regulated capitalism, parts socialism. The corporations have destroyed our medical system, and we need to go to a single payer system to make it reliable and affordable for our nation, like it was before the corporations ruined it. But Joe isn't for that, because he profits from the crooked system.

But our economy needs to be regulated. You can't play any game without rules. But that's what the right wants. Of course, you CAN over-regulate, and it's a balance that isn't easy to perfect, but it's better than doing nothing. But again, Joe's for the oligarchs. That's what he wants.