Red, White, and Rod 4th of July Twilight Zone Marathon

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
Number6

Red, White, and Rod 4th of July Twilight Zone Marathon

Post by Number6 »

Cable TV H&I (Heroes & Icons) is having a 4th of July Twilight Zone marathon and they're promoting it as Red, White, and Rod (Sterling). It's good to see many of the classic episodes such as The Monsters are Due on Maple Street, Time Enough at Last, Mr. Dingle,The Strong, Cavender is Coming, To Serve Man, Kick the Can, Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, and many others. I remember watching the The Twilight Zone as a kid when it debut in 1959 and some of the episodes scared the crap out of me.

One thing I like about watching the episodes today is seeing a lot of actors who would later become stars or well-known like Robert Redford, Jack Weston, Carol Burnett, Burgess Meredith, Jack Klugman, William Shatner, Billy Mumy, Jack Warden, and a whole host of others. I like paying attention to the character actors from that era because you often saw them in a lot of other programs and IMO, the provided some of the best acting in television.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Motor City

Re: Red, White, and Rod 4th of July Twilight Zone Marathon

Post by Motor City »

The Midnight Sun was a good one, the earth slips out of its orbit causing extreme weather changes, societal meltdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wrmIp8BCEk