RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

Just a fair warning, the Confederate Heritage Nut Jobs are going to a full blown shit fit over this.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/jeffer ... ter-obama/.

The Jefferson David Elementary School of Jackson Mississippi is about to undergo a name change to honor former President Barack H. Obama.

The decision to rename the Davis 1B Elementary School was announced at a meeting on Tuesday Night. The name change is result of a months long attempt by parents to strip the school of its Confederate past.

The Racist Asshats in their KKK Sheets and Neo-Nazi Brothers will no doubt march in protest against this disecreation of Southen Heritage.

They can go fuck themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have been to Jackson 100's of times and I believe it to be a majority African American community. I am surprised it has taken so long and believe it is the communities right to name or rename any school any name they want. Provided that name is not disrespectful or offensive to others. In this case I don't see how it could be considered anything but, offensive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have been to Jackson 100's of times and I believe it to be a majority African American community. I am surprised it has taken so long and believe it is the communities right to name or rename any school any name they want. Provided that name is not disrespectful or offensive to others. In this case I don't see how it could be considered anything but, offensive.

Naming anything after Obama will be considered quite offensive to the right.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 pm 
Policy Wonk

why would anybody want to keep the racist past alive by reminding the black population that they were once subjugated by a group of states that rebelled against the United States to protect their right to own other people because their skin was a different color?

unless, of course, you don't mind that you are considered racist for supporting that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Naming anything after Obama will be considered quite offensive to the right.

It will be to some. Of course they are exactly the same as those idiots who are offended by things which are named after Ronald Reagan. Both groups dumb asses cut from opposite sides of the exact same cloth.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

It will be to some. Of course they are exactly the same as those idiots who are offended by things which are named after Ronald Reagan. Both groups dumb asses cut from opposite sides of the exact same cloth.

I ain’t a dumbass. Ronald Reagan deserves nothing being named after him. From his belief in team b and their propaganda about the threat of the USSR to his violation of the law regarding Nicaragua to his initial foot dragging on AIDS to his embracing of Saddam Hussein to his helping create al-Qaeda to his embrace of voodoo economics he was a disaster. I don’t give a crap about popularity rankings. He did one good thing which was nuclear disarmament. He deserves praise for that. Oh, and don’t let us forget the S&L debacle which was part and parcel of his deregulation wet dream.

Obama did nothing anywhere near as bad as Reagan.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

How many death threats is he getting from conservative whites, this week. :problem:

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:07 am 
Policy Wonk

Don't worry glen, I'm sure there a deserving outhouse with the Ronnie God's name on it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:32 am 
Board Emeritus

You cannot equate the two. For one thing, Obama endured attacks and racism that Ronald Reagan never endured. Your denial of this speaks volumes about you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:52 pm 
Policy Wonk

This thread is about a school being named for former President Obama, if you want to a thread naming a school after Reagan start one, but you are attempting to derail this thread. Stay on topic.

Last edited by marindem on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 pm 
Policy Wonk

I ain’t a dumbass. Ronald Reagan deserves nothing being named after him. From his belief in team b and their propaganda about the threat of the USSR to his violation of the law regarding Nicaragua to his initial foot dragging on AIDS to his embracing of Saddam Hussein to his helping create al-Qaeda to his embrace of voodoo economics he was a disaster. I don’t give a crap about popularity rankings. He did one good thing which was nuclear disarmament. He deserves praise for that. Oh, and don’t let us forget the S&L debacle which was part and parcel of his deregulation wet dream.

Obama did nothing anywhere near as bad as Reagan.

Just his talking the Iranians into holding up the release of hostages until after he was elected is in itself more than enough reason to never honor Ray-gun for anything. That was an act of treason.