RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

That does sound horrible, which leads me to my next question.

Link/source?

I'm trying to find your story. So far I can't.

I can't find it either, I can find a story which talks about lesbian candidate somewhere in Texas and then switches tracks and districts to elsewhere in Texas to talk about Moser the candidate who the DCCC thought was too liberal to win anything but a primary. Moser is not a lesbian, she's just too liberal for that district, and she just moved there from Washington DC to run for that seat.

I have looked into that. The folks howling foul are saying the DCCC democrats used "opposition research" a pejorative term, against her. I have formed the opinion that the DCCC democrats have simply read her bio on her campaign site and came to the conclusion that she would be tared as being a "carpetbagger" in the general election because she was running as a "carpetbagger," and would surly lose to the Republican there.

Carpetbagging is a big bad deal in the south, it's also a pejorative term. Now the pejorative usage score is equal, 1 to 1.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:40 pm 

I found the same thing Sam. I figure someone confused the very real DCCC attack on Moser with Laura Ortiz Jones. Maybe there was a reference to Jones winning her primary in close proximity to the story about Moser and someone jumbled the names.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

I found the same thing Sam. I figure someone confused the very real DCCC attack on Moser with Laura Ortiz Jones. Maybe there was a reference to Jones winning her primary in close proximity to the story about Moser and someone jumbled the names.

The seeds of that "very real DCCC attack on Moser" appears to have been planted before Moser moved to Texas a few months ago. They were planted by a very real Moser attack on Democratic party congresspersons in Washington whom Moser didn't view as being progressive enough to suit her.

It would appear that for the last several years she had been in Washington DC, where she has been going to their offices to complain. And the thing she's done which is her claim for fame is having organized a web thing which funneled complaint from the Sanders type lobby to their offices. Complaint from outside of their districts for them not being progressive enough to suit them. And she tried to undermine them by recruiting primary candidates to run against them.

They know her, and for cause they have decided they don't like her. The DCCC is not the party, it's a subgroup made up of the Democratic party elected representatives. They transfer their own election funds and support from their own campaigns to new people who are running for the first time.

I see nothing wrong with them picking and choosing the ones they choose to support from the ones they like, and similarly choosing to oppose ones they do not like.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:05 am 
Board Emeritus

This may be the case. I was watching TV before work...probably GMA.

I found this. It indicates that the "establishment" is not supporting the lesbian candidate, but what lengths they have gone to in order to support her rival is not clear here either. Let's keep an eye or ear out for further clarification. It may have been someone interviewed from one of the LGBT groups making the allegation.

Quote:
Jay Hulings and Gina Ortiz Jones have made names for themselves in this district. Hulings is seen as the favorite of the Democratic establishment (he’s been backed by House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer), but Ortiz Jones has the endorsement of Emily’s List and LGBTQ and veterans groups along with strong fundraising numbers. The two candidates will enter into a runoff if neither can garner 50 percent of the vote.

My understanding is Moser was moving back to Texas after moving to D.C. with her husband after he took a job there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Democrat now holds slim lead in district DCCC wrote off.

http://cnn.it/2tDU1ZI

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has so far spent only modestly on the race. “We look at places that have dormant or growing Democratic DNA, and this one has neither,” said Meredith Kelly, a spokeswoman for the committee. “I think people underestimate that this is a tough district.”

This is the district polls show has seen a 23 point shift from Trump's presidential election. What evidence are they even looking at, one wonders.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Democrat now holds slim lead in district DCCC wrote off.

http://cnn.it/2tDU1ZI

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has so far spent only modestly on the race. “We look at places that have dormant or growing Democratic DNA, and this one has neither,” said Meredith Kelly, a spokeswoman for the committee. “I think people underestimate that this is a tough district.”

This is the district polls show has seen a 23 point shift from Trump's presidential election. What evidence are they even looking at, one wonders.

That's the kind of district where the less help the national leadership gives a candidate the better.

Trump and national Republicans are killing Saccone. The more Trump and crew campaigned for Saccone the higher Lamb's polling numbers rose.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 am 
Board Emeritus

That's the kind of district where the less help the national leadership gives a candidate the better.

Trump and national Republicans are killing Saccone. The more Trump and crew campaigned for Saccone the higher Lamb's polling numbers rose.

Even if that were true (I don't believe he would be harmed by DCCC money, volunteers, and yard signs), it would not make the DCCC's analysis of the district from just a couple weeks ago, accurate. This leadership will never know the things it needs to know to win elections. I used to think they were just wedded to bad strategy. Now I think they are incompetent. Not sure which one is worse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6