Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Saud ... um=twitter

Jared was just there, then all this shit goes down. Donnie looking for a war to save his ass.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is some crazy shit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump‏ tweets 1 hour ago

"I have great confidence in King Salman and the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, they know exactly what they are doing........Some of those they are harshly treating have been “milking” their country for years!"

It might mean King Salman has decided to twitter away like Trump. Trump did this a few weeks ago. He basically confronted North Korea in this way.

Or it might mean there is going to be a war. :|

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:53 pm 
Political Junkie

Looks like an attempt at cleaning up the House of Saud to be in the works...

https://apnews.com/544a8af9fecf44a691cbace1098b5a51

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Party of the devil.

Fruitcakes, flakes and whackjobs all.

Including Sir Donald of Orange.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:13 am 
Political Junkie

[snip]
But while bin Salman may be forward-thinking when it comes to domestic policy, his approach to the Middle East has been exceptionally aggressive. He sees Iran and its growing influence across the region as a near existential threat, and has tried to use basically every tool at his disposal to expand Saudi Arabia’s influence at Iran’s expense.

His aggressive approach is popular with the White House, where President Trump has been openly shifting US policy and rhetoric to align more closely with Saudi Arabia and more strongly against Iran. Ties are also warming on the personal level: In late October, MBS met with senior Trump aide Jared Kushner in one of many meetings between the two men.

[snip]
Just this weekend, Rafik Hariri, the Saudi-backed prime minister of Lebanon, resigned, allegedly at Saudi Arabia’s direction. The idea appears to be to create a challenge for Iran — its proxy militia Hezbollah is part of the governing coalition, and will have to manage the fallout. That Hariri’s resignation happened around the same time as the arrests in Saudi, experts say, is not a coincidence.

“Consolidation ... does solidify the more hawkish camp on foreign policy that is willing to take risks to confront Iran — not just in Yemen but perhaps in Lebanon and elsewhere,” Kahl says. “Saudi may be encouraging a conflict in Lebanon that will bleed the Iranians and their proxies as the Saudis have been bled in Yemen.”

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/11/6/166 ... bin-salman

The mini Middle East cold war is heating up.... proxy wars and all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 am 
Board Emeritus

The 15 centuries of tribal and/or religious sectarian hostility, murder, and mayhem continues pretty much unabated. Big surprise.

Imagine what Israel would be in for if all their pacifist neighbors who only want peace could only get along with each other.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:15 am 
Board Emeritus

The 15 centuries of tribal and/or religious sectarian hostility, murder, and mayhem continues pretty much unabated. Big surprise.

Imagine what Israel would be in for if all their pacifist neighbors who only want peace could only get along with each other.

I have no use for the Middle East. Thanks be to the West for creating a bunch of synthetic nations based on the Grand Game.

Western civilization. As Ghandi said would be a good idea.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 am 
Board Emeritus

I have no use for the Middle East. Thanks be to the West for creating a bunch of synthetic nations based on the Grand Game.

Western civilization. As Ghandi said would be a good idea.

They put Jesus on a cross
They put a hole in J.F.K
They put Hitler in the driver's seat
And looked the other way
Now they've got poison in the water
And the whole world in a trance
But just because we're hypnotized
That don't mean we can't dance
Wr got the funky
The funky western civilization
You just
Drag your partner through the dirt
Leave him in a world of hurt

-Tonio K.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:52 am 
Political Junkie

Trump‏ tweets 1 hour ago

"I have great confidence in King Salman and the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, they know exactly what they are doing........Some of those they are harshly treating have been “milking” their country for years!"

It might mean King Salman has decided to twitter away like Trump. Trump did this a few weeks ago. He basically confronted North Korea in this way.

Or it might mean there is going to be a war. :|
Man...it reminds me a lot of Jimmy Carter and the Shah of Iran.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Man...it reminds me a lot of Jimmy Carter and the Shah of Iran.

There are parallels, rights for women for instance, but it remains to be seen if King Salman will make the same mistake the Shah made. The Shah's mistake was making peace when it had been war which had been keeping his detractors occupied.

The Omani Civil War which Iran had been involved with ended in March of 1976. By the end of 1977 the protests had begun, a year later the end had come.

Around the same time Jimmy Carter was working his Camp David accord with the other warring states in the area. :|

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Looks like an attempt at cleaning up the House of Saud to be in the works...

https://apnews.com/544a8af9fecf44a691cbace1098b5a51

Yes, someone's settling all the family's business.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:45 pm 
Political Junkie

There are parallels, rights for women for instance, but it remains to be seen if King Salman will make the same mistake the Shah made. The Shah's mistake was making peace when it had been war which had been keeping his detractors occupied.

The Omani Civil War which Iran had been involved with ended in March of 1976. By the end of 1977 the protests had begun, a year later the end had come.

Around the same time Jimmy Carter was working his Camp David accord with the other warring states in the area. :|
The parallel I was thinking of was Carter's support for an oppressive dictator and the Carter doctrine that he would support him at any cost....though I must say, the Islamic regime that replaced the Shah turned out to be much worse than the Shah. Carter could have, should have, supported democratic forces in Iran. But admittedly, it is difficult to know whether it would have made any difference. Certainly we know now, the world would be a better place if the Ayatollah hadn't taken power. (as an aside, I don't think the Camp David accords is relevant to the Islamic regime's takeover.)

Frankly, I don't see Saudi moving in a positive direction at this point. I like the anti corruption, and I'd like to see women gain freedom there, but unfortunately, its all too fragile at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:18 pm 
Political Junkie

Wonderful...

Saudi Arabia advised its nationals not to travel to Lebanon and for those already there to leave as soon as possible, state-run Saudi Press Agency reported on Thursday, after the Lebanese prime minister’s surprise resignation from the Saudi capital fueled fears about his country’s stability.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... pa-reports

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

The parallel I was thinking of was Carter's support for an oppressive dictator and the Carter doctrine that he would support him at any cost....though I must say, the Islamic regime that replaced the Shah turned out to be much worse than the Shah. Carter could have, should have, supported democratic forces in Iran. But admittedly, it is difficult to know whether it would have made any difference. Certainly we know now, the world would be a better place if the Ayatollah hadn't taken power. (as an aside, I don't think the Camp David accords is relevant to the Islamic regime's takeover.)

Frankly, I don't see Saudi moving in a positive direction at this point. I like the anti corruption, and I'd like to see women gain freedom there, but unfortunately, its all too fragile at this point.

At the time it happened I knew some Iranians who were training with our Air force here in the US. When it came to their feelings about their government they tended to contrast their current government with what they thought the feasible alternative was. When that was discussed the phrase "5th century" would surface.

:|

I think the faction which is being disappeared is more likely to have been the go along with it types if they knew about the 9/11/2001 plot than the ruling faction who are disappearing them. I wouldn't go so far as to carry my suspicions to the point where I would recommend any action be taken against these persons, but this is a situation where that action appears to already be being taken.

Such a thought can be used to moderate ones own anguish over what is going on somewhat. I'm otherwise powerless to change what is going on.

:|

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:19 am 
Political Junkie

I think the faction which is being disappeared is more likely to have been the go along with it types if they knew about the 9/11/2001 plot than the ruling faction who are disappearing them. I wouldn't go so far as to carry my suspicions to the point where I would recommend any action be taken against these persons, but this is a situation where that action appears to already be being taken.

Such a thought can be used to moderate ones own anguish over what is going on somewhat. I'm otherwise powerless to change what is going on. :|
As someone who actively demonstrated against the Shah, I feel I owe a big apology to the Iranian people and everyone else the imperialist, adventurist, bigoted, Islamist regime has impacted.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 am 
Board Emeritus

I wonder, of course, if maybe the U.S. hadn't so actively supported the Shah (and also done that Mossadegh stuff in the 50s), whether he would have been succeeded by a democratic regime rather than the Islamic revolution and the ayatollahs.

I suppose we will never know. It's one of many great what-if questions in history.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:50 am 
Political Junkie

sounds like the start of a chant..."from Ike to Jimmy"....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:13 pm 
Political Junkie

I wonder, of course, if maybe the U.S. hadn't so actively supported the Shah (and also done that Mossadegh stuff in the 50s), whether he would have been succeeded by a democratic regime rather than the Islamic revolution and the ayatollahs.

I suppose we will never know. It's one of many great what-if questions in history.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.......

Looks like we are upping the stakes via yet another proxy war. Saudi style. Evil Persians.

i can't help but wonder what "our Guy" should plan on doing with the Saudi version of the Ayatollahs......The Wahhabi's. That could be a problem, eh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:26 pm 
Political Junkie

Here's the problem. The "Persians" (your word, meaning the Islamist regime controlling Iran) are 'evil' (your word). But I'm right in line with you on your comment re "I can't help wonder...."

And therein lies the problem.

And, I believe, there are (almost) always unintended consequences.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here's the problem. The "Persians" (your word, meaning the Islamist regime controlling Iran) are 'evil' (your word). But I'm right in line with you on your comment re "I can't help wonder...."

And therein lies the problem.

And, I believe, there are (almost) always unintended consequences.

I do not perceive Persia to be nearly as big a problem as Saudi Arabia.

I am not happy with what has become of Iran (since long before I was born). However, the bigger menace in the Middle East appears to be Saudi Arabia, with their Wahhabism and what not.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Party of the devil.

Fruitcakes, flakes and whackjobs all.

Including Sir Donald of Orange.

I didn't know Trump was a Muslim.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

I should have been more specific.

One Islamic group calls another the party of the devil. They along with the religionists in this country are fruitcakes, flakes and whackjobs.

As for der ubergroppenfuhrer he is a fruitcake, flake and whackjob in his own right. Along with being a conman and a serial fraudster.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, that's Obama. He's also born in Kenya, and he's been to Mars.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Did someone mention MARS?

:)

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com