RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

A woman is reporting that when Moore was in his 30's, and she was 14, Moore took her to his home in the woods, removed her shirt and pants, fondled her, removed his trousers and guided her hand to the front of his underwear.

Limbaugh is already saying that it's fishy that this woman would wait to report this until Moore was a candidate for major office.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yep, it's a conservative male.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:01 pm 
Policy Wonk

From the Washngton Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... c9784116fd.

I like how one Alabama Republican put it, "If he had one hand on a breast and the another one on the bible, he needs to confess his sins and step down."

Moore, being the good RePug that he is ran to.....Breitbart to deny the Post Story.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/roy-mo ... age-girls/.

And Breitbart is being shredded for calling the advances that Moore made to underage girls, "Romantic"

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/intern ... -romantic/

Most amazing....if a Woman accuses Bill Clinton of picking his feet in Pokipsy he would be guilty....but when a RePug pervs on 14-Year Old Girls he is innocent....oh those Republican Family Values....

Last edited by marindem on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

From the Washngton Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... c9784116fd.

I like how one Alabama Republican put it, "If he had one hand on a breast and another on the bible, he needs to confess his sins and step down."

Moore, being the good RePug that he is ran to.....Breitbart to deny the Post Story.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/roy-mo ... age-girls/.

And Breitbart is being shredded for calling the advances that Moore made to underage girls, "Romantic"

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/intern ... -romantic/

Most amazing....if a Woman accuses Bill Clinton of picking his feet in Pokipsy he would be guilty....but when a RePug pervs on 14-Year Old Girls he is innocent....oh those Republican Family Values....

The biggest red flag would be what you posted about Breitbart. If true it seems they are making excuses as opposed to denials.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

These are allegations. But they seem not only strong, but Roy Moore is that type of zealot whose zealotry is often a cover for being one sick individual, so it IS believable.

Brietbart starts with an accusation that the WaPo is owned by a lefty, the WaPo endorsed the opponent, and they threw in George Soros because they are simply grasping for straws.

Now, by their own logic, everything that Brietbart writes is immediately suspect of being untrue because they themselves are a group with an agenda.

It's Brietbart that pushed the whole "Hillary Clinton and a Pizza Place were selling child slaves" thing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 pm 
Policy Wonk

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell call on Moore to step down if the accusations turn out to be true.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... ons-244747.

But Republicans might be stuck with that perv regardless.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... dal-244753.

IF this were a Dem, the howls for resignation would be Long, Loud and Continous.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

I will be surprised if Moore steps down. He's a zealot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

On Roy Moore, AL state Auditor Jim Ziegler defends Moore and says:

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

First, anyone defending Moore with statements like the above is a vile piece of shit. Second, Ziegler is a Christian but apparently doesn't know his Bible. He's not only deplorable pond scum, he's a complete dumbass to boot. Mary was a virgin. And there's no place in the Bible that states Mary was a teenager.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

On Roy Moore, AL state Auditor Jim Ziegler defends Moore and says:

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

First, anyone defending Moore with statements like the above is a vile piece of shit. Second, Ziegler is a Christian but apparently doesn't know his Bible. He's not only deplorable pond scum, he's a complete dumbass to boot. Mary was a virgin. And there's no place in the Bible that states Mary was a teenager.

Christians have a history of what might be termed "child brides". Truth is, Marriage after 18 is a modern concept, really starting in the 20th Century. Before that, a girl was married as soon as she was old enough to get pregnant.

There are religious people that think we need to return to that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Via Politico:

GOP leaders desperately want Roy Moore off the ballot. But they have neither the legal nor the political leverage to force the defiant ex-judge out of the race.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and a host of other Republican senators called on Moore to drop out of the race Thursday if there were truth to the accounts of four women who told The Washington Post that Moore pursued relationships with them while they were teens and he was in his 30s. The news sent Republican operatives scrambling to parse the dusty sections of Alabama state law that deal with replacing candidates on the ballot.

But some absentee ballots have already been sent to voters, which appears to make it impossible to install someone in place of Moore on the Republican Party line.

The election is on Dec. 12.

Apart from the legal considerations, Moore owes no loyalty to Republican leaders in Washington, who backed another candidate in the primary and spent millions of super PAC dollars to defeat him while Moore won the nomination on an anti-McConnell platform. Moore’s campaign lashed out as condemnation rained upon him Thursday, calling the story a “baseless political attack.”

If Moore were to win, the Republicans will embrace Moore just as they've embraced Trump. At this point, if Karl Marx rose from the dead and called himself a Republican and touted tax cuts, they'd embrace him completely.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

I hope they can't force him out. That way they have to carry him through the election. Our guy might win, wouldn't that be something.

It they do manage to force him out they could appoint someone else to take his spot and even if that were to happen only a week before the election our guy would go over night from almost having enough support showing in the polls to win, to being minus 15 or 20 percent.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

I hope they can't force him out. That way they have to carry him through the election. Our guy might win, wouldn't that be something.

It they do manage to force him out they could appoint someone else to take his spot and even if that were to happen only a week before the election our guy would go over night from almost having enough support showing in the polls to win, to being minus 15 or 20 percent.

He cannot be replaced on the ballot now. The absentee ballots have already been mailed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:48 pm 
Policy Wonk

If the Evil Satan himself said he was a Republican, he would get votes.

On the other hand if Jesus came to earth and said he supported a Woman's Right To Choose, he would be slammed on Fox.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Christians have a history of what might be termed "child brides". Truth is, Marriage after 18 is a modern concept, really starting in the 20th Century. Before that, a girl was married as soon as she was old enough to get pregnant.

There are religious people that think we need to return to that.

You are 100%correct, it is where the term marrying age came from. As for Moore every story I have seen so far along with every attempt to defend him give every appearance that the story is 100% true.

If Moore stays on the ballot and wins it will be an embarrassment to not only the GOP but, to our entire country.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

If the Evil Satan himself said he was a Republican, he would get votes.

On the other hand if Jesus came to earth and said he supported a Woman's Right To Choose, he would be slammed on Fox.

That is so true. If Satan was running against Jesus about 30% would vote for the Dem while the other 30% for the Republican. Regardless which party they represented,

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:14 am 
Board Emeritus

You are 100%correct, it is where the term marrying age came from. As for Moore every story I have seen so far along with every attempt to defend him give every appearance that the story is 100% true.

If Moore stays on the ballot and wins it will be an embarrassment to not only the GOP but, to our entire country.

Nope. This is a GOP embarrassment ONLY. This is what your party has become, and it doesn't matter, you will vote for them anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:41 am 
Board Emeritus

The WaPo story is astounding. glen, you should read the whole thing. Mother who corroborate their daughter's story, who says the refused to allow their daughter to date Moore.

And what does the right-wing media do? They once again lower their moral standards. of , Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity come to Moore's defense, that, even if true, it's no big deal. Those were the times.

But that flies in the face of the candidate - who flatly denies it all and calls everyone involved liars. ALL the women, ALL their mothers, EVERYONE.

This shows how bereft the Republican Party is of simple human decency. Of any morals at all. First Donald Trump, and now this. Power is all that matters.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:34 am 
Board Emeritus

The WaPo story is astounding. glen, you should read the whole thing. Mother who corroborate their daughter's story, who says the refused to allow their daughter to date Moore.

And what does the right-wing media do? They once again lower their moral standards. of , Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity come to Moore's defense, that, even if true, it's no big deal. Those were the times.

But that flies in the face of the candidate - who flatly denies it all and calls everyone involved liars. ALL the women, ALL their mothers, EVERYONE.

This shows how bereft the Republican Party is of simple human decency. Of any morals at all. First Donald Trump, and now this. Power is all that matters.

White conservative culture is based on predation and human rights abuse. That stupid fascist Roy Moore is exactly the one to bring Ann Coulter her wish: that women shouldn't be able to vote.

cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:50 am 
Board Emeritus

Conservative white males around here also tried to argue that Dennis Hastert is "a homosexual" and not a predator of children because 15 isn't really a child anymore.

It's plain as day to me who the predators are including Hastert, those guys on this board, and these allegations against that stupid fascist Roy Moore.

These totalitarian bathroom-bill males purport to be everyone's moral superiors, on top of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Conservative white males around here also tried to argue that Dennis Hastert is "a homosexual" and not a predator of children because 15 isn't really a child anymore.

It's plain as day to me who the predators are including Hastert, those guys on this board, and these allegations against that stupid fascist Roy Moore.

These totalitarian bathroom-bill males purport to be everyone's moral superiors, on top of it.

I only recall one person doing that and he has since been banned. As for the bathroom bill[s]. I am for allowing trans use whatever bathroom they want starting in 2025. Only because of most of the women from my mothers generation would be afraid to enter a bathroom if they saw a trans person in there. By 2025 her generation will be pretty much gone and those who came later grew up in a time of better enlightenment and need to get over and deal with it.

I see it as a "Sophie's Choice" where one group is going to get discriminated against. At this time my sentiments fall with the little old ladies born prior to and during WWII. Those born after should know better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:08 am 
Board Emeritus

Moore will stay in and he will win. The Republicans will be stuck with him. At best they can censure him until and unless criminal charges are filed and he goes to trial.

As regards Mary and Joseph, according to Bart Ehrman (iirc) the word that what was written into the vulgate was "virgin". The word that was originally written in Isaiah meant "young girl". Define "young girl" especially in light of social constructs approximately 2800 years ago. Furthermore the entire verse in Isaiah must be read in context.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:11 am 
Board Emeritus

I only recall one person doing that and he has since been banned. As for the bathroom bill[s]. I am for allowing trans use whatever bathroom they want starting in 2025. Only because of most of the women from my mothers generation would be afraid to enter a bathroom if they saw a trans person in there. By 2025 her generation will be pretty much gone and those who came later grew up in a time of better enlightenment and need to get over and deal with it.

I see it as a "Sophie's Choice" where one group is going to get discriminated against. At this time my sentiments fall with the little old ladies born prior to and during WWII. Those born after should know better.

So, by your logic we should keep whites only bathrooms because there are old ladies that remember Jim Crow and don't want to share a bathroom with black people.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:16 am 
Board Emeritus

So, by your logic we should keep whites only bathrooms because there are old ladies that remember Jim Crow and don't want to share a bathroom with black people.

Bullshit and you know it. Their is nothing even remotely common about the two issues. Nobody is preventing trans-people from using the mens or ladies room. Those people born prior or during WWII have rights too and they are also to old to be taught different and I choose to respect my elders.

Last edited by glenfs on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:18 am 
Board Emeritus

Bullshit and you know it.

Look again at what you said. Same logic. All conservative arguments are retreads - White conservatives come first, everyone else needs to take a back seat. White Grandma's feelings are more important than someone else's Constitutional rights.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:23 am 
Board Emeritus

Look again at what you said. Same logic. All conservative arguments are retreads - White conservatives come first, everyone else needs to take a back seat. White Grandma's feelings are more important than someone else's Constitutional rights.

So in other words you are saying to the generation my mom is from go fuck yourself if you are afraid to enter a bathroom where there is a man dressed as a women just shit your fucking pants because their rights are more important than yours.

As opposed to telling the trans-person just go use the mens room. While we sort this thing out.