RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Compare and contrast.

Republicans were all over Weinstein. Republicans accused the Clinton's of knowing about Weinstein and covering up for Weinstein.

Now, they are circling the wagons around Moore.

It is not the act of sexual/abuse assault, it is the person or persons accused of the sexual abuse/assault.

As for Cosby, I'm sure glen never once thought that race played a role....

But glen is more than willing sexual abuse/sexual assault by a Republican.

But glen also thought Weiner should have been locked at the first hint.

Is Bill Cosby a Republican.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Republicans are defending, protecting, and still promoting Roy Moore.

How come you're doing that? Is maintaining white male rule THAT important to them, that they'll protect a child molester so a Dem won't get in office?

Does this sound at all familiar to you, who would rather vote for a Russian than a Dem?

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bill Cosby became a hero of the right when he started talking down to blacks. You guys love black people that will put down or sell out other blacks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Conservative whites threw their support behind the Roy Moores of the previous generation because a little girl walked through the door of some stupid whites-only school.

They supported politicians who threw protesting young women in jail, they supported vigilantes who murdered little girls in their church because the adult members were intent on exercising the right to vote.

So no one should be surprised that in 2017 they now throw their support behind a religious totalitarian accused of sexually molesting a girl. Yet all lives matter, they tell us. They have the superior morals, they tell us. :roll:

For starters, this is how conservative whites treat and regard each other, let alone everyone else. For two, Roy Moore's challenger put away the conservative whites who murdered those little girls in their church. I will be glad when Doug gets to say about Roy what Danica Roem said about Bathroom Bills Bob: "I don’t attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now."

:lol: well played, Ms. Roem. Conservative white males are deathly afraid of us girls. We make them very nervous. :)

cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:56 am 

glen, you are defending the actions of a predator. I mean, wholly shit when Bill Clinton received a Blow Job from a White House and she did not even swallow. You RePugs went positively bat crap crazy over that.

Never mind the fact that Newtie divorced his wife while she was in the hospital with Cancer, never mind that. Never mind that Newtie told a female staffer that he only wanted oral sex because it was not really sex.

Never mind that 45 said, "Grab them by the Pussy". Never mind that 45 would walk into the the dresssing room of Beauty Pagent Contestants as young as 14. But heavens to Betsy, Bill Clinton got a bow job and you people go ballistic.

Moore's conduct was inexcusable. He was 32-Years Old, the young woman was 14-Years Old.

You talk about your Mom. What about you daughter if a Man did to her what Moore did when she was 14.

You are a hypocrtical Con. You forgive immoral behavior when the person engaging in the immoral behavior is a Republican.

You know goddamn well if a Democrat had done this you would howling. You would be creating thread after thread after thread about how wrong, how immoral the Democrat was. But if it is a Republican your all about not judging....

How can you defend a predator glen? Oh, you support a predator...you defend a predator already.

The total lack of morals within the Republican Party is once again truly disgusting.

What should bother people as much as the possibility of the dirtbag doing this, is the later interviews with Alabama voters who said that even if this is proven to be true, they would still vote for Roy Moore because they would rather vote for a pedophile than a democrat! Which means these are some seriously SICK MF'ers!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:42 am 
Board Emeritus

So in other words you are saying to the generation my mom is from go fuck yourself if you are afraid to enter a bathroom where there is a man dressed as a women just shit your fucking pants because their rights are more important than yours.

As opposed to telling the trans-person just go use the mens room. While we sort this thing out.
My friend will be 82 in January and has no problem with trans women in the bathroom with her. My mother will be 79 in February and feels the same.

My grandmother was 90 when she passed. I have a pretty good idea she would've been fine too.

Moore also would love to see the USA become a theocracy. Ruled by biblical law instead of constitutional law.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:16 am 
Board Emeritus

Let's remember something about Moore - he believes in the Old Testament. The new one, not so much. And especially in the Old Testament, girls are married off as soon as they are able to bear children, as early as twelve. So, guys like him don't see perving on pubescent girls as being a problem. Remember, he believes the Bible take precedent over secular law.

Of course, I don't see how they can be against plural marriage, because that's just fine in the Bible. But they read the parts they want to read. I'm not sure it's possible to actually read the whole Bible and believe it. I know that's what changed my mind, actually reading it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Moore is just another schmuck who wants to tell people how to live and who doesn't follow his own rules. The right is full to overflowing with them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:11 am 
Board Emeritus

My friend will be 82 in January and has no problem with trans women in the bathroom with her. My mother will be 79 in February and feels the same.

What some folks do not wish to acknowledge is that there are out trans and queer folks who are even older than that.

Seriously, not as though this is anything new. Everyone has been sharing public spaces with all sorts of interesting people since time immemorial. The rest is just the usual tactic of some folks looking to make way too much hay about nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 pm 
Policy Wonk

Two GOP Senators have dropped their support for the pervert Moore.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/go ... mg00000009.

Both Senator Steve Dains (R-Mont.) and Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah) have dropped Moore like a hot potato.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

What some folks do not wish to acknowledge is that there are out trans and queer folks who are even older than that.

Seriously, not as though this is anything new. Everyone has been sharing public spaces with all sorts of interesting people since time immemorial. The rest is just the usual tactic of some folks looking to make way too much hay about nothing.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Looking forward to reading this one

Black On Both Sides: https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-divisio ... both-sides

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:39 pm 
Policy Wonk

Dirtbags are not restricted to the Republican Party but I agree with Glen that if such a man
got elected anyway, it would be a disgrace. Republican voters like they did with Trump will
hold their noses and vote for anyone with an R behind his name.

Interesting how little is known about his opponent. Is there anyway his opponent can be
elected in such a deep red state like Alabama?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Republicans are defending, protecting, and still promoting Roy Moore.

How come you're doing that? Is maintaining white male rule THAT important to them, that they'll protect a child molester so a Dem won't get in office?

Does this sound at all familiar to you, who would rather vote for a Russian than a Dem?

I have never defended Moore in fact my first post on this subject said the accusations appeared true.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

My grandmother was 90 when she passed. I have a pretty good idea she would've been fine too.

Moore also would love to see the USA become a theocracy. Ruled by biblical law instead of constitutional law.

People of that generation overwhelmingly watch Fox News, The Weather Channel and vote GOP. While there are some exceptions to that they are few and far between. Those who compare this ban to what Blacks had to endure are fool's. Nobody is preventing Trans from using the bathroom. Just for now use the one your plumbing says you should use.

Again in the not to distant future we will all be on the same page.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have never defended Moore in fact my first post on this subject said the accusations appeared true.

Are you proud of what Republicans are doing to attack the women who made the accusations?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

People of that generation overwhelmingly watch Fox News, The Weather Channel and vote GOP. While there are some exceptions to that they are few and far between. Those who compare this ban to what Blacks had to endure are fool's. Nobody is preventing Trans from using the bathroom. Just for now use the one your plumbing says you should use.

What do you think might happen to the person that was on the cover of Playboy if they went to a men's bathroom?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:00 pm 
Policy Wonk

Again, you have to prove what you say. I'm of that generation and I'm a Democrat who never watches Fox news, unless it's a clip on some website other than Fox's. When I was younger, most people were Democrats, and I seriously doubt most of them switched affiliation. My best friend in high school was a Goldwater Republican, when I last talked to him, he said he was now a very moderate Republican.

I realize that personal anecdotes don't prove shit, but you don't even have anecdotes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Your party is rooting for Moore. What are you doing to ensure he never makes it to the Senate?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nobody is preventing Trans from using the bathroom.

GOP bathroom bills do.

And so does your mentality that says someone has to wait seven years to do so, while bathroom bill conservatives (typically whites) giving Roy Moore a free pass, to get your act together.

I often wear clothes from the men's section. You're never going to force me or any of my trans friends into using the restroom you want us to, glen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Carmen is correct on both counts.

We are dealing with a subset of Americans that values only wealth and accumulation of STUFF.

We are also dealing with Alabama. One will notice that Moore's poll numbers did not shift AT ALL, in either direction, after the WaPo revelation was widely publicized everywhere. Still a dead heat. Nothing changed. It's just not that big a deal with the demographic we are unfortunate enough to be confronted with here.

But if YOU do it, why it's lucky you don't burn at the stake.

I wonder if every country is as hypocritical as this one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

+++++++++++++++++++++

Looking forward to reading this one

Black On Both Sides: https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-divisio ... both-sides

So fascinating peoples stories about how they came to live the lives that they live.

Of course, you know that I'm a heterosexual who grew up in the gay community. For those who do not understand the implications of such a childhood, it means that some of my best friends were and still are out trans and queer.

On top of that, there is also this interestingly non-heterosexual component to my personality: I can be intensely drawn to transgender and queer females. The attraction is not so much sexual, as it is psychological.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

I didn't know that. Thanks. My parents' circle of artists and performers in L.A. obviously included plenty of LGBTQ, and it just wasn't that big a deal. I was surprised when the other kids seemed to consider such things downright un-American. They obviously got it from their own parents. Put it on the list of early political lessons.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

In Romeo and Juliet, Juliet is supposed to be 14. That's not Old Testament times, that's during the era of Shakespeare, in the 1600s.

But, the point is, even those few centuries ago, people living to Shakespeare's 3x20+10 or 70 years old was unusual and many people died in their 40s. Back in that day, the age of marriage consent could be 14.

The bottom line is, modern standards are that the age of consent for marriage (or sex) is 16. (Many states don't allow marriage before 18.) People live longer. Though there is some evidence puberty may be arriving a bit earlier.

It should be noted that shortly before sexually assaulting this 14 year old girl, Moore said he was "taking care of her" while her mother was in a custody hearing. I have a feeling this is not what the mother had in mind.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

So fascinating peoples stories about how they came to live the lives that they live.

Of course, you know that I'm a heterosexual who grew up in the gay community. For those who do not understand the implications of such a childhood, it means that some of my best friends were and still are out trans and queer.

On top of that, there is also this interestingly non-heterosexual component to my personality: I can be intensely drawn to transgender and queer females. The attraction is not so much sexual, as it is psychological.

Wow. My experience was soooo different. I was raised in middle America, so whitebread and redneck it isn't funny. Never met a black person until my aunt married a black man when I was eight. First experience with gays was working in a hotel at 17, when it seemed I was the only straight kid there. It was great, they were very cool, and realized I wasn't gay, and never made me feel uncomfortable, and it was the beginning of my realization I'd been lied to my whole life about damned near everything.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Wow. My experience was soooo different. I was raised in middle America, so whitebread and redneck it isn't funny. Never met a black person until my aunt married a black man when I was eight. First experience with gays was working in a hotel at 17, when it seemed I was the only straight kid there. It was great, they were very cool, and realized I wasn't gay, and never made me feel uncomfortable, and it was the beginning of my realization I'd been lied to my whole life about damned near everything.

Among my earliest memories (kindergarten), my best friend at school was Black.

This was only a few years after MLK Jr. was assassinated, and my friend was the youngest of his siblings. When I went to visit him at his home, his siblings gave me so much shit, it ain't even funny. But somehow I already understood (perhaps because of other shit I'd already seen and experienced) that what those older siblings were saying to me was legit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next