RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Among my earliest memories (kindergarten), my best friend at school was Black.

This was only a few years after MLK Jr. was assassinated, and my friend was the youngest of his siblings. When I went to visit him at his home, his siblings gave me so much shit, it ain't even funny. But somehow I already understood (perhaps because of other shit I'd already seen and experienced) that what those older siblings were saying to me was legit.

Once I hit seventh grade, schools were integrated, and I made a number of black friends. I loved to play basketball, so had lots of interaction. Great memories.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Roy Moore was 38 when he married his 24-year-old secretary.

Now, let's be clear: glen hates Clinton for having an affair with an intern. Does he have a problem with Moore having an affair with his secretary?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:57 pm 
Policy Wonk

Roy Moore was 38 when he married his 24-year-old secretary.

Now, let's be clear: glen hates Clinton for having an affair with an intern. Does he have a problem with Moore having an affair with his secretary?

Moore is a good moral....cancel that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Once I hit seventh grade, schools were integrated, and I made a number of black friends. I loved to play basketball, so had lots of interaction. Great memories.

Yep, know all about that integration thing.

I'm one of the very few white boys to be sent in the other direction, white kids bused into the ghettos of Los Angeles.

9th grade, though still middle school at that time, we were obviously young adults. Got to see first-hand what real world-class athletic talent looks like. Also got to see, once again, up close and personal, what it means to be Black in America.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

I can actually say that the first intergrated school I attended was Balboa H.S. in San Francisco. You basic somewhat inner city school. Hispanic, Pacific Islander, Asian, Black.

One of guys I was school with was the brother of men killed at the Marin County Courtroom Killings. Another was a Black Panter and one was as a Brown Beret.

They were my very good friends. Two of them later died in Nam and one became a cop in L.A.

Skin color don't mean shit, its the person.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

Moore is a good moral....cancel that.

Indeed, cancel that.

One of Moore's more reprehensible donors is a White Supremacist by the name of William Johnson.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/ ... ign/218519

Yes glen, please keep defending Moore and his White Supremacist buddies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Indeed, cancel that.

One of Moore's more reprehensible donors is a White Supremacist by the name of William Johnson.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/ ... ign/218519

Yes glen, please keep defending Moore and his White Supremacist buddies.

You are once again and usual lying. Please show anywhere that I defended Moore. I would ask you for a mea culpa but we both as well as all here know a sniveling lying punk like you never admits they are wrong or that they made something up. Which you just did by claiming I defended Moore. What a worthless pos you are. Little wonder you lie so often.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Now we learn from an Assistant DA who served alongside when Roy Moore was also an Assistant DA confirms that Moore used to date high school students.
Quote:
According to a series of tweets from CNN senior national correspondent Alexander Marquardt, a Florida attorney who served as a deputy district attorney alongside Roy Moore has come forward to allege inappropriate behavior from the Republican senate nominee.

“It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird,” former Deputy DA Theresa Jones reportedly told CNN. “We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall.”

“I was a deputy DA in Gadsden with Roy Moore. I have no doubt these stories have validity,” Teresa D. Jones of Sarasota posted. “Roy was known to eschew dating his own age and preferred teenagers.”

“I challenge all of my colleagues in the Bar and on the bench at that time to come forward to support that Roy Moore should not be elected to represent the place of my birth and my home for many years,” Jones concluded.
Raw Story

This new information doesn't confirm the women's allegations but it does testify to the behavior Moore engaged in back in the 70. And the information isn't coming from a woman but a man who worked alongside of Moore and knew him well during the time period of the allegations.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Now we learn from an Assistant DA who served alongside when Roy Moore was also an Assistant DA confirms that Moore used to date high school students.

This new information doesn't confirm the women's allegations but it does testify to the behavior Moore engaged in back in the 70. And the information isn't coming from a woman but a man who worked alongside of Moore and knew him well during the time period of the allegations.

All of Moore s denials sound untrue. He denies then in the same breath says why wait 40 years to come forward. He denies then in the same breath says I don't believe I ever dated a girl without asking her parents permission. Who in their 20 s even 50 years ago has to ask Mary Ann s dad for permission to take her out.

The longer Moore denies and talks the guiltier he sounds.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

All of Moore s denials sound untrue. He denies then in the same breath says why wait 40 years to come forward. He denies then in the same breath says I don't believe I ever dated a girl without asking her parents permission. Who in their 20 s even 50 years ago has to ask Mary Ann s dad for permission to take her out.

The longer Moore denies and talks the guiltier he sounds.

Yeah, he double-speaks by claiming he didn't do something but he did something with parental permission.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

They just continue the Trump tactics. NEVER admit guilt, NEVER apologize, and say it's fake news.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:25 pm 
Policy Wonk

One of Moore's former co-workers now says that Moore had a history of dating Teenage Girls.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/everyo ... ool-girls/.

Florida Attorney and former Alabama Deputy D.A. Theresa Jones has told CNN that, "It was common knowledge that Roy (Moore) dated High School Girl, everybody we knew thought it was weird."

Jones was a Deputy D.A. in Gadsen with Moore. But he is Republican and so what the fuck what if he abused a 14-Year Old Girl. Being a Republican that is allowed. And no....Democrats cannot date or abuse 14-Yshowsear Old Girls, only Republicans.

Moore's past dating history shows a distinct preference for dating Teenage Girls.

Last edited by marindem on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

One of Moore's former co-workers now says that Moore had a history of dating Teenage Girls.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/everyo ... ool-girls/.

Florida Attorney and former Alabama Deputy D.A. Theresa Jones has told CNN that, "It was common knowledge that Roy (Moore) dated High School Girl, everybody we knew thought it was weird."

Jones was a Deputy D.A. in Gadsen with Moore.

Moore's past dating history shows a distinct preference for dating Teenage Girls.

But he is Republican and so the fuck what if he abused a 14-Year Old Girl. Being a Republican that is allowed. And no....Democrats cannot date or abuse 14-Year Old Girls, only Republicans.

Moore s is a perv I am expecting at some point we will learn of young girls more recent. Also I won't be surprised if we don't learn of a private pay off or two.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yet he got standing ovations at a Veterans Day event. This is your Republican Party today.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:51 pm 
Policy Wonk

This is what your party has become glen. This is who you party is more than willing to support glen.

His conduct is morally reprehensible and there still a very good chance he will be elected.

I agree with you glen. There are more than likely more Women out there with the same story and there are probably Women who have been paid off. It is up to the Republicans to deal with him.

It remains to be seen if they will.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is what your party has become glen. This is who you party is more than willing to support glen.

His conduct is morally reprehensible and there still a very good chance he will be elected.

I agree with you glen. There are more than likely more Women out there with the same story and there are probably Women who have been paid off. It is up to the Republicans to deal with him.

It remains to be seen if they will.

They will not. They have no morals, we have seen that over and over and over.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:53 pm 
Policy Wonk

And that is the fact of the matter. They have sold their soul for the sake of power. Republicans have no moral authority. Mainly because they have no morals.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

We've seen the morals the republicans have and they're not the moral most Americans would embrace. The thing the republicans have been successful at is projection their faults on others and convincing religious conservatives and most conservatives, in general, their party owns American moral authority. We've seen constantly where republicans get caught with their pants down and their party circles the wagons around the offender and defends him. Democrats, on the other hand, immediately denounces the offender.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

One will notice that Moore's poll numbers did not shift AT ALL, in either direction, after the WaPo revelation was widely publicized everywhere. Still a dead heat. Nothing changed. It's just not that big a deal with the demographic we are unfortunate enough to be confronted with here.

I respectfully disagree.

I only know about their being one poll which was conducted after the new came out about Moore. It came out today:

Opinion-Savvy/DDHQ #ALSen Poll: Roy Moore 46.4%, Doug Jones 46%

https://decisiondeskhq.com/news/opinion ... -jones-46/
Quote:
With the special election just weeks away, Republican Roy Moore and Democrat Doug Jones are essentially tied in the latest Opinion-Savvy poll of likely Alabama voters. In the previous survey, Moore lead Jones by 5.7%.

Beyond the horse race between the two declared candidates, voters were also asked about the allegations that broke in the Washington Post yesterday, and if Moore should withdraw from the race over them. An overwhelming share of those surveyed- 82.2%- were aware of the allegations. A majority of voters- 54%- do not think Moore should withdraw at this time. Among Republicans, that percentage soars to 72.9%.

We also asked voters if, given the option, they would vote for Moore, Jones, or write in current Republican Senator Luther Strange. With this added option, Moore trails Jones narrowly, 41.3% to 43.6%, with Strange getting 12.3% as a write-in. Republican voters prefer Moore in this scenario, but splinter: 63% back the Republican candidate, 15.7% back Jones, and 17.7% opt to write in Strange.

The poll was conducted on November 9th of 515 likely voters via landline and mobile.

Let me begin with Opinion Savvy is a poor pollster, with 0.7% liberal lean, and a poor average error of about 7%. But that was when they were polling for Insider Advantage. The problem with their polling very will might be the outfit which was paying the bills. Now that they are partnered with Decision Desk perhaps they will do better.

With regard to should Moore withdraw from the race, I would have told the pollster no he should not withdraw because I want our Democrat to be able to win. :)

I also want Republicans to push a write in candidate. :D

538's average was Moore ahead by 6%. And RealClearPolitics's average which does not yet include the new poll, Moore is also leading by 6 points.

So I see a possibility of a 6 point shift in the polls, and I'm awaiting results from some better pollsters. I consider the pollsters who have polled that race previously to be just as poor a lot as Opinion Savvy. I think the flagships most likely have pools in the field now that this news has generated this amount of interest.

Five Thirty Eight has something to say:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/9- ... nate-race/
Quote:
Where did the race stand before the Post story?
The five most recent public pollsters to survey the race — all before Thursday’s allegations — found, on average, Moore ahead of his Democratic opponent, Doug Jones, 48 percent to 42 percent. That sounds like a pretty decent lead until you realize that President Trump won Alabama by 28 points in 2016.

------

It’s possible that Moore has already lost the Alabama voters who would have been most likely to abandon him in light of the Post story. That said, the Fox News poll found that 42 percent of Moore’s supporters had reservations about him, so either they’ve made their peace voting for a candidate they see as flawed or they already have one foot out the door and the Post story could send them the rest of the way.

(The fox poll referred to is dated Tuesday, October 17, 2017)

Along with being some what optimistic I do realize that people being people, this might not hurt Moore at all. It might even help consolidate the support he has. Funny thing about the way people react when they feel their champion is being attacked, they become even more illogical about things. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:57 am 
Board Emeritus

Ridiculous conservatives are smashing their Keurig machines, a lot like they burned their NFL season tickets.

Only in America. :problem:

People Are Smashing Their Keurig Coffee Makers And Posting The Evidence In Protest - Buzzfeed

See this article for their absurd, indignant tweets. :problem:

Quote:
On Sunday, people on Twitter were upset about the advertisers pulling out, and focused specifically on one of those companies—Keurig, which had announced Saturday it would no longer run ads on Hannity's show.

Such violent people.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:46 am 
Board Emeritus

Ridiculous conservatives are smashing their Keurig machines, a lot like they burned their NFL season tickets.

Only in America. :problem:

People Are Smashing Their Keurig Coffee Makers And Posting The Evidence In Protest - Buzzfeed

See this article for their absurd, indignant tweets. :problem:

Such violent people.

Let them. Here's hoping they have to go out and spend more of their money because they are idiots.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 am 
Board Emeritus

Let them. Here's hoping they have to go out and spend more of their money because they are idiots.

Lol or we could remind them that not using Keurig is better for the environment, and thank them for doing their part for not contributing to climate change.

:p

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am 
Policy Wonk

I've only used Keurig two or three times. My Dentist in Mill Valley has one and I kinda liked it. Gail and I won a guided tour of Oakland Museum of the West the Hotel we stayed had one as well.

Those machines, as I understand it are not cheap. If these idiots want to throw their money away, that's on them.

Now the ass hats have to go out and buy a new coffee. I'm sure Keurig crying into their Golden Pecan cups right now.

I'm sure Mr. Coffee is crying right now at the thought of these people having buy a coffee maker....hopefully they will the good sense to at least purchase the gold mesh filter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:18 am 
Board Emeritus

Lol or we could remind them that not using Keurig is better for the environment, and thank them for doing their part for not contributing to climate change.

Quite fitting really: damned if they do and damned if they don't.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

And add to make sure you take the smashed Keurig to your local recycling center.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next