RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:42 am 
Board Emeritus

Bit of a conspiracy theory here. But I'm starting to wonder if there's a strategy at play, now that we're seeing so many high profile sexual predators/offenders finally being exposed - perhaps a lead in to something even more massive? I don't know. From one week to the next a celebrity or politician is getting unmasked for sexual misconduct.

Weinstein
Spacey
George H. Bush
Jeremy Piven
Mark Halperin
Roy Moore
Steven Seagal
Louis CK
Bill O'Reilly

Off the top of my head. I know there's a few more. And I'd bet there's many more to come.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:49 am 
Board Emeritus

What I think is really going on is that when powerful people are exposed for their sex crimes, other victims who had been afraid to come forward get the inspiration to do so.

It's kind of like Anita Hill. Plenty of sexual harassment had been going on, but after she was in the public eye, lots of other women started talking about their experiences as well.

What is really weird about the Louis CK case is that he was apparently just about to release a film with a Lolita like/Woody Allen like subject of a young girl having a (supposedly consensual) affair with an older man. The title of it is rather creepy for the Trump era "I Love You, Daddy" but apparently the plot involves his 17 year old daughter entering into a (again, supposedly consensual) affair with John Malkovich, whose filmmaker character is 68. In the film, he's trying to put an end to this relationship.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm biased, having seen how people Make It In The Movies, but I suspect it's one of those snowball type things where it gets bigger as it rolls downhill. More people, of both genders, come forward for their various reasons.

Yeah, the CK (last two letters in "--CK") thing is weird, but not out of his character. One sick critter, that one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

You forgot to add Bill Clinton to your list. Louis CK s letter admitting guilt is an exact explanation of what happened between Bill Clinton and Monica.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

You forgot to add Bill Clinton to your list. Louis CK s letter admitting guilt is an exact explanation of what happened between Bill Clinton and Monica.

You are dishonest, if only to yourself. Monica was a willing participant. Didn't make it right, but it IS different.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:29 pm 
Policy Wonk

What's the common denominator among sexual harassers? Too often, it's money

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, I didn't forget to add Bill Clinton.

1. Bill Clinton had consensual sex with Monica Lewinsky.
2. This list is referring to what's been happening very recently. I didn't put Bill Cosby on this list for that reason.
4. If Bill Clinton gets accused of something else in this current and coming storm I'll put him on it.
5. You're a dumbass.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

You are dishonest, if only to yourself. Monica was a willing participant. Didn't make it right, but it IS different.

Read Louis CK s letter, so were his victims.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, I didn't forget to add Bill Clinton.

1. Bill Clinton had consensual sex with Monica Lewinsky.
2. This list is referring to what's been happening very recently. I didn't put Bill Cosby on this list for that reason.
4. If Bill Clinton gets accused of something else in this current and coming storm I'll put him on it.
5. You're a dumbass.

Did you read Louis CK s letter. Because if you did and don't see the parallels you are a bigger idiot than most liberals.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Did you read Louis CK s letter. Because if you did and don't see the parallels you are a bigger idiot than most liberals.

I already explained the thread to you. I'm not going to do so again, dummy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Read Louis CK s letter, so were his victims.

Wrong. Here's the difference between you and I: I also read the accusations. The women were NOT willing participants. They were sickened by it. Big difference.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:25 am 
Board Emeritus

George Takei was just named. F'd up.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:59 am 
Board Emeritus

George Takei was just named. F'd up.

That is. I just saw it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:02 am 
Board Emeritus

Richard Dreyfuss as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Richard Dreyfuss as well.

Well, that one is obvious.

Others are somewhat more difficult to fathom, such as George Takei.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Presumably he would have come on to his own gender, but I need more evidence he did it. Right now, I think it's a distraction psyop from the Republican war room to get Moore out of the headlines. They'd love to silence Takei, who is a major voice in the Resistance.

I will change that assumption if something real comes up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Speaking of Dreyfuss (the doofus), figure Steven Spielberg will also be targeted by the Russian bots and traitorous Republicans in America.

Fortunately, as best I can discern, Steven is not the sort to actually carry out such thoughts as might sometimes exist in his head.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Takei is denying everything on Twitter.

The allegation dates from 1981. He is claiming he has no memory of the accuser, let alone a sexual assault.

P.S. I am in no way saying he's not guilty because he's a prominent liberal and Trump critic. At this point, I just don't know.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

At some point, I imagine, it will turn into mass insanity in This Town, sort of a blend of calculated political disinfo, headline grabbing, and sheer delusion. I would imagine that just about everyone will ultimately be denounced before the Inquisition, but that's in the future. At this stage, the guilty outnumber the innocent.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Looks like Al Franken is on the list

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-t ... l-franken/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Looks like Al Franken is on the list

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-t ... l-franken/

I am not even close to being a fan of Franken politically, and this still makes me sad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Flush them all out.

Al Fraken, Roy Moore.

And let's not forget -Donald Trump currently has 14-15 accusers including a woman who was 12 when Trump raped her, according to her claim.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Flush them all out.

Al Fraken, Roy Moore.

And let's not forget -Donald Trump currently has 14-15 accusers including a woman who was 12 when Trump raped her, according to her claim.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not to make it right, but Franken is all over the media going Mea Culpa.

Meanwhile, Moore's people are planting fake letters, throwing money around, and denying everything.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't know whether it's "his people" or not, but somebody is calling people in Alabama, identifying themselves as "Bernie Bernstein" (with a nice thick New York Jewish accent, playing on obvious stereotypes), saying he's from the Washington Post, and that he will pay women to come forward and accuse Moore "whether or not they're telling the truth". About which he apparently doesn't care.

Nice little dirty trick, with an obvious "Jewish media going after our Christian virtuous champion!" element to it.