Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sly?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4ycUokz9f

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

At some point, I imagine, it will turn into mass insanity in This Town, sort of a blend of calculated political disinfo, headline grabbing, and sheer delusion. I would imagine that just about everyone will ultimately be denounced before the Inquisition, but that's in the future. At this stage, the guilty outnumber the innocent.

Zowie, here is my opinion of what is happening in tinsel town. Please correct me if I am off center. IMO the powerful in show business especially men have been getting away with everything we have been hearing about and more basically forever. Their victims being powerless have had to endure knowing if they spoke out or fought back not only would their careers be over but, possibly others who are close to them.

Now fast forward to now, finally they can strike back, the victims now have the power and it is them who can finally take down their tormentors and are doing exactly that. Before it is done I put the over/under on number of men accused at 75 possibly more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:20 pm 
Policy Wonk

The list, as I've seen it, runs the gamut from extreme rudeness to rape, but currently, the list makes it seem as if all the "predators" were equal in their offenses. Not really fair. Weinstein /= Dustin Hoffman, e.g.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/sylves ... ce-report/
Sylvester Stallone pressured teen into threesome and threatened to ‘beat her head in’: police report

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

The list, as I've seen it, runs the gamut from extreme rudeness to rape, but currently, the list makes it seem as if all the "predators" were equal in their offenses. Not really fair. Weinstein /= Dustin Hoffman, e.g.

There's usually a difference between the actors and the moguls.

The actors may have done some bad stuff, but only the moguls like Weinstein have the infamous casting couch. They had more power over other peoples' careers - and abused it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:00 am 
Board Emeritus

And here we have the pussy grabber n' chief, who says nothing on Roy Moore, and who has 14+ accusers of his own. Who brags about assaulting women, on camera. But he just couldn't keep his mouth shut on Twitter.