It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Proud of our Veterans
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:06 am 
Board Emeritus

Happy Veterans Day 2017.

Let's honor them by ensuring their health care AFTER they step down from serving. I've stood on the steps of a Veteran's Hospital when GW Bush was trying to shut them all down. And let's be clear - by a wide margin, Vets don't want the VA hospitals shut down. They don't want to be thrown into the general medical system.

Let's honor them by supporting the VA, not by cutting services to them, like the Republicans are trying to do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Congratulations on politicizing Veterans Day. What a tool.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

How, exactly, is saying we must protect our veterans politicizing Veteran's Day? I mean, saying we need to ensure women have good health care on Mother's Day is politicizing it?

That's the problem with the right - they wave the flag for vets, then they try to cut off their health care.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

The way we treat our veterans is a national disgrace. The only reason it never improves is because Republicans tend to consider them disposable. They consider just about everyone except themselves that way. They threaten to draw and quarter anyone that doesn't "support the troops." Then they don't support the veterans. Fuck that, and fuck the new pseudo-conservative core of the Republican Party. The hell with the whole lot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm 
Policy Wonk

Vet set himself on fire after long VA waits, appointment cancellation, investigation finds

Quote:
A veteran committed suicide by setting himself on fire in front of a New Jersey VA clinic after staff at the clinic repeatedly failed to ensure he received adequate mental health care, an investigation of the death found.

Department of Veterans Affairs staff canceled an appointment Charles Ingram had in fall 2015 because a provider was unavailable, didn’t follow up to reschedule, and when he walked into the clinic to ask for an appointment, they didn’t schedule it until three months later, the VA inspector general found.

Ingram, a 51-year-old Gulf War veteran, had been approved to receive treatment at a non-VA facility, but no one at VA contacted Ingram or scheduled the appointment.

In March 2016, shortly before his VA appointment, Ingram went to the clinic in Northfield, N.J., doused himself in gasoline and lit himself on fire. The clinic was closed at the time.

“(S)taff failed to follow up on no-shows, clinic cancellations, termination of services, and Non-VA Care Coordination consults as required,” the inspector general wrote in a report released Wednesday. “This led to a lack of ordered (mental health) therapy and necessary medications… and may have contributed to his distress.”............

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's the height of irony listening to you accuse anybody of politicizing anything. You would politicize a pleasant little wet dream.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

here's the thing....there is mostly no care within the VA and there Is No care in the civilian world.
so, basically, there is no med care, no med system. nada, zip.

there are NO doctors in the VA, theres barely any Drs in the civilian sector either. got tons and tons
of 'nurse practioners, NPs' who are young dumb inexperienced scared and not allowed to do Any Thing
but take notes and refer you on to the next 'personnel' who basically repeat the same process and
then send you off to someone else.

i had stepped into the VA system due to lack of Any Drs in both rural CO and not so rural NM.
any Drs i once saw are retired..leaving the med world full of NPs and No Drs.
i keep asking...if so many are coming out of meds schools as "Drs" so deeply in debt where are they?

ive been two years dealing with VA trying to get a scapula nerve shot. im now back using Tricare
and have backed away from any dealings with the VA. now...Tricare has to approve my getting
this shot.
they Never had to do that before, and IF they did it was done Immediately. I Never Waited
on this kind of acute treatment.

the insurance corps who took over ACA stripped most normal doctor patient health care.

now, its just money laundering while using patient names to move the money.
no one i talk to is getting any med care, civ or mil.
IF you have a Dr in your location id say stay there. you wont find one when you relocate.
and if they retire....good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

You can get care in L.A., but you have to pay through the nose for it. It can easily be your biggest expense. They don't take most insurance. The system got too cumbersome.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:10 pm 
Policy Wonk

How, exactly, is saying we must protect our veterans politicizing Veteran's Day? I mean, saying we need to ensure women have good health care on Mother's Day is politicizing it?

That's the problem with the right - they wave the flag for vets, then they try to cut off their health care.

The problem with the right is that they will wave flags, sing the anthem and shout partiotic slogans as we go off to fight in their wars, and fuck us when we get back.

I read your post GoU, and as usual glen is being a troll.

Last edited by marindem on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

It's the height of irony listening to you accuse anybody of politicizing anything. You would politicize a pleasant little wet dream.

glen would fuck up a wet dream, if he knew how to have one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:13 pm 
Policy Wonk

Republicans love vets, but elect Draft Dodgers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Republicans love vets, but elect Draft Dodgers.

I didn't know Bill Clinton was a Republican.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

You can get care in L.A., but you have to pay through the nose for it. It can easily be your biggest expense. They don't take most insurance. The system got too cumbersome.

ohhhh.....theres a Lot of Drs now that "take cash only". ALL walks of Drs now taking CASH ONLY.

iow they refuse to deal with the INS corps.

if cash only further indicates only rich people get care then...whoo hoo democracy.
bannon must be happy. of course he can fly out of this country go anywhere and get
the med care slash pain meds he'd want. no probs.
hell he doesnt even have to clear the same gates you do at the airport; special private gates
for the richer fuckers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have thought it over and need to take that back. Draft dodger Bill Clinton was elected because of Republicans who voted for him. So I guess you are correct.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh look, Glen is obsessed with Bill Clinton again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh look Drak is obsessed with me again.

The entire subject of draft dodging gets very little traction and that it does get is mostly manufactured. The reason for this is because anyone who grew up in the Vietnam era knows that virtually every person who could with very few exceptions did all they could to avoid the draft.

Now people who came up in the next generation and generations after that not only have no first hand knowledge of all the draft avoiding. They also grew up in the era of Stallone and Norris winning the war on screens. Prior to those movies most Vietnam Vets I knew talked about the weed, the beer, the liquor and the prostitutes in Nam. Afterwards they all seemed to become tunnel rats and gung ho soldiers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh look Drak is obsessed with me again.

The entire subject of draft dodging gets very little traction and that it does get is mostly manufactured. The reason for this is because anyone who grew up in the Vietnam era knows that virtually every person who could with very few exceptions did all they could to avoid the draft.

Now people who came up in the next generation and generations after that not only have no first hand knowledge of all the draft avoiding. They also grew up in the era of Stallone and Norris winning the war on screens. Prior to those movies most Vietnam Vets I knew talked about the weed, the beer, the liquor and the prostitutes in Nam. Afterwards they all seemed to become tunnel rats and gung ho soldiers.

You have a ridiculous Bill Clinton Obsession. You talk about Bill Clinton and HRC all the time. Hey here's a thought. Why don't you write him a letter? Maybe he'll send you an autographed picture. You can slap it on the dash board of your truck.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

You have a ridiculous Bill Clinton Obsession. You talk about Bill Clinton and HRC all the time. Hey here's a thought. Why don't you write him a letter? Maybe he'll send you an autographed picture. You can slap it on the dash board of your truck.

Hey I get where you are coming from and if I were a Democrat I too would cringe everytime his name came up and I too would be trying to forget him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey I get where you are coming from and if I were a Democrat I too would cringe everytime his name came up and I too would be trying to forget him.

Here, I'll help get your started:

"Dear Bill..."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:58 pm 
Policy Wonk

glen obsesses over Bill Clinton and defends 45.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:28 pm 
Policy Wonk

glen obsesses over Bill Clinton and defends 45.

Not to mention, he should cringe when Ronald Reagan's name comes up, but instead, he glorifies him while saying that Obama isn't as skillful as Clinton...uh, Obama was elected twice, in a very racist country. Not sure how much more skillful a human can be.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think glen's been having wet dreams about Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton, again. I have no doubt he fucked those wet dream up as well. :rw)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Snopes - false.

OH look, you're a lyin' sack of shit.

Trump is a sociopathic grifter who never saw a vendor he couldn't chisel out of 40% of the contract price. And you motherfuckers have a problem with the Clinton Foundation. :roll:

Last edited by Ike Bana on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

How we treat veterans...

How we treat teachers...oh, I forgot. Teachers are leaches that get gravy train pensions for only working 9 months out of the year.

You know what? We should treat civil servants well. But we don’t. We treat them like shit. Like balancing state budgets on their backs so some governor can suck Chuckie and Davey Koch or Grover Norquist off for campaign contributions.

A radical revision of the value of government by the asshat baby boomers and equal asshat millennials is required.

Ain’t gonna happen as long as Republicans want to destroy government and half the country blindly goes along.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Snopes - false.

OH look, you're a lyin' sack of shit.

Trump is a sociopathic grifter who never saw a vendor he couldn't chisel out of 40% of the contract price. And you motherfuckers have a problem with the Clinton Foundation. :roll:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... etter.html

Are they claiming this letter is false? Also I was referencing that Bill Clinton was a draft dodger the same way so many others were. Including you I believe. I personally don't blame him, you or any other person for doing whatever it took to legally dodge the draft. I know my brother, brother in law and all their friends were scrambling to keep from getting drafted.

The issue of the draft and Johnny Marching Off To War serving proudly is something of a history rewrite when it comes to Vietnam. While I am sure some were, the majority were there because they were Black or Poor or Just couldn't Find A Way to Avoid Getting Drafted.