Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/ ... spartanntp

Some male model which nobody has ever heard of has come out and accused George Takei of sexually harassing him 40 years ago. Takei denies it and I believe Takei. He [Takei] has conducted his life in a manner where he deserves every benefit of the doubt. George Takei is an American Hero when it comes to Gays receiving the civil and equal rights they are due.

Of all the recent rash of claims this one is second only to the lady who claims 93 year old HW Bush sexually harassed her from his wheelchair. In that case if the old man did put his hand on her ass you simply push it away and then inform those looking after him to keep a close eye on the old dude.

But, in this day and age everyone is looking for their 15 minutes, no matter who they hurt while achieving it. The saddest thing is this guy along with the women who made the claims against Bush are doing harm to the cause. All the legit claims coming to the light of truth will go a long way in helping end harassment. But if idiots keep coming forward with idiotic claims it will set back the advances that have been made recently.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Brietbart and Drudge both repeat the smear, and neither mentions Takai's denials.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Brietbart and Drudge both repeat the smear, and neither mentions Takai's denials.

I expect Drudge will eventually Breitbart I doubt will. What pisses me off is we both know we are about to see a rash of RW fake Preachers declaring war on the Homosexual Community. Ive heard Takei on Stern dozens of times. He is very open and honest about his sexual past and holds nothing back. These accusations against him have me truly pissed. From now until his name is forgotten these accusations will always be mentioned. The guy who made them is a real creep and the day karma catches up to him I will applaud.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

I expect Drudge will eventually Breitbart I doubt will. What pisses me off is we both know we are about to see a rash of RW fake Preachers declaring war on the Homosexual Community. Ive heard Takei on Stern dozens of times. He is very open and honest about his sexual past and holds nothing back. These accusations against him have me truly pissed. From now until his name is forgotten these accusations will always be mentioned. The guy who made them is a real creep and the day karma catches up to him I will applaud.

Drudge won't. You can take that to the bank.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:28 am 
Board Emeritus

Way to go there is no mention of the Takai deal on Drudge pro or con. You lied

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Way to go there is no mention of the Takai deal on Drudge pro or con. You lied

Nope. He had the Hollywood Reporter link up yesterday. It's just like Drudge - don't admit you fucked up, just remove everything and pretend it didn't happen.

He sure won't print Takai's response, now, will he?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:35 am 
Board Emeritus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/george-takei-denies-1981-sexual-assault-claim/ar-BBEQJWp?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Some male model which nobody has ever heard of has come out and accused George Takei of sexually harassing him 40 years ago. Takei denies it and I believe Takei. He [Takei] has conducted his life in a manner where he deserves every benefit of the doubt. George Takei is an American Hero when it comes to Gays receiving the civil and equal rights they are due.

Of all the recent rash of claims this one is second only to the lady who claims 93 year old HW Bush sexually harassed her from his wheelchair. In that case if the old man did put his hand on her ass you simply push it away and then inform those looking after him to keep a close eye on the old dude.

But, in this day and age everyone is looking for their 15 minutes, no matter who they hurt while achieving it. The saddest thing is this guy along with the women who made the claims against Bush are doing harm to the cause. All the legit claims coming to the light of truth will go a long way in helping end harassment. But if idiots keep coming forward with idiotic claims it will set back the advances that have been made recently.

What sets back advances are the policies and platforms of YOUR party.

That's what the policies and platforms of YOUR party are designed to do, set things backwards to WW2 or 100 years ago or whatever. It's your party - what will you do to stop this behavior?

As for Mr. Takei, he has gotten himself in trouble with these comments.

George Takei Very Recently Described Groping Men Who Are 'Afraid' - Jezebel

He goes back and forth in this banter as to whether these incidents were consensual or not and concludes that they were. (They also took place, he said, in his home and not at work.) And also the model was 23 and GT was 40. May/December but not pedo. Either way, this is not a good look for George.

glenfs wrote:
I expect Drudge will eventually Breitbart I doubt will. What pisses me off is we both know we are about to see a rash of RW fake Preachers declaring war on the Homosexual Community.

About to?

When did they ever stop?

Conservatives still have not learned the lesson of last week: The Homosexual Community is not afraid of your preachers and your socially-perverted policians and general-issue bigots. We're not afraid of vigilante backlash or conservative threats of violence. We're not even afraid of your murderers of trans people, especially our trans women of color.

The Community is moving forward, not backward. Don't do the movement a disservice by hanging 70 years of activism on the behavior of one person. It's a form of tokenism.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

When I'm feeling like my hatred for all things Trump and Republican is on the wane I try to put some Limbaugh on the radio in the car...as I did today on my way home from my husbandly errand run.

And the fat-ass hophead is talking about...George Takei. I was sorta hoping for that...but he outdid himself this afternoon and confirmed why the entire right of this country are, uh...assholes. He's relating what he read in the news on the complainant's report of the events of that evening. That Takei spiked his drink (they were, after all, having drinks together in Takei's home), and he woke up with his pants around his ankles with George on top of him.

So the fat-ass comments (I have no copy of this so I am paraphrasing what follows in quotations...but rest assured, it's close):

"Well...this doesn't sound so out of the ordinary, now does it? I mean, isn't this pretty much the way it goes. Oh well I suppose I don't really know enough about it to comment...I don't have the slightest idea of how it actually works in that environment."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Y'know...its been a few times in my life, granted years back, that a young, adorable hippie chick and yours truly, would have had a few beers, or smoked a couple of bowls full, or both...or dropped some acid...or all three, and headed back to one or the other's place for a more intensive interpersonal experience of intimate relationship building. And in the course of those activities, one of us (which typically would have been her), but possibly even both of us might have decided, for whatever reason, that proceeding was probably not a good idea (having left the rubbers in my other pants comes to mind). And I'm sure there were at least a couple of times that the interaction at the point of cessation would have reached a level of intensity that, if it were not consensual, could have been legitimately categorized as a sexual assault. Yes means yes, go means go, stop means stop, no means no.

This immediate time in history has me suddenly feeling exceptionally fortunate that 35 years later (OK...OK in my case it's 45 years later), a former explorer of the frontiers of physical attraction while under the influence of liquor or psychedelics or both, hasn't decided that I had acted poorly which caused hurt feelings of one sort or another, and come forward to let the world know what a disgusting pig I was.