Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

...he just couldn't remember.

Tonight on CNN John Dean reminded Sessions that Robert Haldeman was convicted of perjury, conspiracy, and obstruction of justice, and sentenced to 18 months in federal prison for not recalling.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 pm 
Policy Wonk

If Sessions stopped lying he may be mistaken for being mute.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

He was lying no more than HRC was when as first lady she couldn't recall over 200 times when testifying before Congress.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

He was lying no more than HRC was when as first lady she couldn't recall over 200 times when testifying before Congress.

How many times, glen? I think you are lying. Please give links to back up the "200 times" accusation.

Sen. Jeffries destroys Sessions:

Jeffries started by establishing that Sessions claimed he “didn’t recall” the answer to various questions dozens of times during his appearances before Congress as attorney general. Jeffries then summarized Sessions’ comments to Fox Business host Lou Dobbs on October 4, 2016 in which he blasted Hillary Clinton for the exact same behavior, suggesting that it could be criminal.

Jeffries was limited to five minutes, so he didn’t have time to read Sessions’ full quote from his October 2016 appearance with Dobbs ahead of the vice presidential debate, but here it is.

SESSIONS: Lou, that’s the way you lie. That’s the way people do it in court. I’ve seen it many, many times. Well, I don’t remember, but if. And she said 35 times before the FBI interview that she couldn’t remember? If you can remember and you don’t — if you say — and you say, I can’t remember, then that’s as false a perjurious statement as if you flat-out gave a false statement.

“Mr. Attorney General, do you still believe that the intentional failure to remember can and constitute a criminal act?” Jeffries asked.

“If it’s an act to deceive, yes,” Sessions acknowledged.

Sessions’ defense for his inaccurate statements during his confirmation hearing was that his answers were not an attempt to deceive. Rather, Sessions said his testimony reflected his best recollection of the events at the time and that, as soon as he become aware of new facts, he corrected the record.

But Jeffries noted that on February 23, 1999, during the Senate impeachment trial of Bill Clinton, Sessions told a story about a “young police officer” who said something inaccurate during a deposition in a federal lawsuit but then later corrected his statement. Sessions said it was “my decision whether the officer would be prosecuted for his perjury.”

Sessions said he “concluded that a sworn police officer who had told a plain lie under oath, even a young officer, should be prosecuted in order to preserve the rule of law and the integrity of the system.” In explaining his vote to convict Clinton and remove him from office, Sessions said “I cannot hold a young police officer to a different and higher standard than the President of the United States.”

glen shows his hypocrisy. He hates liars, unless they are Republicans, then he defends and deflects for them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

How many times, glen? I think you are lying. Please give links to back up the "200 times" accusation.

You expect glenda the Troll, I mean glen, to really give you an answer? All he's doing is trolling by lobbing hand grenades to derail this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

You expect glenda the Troll, I mean glen, to really give you an answer? All he's doing is trolling by lobbing hand grenades to derail this thread.

I expect him to run away. He's that gutless. Of COURSE he's lying.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Clinton has been investigated. There's nothing there. Its a Hannity/Trump distraction designed specifically for fools like you. The only thing I don't understand is how you can drink this much kool-aid and still be alive.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen doesn't know how to think for himself. He's got his orders. Pathetic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 am 
Political Junkie

lol...Got a bad case of the "whataboutism" there, Glenn?

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Here's the original. Whataboutism starts around 5 mn. mark. ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... ZAPwfrtAFY

Some will love the trolling part.

Last edited by bradman on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:36 am 
Board Emeritus

Gou and the rest of you know exactly what I am talking about and is just once again acting stupid when he isn't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 am 
Board Emeritus

Glen doesn't know how to think for himself. He's got his orders. Pathetic.

What is pathetic is that you lefties truly believe that what you said is true of any person with an opinion that is different or contrary to yours. All the while you folks are engaging in group think and group speak. But, that is to be expected from a group who longs for one party rule.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:42 am 
Board Emeritus

Why post a link that none of you will look at other than to see if you can somehow trash the site where I might have found it. Which is the left wing way. Silence any voice of opposition by any means necessary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:15 am 
Board Emeritus

Gou and the rest of you know exactly what I am talking about and is just once again acting stupid when he isn't.

You bet I know exactly what you're talking about, and it has not a fucking thing to do with the actual application of justice.

Sessions has been lying his ass off since the inauguration. If there's any justice in the department of justice, Sessions will be thrown in the same cell where Haldeman cooled his heels for 18 months, for perjury and obstruction of justice. Poor recall should, and will get your racist ass locked up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:37 am 
Board Emeritus

He’s lying about not lying.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:57 am 
Board Emeritus

What is pathetic is that you lefties truly believe that what you said is true of any person with an opinion that is different or contrary to yours. All the while you folks are engaging in group think and group speak. But, that is to be expected from a group who longs for one party rule.

One party rule? What the fuck are you going on about?

No, what's pathetic is you receiving marching orders and carrying them out. This thread isn't about Hillary Clinton lying about a blowjob. This isn't even in the same fucking ballpark you dope. You're either a patriot or you side with the most corrupt administration in American history. Wake the fuck up. This shouldn't be a partisan issue.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

We just want you to answer the question put to you. You have a habit of running away from questions but expect everyone else to answer your questions. It's called hypocrisy glen and if you look up the word in the dictionary you'll see your picture next to the word.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Why post a link that none of you will look at other than to see if you can somehow trash the site where I might have found it. Which is the left wing way. Silence any voice of opposition by any means necessary.

We do look at the links which is why we can usually debunk what you claim because you don't read and/or comprehend what your link is saying.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Funny, all this time I thought it was the Republicans who tended to favor one-party rule, and finally got it, and still can't do anything except accelerate the already steep decline of the US.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

We do look at the links which is why we can usually debunk what you claim because you don't read and/or comprehend what your link is saying.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... andal.html

Here is one link 250 times she didn't recall.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/27/us/hi ... cords.html

On this link she could not account for billing records.

In looking for the links that none of you will look at other than to trash the source which are about something we all already know to be true about HRC claiming she couldn't recall 250 times. [ I have no idea why I am playing this game with you] I ran across an article that reminded me of the time HRS and Chelsea made that heroic landing under sniper fire which didn't exist. But, I am sure you don't recall that either.

Bottom line is this was Sessions lying IMO hell yes he was lying. Was HRC lying Hell Yes she was lying. To believe one then defend the other would make the person doing so a hypocrite.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

This thread isn't about Hillary fucking Clinton. it's about the AG committing perjury countless times. Go start a HRC thread if you want to start up whataboutisms and false equivalencies. You constantly attempt to derail threads with the Clintons and it's annoying as fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

This thread isn't about Hillary fucking Clinton. it's about the AG committing perjury countless times. Go start a HRC thread if you want to start up whataboutisms and false equivalencies. You constantly attempt to derail threads with the Clintons and it's annoying as fuck.

In other words you were losing the argument so you have to do a cut back. How a person can claim Sessions was lying and HRC not lying is just being partisan. They were both lying and yes Sessions should not be AG. Because the AG represents all of us. If the people of Alabama want him as Senator that is their right. The same way it is the right of the people of VT to elect Sen Sanders.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

In other words you were losing the argument so you have to do a cut back. How a person can claim Sessions was lying and HRC not lying is just being partisan. They were both lying and yes Sessions should not be AG. Because the AG represents all of us. If the people of Alabama want him as Senator that is their right. The same way it is the right of the people of VT to elect Sen Sanders.

No, this thread is not about HRC. It's about Jeff Sessions. You constantly try to derail threads.

And Jeff Sessions being put in place of Roy Moore is an attempt to fire Mueller. It can't happen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Your link speaks for itself and is only rehashing old claims that have never proven to be true. Show in your link where there is evidence she didn't recall.

Quote:
Here is one link 250 times she didn't recall.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/27/us/hi ... cords.html

On this link she could not account for billing records.

In looking for the links that none of you will look at other than to trash the source which are about something we all already know to be true about HRC claiming she couldn't recall 250 times. [ I have no idea why I am playing this game with you] I ran across an article that reminded me of the time HRS and Chelsea made that heroic landing under sniper fire which didn't exist. But, I am sure you don't recall that either.

Bottom line is this was Sessions lying IMO hell yes he was lying. Was HRC lying Hell Yes she was lying. To believe one then defend the other would make the person doing so a hypocrite.

This link doesn't say she couldn't recall but, in her words "I do not know how the billing records came to be found where they were found, but I am pleased that they were found because they confirm what I have been saying," The difference between Sessions and Clinton is Session's claims he can't recall something whereas Clinton is saying she doesn't know; that's a big difference.

Like I said, you have reading and/or comprehension problems when it comes to your links.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Your link speaks for itself and is only rehashing old claims that have never proven to be true. Show in your link where there is evidence she didn't recall.

This link doesn't say she couldn't recall but, in her words "I do not know how the billing records came to be found where they were found, but I am pleased that they were found because they confirm what I have been saying," The difference between Sessions and Clinton is Session's claims he can't recall something whereas Clinton is saying she doesn't know; that's a big difference.

Like I said, you have reading and/or comprehension problems when it comes to your links.

Where were you during the Clinton years. HRC while testifying before congress said 250 times [maybe more] she couldn't recall or words to that effect. Any person who denies it happened is either ignorant of the facts, because they were busy paying attention to other things during that time or lying.

I believe you are the former and GOU the latter.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Where were you during the Clinton years. HRC while testifying before congress said 250 times [maybe more] she couldn't recall or words to that effect. Any person who denies it happened is either ignorant of the facts, because they were busy paying attention to other things during that time or lying.

I believe you are the former and GOU the latter.

This thread is about Jeff Sessions.