RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

....to do about traitorous Trump if they win the midterms. My prediction is nothing.

Last edited by glenfs on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

....to do about traitorous Trump if they win the midterms. My prediction is nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

I believe that Trump WILL be impeached. With no help from the right.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't think the Democrats will impeach Trump but will initiate a lot of investigations that will start opening Trump's tax returns to the public and Trump will make a deal with Pence that he'll resign provided Pence provides a pardon to himself and his family. Of course, Trump may give the pardon himself before resigning.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

The Dems will not take the House. Thus nothing can be done re: impeachment unless Republicans play along. As much as Republicans hate government (but, boy, do they like to be in government) they hate Democrats more. So even though Pence would help their agenda somewhat they simply will not be party to helping Democrats kick out Trump.

Prediction (and I will be happy to eat a large portion at the all-the-crow-you-can-eat buffet): If Trump does not get impeached and does not resign he will run in 2020 and unless the Dems have the correct candidate and messaging he will win.

Bird’s theorem will be evident in spades.

The midterms are crucial as are state races.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump is going down. I expect Flynn and his son will be indicted soon. I"m going to guess this week. If not, soon.

This shouldn't be a left vs right issue. Patriots vs Traitors. Pick a side. Although I see Glen already has picked his side.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump is going down. I expect Flynn and his son will be indicted soon. I"m going to guess this week. If not, soon.

This shouldn't be a left vs right issue. Patriots vs Traitors. Pick a side. Although I see Glen already has picked his side.

One can only hope. I don't think there's any question that he's committed obstruction of justice and serious violations of the emoluments clause. But if it's not possible to get rid of him, Democrats need to hamstring him on everything he and his cohorts in the Congress try to get away with.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:19 am 
Policy Wonk

The thing about mid-term elections is that win or lose, the political parties will pivot
to the 2020 Presidential election.

Remember the bar for impeachment to convict is 67 votes. There is no way many GOP
Senators will vote to convict Trump.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:04 am 
Board Emeritus

One can only hope. I don't think there's any question that he's committed obstruction of justice and serious violations of the emoluments clause. But if it's not possible to get rid of him, Democrats need to hamstring him on everything he and his cohorts in the Congress try to get away with.

We have a winner. That is exactly what the Dems will do. Unless something is uncovered that can't be ignored. The best thing for the Democratic Party is to have trump in the WH.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:03 am 
Board Emeritus

We have a winner. That is exactly what the Dems will do. Unless something is uncovered that can't be ignored. The best thing for the Democratic Party is to have trump in the WH.

That's that difference between you and me, glen. I don't give a flying fuck about what's best for the Democratic party. I give a flying fuck about what is being perped on us by Trump, conservatives, lunatic xenophobe racists like Bannon, and asshole libertarian scum like the Koch brothers.

You're the one all concerned about what's good for your party...the people come in second in your playbook.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's that difference between you and me, glen. I don't give a flying fuck about what's best for the Democratic party. I give a flying fuck about what is being perped on us by Trump, conservatives, lunatic xenophobe racists like Bannon, and asshole libertarian scum like the Koch brothers.

You're the one all concerned about what's good for your party...the people come in second in your playbook.

I am being objective. The DNC and the GOP are only going to do what is best for their respective parties. Which is why we saw no investigation of the Bush Adminstration. Doing so would have hurt the Democratic Party.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:01 pm 
Policy Wonk

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:arrow: I guess I would have to take Nancy Pelosi at her word. She said that "impeachment was off the table" for George W. Bush, and she doesn't seem so eager to put it back on the table for Trump. Given all of that, Democrats have to win back the majority in Congress first, in order to see what happens after~

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

I am being objective. The DNC and the GOP are only going to do what is best for their respective parties. Which is why we saw no investigation of the Bush Adminstration. Doing so would have hurt the Democratic Party.

You're not being objective in the least. You're defending your party's actions and doing more whataboutisms. The Bush admin isn't on par with what we're seeing here. This is about your country, not GOP versus Dems.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bullshit. You don't have a fucking clue as to what the best thing might be for the DNC to do. You still think the DNC stole the nomination from the lefty populist who wouldn't have been able to deliver anything he was promising.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Which is why we saw no investigation of the Bush Adminstration.

Ummm, you may have heard of this fella named Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the special counsel who investigated the administration, and indicted someone in it named "Scooter" Libby over l'affaire Valerie Plame?

Yes, I know, there were many who were hoping he might also indict Karl Rove, or Bush himself. It's true he didn't. He claims he couldn't find anything to indict them on. And many people felt Libby took the fall for his boss, Dick Cheney, maybe just as Oliver North took the fall for Reagan and Bush Sr.

But, stop fucking rewriting reality entire. The administration was most definitely investigated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ummm, you may have heard of this fella named Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the special counsel who investigated the administration, and indicted someone in it named "Scooter" Libby over l'affaire Valerie Plame?

Yes, I know, there were many who were hoping he might also indict Karl Rove, or Bush himself. It's true he didn't. He claims he couldn't find anything to indict them on. And many people felt Libby took the fall for his boss, Dick Cheney, maybe just as Oliver North took the fall for Reagan and Bush Sr.

But, stop fucking rewriting reality entire. The administration was most definitely investigated.

I am speaking about when Pelosi and Reid were leaders of the House and Senate. One of the first things Pelosi said was there will be no investigation of the Bush administration.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bullshit. You don't have a fucking clue as to what the best thing might be for the DNC to do. You still think the DNC stole the nomination from the lefty populist who wouldn't have been able to deliver anything he was promising.

The DNC knew before she officially announce that HRC was going to be the nominee. They made sure it was her. As for Sen Sanders, IMO along with at least one prominent lefty here he had zero chance of defeating Trump or any Republican.

Had HRC not been so conservative in her ways when it came to running her campaign. Instead of running it as if it were 1976 she would have taken a chance and done like Bill did when he named Al Gore as his running mate and named Sen Warren as hers. Instead HRC knew she needed help in Virginia and wanted a VP who would be like dull wall paper.Never stealing the spotlight or challenging her in any way manner or form. She took the traditional route.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

She said impeachment was off the table.

She never said the administration shouldn't be investigated.

Those are not the same words.

In fact, there were nine Democratic led investigations of the Bush administration.
https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/B ... stigations

Most, obviously, into the use or misuse of intelligence prior to the Iraq War.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

She said impeachment was off the table.

She never said the administration shouldn't be investigated.

Those are not the same words.

In fact, there were nine Democratic led investigations of the Bush administration.
https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/B ... stigations

Most, obviously, into the use or misuse of intelligence prior to the Iraq War.

Correct me if I am wrong but, after Obama won weren't people on the left expecting a full blown investigation of what went on during Bush' 8 years. Isnt that what Pelosi took off the table immediately.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Speaking of impeachment. Articles of Impeachment against Trump were filed this morning by 5 Dems. As more indictments come, and more conclusions are made, I'd expect the GOP to pile on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Had HRC not been so conservative in her ways when it came to running her campaign.

Bull fucking hockey. There are two, and only two reasons why we do not have a president Clinton now, and why the country is not rolling smoothly down the highway as it oughta be:

1. The country has an archaic holdover from it's pre-democratic past as its fucked up means of electing a chief governmental executive, where the candidate who the majority of the country wants may not be the president the country gets.

2. The country is half full of assholes.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

[quote="Drak » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:02 pm"]Speaking of impeachment. Articles of Impeachment against Trump were filed this morning by 5 Dems. As more indictments come, and more conclusions are made, I'd expect the GOP to pile on.[/quote

Yes there was political theater today by 5 Democrats whose names are barely known in their own households. I heard about it while listening to Thom Hartmann who said nothing they listed were impeachable offenses at this time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bully for Thom Hartman. He works for Russian Television which had to register as a foreign agent. I wouldn't trust anyone that works for RT.

It starts someplace. Step one. There were over 2 dozen impeachment resolutions with Watergate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bully for Thom Hartman. He works for Russian Television which had to register as a foreign agent. I wouldn't trust anyone that works for RT.

It starts someplace. Step one. There were over 2 dozen impeachment resolutions with Watergate.

Thom Hartmann is no longer on RT.