RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is the difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives can never take blame. They attack the victims. You won't EVER see a conservative handle scandal like this. video at link:

On this week’s episode of her Hulu show, “I Love You, America,” Silverman delivers an emotional opening monologue about the heartbreak, pain and anger she feels toward her friend and fellow comedian, who has been called out for sexual misconduct.

“I’ve, of course, been asked to comment, and in full honesty I really, really, really don’t want to. I wish I could sit this one out,” she says on the episode, which will air Thursday on the streaming service. “But then I remembered something I said on this very show, that if it’s mentionable, it’s manageable.”

The 46-year-old comedian then jokes about addressing “the elephant masturbating in the room” and explains why speaking out has been so difficult.

“One of my best friends of over 25 years, Louis C. K., masturbated in front of women,” she candidly states. “He wielded his power with women in fucked-up ways, sometimes to the point where they left comedy entirely.”

Silverman then admits that she could soften her sentiments with “heartwarming stories” of their friendship or how he’s a loving father, but concludes that mentioning those things are “irrelevant now.”

“I love Louis,” she continues. “But Louis did these things. Both of those statements are true, so I just keep asking myself, ‘Can you love someone who did bad things? Can you still love them?’ I can mull that over later, certainly, because the only people that matter right now are the victims.”

And unlike Donald Trump and his calling every woman who says he mistreated them liars and threatened to sue them, Al Franken admitted his wrongdoing and apologized to the woman.

What a difference. Face it, Republicans. You're the bad guys.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Franken is only admitting to what is seen in the photo. He is denying her other accusations by saying he doesn't remember.

As for the left every lefty I know claim all of Bill s accusors or politically motivated liars. The same way many here are claiming Franken s acccusor is doing.

Even you have said you can't really cop a feel through a vest.

Last edited by glenfs on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:46 am 
Board Emeritus

Franken is only admitting to what is seen in 4th photo. He is denying her other accusations by saying he doesn't remember.

As for the left every lefty I know claim all of Bill s accusors or politically motivated liars. The same way many here are claiming Franken s acccusor is doing.

Even you have said you can't really cop a feel through a vest.

Your side attacks the women every time. And that's fine with you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 am 
Board Emeritus

Franken is only admitting to what is seen in 4th photo. He is denying her other accusations by saying he doesn't remember.

You should read his apology and see how an apology for being accused of this sort of thing is done.

I notice President Tic Tacs only attacks Franken, and hasn't said peepity-squat about Roy Moore. You probably know the multiple reasons for this, starting with conservative male dishonesty about what conservative culture makes them into.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:21 pm 
Policy Wonk

I thought this thread was about Sara Silverman and her friendship with Louis C.K.?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Your side attacks the women every time. And that's fine with you.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp

You mean like this? Or are you making a reference to the women who accused Clinton? Fact is both sides attacks the accusers. But, since you cant cop a feel through a vest I guess it is ok, with you.

You need to read this Donna Halper Blog

http://dlhalperblog.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

glen, do you think Donald Trump should resign because of his past actions towards women?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey look, Glen is back to the Clintons again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

[quote="gounion » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:56 pm"]glen, do you think Donald Trump should resign because of his past actions towards women?[/quote

[third time Ive tried to answer having TS connection troubles]

First I don't think Trump should have ever been elected. Beyond that yes I believe that Trump should resign or be removed from office. But, not in a manner that will destroy the GOP and hand power over to the Democratic Party for a decade or more. In other words in te manner you would like to see it happen.

We have a special prosecutor who is beyond reproach. If his investigation comes back with recommendations, proof, or rock solid evidence against Trump then at that time Trump should be forced to resign or be removed from office. But, it needs to be done in an orderly and legal manner.

Even if after the Mueller investigation removing Trump will hurt the GOP. At that point in time it will be up to the GOP to sacrifice for the country. In order to prevent future Trump's from becoming President.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey look, Glen is back to the Clintons again.

Look the left is attempting to forget the Clinton's again. The poster claimed that the right always attempts to trash the alleged victim. Isnt that exactly what the left did to the Clinton accusers? So there is a relevant comparision.

Check out this blog

Or this article

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

[quote="glenfs » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:16 pm"][/quote]
So, you openly admit to putting party before country.

Beyond reproach? Have you seen how many Republicans, From the President to Sean Hannity and many elected Republicans, have attacked Mueller and demand that he resign?

But you didn't exactly answer my question. Do you believe Trump should resign because of his treatment of women and those who have accused him? That's not what Mueller is investigating.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Look the left is attempting to forget the Clinton's again. The poster claimed that the right always attempts to trash the alleged victim. Isnt that exactly what the left did to the Clinton accusers? So there is a relevant comparision.

Check out this blog

Or this article

Glen, that was nearly 20 years ago. Hell, you don't even want us talking about GW Bush because that's in the past.

Good job of rules for you, different rules for us.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Check out this blog

Or this article

I helped get you started on your Dear Bill letter. Do you need help finishing it?

"Sincerely, your biggest fan,

Glenfs"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen, that was nearly 20 years ago. Hell, you don't even want us talking about GW Bush because that's in the past.

Good job of rules for you, different rules for us.

The Senator Gillibrand deal just happened and is consistent with the pattern of what has happened to every women who has spoke out against the Clinton's.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, you openly admit to putting party before country.

Beyond reproach? Have you seen how many Republicans, From the President to Sean Hannity and many elected Republicans, have attacked Mueller and demand that he resign?

But you didn't exactly answer my question. Do you believe Trump should resign because of his treatment of women and those who have accused him? That's not what Mueller is investigating.

Those reproaching Mueller are mostly talking heads earning their massive paychecks by pandering to the idiots [like my brother] in their audiences.

As for Trump if those accusations are true then he should not be President. But, being forced to resign in a manner that would put the far left in charge would IMO do more harm than having Trump in the WH. So it comes down to a Sophia's Choice.

Which is why I am waiting for the hard evidence of guilt or innocence from Mueller. I believe it was Pelosi I recently heard say that we can't impeach a President because he is a creep, or words to that effect.

I would give you a link but, even though they all directly quote Leader Pelosi they are from RW sites.

Found one
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/25/opin ... hment.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

You found an article from May?

Sorry dude that was a long time ago in Trump years.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

You found an article from May?

Sorry dude that was a long time ago in Trump years.

Even a link from the NY Times isn't good enough for lefties. If you cant impeach the information impeach the source.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thank you, you just proved what I've been saying. They want Franken to resign because he admitted to it.

Since Trump and every other Republican NEVER admits to anything, you say you don't know if he's guilty or not.

Of course, Bill Clinton never admitted either, but you don't care - Bill is OBVIOUSLY GUILTY OF EVERYTHING, right?

Why is Clinton DEFINITELY guilty but Trump isn't?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Even a link from the NY Times isn't good enough for lefties. If you cant impeach the information impeach the source.

That link was from May Glen. Lots has piled up and happened since May. Of course, you're one of the most ignorant posters in these parts who doesn't really seem to follow what's happening. You don't even know who the players are (see Seb Gorka).

Stop being a tool.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thank you, you just proved what I've been saying. They want Franken to resign because he admitted to it.

Since Trump and every other Republican NEVER admits to anything, you say you don't know if he's guilty or not.

Of course, Bill Clinton never admitted either, but you don't care - Bill is OBVIOUSLY GUILTY OF EVERYTHING, right?

Why is Clinton DEFINITELY guilty but Trump isn't?

When it comes to Franken I believe you and I are on the same page or there about. That being if it was a one off bad joke give him the letter of censer and move on. If the allegations are proved true or other credible sources come forth with similar accounts he needs to resign. Thus far there has only been one other source and her credibility is in question. [ IMO ]

Clinton is guilty because there is a very long pattern of him and the way he treated women from the time prior to being Governor through and during the time he was President and even after he left office up until the time it appears his health has turned south on him.

Trump, same deal, not all of his accusers are lying, he should have never won the nomination, should have never won the WH, should not be President. But, for the time being we are stuck with him and as Nancy Pelosi says we can't impeach him for being a creep.

If we did then every President to come after Trump would be subject to scrutiny I doubt any could survive.

Getting back to Clinton, Sen Gillibrand along with other prominent Democrats are beginning to rethink whether or not the Democratic Party did the right thing in regards to Clinton.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

The Senator Gillibrand deal just happened and is consistent with the pattern of what has happened to every women who has spoke out against the Clinton's.

You mean the way Bill O'Reilly attacked his accusers?

You mean like the way Roger Ailes, of Fox News, attacked his accusers?

How Roy Moore attacked his accusers?

It's a typical tactic of people who sexually assault another to attack their accuser(s) rather than accept responsibility for their action. It's not right but that's human nature.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thank you for once again showing the difference between the left and the right. Dems have a conscience. We DO believe in right and wrong.

Republicans don't. Evangelicals don't. It's simply about POWER. Here's the thing: If the woman came up with video from when she was 14, it wouldn't matter to his supporters. If she proved RAPE, they wouldn't care. They don't care about all of Trump's actions. That's why ANY attempt to to say "But Clinton" as you do all the time is simply hypocrisy. If Clinton had been a Republican, you'd call it one big lie just like you call Anita Hill a liar, when he story was completely believable and honest. You've even lied about that, saying Thomas and Hill were co-workers, when he was in fact her superior and her boss.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's a typical tactic of people who sexually assault another to attack their accuser(s) rather than accept responsibility for their action. It's not right but that's human nature.

To be fair, Clinton DID attack Lewensky, and attempted to smear her. The dress is the only thing that kept it from working.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

For the record I have never been a fan of O'Reilly [or Hannity] hate people like Roy Moore and never had an opinion of Ailes until his misdeeds came to light and I suspect he isn't enjoying his afterlife very much. [yes I do believe in some form of Heaven and Hell] Had Ailes not passed I am sure he would have spent years in civil court and perhaps been charged with a sex crime or two along the way.

I am glad O'Reilly has gotten his comeuppance am glad Moore has been exposed for being scum.

Now I am about to break a board rule. I am glad Ailes is dead, the world is better off without him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:28 pm 
Policy Wonk

You mean like this? Or are you making a reference to the women who accused Clinton? Fact is both sides attacks the accusers. But, since you cant cop a feel through a vest I guess it is ok, with you.

You need to read this Donna Halper Blog

OFF TOPIC!!