RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:44 pm 
Policy Wonk

Look the left is attempting to forget the Clinton's again. The poster claimed that the right always attempts to trash the alleged victim. Isnt that exactly what the left did to the Clinton accusers? So there is a relevant comparision.

http://dlhalperblog.blogspot.com/

Check out this blog

Or this article

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp

OFF TOPIC!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

Why is Glen talking about Bill Clinton? On the basis of the Lewinsky affair alone, I said at the time he should resign, and I say it now--if Clinton had resigned, we very well may have had President Gore, and most of us may never had (or barely) heard of GW Bush.

But Glen, this thread isn't about that, why do you insist on derailing the thread?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

I supported Democrats censuring Bill Clinton. He deserved it not so much for the affair itself, as for people whose lives he shamed and ruined (notably White House staff) by forcing them to lie and cover up for him.

BTW, I'm not going to impugn Kirstin Gillibrand's character or anything else, but I just don't agree with her. I don't think he needed to resign. Lots of POTUSes had affairs in the WH. I understand that it was a WH intern probably made it worse than those situations. But I still think it would have been appropriate just to censure him.

One final point: to my knowledge, BC has never threatened to sue either Kathleen Willey or Juanita Broadrick.

He settled with Paula Jones. As is well known, tort settlements do not usually involve admissions of guilt, and there was none, there.

Trump said he would sue all his accusers - although, to date, he hasn't.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

OFF TOPIC!!

No it isn't this topic is about how liberals handle scandal. My post and links are about a liberal scandal and how it was handled.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

No it isn't this topic is about how liberals handle scandal. My post and links are about a liberal scandal and how it was handled.

You can't do anything but deflect.

How do Republicans handle scandal? Don't admit anything, call everyone else liars, attack your accusers. Even if there's tape, even if you're caught red-handed. Call it fake news.

And you can't admit it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

I supported Democrats censuring Bill Clinton. He deserved it not so much for the affair itself, as for people whose lives he shamed and ruined (notably White House staff) by forcing them to lie and cover up for him.

BTW, I'm not going to impugn Kirstin Gillibrand's character or anything else, but I just don't agree with her. I don't think he needed to resign. Lots of POTUSes had affairs in the WH. I understand that it was a WH intern probably made it worse than those situations. But I still think it would have been appropriate just to censure him.

One final point: to my knowledge, BC has never threatened to sue either Kathleen Willey or Juanita Broadrick.

He settled with Paula Jones. As is well known, tort settlements do not usually involve admissions of guilt, and there was none, there.

Trump said he would sue all his accusers - although, to date, he hasn't.

That is where the GOP really screwed up. Had they gone the censured route their goal would have been achieved and Bill Clinton been much less a sympathetic character.

Because of the GOP s stupidity he looks like the victim and they like the villain.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

That is where the GOP really screwed up. Had they gone the censured route their goal would have been achieved and Bill Clinton been much less a sympathetic character.

Because of the GOP s stupidity he looks like the victim and they like the villain.

Hatred runs the GOP. They made up all kinds of accusations that are completely false.

Just like the current one - Uranium One. Just one Big Lie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

As for the left every lefty I know claim all of Bill s accusors or politically motivated liars.

That absurd statement makes you a politically motivated liar.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:20 am 
Board Emeritus

Seriously, seems like most everyone around here would be pretty tired of this sort of disingenuous bullshit from Glen by now, but such does not appear to be the case.

On the other hand, the fewer Glen's we have around here, the slower the board tends to move. Of course, that is not necessarily a bad thing; just depends on what our expectations are with regard to political discussion.

As you and many others have stated, it has become near impossible to be bothered with attempting to discuss such issues with folks that lean so far to the right (and who also happen to be brain-dead assholes, but whatever). In fact, cannot think of any right winger I more enjoyed talking to on the interwebs than our long-departed weirdo-friend, Tritumi. (Any of the present and former right-wingers on this board can simply fuck off, as far as I'm concerned.)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:24 am 
Board Emeritus

When it comes to Franken I believe you and I are on the same page or there about. That being if it was a one off bad joke give him the letter of censer and move on. If the allegations are proved true or other credible sources come forth with similar accounts he needs to resign. Thus far there has only been one other source and her credibility is in question. [ IMO ]

Clinton is guilty because there is a very long pattern of him and the way he treated women from the time prior to being Governor through and during the time he was President and even after he left office up until the time it appears his health has turned south on him.

Trump, same deal, not all of his accusers are lying, he should have never won the nomination, should have never won the WH, should not be President. But, for the time being we are stuck with him and as Nancy Pelosi says we can't impeach him for being a creep.

If we did then every President to come after Trump would be subject to scrutiny I doubt any could survive.

Getting back to Clinton, Sen Gillibrand along with other prominent Democrats are beginning to rethink whether or not the Democratic Party did the right thing in regards to Clinton.

Shall we get back to Reagan? Clinton hasn’t been president for 17 years. Get over your obsession with Bill Clinton. I do believe that most of his accusers were truthful. I also believe that there was political motivation involved either with some or driven by Republican hatred (like your hatred) of him. Now before you open your pie hole and start bleating about my hatred of Reagan, your god, let us note that it was Reagan’s actions and policies that drove my visceral response to him. I don’t interject Reagan into threads constantly but, boy, you sure seem to feel the need to throw Clinton’s name around whenever possible.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:43 am 
Policy Wonk

Like this is new?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:47 am 
Policy Wonk

Glen, that was nearly 20 years ago. Hell, you don't even want us talking about GW Bush because that's in the past.

Good job of rules for you, different rules for us.

Ye Olde Republican Double Standard.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:48 am 
Board Emeritus

Seriously, seems like most everyone around here would be pretty tired of this sort of disingenuous bullshit from Glen by now, but such does not appear to be the case.

On the other hand, the fewer Glen's we have around here, the slower the board tends to move. Of course, that is not necessarily a bad thing; just depends on what our expectations are with regard to political discussion.

As you and many others have stated, it has become near impossible to be bothered with attempting to discuss such issues with folks that lean so far to the right (and who also happen to be brain-dead assholes, but whatever). In fact, cannot think of any right winger I more enjoyed talking to on the interwebs than our long-departed weirdo-friend, Tritumi. (Any of the present and former right-wingers on this board can simply fuck off, as far as I'm concerned.)

I do miss Tritumi, Majesty, Denny Crane, CommonSense, greengrass, and others I can't remember. I'm not so sure why some of them are gone.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:06 am 
Board Emeritus

I do miss Tritumi, Majesty, Denny Crane, CommonSense, greengrass, and others I can't remember. I'm not so sure why some of them are gone.
Denny Crane? Not so much. I would like to see Aragon around. Everyone knows I am a Tritumi fan but he isn’t coming back. And he is much more libertarian than conservative. There was another rw-er from the old ESSMB days whose name I can’t recall that would be nice to hear from.

On the flip side I miss Aleman1948, PrairieMermaid (I believe she had some health problems) Dr. Morbius, AmtrakMatt and so on.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 am 
Board Emeritus

Majesty isn't a right winger.

He just pretends to be one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:40 am 
Policy Wonk

Shall we get back to Reagan? Clinton hasn’t been president for 17 years. Get over your obsession with Bill Clinton. I do believe that most of his accusers were truthful. I also believe that there was political motivation involved either with some or driven by Republican hatred (like your hatred) of him. Now before you open your pie hole and start bleating about my hatred of Reagan, your god, let us note that it was Reagan’s actions and policies that drove my visceral response to him. I don’t interject Reagan into threads constantly but, boy, you sure seem to feel the need to throw Clinton’s name around whenever possible.

Well said bird.... as usual.... But the Trump administration is on pace to beat Reagan's in one respect.....the most corrupt in the history of the United States of America. Corrupt as in most indictments and convictions. How ollie north is still seen as a hero instead of a criminal is...... criminal.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:46 am 
Policy Wonk

Denny Crane? Not so much. I would like to see Aragon around. Everyone knows I am a Tritumi fan but he isn’t coming back. And he is much more libertarian than conservative. There was another rw-er from the old ESSMB days whose name I can’t recall that would be nice to hear from.

On the flip side I miss Aleman1948, PrairieMermaid (I believe she had some health problems) Dr. Morbius, AmtrakMatt and so on.

Agreed about Aragorn definitely.... and i remember a time when scout was scoutster (maybe ESSMB) and wasn't a complete fucking prick.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:57 am 
Policy Wonk

C.K. admitted what he did was wrong. Senator Franken called for an ethics investigation into his behavior.

The pervert Moore calls the Eight (08) accusing him of Sexual Abuse/Sexual Assault Liars and 45 threatened to sue Women who accuse him of Sexual Abuse/Sexual Assault.

The difference is striking. Republicans objectify Women. 45 is a Misogynist and Serial Womanizer who boasted about
"Grabbing her by the P * * * * " and going after a Married Woman....while Melania was pregnant with Baron. 45 would walk into the dressing room of Beauty Pagent Contestants, some as young as 14-Years Old while THEY WERE NAKED.

Yet, another member of this forum prefers to step into the "Way Back Machine", and look the past behavior of one Democrat.

He will never say a word (but he would never defend....oh no never) against 45.

The Democrat took responsibility for his actions, the Republicans run from them.

Therein lies (intended) the difference.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:00 pm 
Policy Wonk

Agreed about Aragorn definitely.... and i remember a time when scout was scoutster (maybe ESSMB) and wasn't a complete fucking prick.

Scout lost it after Sandyhook.

Maj was a troll.

Denny....geez Denny.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:01 pm 
Policy Wonk

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp

You mean like this? Or are you making a reference to the women who accused Clinton? Fact is both sides attacks the accusers. But, since you cant cop a feel through a vest I guess it is ok, with you.

You need to read this Donna Halper Blog

http://dlhalperblog.blogspot.com/

This thread is NOT ABOUT CLINTON.

Start one if you want, but stop trying to derail and hijack this one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

LOL @ Denny.

Denny Crane!