All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigat ... me-n821706

Quote:
No one asked about the money
In the interview, Ventura admitted that some of his brokers and clients who bought and sold units in the Trump Ocean Club were connected to the Russian mafia and other organized-crime groups, including a convicted money launderer who moved cash for drug cartels.

“I had some customers with questionable backgrounds,” he said. “Nobody ever asked me. Banks never asked. Developer didn’t ask and (the) Trump Organization didn’t ask. Nobody ask, ‘Who are the customers, where did the money come from?’ No, nobody ask.”

The Trump Organization was not the actual developer of the Panama tower. Thanks in large part to the hit NBC television show “The Apprentice,” the Trump name was recognized all over the world and the Panama deal was structured to capitalize on that brand. For this deal, the Trump Organization would license its brand, operate the hotel and sell its expertise in managing the building, receiving a cut of every condo sale. The actual development, along with all of the risks involved, would be left to a local businessman with almost no real estate experience, Roger Khafif and other partners. Ventura said he was invited to the meeting as Khafif’s sales representative....

...“The Trump Organization was not the owner, developer or seller of the Trump Ocean Club Panama project,” the statement said. “Because of its limited role, the company was not responsible for the financing of the project and had no involvement in the sale of units or the retention of any real estate brokers.”...

...But Ventura says that the Trump family, and Ivanka Trump in particular, was involved in the details of the Trump Ocean Club, and that she interacted with him extensively....

...“The Trump Organization has to approve everything because of his name on the project,” Ventura said, describing the project as Ivanka Trump’s “baby.”...

...According to the Trump Ocean Club’s bondholder prospectus, Donald Trump was projected to make $74.2 million from the project by the end of 2010. The disclosure forms Trump filed with the Office of Government Ethics show that he continues to earn management fees and royalties from the Trump Ocean Club. ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Because of certain Gov't regulations I cannot drive until 15 minutes after I log in to my Electric Log Book . So during that time I check three different websites to see if Trump is named in another scandal. Most days I find that he is. Hopefully the electorate will learn this is what happens when we elect a person who isn't a long term politician.

Even a qualified person like Obama got run over roughshod during the first few years of his Presidency. Had he had more time in DC I don't believe he would have ever allowed that to happen.

Finally a confession I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to saying they are sick of lifelong politicians. A position I am having to rethink because of "The Donald."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Rick Wilson‏Verified account
@TheRickWilson
"We didn't know that building. That building was a volunteer for a short time. That building was only for fetching coffee."

Pretty much, Rick. Pretty much.