RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Looks like this pilot's career is over. On Thursday, a U.S. Navy pilot, from Naval Air Station Whidbey Island flew over Okanogan County, Washington demonstrated his artistic flying abilities by drawing a giant penis in the sky.

Quote:
Navy officials were faced with an unusual controversy after residents of Okanogan County, Washington noticed a sky drawing many said looked like male genitalia on Thursday.
"US Navy air crew, flying an F/A-18 Growler (Electronic Attack Aircraft) assigned to Electronic Attack Squadron 130 based at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Wash., flew an air pattern over Okanogan County, Washington, on Thursday, November 16, that left a condensed air trail resembling an obscene image to observers on the ground," Navy spokesperson Lt. Cmdr. Leslie Hubbell said.

"The Navy holds its aircrew to the highest standards and we find this absolutely unacceptable, of zero training value and we are holding the crew accountable," a statement from the Navy air station said.
"The actions of this aircrew were wholly unacceptable and antithetical to Navy core values. We have grounded the aircrew and are conducting a thorough investigation - and we will hold those responsible accountable for their actions," Hubbell added. "The Navy apologizes for this irresponsible and immature act."

CNN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

That is pretty funny but, I suspect he is in more than a little hot water. I also suspect he was about to leave the service anyway and decided to go out with a bang.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

:rw) :rw) :rw)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

jeez, theres 350MILLION humans in this country yet we somehow expect them to all behave
the same.

ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

That is pretty funny but, I suspect he is in more than a little hot water. I also suspect he was about to leave the service anyway and decided to go out with a bang.

He'll get a slap on the wrist and if he stays in the service his next promotion might be held up a bit. If he's leaving the service his commander might put the incident in his final performance report which would make it a problem for the pilot to use to document his Naval service.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

He'll get a slap on the wrist and if he stays in the service his next promotion might be held up a bit. If he's leaving the service his commander might put the incident in his final performance report which would make it a problem for the pilot to use to document his Naval service.

I hope so his is probably the personality type we need flying for our country. We read about the exploits of heroes like W Va native Chuck Yeager and others with admiration. Hopefully this guy wont get much beyond a good chewing out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

I hope so his is probably the personality type we need flying for our country. We read about the exploits of heroes like W Va native Chuck Yeager and others with admiration. Hopefully this guy wont get much beyond a good chewing out.

What you're alluding to is the image of pilots you've seen in movies. There are relative few mavericks as pilots because a jet, a cargo plane, or a helicopter is too expensive to be entrusted to someone who want to engage in frat boy antics.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

What you're alluding to is the image of pilots you've seen in movies. There are relative few mavericks as pilots because a jet, a cargo plane, or a helicopter is too expensive to be entrusted to someone who want to engage in frat boy antics.

Dammit why did you have to tell me that. What next there is no Santa, the Easter bunny isn't real and there is no reason to fear those who are different than you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:56 am 
Board Emeritus

Just as long as he's up for incinerating a few thousand Vietnamese...he's our kind of guy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 am 
Policy Wonk

or maybe............ it's..... SEXUAL HARASSMENT. If you were caught drawing penises and posting them in the coffee room at work..............they just had a REALLY BIG post board

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dammit why did you have to tell me that. What next there is no Santa, the Easter bunny isn't real and there is no reason to fear those who are different than you.

I hate to break it to you but Batman and Robin aren't real either.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

or maybe............ it's..... SEXUAL HARASSMENT. If you were caught drawing penises and posting them in the coffee room at work..............they just had a REALLY BIG post board

Interesting but I think it might be pushing the issue. Most likely, the Navy will charge him under Article 134 of the UMCJ for bringing discredit upon the armed forces.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Really, don't give a flying fuck.

Draw all the penises you want, anywhere you want.

My only request is that folks also draw a vagina here-and-there, too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, at least unlike some big penises on the ground, that was only temporary. Now I understand, it's hard to draw with contrails, so you'll forgive me if I say maybe it looks more like the Arby's hat.

The Cerne Abbas Giant has been in the British landscape for a long time. Nobody knows how long, but at least several centuries. Could be millennia.

Might not be able to tell from that photo, but he's got a really big dick, that image is 55 m (180 ft) high.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:21 pm 
Policy Wonk

maybe was an accident. they use to draw them on the street to get someone repair the potholes.