RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:38 am 
Board Emeritus

Conservatism at it's best. Everything old is new again!

This is what conservatism is. Just like when they rejected the civil rights of blacks, and said the voters could strip the rights of black people.

Nothing has changed.

Nothing.

I have (jokingly) referred to myself as a "Yellow-dog Democrat". That is someone who would vote for a yellow dog before voting for a Republican. Of course, it's not true, and I have in the past voted for Republicans. Back when there was some sanity in some corners of the party, before it became the party of Trump.

But now we have pedophile Republicans, Republicans that will vote for a pedophile before a reasonable, decent Democrat.

Of course, we have to remember there's REASONS for the Republicans to hate that Democrat. After all, he prosecuted white people for killing black people. A prime reason for the Republicans to reject a candidate, amIrite?

First, the mainstream Republicans rejected Trump. Then they decided that they wanted to win, so they accepted Trump.

First, the mainstream Republicans rejected Moore. Now they decided they want the seat bad enough that it's fine to elect a pedophile.

What's next?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:05 am 
Board Emeritus

What's next?

Putting Ted McKinney, a former corporate officer for the pharmaceutical company that makes ractopamine, in charge of the U.S. Codex Group. The U.S. Codex Group works with the USDA’s food safety division to deal with international trade of food.

Ractopamine is a drug they give to animals in the US to put on muscle instead of fat. It's approved in the US but not in many parts of the world.

To try to push that drug upon the whole worlds food supply the Administration is undermining our ability to trade all sorts of food in the international market. Ted McKinney has no credibility in being in charge of our international negotiating team when trying to work out international food safety standards for trade.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:19 am 
Board Emeritus

What's next?

Putting Ted McKinney, a former corporate officer for the pharmaceutical company that makes ractopamine, in charge of the U.S. Codex Group. The U.S. Codex Group works with the USDA’s food safety division to deal with international trade of food.

Ractopamine is a drug they give to animals in the US to put on muscle instead of fat. It's approved in the US but not in many parts of the world.

To try to push that drug upon the whole worlds food supply the Administration is undermining our ability to trade all sorts of food in the international market. Ted McKinney has no credibility in being in charge of our international negotiating team when trying to work out international food safety standards for trade.

Why, Sam, you know better. His credibility is that he worked for the industry and is likely conservative, nothing else required.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:28 am 
Board Emeritus

It is pretty sad, the GOP is backing Moore the DNC is welcoming back Franken. While both are doing everything they can to make sure past and future settlements stay secret . Trump is President and there is a good chance Harris might be our next President. Our country is screwed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:31 am 
Board Emeritus

Unfortunately, this appears to be fait accompli.

According to Wiki, McKinney was confirmed unanimously by the Senate (i.e. all Democrats voted for him too) on October 3rd to be Under Secretary of Agriculture for Trade and Foreign Agricultural Affairs.

The USDA (and his position in particular) is in charge of the U.S. Codex Group.

BTW, in pointing this out, I'm not in any way saying I'm happy about it. I agree with Sam there's a problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ractopamine

-- I'm paraphrasing:

Ractopamine has been banned in many countries, including Russia, China, and the entirety of the EU. It is allowed in Japan, Canada, the U.S., Mexico, South Korea, and some other of 27 countries worldwide, but most of the others impose restrictions and regulations on it. I foresee future problems. :cry:

Looks like this is also putting the FDA and the USDA at odds:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a- ... a-and-fda/

The swamp has been populated with one more thing. :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:44 am 
Board Emeritus

It is pretty sad, the GOP is backing Moore the DNC is welcoming back Franken. While both are doing everything they can to make sure past and future settlements stay secret . Trump is President and there is a good chance Harris might be our next President. Our country is screwed.

Glen, I won’t argue that the country is screwed. The right, along time ago, started the country down this path.

As for Franken and Moore that is a bit of a false equivalency. What Franken did and allegedly did with adult women is unacceptable. What Moore did was disgusting and illegal. Moore was the guy your parents warned you about when you were a kid.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 am 
Board Emeritus

Not buying it for a second glen. Days ago you were ragging about how a Trump impeachment would destroy the GOP and that the country would be screwed. Now you want us to believe that you think the country is screwed because the GOP is backing Moore??? Not buying it for a fucking zeptosecond.

Now try to tell me how Kamala Harris, in any goddamn way, would not be a 10,000% improvement over Donald Trump or any other vile motherfucker from the ranks of Congressional Republicans every one of whom including MCain, Collins, Murkowski, have been enabling the behavior of Donald Trump for the past year.

The GOP is the party of assholes in a parliament of whores and you're the most ridiculous hypocrite on this forum. Make up your fucking mind, glen.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 am 
Board Emeritus

Not buying it for a second glen. Days ago you were ragging about how a Trump impeachment would destroy the GOP and that the country would be screwed. Now you want us to believe that you think the country is screwed because the GOP is backing Moore??? Not buying it for a fucking zeptosecond.

Now try to tell me how Kamala Harris, in any goddamn way, would not be a 10,000% improvement over Donald Trump or any other vile motherfucker from the ranks of Congressional Republicans who have been enabling the behavior of Donald Trump for the past year.

The GOP is the party of assholes in a parliament of whores and you're the most ridiculous hypocrite on this forum. Make up your fucking mind, glen.

The legal process is taking care of the Trump problem. We need a complete house cleaning of predators no matter the degree of offense. We need to know all who have paid claims.

Now as for Harris she needs more experience. Obama might have been a great President had he had more time in the Senate or served as VP. All I know about Harris is she needs more time before we objectively consider her

What our country needs is an experienced statesman something we don't appear to currently have in either party.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:59 am 
Board Emeritus

The legal process is taking care of the Trump problem. We need a complete house cleaning of predators no matter the degree of offense. We need to know all who have paid claims.

Now as for Harris she needs more experience. Obama might have been a great President had he had more time in the Senate or served as VP. All I know about Harris is she needs more time before we objectively consider her

What our country needs is an experienced statesman something we don't appear to currently have in either party.

You're so fulla shit it's beyond belief. Obama would have been a better president? WTF is wrong with you? I suppose you think Dubya, with all his experience as a rich kid was a better president than Obama? Un-fucking believable. I first voted in a presidential election in 1968. Barack Obama is the best President to serve in the office since I have had the vote. And by a fucking mile. Who TF did you want in the Oval Office from the last election ...fucking Mike Hukabee??? Jeb??????? Marco, for christ's sake?

Name a goddamn congressional Republican fucking Trump enabler who you would want in the White House. Every one of them is a co-conspirstorial fucking criminal as far as I'm concerned.

But tell me glen...which one of these asshole Roy Moore/Trump supporter "statesmen" you would have as CINC in place of Kamala Harris?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're so fulla shit it's beyond belief. Obama would have been a better president? WTF is wrong with you? I suppose you think Dubya, with all his experience as a rich kid was a better president than Obama? Un-fucking believable. I first voted in a presidential election in 1968. Barack Obama is the best President to serve in the office since I have had the vote. And by a fucking mile. Who TF did you want in the Oval Office from the last election ...fucking Mike Hukabee??? Jeb??????? Marco, for christ's sake?

Name a goddamn congressional Republican fucking Trump enabler who you would want in the White House. Every one of them is a co-conspirstorial fucking criminal as far as I'm concerned.

But tell me glen...which one of these asshole Roy Moore/Trump supporter "statesmen" you would have as CINC in place of Kamala Harris?

Name one on the DNC side. Maybe John Kerry. GOP side Romney. Both to old. Name one under 65, I can't think of any.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Harris president? The one we elected from out here in this toxic desert? THAT Kamala Harris? The next POTUS?

Don't make me laugh on a day I'd rather sell the house, and move permanently to NYC. Yes, it's THAT bad. So bad as to even think of taking New York humid summers and freezing winters. That's gotta be pretty bad , and it is. Where do I start? Homeless camped in the streets everywhere I look, annual weather apocalypses, promise of a million-casualty earthquake, stopping the car to let trains to nowhere cross because they ARE trains to nowhere and I can't use them, and the construction noise and dust every third house because rich assholes bought them all and want McMansions.

Every last thing I just mentioned happened because Republicans are the lowest form of life on the planet. It started in SoCal with racist white old ladies in their proverbial tennis shoes and their John Birch Society, and it's spread from this heart of darkness to eat the country. I've had to watch it happen. It makes me very, very, very tired.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Name one on the DNC side. Maybe John Kerry. GOP side Romney. Both to old. Name one under 65, I can't think of any.

Kamala Harris. Sheldon Whitehouse. Kirsten Gillibrand. Gina Raimondo. Plenty more where these came from...you can't be this fucking ignorant.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Harris has one year's experience in the Senate. The Republican predators would eat her alive.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:51 pm 
Policy Wonk

:) Just read Glen's sig. He apparently wants a Senile Republican who seduces White House aides. Not sure how he'll find that combination in a "moral" Republican.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:53 pm 
Policy Wonk

I think Mitch means this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen seems to be clinging to the impression that the one-time corrupt president of SAG, who Nancy went out with to get off the communist list, and who promptly got Nancy preggers out of wedlock, to be hastily married at a chapel near the freeway and whisked off to Palm Springs for the duration, is a model of moral rectitude that you should be proud of.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Harris has one year's experience in the Senate. The Republican predators would eat her alive.

If time in the Senate is your criteria....

Obama had been a senator for three years and 10 months on Nov. 16, 2008 when he resigned after being elected President a week before. I believe Harris would be right about there in Nov 2020.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, that's true.

And of course, I voted for Harris for Senate and I'd vote for her in a Democratic primary over just about anyone. I was thinking more about susceptibility to Republican dirty tricks. I'm probably thinking out my butt, since Hillary had been around the block more than anyone, and they still RF'd her right out of the White House.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen seems to be clinging to the impression that the one-time corrupt president of SAG, who Nancy went out with to get off the communist list, and who promptly got Nancy preggers out of wedlock, to be hastily married at a chapel near the freeway and whisked off to Palm Springs for the duration, is a model of moral rectitude that you should be proud of.

Reagan is a model of rectal inaptitude.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

"Let the people decide"

you crazy old fuck.

you just want the seat you dont GAF for the people. get out! stop funnin me.

please im serious...get out. go away.
take your coward cohorts with you.
the yellow streak is getting way bright.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Kamala Harris. Sheldon Whitehouse. Kirsten Gillibrand. Gina Raimondo. Plenty more where these came from...you can't be this fucking ignorant.

I am not that fucking stupid but you and any other person who believes any person on your list is CURRENTLY a statesman with the experience to lead us out of the mess we are currently in sure are that fucking ignorant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

I am not that fucking stupid but you and any other person who believes any person on your list is CURRENTLY a statesman with the experience to lead us out of the mess we are currently in sure are that fucking ignorant

This proves you are exactly that stupid. Sheldon Whitehouse was a whisker from being nimonated for Scalia's SCOTUS chair for christ's sake. He's been a Senator for a decade, before that he was the attorney general of the state of Rhode Island, and before that he was the United States attorney for the district of Rhode Island. Gillibrandt us in her second term as Senator from New York, before that a US House rep from New York. You don't know your ass from your elbow.

Give me the name of a congressional Republican ststesman. One who isn't a Trump enabler. One who isn't looking the other way while he tries to dismantle the government of this country. Ryan? McConnell? Paul? BWAAHAAHAAHAHAH!!!! You're a cretin. CRETIN....Look it up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

I guess it depends on how you define a statesman. The gendering of the pronoun aside, I hope we all believe it can be found in both genders.

We usually expect them to show wisdom, maturity, discretion, diplomacy, deliberation - what's that word the pundits like - "gravitas".

I do think some of those things do come from age and experience, but they are also internal qualities of character that vary in individuals, regardless of age.

Donald Trump is 71, and it seems obvious to me he's never acquired much.

I think there is a reason the Presidency is only open to 35 year olds. Recent research shows brain maturation starts to finish up in the mid to late 20s.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

I guess it depends on how you define a statesman. The gendering of the pronoun aside, I hope we all believe it can be found in both genders.

We usually expect them to show wisdom, maturity, discretion, diplomacy, deliberation - what's that word the pundits like - "gravitas".

There aren't any statesmen anymore. It's questionable as to whether there has ever been such a thing as a statesman.

Glen is just being the petulant child he turned into when he realized that his precious Republican party that has been ass fucking him without even the courtesy of a reach around all his life, could not be defended for any reason anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

The legal process is taking care of the Trump problem.

It is?

You mean all that Robert Mueller is investigation is the charges of assault from the women?

Last I heard, he wasn't investigating that.