It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Assholes on parade...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:09 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump Voters Stand By Their President.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:24 am 
Board Emeritus

A nuclear war will definitely shake things up on this planet.

I get peoples' frustration with the system. A clever con man who lied about being from "outside" of that system played them, like a fiddle. The problem is, he has all the venal outlook & attitude of a grifting politician, while lacking the actual experience and knowledge of people who have been inside of it. The worst possible choice.

What does he want to do in 2018? Do lots more of rallies and campaigning. He never wanted to govern. He just wanted the fanfare.

This job is like any other. Get him out of there, and put someone in there who really has the competence and willingness to do it - along with all the difficulties. I've said more than once that until 2020, I could at least live with a competent, sane Republican. Even if that was Mike Pence.

Turn him out in 2020, and let's move on.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:52 am 
Board Emeritus

A nuclear war will definitely shake things up on this planet.

I get peoples' frustration with the system. A clever con man who lied about being from "outside" of that system played them, like a fiddle. The problem is, he has all the venal outlook & attitude of a grifting politician, while lacking the actual experience and knowledge of people who have been inside of it. The worst possible choice.

What does he want to do in 2018? Do lots more of rallies and campaigning. He never wanted to govern. He just wanted the fanfare.

This job is like any other. Get him out of there, and put someone in there who really has the competence and willingness to do it - along with all the difficulties. I've said more than once that until 2020, I could at least live with a competent, sane Republican. Even if that was Mike Pence.

Turn him out in 2020, and let's move on.

Pence managed the business of Indiana without sinking it like Kansas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:13 am 
Board Emeritus

Pence sucks in many ways, but predictable ways. We can predict how he will suck. Theocratic imperatives being a large portion of the suckitude.

I can live with him till 2020. Then we get his ass out of there.

BTW, there are those who think he will get nailed in Russiagate too. Spiro Agnew went before Nixon (but for different reasons).

I find no grand joy in President Ryan either, but I can live with him, till 2020. Seems like he doesn't want to stick around for long, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Pence managed the business of Indiana without sinking it like Kansas.

And would have gotten his ass kicked had he run again.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

And would have gotten his ass kicked had he run again.

I'm not so sure about that, bird. We have had a place in Porter County for 15 years and Pence was reviled there. But he was popular in pretty much all the red counties in Indiana, which is 90% of the counties.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Let's not neglect the float.

At his exclusive golf club: "You all just got a lot richer," Trump tells friends, referencing tax overhaul

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-mar- ... tmas-trip/

"President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier. Mr. Trump directed those comments to friends dining nearby at the exclusive club -- including to two friends at a table near the president's who described the remark to CBS News -- as he began his final days of his first year in office in what has become known as the "Winter White House.""

The "Winter White House" that's fitting, winter is cold, I feel a fellan coldness toward him and his whole administration.

A "fellan coldness" implies a desire to chop something up for firewood, for warmth.