RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

I am not saying currently a vote for impeachment would succeed. Obviously the most recent one failed due to lack of support from BOTH parties. I have no idea why or how members from either party who choose not to support the measure came to that decision. Maybe they had good valid reasons. Maybe they are all scum and assholes.

A vote for impeachment would require a majority to affirm articles of impeachment in the House in order to move to a trial in the Senate and that would require some Republican votes to succeed in the House. I have no idea today if sufficient evidence were presented to move each and every Democrat to support impeachment that the measure would or would not receive any support from Republican members. I would guess that depends upon the evidence presented. I do not accept the argument that says you can't stand on of for your principles if you don't control the majority. I don't accept the argument that you have to have the majority to take the lead on a matter of this importance. That isn't leadership. That's an excuse for inaction. Standing on and for your principles doesn't allow for leading from behind. In this matter and for the time being, both parties are waiting on the Mueller investigation.

I do not know what is in the mind of each and every member of either the House or the Senate nor to I claim to know what is in the heart and mind of every citizen and registered voter in this country. I am not the one saying that everyone who doesn't see things the way I see things is "scum" or an "asshole" or puts "party ahead of country". I never questioned the motives of those who voted for Hillary. I never questioned the motives of people who voted for Trump. I just didn't happen to agree with them.

You are dancing around. Why can't you answer the simple questions? When you asked me to, I went and answered each and every question of yours.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

You are dancing around. Why can't you answer the simple questions? When you asked me to, I went and answered each and every question of yours.

Not dancing at all. I believe I answered your questions. If not ask whatever I missed again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not dancing at all. I believe I answered your questions. If not ask whatever I missed again.

You never answered any of them, you danced around them. No, I'm not going to ask them again, you're an adult. Please go back, they're not hard to find. They were yes or no questions. I remember not long ago you complained that I wasn't answering your questions, so I went back and SPECIFICALLY answered them. Why? I'm not afraid to answer them. I don't play such childish games. I do wish to have your yes-or-no answers on record on these issues.

And I have one more, because I REALLY want you on record in case it happens. What will you say if Trump fires Mueller? Don't give me that "that will never happen" bullshit. We don't know what Trump will do. Will you accept it if he does? Yes or no?

I don't want to hear that "It can't happen" bullshit, because Nixon went through three people before he found a man willing to fire Archibald Cox, a man that would do it for a promise of a spot on the Supreme Court, a promise that Ronald Reagan later tried to fulfill.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:29 am 
Board Emeritus

Former Minnesota Governor Says Franken Shouldn’t Resign Yet
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/12/1 ... signation/

On Sunday, Carlson published a blog post where he said while he is not always in agreement with Franken, that he firmly believe in the legal due process and that the Senator should not resign right now.

[snip][end]

Former Gov. Carlson was a Republican.

So for those who say I can't agree with Republicans - well on this, I definitely agree with this one. Franken should go to an Ethics hearing. As I said, if he is willing & able, so should Conyers.

Incidentally, I have no double standards. Franks and Farenthold should get one also. I believe one should be convened for Moore if he is elected. Obviously, I can't force anybody who would rather resign than face the hearing to do so - I just think it's the right thing to do.

Unfortunately, there is no ethics committee in the executive branch. As we all know, there is only one remedy for unethical/illegal conduct as chief executive.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Mario Batali steps away from business, TV show amid sexual misconduct allegations

Celebrity chef Mario Batali is stepping away from his restaurant business and ABC television show amid allegations of sexual misconduct.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/11/media/m ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut

If zero tolerance means putting your hand on a woman's waist while taking a photo will be treated exactly the same as rape ... well, now, that doesn't seem rational or fair. Don't get me wrong. I understand where Gillibrand is coming from, it's unfortunate but true that too many women were ignored while people like Harvey Weinstein got away with a lot of crap ... that said, due process remains, rush to judgement can still be bad, and while accusers must be heard, it doesn't mean they must all - prior to evidence being examined - be believed.

Zero tolerance became our policy toward drugs under Reagan, and it resulted in a lot of silly and foolish policies; mandatory minimums, asset forfeiture, searches of kid's lockers at school. Yeah, it makes you sound morally self-righteous, but practically, it's bad policy.

I am not "attacking" Gillibrand but I am critiquing her viewpoint that all incidents must be treated equally. Even if the perpetrators are public figures or politicians. That prevents us from looking at the context and circumstances of every case. Politicians need to be held to a high standard of conduct, but the Ethics office recognizes some acts are worthy of censure, or fines, or dismissal from Congress. "It depends".

:arrow: You're not getting any argument from me on this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

That is a GoU tactic whenever he doesn't get the answer he wants he claims you didn't answer him.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Former Minnesota Governor Says Franken Shouldn’t Resign Yet
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/12/1 ... signation/

On Sunday, Carlson published a blog post where he said while he is not always in agreement with Franken, that he firmly believe in the legal due process and that the Senator should not resign right now.

[snip][end]

Former Gov. Carlson was a Republican.

So for those who say I can't agree with Republicans - well on this, I definitely agree with this one. Franken should go to an Ethics hearing. As I said, if he is willing & able, so should Conyers.

Incidentally, I have no double standards. Franks and Farenthold should get one also. I believe one should be convened for Moore if he is elected. Obviously, I can't force anybody who would rather resign than face the hearing to do so - I just think it's the right thing to do.

Unfortunately, there is no ethics committee in the executive branch. As we all know, there is only one remedy for unethical/illegal conduct as chief executive.

I would agree if the punishment for most offenses was going to be something more than a strongly worded letter placed in your personal file. Which is all Franken and the others would receive. I would like to see stripped of all committee membership for 6 months and chairmanship for 2 years. Basically made into a voting only member for a period of time.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

That is a GoU tactic whenever he doesn't get the answer he wants he claims you didn't answer him.

No tactic, he's dancing. Please, show me where he answered the yes or no questions. He danced away from them.

Last edited by gounion on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:31 pm 
Policy Wonk

And you just tuck and run away when you are confronted with questions that you refuse to answer. Your favorite thing to do run.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

New Yorker Cuts Ties With Ryan Lizza Over 'Improper Sexual Conduct'

The New Yorker on Monday announced it had “severed ties” with prominent political reporter Ryan Lizza over what the magazine called “improper sexual conduct.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-y ... d=SK216DHP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Marshall Faulk among NFL Network employees suspended amid sexual harassment allegations

A number of current and former NFL Network employees, including Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, have been suspended from their duties pending an investigation into disturbing sexual harassment allegations by a former employee.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ma ... d=SK216DHP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:46 am 
Board Emeritus

Okay well I guess there is no downside for Democrats taking the lead on this. There is absolutely no reason for them to wait on Republicans.

Joe plays dumb with the best of them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:02 pm 
Policy Wonk

joe is playing dumb? How an one tell.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not playing dumb at all. Just pointing out that that you and your party aren't leading if you and your party are waiting on Republicans to step up. That's called following Ike. "Leading from behind". That's not leadership. But what do you know?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

PBS suspends 'Tavis Smiley' following sexual misconduct investigation

PBS has suspended late-night talk show “Tavis Smiley” amid misconduct allegations against the show’s host.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainme ... re_twitter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

'Good Day LA' Anchor Steve Edwards' Abrupt Ousting Prompts Rumors

LOS ANGELES, CA — Steve Edwards, the longtime face of Fox11's "Good Day LA" has abruptly parted ways with the morning show after decades on the job.

https://patch.com/california/los-angele ... pts-rumors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson commits suicide on bridge in Mt. Washington

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, has committed suicide, Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37062873/kent ... washington

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:08 am 
Board Emeritus

Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson commits suicide on bridge in Mt. Washington

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, has committed suicide, Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37062873/kent ... washington

This was one of the dumb conservative whites calling Obama a monkey.

bye

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:17 am 
Board Emeritus

ABC Pulls Great American Baking Show Amid Harassment Claims Against Judge

No more baking over the holiday season.

http://people.com/tv/abc-pulls-great-am ... nst-judge/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:40 am 
Board Emeritus

Well, since we're using this thread (and others) as a "new accusations and allegations" thread (I'm almost thinking we should start one specifically for that.)

This morning, the newest accuseds are, according to the interwebz, Russell Simmons, Morgan Spurlock, and ... Tavis Smiley.

PBS suspends distribution of ‘Tavis Smiley’ amid misconduct allegations
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/pbs ... llegations

You may remember (those of us from there) we had quite a bit of discussion back on the RRMB of the "blame Obama" tour of Tavis Smiley and Cornel West.

Also, a new former aide of Blake Farenthold has come forward to accuse him of abusive & degrading conduct toward her.

The story with Trent Franks is getting weirder. It seems he offered one of his aides $5 million to be a pregnancy surrogate for him and his wife. Of course, he wanted to make the baby the old-fashioned way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Morgan Spurlock Posts Lengthy Sexual Harassment Mea Culpa: "I Am Part of the Problem"

The documentarian detailed multiple problematic encounters he's had throughout his life in a public post shared on his Twitter account.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... em-1067561

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:43 pm 
Policy Wonk

PBS suspends Tavis Smiley's show amid misconduct allegations; Host vows to fight claims

Quote:
........In a statement posted on his official Facebook page Wednesday night, Smiley said he was "as shocked as anyone else by PBS' announcement."

"I have never groped, coerced, or exposed myself inappropriately to any workplace colleague in my entire broadcast career, covering 6 networks over 30 years," he said. "Never. Ever. Never."

Smiley, 53, is a longtime radio commentator, TV talk show host and author. His 30-minute interview show, "Tavis Smiley," has aired weeknights on PBS since 2004.

He's known for addressing social justice issues, including race relations and poverty.

In his statement, Smiley said that "if having a consensual relationship with a colleague years ago is the stuff that leads to this kind of public humiliation and personal destruction, heaven help us."

He criticized PBS for its handling of the situation, saying he only learned about the investigation from former staffers and didn't get a proper chance to defend himself.

"This has gone too far. And, I, for one, intend to fight back," he said. "It's time for a real conversation in America, so men and women know how to engage in the workplace. I look forward to actively participating in that conversation.".....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Morgan Spurlock Posts Lengthy Sexual Harassment Mea Culpa: "I Am Part of the Problem"

The documentarian detailed multiple problematic encounters he's had throughout his life in a public post shared on his Twitter account.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... em-1067561

I don't know much about this guy but I read his statement. Of all the statements and apologies I have heard or read from folks who are caught up in these sexual misconduct/assault/harassment allegations, this is the best and most honest as far as I am concerned.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

He's a documentarian. Best known for "Super Size Me". No, get your mind out of the gutter, it's about McDonald's. :D

Other films include Where in the World is Osama bin Ladin, The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (about product placement in films), and he most recently did the series Inside Man for CNN in 2013.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next