RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:56 pm 
Policy Wonk

Dutoit has been relieved of duties by the Royal Philharmonic, though he is still on the payroll. His guest conductor gigs are being canceled worldwide.

The S.F. Symphony just cancelled a scheduled appearnance by Dutoit.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Cenk is in huge trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, I would say Uygur is in trouble. I looked into it and found that The Wrap is the source: https://www.thewrap.com/young-turks-cen ... en-flawed/

From there I followed a link to the Web Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20020607165 ... page41.htm There are pages upon pages of his sexual talk there.

On 5/14/99 Ungur wrote:

Quote:
I live in Miami now. There are an incredible amount of outrageously hot women here. In fact, there are more beautiful women here than any other city I have ever seen.

The only problem is that after seeing these girls every day and not being able to have sex with them, after awhile, you begin to lose your mind.

Don't get me wrong, I hook up a decent amount (defined as: at least make out with a new girl every six to eight weeks and have sex with a steady girl at least once a week), but it seems like there is a sea of tits here, and I am drinking in tiny droplets. I want to dive into the whole god damn ocean.

The waves keep pounding you every night on South Beach, and the more luscious the surf, and the more dry you are, the more insanity sets in.

On Friday night, I talked to approximately eleven different women at a new club on the beach. Most of them were unfairly beautiful. And I must admit I was fairly charming. Some even indicated I was cute, but alas, no results. The madness grows.

There are two problems, which I will get into greater detail on later. But for now, suffice it to say, they are: 1. Too many semi-professional whores in Miami. 2. The genes that God gave women.

1. In other places in the US, when I tell girls that I quit law to become a talk show host, they get excited, because it indicates I might actually be an interesting person that has done something unusual, and hence cool, thing with his life.

In Miami, it is seen as a clear decrease in earning potential, and is heavily frowned upon. I have never seen girls get so turned off as when I tell a Miami girl I no longer practice law. This reaction is sickening, in its depraved, whorish blatantness.

This happened again on Friday night when I told what seemed to a sweet 5th grade teacher my story. She lost all interest, quickly lost her sweet smile, and literally switched seats so as not to sit next to the man that threw away such good future earning potential.

2. Obviously, the genes of women are flawed. They are poorly designed creatures who do not want to have sex nearly as often as needed for the human race to get along peaceably and fruitfully.

That's as uncouth as what Trump said in that access Hollywood video. I read five or six pages of that kind of crap which are just as bad before I decided to stop. :|

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:38 pm 
Policy Wonk

Sexual harassment investigations of Detroit media personalities complete

Quote:
We now know the fate of all three Detroit media personalities who were accused of sexual harassment by a Detroit reverend in a Dec. 5 news conference.

The reverend, activist W.J. Rideout III, is now out of a radio job at 910 Superstation after leveling the ambiguous allegations on behalf of what he said were anonymous victims.

Stephen Henderson, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist called out, was removed as opinion editor at the Free Press last week. Today, we learned the fate of the last two men accused by Rideout — both of whom were with WXYZ-TV.

An internal probe launched by the station's parent company in response to the allegations has found that Stephen Clark, the station's former evening anchor, who recently retired, did not act inappropriately. Morning anchor Malcom Maddox, who was placed on leave following the allegations, was reinstated Friday, after the investigation determined his inappropriate behavior was limited to communications "that did not conform to company policy," for which he was already reprimanded with a two-week unpaid suspension in 2015.

Henderson, the only person to go down following Rideout's claims, was fired from his role at the Free Press after the paper's management said an internal investigation found he acted inappropriately. Henderson took to the WDET-FM show he hosts to clarify that vague wording this week, saying that, years ago, had made rejected advances toward a manager in another department and had had a sexually-themed conversation with an employee outside of the work.

The firing has resulted in some criticism of the Free Press. An opinion writer for the New York Times this week asked whether a milder penalty for Henderson would have sufficed.

"Don’t we have the moral capacity to distinguish between aggressive sexual predation and run-of-the-mill romantic bungling — between a pattern of abusive behavior and a good man’s uncharacteristic bad moments?" Bret Stephens wrote in a piece titled, "When #MeToo Goes Too Far.".............

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Singer files sex assault complaint against former Trump aide

WASHINGTON — A singer and potential congressional candidate said Tuesday that she has filed a sexual assault complaint against President Donald Trump's former campaign manager for hitting her twice on her buttocks during a Washington gathering in November.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBHofcj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:23 am 
Policy Wonk

It's funny that all of this is happening. After all, this is part of the lust of power. We knew much of this was happening, but I doubt many expected that it would collapse like a house of cards.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:30 am 
Board Emeritus

BTW, what Cenk said about Miami women is, of course, a stereotype. :mrgreen:

BTW, I'm not asking him to step down from Young Turks for it. If he harassed TYT employees or showed similar attitudes more recently, publicly ... different matter. (That's not to say Cenk and I don't have our differences. But y'all know that.)

But back to thread subject. I know this is fait accompli and Al's not changing his mind about resignation. Still, I will point this out.

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pol ... lly-women/

-50% of voters think he should not resign, to only 42% who think he should go through with his planned resignation. There is little appetite from Democratic voters at the state level for Franken to go, with 71% opposing his departure. A majority of independents- 52%- as well think he should not resign, with just 41% favoring his exit.

-Franken remains well above average in popularity for a Senator, with 53% of voters approving of the job he’s doing to 42% who disapprove. PPP rarely finds Senators with majority approval in their home states. Franken’s continued popularity is being driven especially by women. 57% of them like the job he’s doing to 37% who don’t. By contrast Donald Trump stands at 40/58 with women in the state (*).

-Minnesotans don’t like how the process with Franken’s resignation has played out. 60% think the Senate Ethics Committee should have completed its investigation (including 79% of Democrats and 61% of independents) before any decision was made about Franken’s future, while only 35% think he should resign immediately. Beyond that 76% of Minnesota voters think their voices should have been more important in determining whether Franken stayed in the Senate or not, to only 12% who think that should have been determined more by his fellow Senators in Washington.

[snip][end]

(*) I'd say it's cuz they know the difference between a predatory pig who harassed women who worked for him and heck his own daughter, and somebody who showed some lapses of judgement.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Statehouse sexual harassment tally: At least 18 lawmakers gone or punished

WASHINGTON — The movement that has empowered women across the country to levy sexual assault and harassment allegations against powerful men continues to snowball, causing an uprising in many industries, including state politics.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/nati ... d-20171227

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sexual-Harassment Scandals Are Reshaping CEO Searches

Corporate boards have begun taking a tougher stance in vetting CEO candidates out of fear that the scourge of sexual misconduct may reach the corner office.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/compa ... ar-BBHoVUF

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Pistons guard Avery Bradley reportedly paid settlement to sexual assault accuser, denies any wrongdoing

Pistons guard Avery Bradley has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman while she was passed out drunk last spring during the NBA playoffs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3725718

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

UC regent resigns amid criticism over offensive remark

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A University of California regent who was caught on tape last year asking an employee if he could hold her breasts has decided to resign amid growing calls that he step down.

http://www.chron.com/news/education/art ... o-14765077

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:10 pm 
Policy Wonk

Candidate for John Conyers' seat sues Gov. Snyder over special election date

Quote:
A candidate who wants to replace U.S. Rep. John Conyers in Congress has filed a federal lawsuit against Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder, alleging the 11-month delay in holding a special election to fill the vacant seat is unconstitutional.

Michael Gilmore, a Detroit attorney who is one of several Democratic candidates seeking to replace Conyers, filed the lawsuit Thursday on behalf of five voters who live in the 13th Congressional District.

Conyers, D-Detroit, who was the longest-serving current member of Congress at the time, announced his retirement and resigned in early December. Conyers cited health reasons, but his announcement followed a wave of sexual harassment allegations from former employees.

On Dec. 8, Snyder announced that special primary and general elections to choose Conyers' successor would be held on the already scheduled primary and general election dates — Aug. 7 and Nov. 6 respectively.

Snyder cited cost savings for choosing the dates and the Democratic chairman of the 13th Congressional District, Jonathan Kinloch, said he supported and advocated for the dates Snyder chose.

But the lawsuit alleges the delay violates voters' constitutional rights to due process, equal protection under the law and the rights to vote and political expression................

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Personally I can't stand Cenk but, do we really want to hold people accountable for what they said and did when they were 18. Unless he is lying and there is more recent evidence the PC Police are really out of control. This entire episode is turning into our generations Red Scare/ McCarthy hearings.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Personally I can't stand Cenk but, do we really want to hold people accountable for what they said and did when they were 18. Unless he is lying and there is more recent evidence the PC Police are really out of control. This entire episode is turning into our generations Red Scare/ McCarthy hearings.

No, the right has been doing this for decades.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, the right has been doing this for decades.

So that makes it OK, again I remind you about the left and Mitt Romney's offensive behavior at age 17. Maybe it is time to quit vetting people in order to destroy them and go back to vetting them in order to find out if they are really rotten.

Again, I could never pass a test that included things I did prior to age 24. Could you? I doubt it, not because you are rotten because you are normal. [at least in that aspect]

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:05 am 
Board Emeritus

So that makes it OK, again I remind you about the left and Mitt Romney's offensive behavior at age 17. Maybe it is time to quit vetting people in order to destroy them and go back to vetting them in order to find out if they are really rotten.

Again, I could never pass a test that included things I did prior to age 24. Could you? I doubt it, not because you are rotten because you are normal. [at least in that aspect]

As I've told you before, and you ignored, my problem with Romney is that he stole pensions from working people and left them with nothing to enrich himself.

And you didn't mind when the right attacked John Kerry's military record, either.

So I call bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:12 pm 
Policy Wonk

T.V. Judge Greg Mathis considering run for Rep. John Conyers' House seat

Quote:
The former 36th District Court judge turned television judge Greg Mathis may be considering a run for Rep. John Conyers' House seat.

Conyers wanted his son to replace him, and his nephew has gotten the attention of the Democratic party. Meanwhile, Mathis, 57, has been asked to consider running for the seat, and he is considering it.......

need someone who understands the region its dysfunctions and needs, and cares deeply about the people. think Judge Mathis fits all of those.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:40 am 
Board Emeritus

Arizona fires head coach Rich Rodriguez after claims of sexual harassment couldn’t be substantiated

That didn’t take long.

Earlier Tuesday night, a report surfaced that Arizona was weighing whether to fire Rich Rodriguez as head coach ahead of a lawsuit expected to be filed this week. Not long after, the university confirmed that it has parted ways with Rodriguez.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... rodriguez/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

#timesup

https://www.timesupnow.com/

Quote:
From 2007 to 2016, 4% of top-grossing directors were female. Just 7 were women of color. 1 in 1,114 directors across 1,000 movies was Latina.

Source: LeanIn.org and McKinsey & Company, “Women in the Workplace,” 2017

There is a LOT more to it. This could actually go somewhere, being the next step of #metoo.

Good on 'em.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

She's baaaaaaaack ..... :roll:

Michele Bachmann tells televangelist she might run for Al Franken’s Senate seat
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act ... 6eeae6c71c

Former U.S. representative Michele Bachmann recently announced on a televangelist’s show that she is mulling a run for Al Franken’s U.S. Senate seat. Franken officially resigned Tuesday over allegations of sexual misconduct that emerged in late 2017.

Bachmann, who has five children and fostered 23 children, has become somewhat of a hero in some conservative circles, taking the stage at several conservative Christian conferences, including the Family Research Council’s Values Voters Summit. She was part of President Trump’s evangelical advisory council during his campaign.

Bachmann, who served Minnesota’s 6th Congressional District from 2007 to 2015, became the first Republican woman to be elected to the U.S. House from Minnesota. She was one of the final six Republican candidates in the 2012 presidential election. She was investigated by congressional committees over allegations of campaign finance violations by her presidential campaign and did not seek reelection in 2014.

[snip]

Minnesota Lt. Gov. Tina Smith will sit in Franken’s seat until a special election in November for someone to serve out the final two years of his term. State Sen. Karin Housley, a Republican, is already in the race. Former governor Tim Pawlenty, an outspoken evangelical and a Republican, is seen as another potential contender.

[snip]

“The Jim Bakker Show” is an hour-long daily broadcast featuring “prophetic and biblical revelations” and regularly advertises products like apparel and jewelry. As Bachmann was speaking, an ad running across the bottom of the screen pitched a year’s worth of food for $650 or nine years’ worth of food for $3,700. Bakker has urged his followers to stock up on food, saying that this generation will experience a rapture and that Christians must be prepared for difficult times.

Ahead of her run for the 2012 presidential nomination, Bachmann said she left her Lutheran church for a church that is part of the Evangelical Free Church of America in Minnesota. Her former church was part of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, which received media attention for calling the papacy the Antichrist. She has called herself a “spirit-filled Christian,” meaning she considers herself a part of the charismatic movement, which is known for emphasizing practices such as healing services and speaking in tongues.

[snip][end]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Former U.S. representative Michele Bachmann recently announced on a televangelist’s show that she is mulling a run for Al Franken’s U.S. Senate seat. Franken officially resigned Tuesday over allegations of sexual misconduct that emerged in late 2017.

Bachmann, who has five children and fostered 23 children, has become somewhat of a hero in some conservative circles, taking the stage at several conservative Christian conferences, including the Family Research Council’s Values Voters Summit. She was part of President Trump’s evangelical advisory council during his campaign.

Bachmann, who served Minnesota’s 6th Congressional District from 2007 to 2015, became the first Republican woman to be elected to the U.S. House from Minnesota. She was one of the final six Republican candidates in the 2012 presidential election. She was investigated by congressional committees over allegations of campaign finance violations by her presidential campaign and did not seek reelection in 2014.

[snip]

Minnesota Lt. Gov. Tina Smith will sit in Franken’s seat until a special election in November for someone to serve out the final two years of his term. State Sen. Karin Housley, a Republican, is already in the race. Former governor Tim Pawlenty, an outspoken evangelical and a Republican, is seen as another potential contender.

[snip]

“The Jim Bakker Show” is an hour-long daily broadcast featuring “prophetic and biblical revelations” and regularly advertises products like apparel and jewelry. As Bachmann was speaking, an ad running across the bottom of the screen pitched a year’s worth of food for $650 or nine years’ worth of food for $3,700. Bakker has urged his followers to stock up on food, saying that this generation will experience a rapture and that Christians must be prepared for difficult times.

Ahead of her run for the 2012 presidential nomination, Bachmann said she left her Lutheran church for a church that is part of the Evangelical Free Church of America in Minnesota. Her former church was part of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, which received media attention for calling the papacy the Antichrist. She has called herself a “spirit-filled Christian,” meaning she considers herself a part of the charismatic movement, which is known for emphasizing practices such as healing services and speaking in tongues.

[snip][end]

Spirit filled loon. Which means nothing to this electorate. She’ll run and she’ll bleat something about God’s will which Housley and Pawlenty will feel obligated to top. And the country will be treated to politicians out-Godding each other.

Again.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

Dominionism

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:05 am 
Board Emeritus

[snip]

[snip]

[snip][end]

Good, not that I was worried that we'd lose that seat, this news just make me feel more secure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:40 am 
Board Emeritus

CBS News fires political director amid allegations of 'inappropriate behavior'

CBS News said Wednesday that it has fired its political director, Steve Chaggaris, amid allegations of "inappropriate behavior" in his past.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/03/media/c ... index.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

X-Men spin-off Legion officially removes producer Bryan Singer

Bryan Singer will no longer be producing the X-Men spin-off TV series Legion.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/x-men/news ... an-singer/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next