RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:39 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump administration forbids CDC officials from using 7 words and phrases.

The 7 forbidden words are: "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "transgender," "fetus," "evidence-based" and "science-based."

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:16 am 
Board Emeritus

Too bad we don't have George Carlin around to do a comedy routine based upon that. I'm sure someone will do it. Someone funnier than I am.

But truthfully, good that Carlin isn't around to see Trump as President. His head would explode.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:17 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, well, the FCC banned dirty/swear words.

The Trump administration, true to form, is banning the CDC from using scientific terminology. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

How about making seven words and phrases they can use instead like:

1. Vulnerable is now susceptible.

2. Entitlement is now benefit.

3. Diversity is now variety.

4. Transgender is now differential gender.

5. Fetus is now prenatal human being.

6. Evidence-base is now truth-based.

7. Science-based is now factual-based.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Too much hair on fire, not enough context. I didn't believe the report when I first saw it, and now its coming out that the report is overblown. The Washington post and ABC news is already walking the story back. This TV news report is blending those reports together so I'm using it.

http://wkrn.com/2017/12/16/hhs-disputes ... and-fetus/

I turns out "policy analysts at the CDC were told in a meeting Thursday to not use certain words in any official documents for preparing for the budget for fiscal year 2019."

Quote:
In response to ABC News’ request for comment from the CDC, an HHS spokesperson responded in a statement.

“The assertion that HHS has ‘banned words’ is a complete mischaracterization of discussions regarding the budget formulation process,” the HHS statement said. “HHS will continue to use the best scientific evidence available to improve the health of all Americans. HHS also strongly encourages the use of outcome and evidence data in program evaluations and budget decisions.”

The Post reported that, according to a source, policy analysts were given some phrases to use instead of the prohibited words, such as instead of saying “science-based” or “evidence-based” using the phrase, “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes.”

It's pretty obvious why they're strategically optimizing their budget documents, because they want their budget requests to not run afoul of Trump's half witted bugaboos over some words.

The CDC will continue to use the words in normal day to day work they do, and on web pages and published studies and such.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Too much hair on fire, not enough context. I didn't believe the report when I first saw it, and now its coming out that the report is overblown.

Easy to see how much Sam really enjoys defending the deranged animal. Closeted trumper.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Easy to see how much Sam really enjoys defending the deranged animal. Closeted trumper.

Defending Trump??? Sometimes you're out of line Ike. :|

I'm defending reason and reality.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:19 am 
Board Emeritus

The politically-correct BLM Soros economic coastal elite left is always trying to censor our free speech! like when we want to carry our tiki torches on campus, and stuff!

It's OUR RIGHT to call them niggers and faggots and jooos and whores, why not that's what the rappers talk about and look how RICH they are!!!!!

This will show those snowflake social justice warriors!

Some of our favorite lawyers are Jews!!

/sarcasm

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Too much hair on fire, not enough context. I didn't believe the report when I first saw it, and now its coming out that the report is overblown. The Washington post and ABC news is already walking the story back. This TV news report is blending those reports together so I'm using it.

http://wkrn.com/2017/12/16/hhs-disputes ... and-fetus/

I turns out "policy analysts at the CDC were told in a meeting Thursday to not use certain words in any official documents for preparing for the budget for fiscal year 2019."

It's pretty obvious why they're strategically optimizing their budget documents, because they want their budget requests to not run afoul of Trump's half witted bugaboos over some words.

The CDC will continue to use the words in normal day to day work they do, and on web pages and published studies and such.

Well, hopefully.

But what you quoted is worth paying attention to, if you are a member of any or all of the communities included in "vulnerable, transgender, science-based," etc.

Quote:
In response to ABC News’ request for comment from the CDC, an HHS spokesperson responded in a statement.

“The assertion that HHS has ‘banned words’ is a complete mischaracterization of discussions regarding the budget formulation process,” the HHS statement said. “HHS will continue to use the best scientific evidence available to improve the health of all Americans. HHS also strongly encourages the use of outcome and evidence data in program evaluations and budget decisions.”

The Post reported that, according to a source, policy analysts were given some phrases to use instead of the prohibited words, such as instead of saying “science-based” or “evidence-based” using the phrase, “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes.”

This is neo-Confederate thinking.

Of course, the begged question is whose "community".

Yes I'm sure the CDC, HHS, etc., are going to suddenly start employing lgbtq community slang for trans persons instead of simply the word "transgender", or start saying "po' folx" instead of "vulnerable," according to "community standards and wishes".

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :problem: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:50 am 
Board Emeritus

How about making seven words and phrases they can use instead like:

1. Vulnerable is now susceptible.

2. Entitlement is now benefit.

3. Diversity is now variety.

4. Transgender is now differential gender.

5. Fetus is now prenatal human being.

6. Evidence-base is now truth-based.

7. Science-based is now factual-based.

Nah, how about leaving these words intact, and using them anyway, Trump be damned.

(Entitlements are not benefits, by the way.)

This whole topic belongs in Conservative Political Correctness. :problem:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:29 am 
Board Emeritus

Glen? Here is a nice place to start showing some balance.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 am 
Board Emeritus

Ahhh, so these words aren't banned in reports for external consumption, but they are telling people not to use them in internal reports because they might offend Dick-Tater Trump.

It makes me feel so much better the thought policing/thoughtcrime is only internal to the dictatorship, errr, administration. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:01 am 
Board Emeritus

Defending Trump??? Sometimes you're out of line Ike. :|

Reason and reality? The best I can say about you Sam is that you're primary purpose around here is being a contrary pain in the ass.

Ahhh, so these words aren't banned in reports for external consumption, but they are telling people not to use them in internal reports because they might offend Dick-Tater Trump.

It makes me feel so much better the thought policing/thoughtcrime is only internal to the dictatorship, errr, administration. :roll:

Of course,

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Glen? Here is a nice place to start showing some balance.

Gladly, I heard one report that said it is the cdc banning the words in order to keep RW extremist from trashing programs. Makes sense to me.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:15 am 
Board Emeritus

Gladly, I heard one report that said it is the cdc banning the words in order to keep RW extremist from trashing programs. Makes sense to me.

And you believed it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

And you believed it?

Glen believes that Republican politicians are interested in his well being. Glen will believe just about anything.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nah, how about leaving these words intact, and using them anyway, Trump be damned.

(Entitlements are not benefits, by the way.)

This whole topic belongs in Conservative Political Correctness. :problem:

I agree but my point was to use synonyms to say the same thing. It's like calling someone a jerk because they don't like to be called a bastard even though it means the same thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:52 am 
Policy Wonk

verbocracy, semantic fog, logicide and labelmania is what Meerloo called it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 am 
Board Emeritus

In what way does that make sense?

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:42 am 
Board Emeritus

In what way does that make sense?

First of all glen is trying to sneak his usual bullshit past the rest of us with this inane post. The CDC isn't banning any words. The people at the CDC are enraged that the administration is attempting to censor the descriptive clinical language they use. Trump is banning the words. And now, glen is going to try to convince us that Trump is banning the words to protect us from right wing extremists.

I'm sure it makes sense to him...just not to anybody else on the planet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:46 am 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:arrow: OMG~!! George Carlin! I guess that is the first thing everyone thought of~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here's what you're defending, Sam.

Quote:
Of course, denying that there is a "banned words" list is far different from denying that recommendations have been given about what exact words to use when making budget proposals -- proposals that secure the funding to keep research and programs alive (or not). - CNN

You're defending the subversive abrogation of the proper functioning of one of the critical components of American Government that contributes to the health and well being of all Americans, through the acts of a deranged animal demagogue pandering to right-wingjob theocrats and delusional religious zealots. (The latter likely to not be much of a problem with you.)

Try paying some attention to some actual reason and reality before you open your festering piehole. Your bullshit know-it-all act and braindead serial contradiction gets older by the day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here's what you're defending, Sam.

You're defending the subversive abrogation of the proper functioning of one of the critical components of American Government that contributes to the health and well being of all Americans, through the acts of a deranged animal demagogue pandering to right-wingjob theocrats and delusional religious zealots. (The latter likely to not be much of a problem with you.)

Try paying some attention to some actual reason and reality before you open your festering piehole. Your bullshit know-it-all act and braindead serial contradiction gets older by the day.

Well Ike you have two choices:

You can continue to bleat like a braying jackass.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Or you can read this article and perhaps come to the conclusion I came to yesterday which is there was "Too much hair on fire, not enough context," in the initial reporting.

CDC can say ‘fetus,’ insists there’s no ban on words

Quote:
In a statement sent to NBC News on Monday, CDC Director Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald pushed back against reports that the agency had prohibited use of the words "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "transgender," "fetus," "evidence-based" and "science-based."

"The CDC remains committed to our public health mission as a science- and evidence-based institution, providing for the common defense of the country against health threats. Science is and will remain the foundation of our work," Fitzgerald said. "As I have said previously, there are no banned, prohibited or forbidden words at the CDC — period."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ds-n830881

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

oh, did they forget the word "women"....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
Fitzgerald said. "As I have said previously, there are no banned, prohibited or forbidden words at the CDC — period."

Dr. Fitzgerald wants to keep her job, numbnuts.