RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: bye
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lol he still doesn't know who Dante "Tex" Gill is. If he did, he'd have to take back this ridiculous idea that a movie about that person is meant to educate the ignorant masses about trans persons.

And yeah as long as the white straight gets the part, that's all white supremacists care about -- them getting the biggest and best of everything.

I know who Tex Gill is l also know a decade or so ago Hollywood made a movie where a coke dealer was potraited in a sympathetic light. Plus as I recall the protest wasnt because Gill ran a jack shack. It was because a trans actor wasnt staring.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know who Tex Gill is

Well yes you do, now, after a month of my encouraging you to look that person up.

Quote:
l also know a decade or so ago Hollywood made a movie where a coke dealer was potraited in a sympathetic light. Plus as I recall the protest wasnt because Gill ran a jack shack. It was because a trans actor wasnt staring.

Yea you still don't get it. We LGBTQs do not need benevolent, "sympathetic" portrayals that are based in white hetero paternalism.

White hetero paternalism, e.g. the idea that trans persons have to depend on "big names" to carry a movie and be a box-office draw, is damaging to LGBTQs and especially trans people. It's designed to be. We're not dependent on whites or heterosexuals, and you're not owed anything.

Read the Variety cover story, which will verify everything I said last month and better yet, it is from the perspective of trans performers and not a cis person like me. If you are truly concerned about the issue of "sympathetic" portrayals, you can watch Pose and learn from it. It's an amazing show that will open your eyes about not just Black and Latino trans people but some of the things folks like me and Izzy had to deal with under your Saint Ronald Utopia of Bigoted, Racist, Anti-Brown, Anti-Black, Anti-AIDS Epidemic Conservatism.

There's also a very strong Trump Tower component. This show is going to get a ton of Emmy noms.

Transgender Actors Roundtable: Laverne Cox, Chaz Bono and More on Hollywood Discrimination

https://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/pose

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 am 
Board Emeritus

An Arkansas police officer is fired after telling a group of black men 'you don't belong in my city'

(CNN) An Arkansas police officer has been fired after telling a group of African-American men that "you don't belong in my city."

The July 21 encounter with England Police Officer Mike Moore was captured on video by one of the men, Demarcus Bunch, and posted on Facebook on Tuesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/us/arkan ... index.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:02 am 
Board Emeritus

North Carolina ferry employees suspended for flying 'Trump 2020' flag on state-owned ship: report

A captain and one crew member in North Carolina’s ferry system have reportedly been suspended for flying a pro-Trump flag on a state-operated ship.

The two employees from the MV Frisco ferry were suspended for one week, according to The Associated Press.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -2020-flag

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:46 am 
Board Emeritus

FBI Agent Peter Strzok Fired Over Anti-Trump Text Messages

WASHINGTON ― FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok, who was taken off special counsel Robert Mueller’s team after his texts disparaging President Donald Trump were discovered by Justice Department investigators, has been fired from the bureau despite the recommendations of a career FBI official.

Aitan Goelman, Strzok’s attorney, said in a statement that Strzok was fired late Friday afternoon despite a FBI career official’s recommendation that Strzok face a 60-day suspension and a demotion.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-agent-pe ... on-brknews

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ruby Rose Leaves Twitter After ‘Batwoman’ Critics Say She’s Not Gay Enough

Ruby Rose has gone dark on Twitter after a torrent of social media derision followed news that she’d been cast in “Batwoman.”

The actress’s Twitter account on Monday appeared to have been deactivated, days after she announced she’d been cast as “Batwoman” in The CW’s “Arrowverse.” She also deactivated public comments on her Instagram account.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ru ... 0743cbbbbd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ruby Rose Leaves Twitter After ‘Batwoman’ Critics Say She’s Not Gay Enough

Ruby Rose has gone dark on Twitter after a torrent of social media derision followed news that she’d been cast in “Batwoman.”

The actress’s Twitter account on Monday appeared to have been deactivated, days after she announced she’d been cast as “Batwoman” in The CW’s “Arrowverse.” She also deactivated public comments on her Instagram account.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ru ... 0743cbbbbd

TF are they talking about? She's been out forever

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:13 am 
Board Emeritus

The employee was suspended for kicking the girls out

Black Girls Asked to Leave Jersey Shore Gift Shop in Alleged Racist Incident

A group of black girls from a summer camp were told they weren’t welcome in an aquarium gift shop in an incident one of the women who runs the camp claims was racially motivated.

Attiyya Barrett, who helps runs a program called Princess to Queenz, told News 4 New York seven girls from the program went into the gift shop at Jenkinson’s Aquarium, in Point Pleasant Beach, on Friday and were told by an employee that they couldn’t be there without a chaperone.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/B ... wt_NYBrand

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

The employee was suspended for kicking the girls out

Black Girls Asked to Leave Jersey Shore Gift Shop in Alleged Racist Incident

A group of black girls from a summer camp were told they weren’t welcome in an aquarium gift shop in an incident one of the women who runs the camp claims was racially motivated.

Attiyya Barrett, who helps runs a program called Princess to Queenz, told News 4 New York seven girls from the program went into the gift shop at Jenkinson’s Aquarium, in Point Pleasant Beach, on Friday and were told by an employee that they couldn’t be there without a chaperone.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/B ... wt_NYBrand

bye

‘Racist’ employee fired after kicking black girls out of gift shop - Uncle Rupert Post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

good

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Alex is having a bad week oh well.

FCC shuts down Alex Jones' pirate flagship radio station

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The Federal Communications Commission has shut down a pirate radio station that served as the flagship outlet for conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.

The Austin American-Statesman reports the FCC also has fined the station's operators $15,000 — a fine the FCC says in a lawsuit the operators are refusing to pay.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/texas ... 159223.php

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

T-Paw.

A most milquetoast man.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:48 am 
Board Emeritus

Your loss ABC.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ‘BLACK-ISH’? KENYA BARRIS SIGNS EIGHT-FIGURE NETFLIX DEAL

Black-ish creator Kenya Barris signed a three-year deal with streaming platform Netflix. The contract is worth eight figures, Shadow and Act reported Thursday. Barris confirmed the deal with the site.

The deal comes after a failing relationship between Barris and black-ish network ABC. On July 27, Barris and the network came to a deal that would allow him to leave his contract in August, three years ahead of schedule, according to The New York Times.

https://www.newsweek.com/what-will-happ ... al-1077442

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:47 am 
Board Emeritus

BLACKISH on Netflix could really shake shit up.

I cant watch most network shows anymore simply due to the FCC limitations, spoiled by streaming options like Netflix and Amazon Prime. But a show like that with that attitude and no FCC limitations, WATCH OUT!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Networks are SO twentieth century. They're reviving all these old shows because that's the last time they were really all that relevant in TV programming. People actually did sit down and watch NBC sitcoms for two hours.

It's way more diffuse than that now.

I would imagine that streaming's Golden Age, which is what this is, will last about as long as network TV's did. Then the money changers will invade the Temple.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Networks are SO twentieth century. They're reviving all these old shows because that's the last time they were really all that relevant in TV programming. People actually did sit down and watch NBC sitcoms for two hours.

It's way more diffuse than that now.

I would imagine that streaming's Golden Age, which is what this is, will last about as long as network TV's did. Then the money changers will invade the Temple.

On cable, you can watch reruns from the Golden Age on channels such as Antenna TV, COZITV, LAFFTV, and Heroes & Icons.

A couple of years ago, the BBC was going to make all their old shows available for free on the internet but that never materialized. Pity, because I would have been all over that website.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bodycam video appears to show police officer having sex in his office

SUPERIOR, Arizona -- Newly released video appears to show a former law enforcement officer using his agency-issued body camera to record a sexual encounter with a woman in his office.

The incident reportedly occurred last year and involves Anthony Doran, who is seen in the video wearing his police-issued uniform, reported KNXV-TV.

https://abc7ny.com/video-seems-to-show- ... e/3982246/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:37 am 
Board Emeritus

NYPD fires officer in connection with off-duty shooting

The New York Police Department (NYPD) has reportedly fired an officer in connection with an off-duty shooting earlier this month, police said Friday.

The New York Post reported that Sgt. Ritchard Blake, 40, was terminated on Friday after NBC's New York affiliate reported a video that appears to show Blake planting a knife alongside 21-year-old Thavone Santana after the Aug. 2 shooting occurred.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch ... y-planting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Everything you need to know about the EU halogen light bulb ban next month

Sales of of halogen light bulbs are predicted to surge over the next two weeks ahead of the European Union’s ban on the sale of the bulbs which comes in at the beginning of next month. With both Tesco and Co-Op reporting an increase in sales – 44 per cent and 38 per cent respectively – in the weeks before the ban, it is thought we could see a rush of consumers heading to shops to stock up on halogen lights – believed by some to be brighter than the alternative LED versions – before EU energy rules come into effect on 1 September.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/halogen-light- ... d-to-know/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump speechwriter fired amid scrutiny of appearance with white nationalists

WASHINGTON - A White House speechwriter for President Donald Trump was terminated last week after revelations that he had spoken at a conference attended by well-known white nationalists, according to three people familiar with the decision who were not authorized to speak publicly.

Darren Beattie, who was a visiting instructor at Duke University before he joined the White House speechwriting team, was fired Friday after a media inquiry about his appearance at the 2016 H.L. Mencken Club conference, where Beattie spoke on a panel alongside Peter Brimelow.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Tru ... 167107.php

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Protesters topple Silent Sam Confederate statue at UNC - News Observer

Quote:
Protesters toppled the Silent Sam Confederate statue on the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill on Monday night.

The monument came down after 9:15 p.m. Monday. Earlier in the evening, protesters covered the statue with gray banners, erecting “an alternative monument” that said, in part, “For a world without white supremacy.”

The gathering downtown on Franklin Street started as a demonstration in solidarity with the UNC graduate student who faces criminal and honor court charges for throwing red ink and blood on the Confederate statue in April. It quickly became a march across the street to the UNC campus, where police officers stood at the monument.

A skirmish broke out when someone threw a smoke bomb into the crowd. Police chased one protester and arrested another for resisting, delaying and obstructing an officer. The unidentified man who was arrested may also face another charge of wearing a mask to a rally, a UNC police spokesman said.

bye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:04 am 
Board Emeritus

8 Fast-Food Companies Agree To End 'No-Poach' Agreements Under Threat Of Lawsuit

Eight restaurant chains have agreed to drop the use of agreements that prevent their workers from finding higher-paying jobs at other locations of the same chain, Washington state's attorney general said this week.

Applebee's, Church's Chicken, Five Guys, IHOP, Jamba Juice, Little Caesars, Panera and Sonic agreed to end the "no-poach" agreements immediately at all of their locations nationwide and to stop using the language in future franchise contracts in order to avoid lawsuits over the practice, according to the office of Washington state Attorney General Bob Ferguson.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/22/64077619 ... of-lawsuit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

See ya' Sam.

dumb bigot

Conservative white male mentality:

Quote:
I trust I may be pardoned for one allusion, howbeit it is rather personal. One hundred yards from where we stand, less than ninety days perhaps after my return from Appomattox, I horse-whipped a negro wench until her skirts hung in shreds, because upon the streets of this quiet village she had publicly insulted and maligned a Southern lady, and then rushed for protection to these University buildings where was stationed a garrison of 100 Federal soldiers. I performed the pleasing duty in the immediate presence of the entire garrison, and for thirty nights afterwards slept with a double-barrel shot gun under my head.

He seems nice.

But it circles perfectly around with: Stop Calling the Cops on Us

Conservative white males will get in a car and try to mow you down if you protest their demands for everyone else to pay for monuments to their mass murderers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:51 am 
Board Emeritus

Consultant fired amid anger over plan to shut polling places

ATLANTA — Officials have fired a consultant after widespread opposition erupted over a proposal to close most polling places in a predominantly black Georgia county, the county's lawyer said Thursday.

Randolph County lawyer Tommy Coleman gave The Associated Press a letter he sent Wednesday to consultant Mike Malone ending the contract. Coleman also wrote in the letter that he was enclosing a check to cover about $2,200 in fees invoiced by Malone.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/consu ... ar-BBMkZPT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:43 am 
Board Emeritus

Second Fox News reporter exits this month: ‘Unhappy with the tone of the conversation’

Fox News is down another seasoned reporter after news emerged that longtime correspondent Adam Housley would be leaving the network. The story was first reported in Politico late Thursday evening.

In their report Politico said that Housley, who had been with Fox News since 2001, was increasingly displeased by the growing prominence of pro-Trump opinion content.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainme ... /23508705/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next