RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: bye
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Three Applebee’s employees fired for racially profiling two African-American customers

Three Applebee's employees have been fired amid allegations that they racially profiled two African-American women dining at a location in Missouri over the weekend, company officials said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3816612

Hard to listen to that. Bye.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rep. Tom Rooney will not seek re-election

WASHINGTON – Florida Rep. Tom Rooney will not run for re-election, he announced on Monday.

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politic ... -election/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:23 am 
Board Emeritus

Haha

Milo Yiannopoulos Has Dropped His Lawsuit Against Simon & Schuster - Buzzfeed

Quote:
Alt-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos dropped his $10 million lawsuit against publisher Simon & Schuster on Tuesday, according to New York County Court documents and representatives for both parties. The case was dismissed with prejudice.

Yiannopoulos sued for breach of contract in July 2017 after the cancellation of his book Dangerous, claiming that Simon & Schuster violated the terms of their deal to publish following public outrage. Simon & Schuster claimed that the book had "substantial problems."

“We are pleased that Mr. Yiannopoulos’s lawsuit has been withdrawn, with prejudice, and with no payment from Simon & Schuster. We stand by our decision to terminate the publication of Mr. Yiannopoulos’s book," Simon & Schuster Director of Corporate Communications Adam Rothberg told BuzzFeed News.

Yiannopoulos, who had been representing himself in the lawsuit since January, posted a celebratory statement to his Facebook and Instagram pages explaining why he dropped the lawsuit.

"After finally being able to personally review the documents that Simon & Schuster disclosed, it was clear to me that they wrongfully terminated my contract in bad faith," he said.

"Having earned well over a million dollars from publishing my New York Times best-selling book Dangerous myself, it was always going to be hard to prove damages, as anyone who has ever hired a 'damages expert' will know. I don't want to spend all the money I made from my book, and the next two years of my life, on a lawsuit. I would rather use it to help other authors reach the conservative audience that Simon & Schuster hates so much (but is happy to profit from, naturally)."

shut
up
dumb
bigot

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:53 am 
Policy Wonk

So..... cj.....i love this vid.....it is salty and crass...... i am a huge fan of malcolm nance..... dude was a CTCS in the Navy..... I was an ETC in the Navy.... I never knew him..... but i have read intel that he has been involved in....not talking about shit that is in public yet..... military shit... not election shit. It is a bit long... 12 minutes..... Larry Wilmore fucks Milo up as well.

Malcolm Nance says after Milo starts talking about who should be President between Hillary and Trump...... Are you American?

Milo says no.....

Malcolm says..... Then FUCK OFF

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Teen Mom 2: MTV fires David Eason for homophobic tweets

MTV has fired a star of its reality show Teen Mom 2 for derogatory comments about gay and transgender people.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-43142044

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Legislative aide fired over email on Florida school shooting

TALLAHASSEE, FLA. A Florida state representative has apparently fired an aide who emailed a reporter a claim that two survivors of a South Florida school shooting were actors.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics ... 13189.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

So..... cj.....i love this vid.....it is salty and crass...... i am a huge fan of malcolm nance..... dude was a CTCS in the Navy..... I was an ETC in the Navy.... I never knew him..... but i have read intel that he has been involved in....not talking about shit that is in public yet..... military shit... not election shit. It is a bit long... 12 minutes..... Larry Wilmore fucks Milo up as well.

Malcolm Nance says after Milo starts talking about who should be President between Hillary and Trump...... Are you American?

Milo says no.....

If you typed the phrase “attention whore with no redeeming social value” in a google search box Milo’s face would appear. He isn’t real, he is a caricature and he knows it. Just another social media created waste of bandwidth and space. If people stopped paying attention to him he would wither like a pulled up thistle on a concrete sidewalk. (I fucking hate thistles.)

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Milo says no.....

That dumb bigot has a death wish. He knows he is following right in the footsteps of Ernst Rohm.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump: 'I'm thinking about' pulling ICE out of California - The Hill

bye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

NYU apologizes for racially insensitive menu for Black History Month meal; workers fired

NEW YORK — A racially insensitive menu for a Black History Month meal at New York University has led to a company apology and workers being fired.

http://pix11.com/2018/02/22/nyu-apologi ... ers-fired/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

See ya

First National Bank dumps NRA, will no longer issue NRA Visa card - TP

Quote:
On Tuesday, ThinkProgress reported that First National Bank was one of at least 22 corporations that the NRA says offer incentives to NRA members. The bank and its parent company did not respond to repeated inquires about whether last week’s horrific mass school shooting in Parkland, Florida, would cause it to reconsider its relationship with the group leading the charge to oppose gun violence prevention efforts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

NYU apologizes for racially insensitive menu for Black History Month meal; workers fired

NEW YORK — A racially insensitive menu for a Black History Month meal at New York University has led to a company apology and workers being fired.

http://pix11.com/2018/02/22/nyu-apologi ... ers-fired/

This happens on a yearly basis, now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Co- Founder of KIPP Terminated After Allegations of Misconduct - Diane Ravitch

:problem:

Quote:
KIPP released an announcement that co-founder Mike Feinberg has been terminated after an independent investigation of allegations of inappropriate conduct.

Feinberg denies the allegations.

:problem:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

California State Senator Tony Mendoza (D) from Los Angles is resigned before his colleagues were to decide on whether to expel him for sexual misconduct.
Raw Story

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

‘Racist’ statue of subjugated American Indian on way to removal from Civic Center - SF Gate

Quote:
Civic Center statue that depicts a conquering vaquero and a missionary standing over a fallen and nearly naked American Indian man is a step closer to being removed, after a unanimous decision Wednesday by the San Francisco Historic Preservation Commission.

The city Arts Commission had already agreed, also unanimously, to remove the “Early Days” sculpture from its pedestal at the base of the Pioneer Monument just east of City Hall. But the plan needed the preservation commission’s sign-off because it’s located in a historic district. The Arts Commission is expected to make a final decision in March or April.

Critics say the deeply controversial sculpture is offensive because hundreds of thousands of American Indians lost their lives as California was being settled by newcomers.

Later days.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Delta and United join list of companies to cut ties with the NRA

Two major airlines. A cybersecurity firm. Six car rental brands. A home security company. An Omaha bank. Companies have scrambled to cut ties with the National Rifle Association over the past couple of days, and the list continued to grow into the weekend.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/23/news/co ... index.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value

Snap Inc.’s flagship platform has lost some luster, at least according to one social-media influencer in the Kardashian-Jenner clan.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -one-tweet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Snap is not my favorite company, and the sooner it goes south the better. Bye.

----

It doesn't matter what that Milo mf says. We know that the people who consume TV, especially this kind of TV, aren't listening. Milo's mere presence on TV shows, or causing riots in Berkeley, is enough to establish notoriety. In this culture, notoriety is indistinguishable from fame. I would hazard a guess that Malcolm did 100 million times more for his country, but about ten million times more people have heard of Milo. If Milo shoots someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight, make that 100 million.

----

The elephant in the room is that a significant segment of overprivileged white conservative America had a collective hissy-fit when an African American got elected president. It really doesn't have to be any more complicated than that, but polite discourse seems to prevent us from saying so. But that's really it, you know.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:14 pm 
Policy Wonk

Ugh at the Preservation Commissions argument that we need to save offensive relics along with the good...ask him if he wants statues of holocaust ovens erected in front of buildings.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Don't give them ideas.

It appears that the "first they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they market to you" syndrome is not limited to the numbnuts at the LA Times.

BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43181337

Quote:
A marketing professor, Scott Galloway, told NBC News that in dropping ties to the NRA, companies were calculating what would be in the best interests of their business.

"The most valuable person in world of consumer business is an 18 year old. Their recent galvanization against the issue has made the NRA very uncool," he said.

Be that as it may, the list of companies that have at least temporarily distanced themselves from NRA is getting pretty impressive.

United
Delta
Symantec (Norton and LifeLock)
Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, Alamo, National, Budget car rental
Chubb
Metlife
SimpliSafe (who?)
1st National Bank of Omaha credit cards
Allied and North American van lines*
TelaDoc

*I've noticed that people going off to college hire moving vans... not

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

Last edited by ZoWie on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

Don't give them ideas.

Good point.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Snap is not my favorite company, and the sooner it goes south the better. Bye.

----

It doesn't matter what that Milo mf says. We know that the people who consume TV, especially this kind of TV, aren't listening. Milo's mere presence on TV shows, or causing riots in Berkeley, is enough to establish notoriety. In this culture, notoriety is indistinguishable from fame. I would hazard a guess that Malcolm did 100 million times more for his country, but about ten million times more people have heard of Milo. If Milo shoots someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight, make that 100 million.

----

The elephant in the room is that a significant segment of overprivileged white conservative America had a collective hissy-fit when an African American got elected president. It really doesn't have to be any more complicated than that, but polite discourse seems to prevent us from saying so. But that's really it, you know.

agree re: the elephant in the room. but it isn't the only elephant. the entire business concept of selling a brand as opposed to selling goods or services derives from the '80's and '90's. it is one of the end results of free market capitalism. you make nothing but sell image.

as for snap, who cares. if you are stupid enough to hold their shares you deserve to lose your money.

the decline of the u.s. will make Rome look like a cakewalk.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Elon Musk is stepping down from the $1 billion AI organization he helped found

Elon Musk is stepping down from the board of a $1 billion AI organisation he helped create.

http://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mus ... nai-2018-2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Not quite "bye," but we'll take it for now

In blow to Trump, Supreme Court won’t hear appeal of DACA ruling - NBC

Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court declined Monday to hear the Trump administration's appeal of a federal judge's ruling that requires the government to keep the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program going.

Under a lower court order that remains in effect, the Department of Homeland Security must continue to accept applications to renew DACA status from the roughly 700,000 young people, known as Dreamers, who are currently enrolled. The administration's deadline of March 5, when it intended to shut the program down, is now largely meaningless.

Monday's action by the Supreme Court leaves the DACA challenge pending before the California appeals court, where it is in the very early stages. The Justice Department has said it would take at least another year to get back to the Supreme Court for a decision on DACA's future.

If Congress acts in the meantime to extend the program or provide an alternative path to citizenship, the legal case would probably be dismissed. But prospects for a legislative solution have dimmed after repeated bi-partisan efforts failed to pass an immigration bill.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:46 am 
Board Emeritus

Another smackdown against the Stupid Bigot Administration, from the 2nd Circuit court

Sexual-Orientation Bias Violates Law, Appeals Court Says - Bloomberg

Quote:
The landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964, which bars workplace discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin and religion, covers lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees who complain that they’re discriminated against due to sexual preference, the federal appeals court in Manhattan said Monday.

At least two federal appeals courts have banned discrimination over sexual orientation, while a third appeals court has reached a different conclusion, setting up a possible Supreme Court appeal.

"Sexual orientation discrimination -- which is motivated by an employer’s opposition to romantic association between particular sexes -- is discrimination based on the employee’s own sex," the appeals court said.

The case was filed by a skydiving instructor, Donald Zarda, who claimed he was fired by Altitude Express Inc. because he was gay. He argued that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act covers sexual orientation. Zarda, who sued in 2010, died in a base-jumping accident in Switzerland in 2014. His estate and relatives carried on with the case.

The Trump administration filed a legal brief in support of the skydiving company, based on New York’s Long Island. The U.S. argued that courts must take legislative intent into consideration, and that Congress didn’t have the LGBT community in mind when it crafted the legislation.

The administration’s stance challenges a group of 50 companies and organizations -- including Microsoft Corp., Alphabet Inc.’s Google and Viacom Inc. -- that filed documents in June arguing discrimination based on sexual orientation should be illegal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next