RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: bye
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lol, silly, ridiculous Black con.

Didn't your parents ever tell you the people you're desperate to impress think of you as a natural rapist? Everyone is surprised calling white women skanks in public simply got you fired.

Hope he never works again - this GOP is going to turn us all into borderline violent.

Whether we like it or not, they are going to keep pushing until someone pushes BACK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rep. Greg Snowden arrested for refusal to take DUI test after getting into wreck

House Speaker Protem Greg Snowden was arrested and charged with DUI refusal on Thursday after running into the back of another car at a red light near his home in Meridian.

But Snowden, R-Meridian, said he wasn't drunk and hit the car because he was texting and looking at his phone about the Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court nomination hearings in Washington.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/new ... 448348002/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Super PAC aligned with GOP leaders axes funding for Bishop

Washington — A super political action committee backed by House Republican leaders says it's pulling funding for two-term Rep. Mike Bishop, who is facing a tough opponent in November.

The Congressional Leadership Fund, which has ties to House Speaker Paul Ryan, had reserved $2.1 million of television air time in Michigan to help defend Bishop, a Rochester Republican. Those reservations are now canceled.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 458921002/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sabarimala temple: India's top court revokes ban on women

India's Supreme Court has said women can no longer be barred from entering the Sabarimala temple, considered to be one of the holiest for Hindus.

The temple in Kerala barred women of a "menstruating age" - defined as between the ages of 10 and 50 - from entering.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-45652182

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

Elon Musk agrees to pay $20 million and quit as Tesla chairman in deal with SEC

Elon Musk agreed Saturday to step down as chairman of Tesla and pay a $20 million fine in a deal to settle charges brought this week by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Under the settlement, which requires court approval, Musk will be allowed to stay as CEO but must leave his role as chairman of the board within 45 days. He cannot seek reelection for three years, according to court filings.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/29/techno ... index.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Former Governor Sarah Palin’s Son Arrested on DV Assault, other Charges

The 29-year-old son of former governor, Sarah Palin was arrested and held without bail late Friday night after a disturbance call, troopers reveal.

Troopers responded to Track Palin’s residence on West Angela Drive in Wasilla at 10:37 pm Friday night and opened an investigation into the disturbance call involving Palin and an acquaintance of his.

https://alaska-native-news.com/former-g ... ges/37645/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here's why Disneyland is getting rid of its chairs and benches

SALT LAKE CITY — It might not be so easy to sit down at Disneyland anymore.

Where have the chairs gone: The OC Register reported Tuesday that Disneyland has decided to address its overcrowding problem by removing many of its seats from around the park. The decision, they say, will improve the guest flow.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... nches.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here's why Disneyland is getting rid of its chairs and benches

SALT LAKE CITY — It might not be so easy to sit down at Disneyland anymore.

Where have the chairs gone: The OC Register reported Tuesday that Disneyland has decided to address its overcrowding problem by removing many of its seats from around the park. The decision, they say, will improve the guest flow.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... nches.html

MOO!

It sounds to me like they hired someone from the livestock industry to help improve the flow through their gates, squeeze chutes, and on and off ramps to their rides.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Harvard Says Kavanaugh Won’t Be Teaching His Supreme Court Class In January - HP

Quote:
Harvard Law School dean John F. Manning informed students last week that, although he couldn’t say whether Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh would still be teaching his January class, called The Supreme Court Since 2005, the school was still taking its students’ concerns seriously. But now the school has told students that Kavanaugh’s course, which he’s been teaching since 2009, would not be offered in 2019.

dumb bigot

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:07 am 
Policy Wonk

:) I wonder if he lectured a lot about his love of beer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:19 am 
Board Emeritus

Billionaire VC Vinod Khosla Spent 8 Years Trying to Turn a Public Beach Into His Very Own. He Lost

California’s beaches are definitely, definitely public.

That’s the final result of a decade-long quest by one man to restrict access to Martin’s Beach, which his property abuts, reached when the Supreme Court declined to hear his appeal against a San Francisco appeals court decision. California law states that all beaches are public to the high tide line, and some access routes are grandfathered in even on private property.

http://fortune.com/2018/10/02/vinod-kho ... h-private/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Billionaire VC Vinod Khosla Spent 8 Years Trying to Turn a Public Beach Into His Very Own. He Lost

California’s beaches are definitely, definitely public.

That’s the final result of a decade-long quest by one man to restrict access to Martin’s Beach, which his property abuts, reached when the Supreme Court declined to hear his appeal against a San Francisco appeals court decision. California law states that all beaches are public to the high tide line, and some access routes are grandfathered in even on private property.

http://fortune.com/2018/10/02/vinod-kho ... h-private/

In California, beaches are primarily considered public property but there can be private beaches depending upon when the property was purchased. In Coronado, Ca., the historic Hotel del Coronado (Del) was built in 1888 and they own a small section of the one-mile plus long beach. There is really no problem with access because the road (Avenida del Sol) adjacent to the Del is open to the public allowing access to the Del's beach. Also, you can access the Del's beach from the Coronado beach and no one will stop you.

In the early 70s, a series of high rise condos (Coronado Shores) were built on the beach on the South-side of Avenue del Sol making them next door neighbor of the Del. Originally, there wasn't any public access to the beach behind the Shores and our neighbor, a lawyer, sued on behalf of the public, to force the Shores to provide public access and won. The Shores built a parking lot at the end of the entrance (Avenue De Las Arenas) to accommodate about 80 cars allowing the public access to the beach.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Someday you will all admit i have been right all along that it is ABSURD to allow any human being or company or corp or LLC to own DIRT, land, real property, etc.

Otherwise, what is stopping the Koch bros from a constitutional convention and making it so THEY can own Yellowstone, Waikiki Beach etc? Answer is NOTHING can stop them.

ALL land in a SANE World is owned by a collective and you can lease land for 100 years with an option to renew depending on your family etc., common sense.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Someday you will all admit i have been right all along that it is ABSURD to allow any human being or company or corp or LLC to own DIRT, land, real property, etc.

Otherwise, what is stopping the Koch bros from a constitutional convention and making it so THEY can own Yellowstone, Waikiki Beach etc? Answer is NOTHING can stop them.

ALL land in a SANE World is owned by a collective and you can lease land for 100 years with an option to renew depending on your family etc., common sense.

I doubt that, I doubt that day will ever come. But do enjoy having personal opinions about this, I don't mind them.

I don't see all that much difference between what we have now and what you propose with that 100 year lease scheme. As it stands now land ownership is in few cases making it all the way to 100 years without a change in ownership. And with the way people die off land ownership is somewhat limited in what it actually conveys. In most cases the land is taxed at about 2% per year, meaning that it's value has to be renewed every 50 years.

People like thinking they own their place. I would think ownership would cause some people to take better care of it too.

So I think your pipe dream is going to be rejected.

Now that doesn't mean I don't think a bunch of the inequality which currently infests our real estate market cannot be improved upon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

BUSTED: Ohio mayor caught on video using racial slurs to describe residents

Crestline, Ohio Mayor Allen Moore was caught on video using the N-Word multiple times to describe residents in his city. The conversation took place with Police Chief Joe Butler, and the video was recorded on Butler’s body camera.

Butler said he felt uncomfortable during the conversation and hired an attorney to investigate.

“I’m very disgusted and highly offended by Mayor Moore’s choice of words and feel that reporting his behavior could put my job as Crestline Police Chief in jeopardy,” Butler said. “The citizens of Crestline do not deserve this type of behavior nor should it stand in our society.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/busted ... ifications

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Just In: Atlanta’s Confederate streets get new names

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms signed a bill Wednesday officially renaming three city streets with Confederate in their names.

Confederate Avenue and East Confederate Avenue will be renamed United Avenue and United Avenue S.E., respectively and a third street, Confederate Court, will be renamed Trestletree Court, after apartment buildings that are on the street.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/just-atl ... CmemAygrM/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Georgia kicks baseball player off team after alleged racial slurs

On Wednesday, Georgia announced that first baseman Adam Sasser has been dismissed from the baseball team after he was being investigated for allegedly making slurs during the football game on Saturday in Athens.

The slurs were allegedly directed at Georgia quarterback Justin Fields.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-kick ... nMqg9xTkL/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Detroit Councilman Gabe Leland indicted in bribery conspiracy

Detroit Councilman Gabe Leland was indicted Thursday for allegedly soliciting bribes of $15,000 in cash and free auto body work from a local business owner in exchange for a political favor.

"A sitting member of the Detroit City Council engaging in bribery is an extreme breach of trust of the people of Detroit that badly undermines their faith in local government," U.S. Attorney Matthew Schneider said in a statement.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 520711002/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump supporter arrested for threatening to slaughter senators and their families for not supporting Brett Kavanaugh

Last week, James Patrick posted a credible threat on Facebook, saying he planned to shoot members of Congress depending on the outcome of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. The Florida man was arrested, yet, oddly enough, Facebook still hasn’t removed the post, The Ledger reported.

Patrick’s avatar is a handgun and his photos show conspiracy theories about Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, including a photo of a young woman (not Dr. Ford) with George Soros.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/trump- ... ifications

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Prison sentence handed down to ‘Suge’ Knight

A judge has sentenced Marion “Suge” Knight to 28 years in prison nearly four years after the former rap mogul killed a man with his truck.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Coen handed down the sentence as expected Thursday for running over and killing businessman Terry Carter outside a Compton burger stand in 2015.

https://apnews.com/37cd9ab1720543aa93e5 ... ce=Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Financial Times says Hong Kong denied editor’s visa renewal

HONG KONG Hong Kong authorities have refused to renew the work visa of a senior editor of the Financial Times, the newspaper said Friday, a move that came after he chaired a talk by a pro-independence activist that drew Beijing's ire.

Rights groups called the rejection the latest sign of Beijing's expanding restrictions on the semi-autonomous Chinese territory.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/busine ... 42760.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:28 am 
Board Emeritus

Mattress Firm files for bankruptcy

Online reviews have replaced going to a store to lie down on a mattress. That's why Mattress Firm, America's largest bed store, has filed for bankruptcy.

The chain said it plans to remain in business, but it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to get out of about 700 unfavorable leases. The company said it will quickly close 200 underperforming stores and make decisions about whether to close or maintain the other 500 stores in the coming weeks. It currently has more than 3,300 stores in the United States.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... smsnnews11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

One of these years Chuck will be voted out

Chuck Grassley says women won’t serve on Senate Judiciary Committee because it’s ‘a lot of work’

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) told a veteran female reporter that there aren’t more women on his committees because it’s “a lot of work.”

“It’s a lot of work,” Grassley told NBC’s Andrea Mitchell. “I mean don’t forget compared to a lot of committee meetings, we have an executive (session) for every Thursday … so it’s a lot of work.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/chuck- ... ifications

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh fuck no, republican Women will continue to support this piece of shit...i think less and less republican Women are born each year though

I know one in particular in my life, loves rump, opposes any Woman who says anything without male permission first.

Has a GAY daughter who is married and STILL supports rump.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:11 am 
Board Emeritus

KTTC reporter fired for wearing Trump hat at rally

A KTTC-TV reporter who wore a “Make America Great Again” hat to a Trump rally that he was covering has been fired.

James Bunner was a multimedia journalist for KTTC-TV in Austin. He wore the hat Thursday while covering President Donald Trump’s appearance in Rochester. Images of him wearing the hat began appearing on Twitter on Friday.

https://www.postbulletin.com/news/local ... b4a39.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next