RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Gossip is poisoned speech, Judaism regards it as Lashon Ha-Ra (evil speech), Navajo's regard it as being of the spirit of the coyote.

[from the wiki:]
Speech is considered to be lashon hara (detraction) if it says something negative about a person or party, is not seriously intended to correct or improve a negative situation, and is true.

[snip]

There are times when a person is permitted or even required to disclose information whether or not the information is disparaging. For instance, if a person’s intent in sharing negative information is for a to’elet, a positive, constructive, and beneficial purpose that may serve as a warning to prevent harm or injustice, the prohibition against lashon hara does not apply. Hotzaat shem ra, spouting lies and spreading disinformation, is always prohibited. It is important to note that even with positive intentions, there are many important limitations regarding when it is permitted to speak lashon hara.

[snip][end]

To be clear, I'm not sure about Wolff's motivations, which is key to what I've highlighted. He may just be gossip-mongering because he likes causing damage and chaos, and of course book profits.

Some of his interviews suggest he has other motivations. That is not to say Wolff is not also capable of lying about his motivations.

Lashon hará applies, Sam, if he's telling truths, not untruths. I get the sense there is a mixture of truth and untruth in the book. How much of what is what may require some sifting.

But, as you see, there were times when the Rabbis saw it as necessary.

Is there a beneficial purpose in making people aware of certain negative, detrimental aspects of the Trump presidency? Why yes: yes there is.

OK. Now let's get to Coyote among the Navajo. Like many Trickster figures, his attributes contain both kinds of aspects.

http://www.twinrocks.com/legends/44-coy ... ology.html

It should be noted that in the total body of Navajo Mythology Coyote appears not only as a trickster but also as a beneficent figure, particularly at the time of emergence when he takes initiative in establishing the natural phenomena of the world. This aspect of his character is expressed in the first portion of the shooting way story when he takes a helpful and directing hand in events. In his character the hostile elements in aggression become blended with the positive, as we have similarly seen in the analysis of chantway hero's character. Pg. 80

[snip]

One of the most controversial characters among the Navajo is Coyote, prince of chaos, who is also the most notable catalyst. Transformer, troublemaker, trickster, deity Coyote is all of these, and more. He stole the stars laid out by First Man and scattered them, willy nilly, across the heavens. Yet, from Coyote's unruly behavior, changes came about that made life better. From Coyote's foolishness, mortals gained wisdom, learned what, and what not, to do. Coyote, as the forerunner of change, created ways of doing things so that customs new moral codes, ceremonies, designs for living came into being. Coyote's selfish acts thus clarified the boundaries of human and animal conduct. Acting as the wise fool, Coyote is able to speak and act as others of the holy pantheon, due to inherent decorum, cannot. His role was, and is, a large one. In the literary sense, he is a court jester, moral chorus, and commentator. Indirectly, by unleashing chaos on the world. Pgs. 21, 22

[snip][end]

Navajos know Coyotes can bring good into the world.

Of course, Sam, as you know, I agree with everything you said about 9/11. While truthers were busy accusing me of being part of some sinister conspiracy (perhaps it was me meeting in the car with Cigarette-Smoking Man), I was pointing out that maybe they should stop focusing on nonsense about mini-nukes, lasers from space, hypernanothermite, and holographic jets, and focus on real provable questions, like why the hell 28 pages of the 9/11 Report about the Saudis were never released to the public. (Full disclosure: Bob Graham, who I've worked with before, as I've said, was pushing hard on this.) I guess when you give people constructive criticism, they view you as the enemy.

So it goes.

P.S. I have always identified more with Heyoka than Coyote, but that's because I worked with the Lakota.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well the book opened big. Everything had fallen into place for an instant hit, and that's what they've got.

I must say, they never could have bought a publicity campaign as good as the one the White House gave them gratis. That cease and desist order was a triumph. It has no legal standing whatsoever for any number of reasons. One major one that every first year journalism student learns is that you can't libel or slander the president. I suppose that actually you probably can, but the bar for malicious defamation is set so high that we can't see it from here.

This also goes, to a somewhat lesser extent, to any public figure. Republicans have used this little quirk of the law to their extreme advantage practically since the days of Lincoln. A recent example is Hillary's child sex ring in the basement of the pizzeria. Absent malice in the eyes of the law, though we all know it's malicious as hell.

Only a real chump tries to censor a book that close to its wide break. It's a guaranteed buzz and a sales dream. They used to advertise "Banned in Boston" to sell books. That worked too. The Bostonian anti-sex league would put a book on their wannabe index expurgatorius, and within hours that fact would be screaming out above the title on every ad in the world. Ka-ching. Thank you, ladies.

I don't consider Wolf a credible source, and also he has the advantage that people will believe anything. Someone made up a Gorilla Channel story that's even more out there than the stuff in the book. It ate up twitter almost instantly, and even I believed it until about two paragraphs in. A lot of people bought the whole thing, despite its playing fast and loose with how television is delivered these days.

What we get from this Wolf book Thing, once the hype dies down, is that POTUS puts on a mad-king act to get attention, but a good portion of it very likely isn't an act.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

Last edited by ZoWie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

this wolfe guy had as much access to the guts of the WH as the daughter.
why would (edit) he have to make a thing up.

Last edited by rainwater on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

He doesn't have to make stuff up. Typically, gossip has a core of truth. I was agreeing that the telling of the facts is not as rigorous as one would like it to be for serious writing on the subject, but also that in this context it's not going to be a problem for credibility.

Personally, I don't believe anything the first time.

Now, I must note, that while this show went on, the Nooz slipped out a few facts that do have verification:

1. Our ridiculous Atty Genl intends to push antiquated Federal pot laws on states with recreational use, creating an instant federal crisis.

2. Our president intends to allow oil drilling in all US coastal waters under Federal jurisdiction. This too is instant work for a lot of lawyers.

3. There is yet another sneaky move afoot to torpedo Obamacare.

I think I'll focus on these now.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

bannon and groper are doing a swell dance while, as zowie mentioned, the drilling off all coasts
has become a major issue again.

imo both steve and groper are working this book thing.
its important to remember both of these Jokers manipulate...all the time, it is what they do.
and they enjoy doing it together. ripoff con game hustle, its who they are.

now all this inner WH shit is not hidden, its out in the open, now, early in the new year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:22 pm 
Policy Wonk

Excerpted from New York Magazine.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... trump.html.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Someone wrote a parody of Fire and Fury.

Huff Post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:40 pm 
Policy Wonk

45 Is Mentally Unwell and the People Around Him Know It.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ws-it.html.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Internet falls for Trump-'Gorilla Channel' parody
Amid startling disclosures about life in the Trump White House, Twitter users fall for a satirical fake excerpt from Michael Wolff's book that claims the president is obsessed with gorillas.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ody-326374

I didn't fall for it. Not even for a second. Mainly, as, there is no gorilla channel. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Internet falls for Trump-'Gorilla Channel' parody
Amid startling disclosures about life in the Trump White House, Twitter users fall for a satirical fake excerpt from Michael Wolff's book that claims the president is obsessed with gorillas.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ody-326374

I didn't fall for it. Not even for a second. Mainly, as, there is no gorilla channel. :D

Read two post above yours for the parody.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know: you posted the parody, so I posted a story about the context of the parody. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

[from the wiki:]
Speech is considered to be lashon hara (detraction) if it says something negative about a person or party, is not seriously intended to correct or improve a negative situation, and is true.

[snip]

There are times when a person is permitted or even required to disclose information whether or not the information is disparaging. For instance, if a person’s intent in sharing negative information is for a to’elet, a positive, constructive, and beneficial purpose that may serve as a warning to prevent harm or injustice, the prohibition against lashon hara does not apply. Hotzaat shem ra, spouting lies and spreading disinformation, is always prohibited. It is important to note that even with positive intentions, there are many important limitations regarding when it is permitted to speak lashon hara.

[snip][end]

To be clear, I'm not sure about Wolff's motivations, which is key to what I've highlighted. He may just be gossip-mongering because he likes causing damage and chaos, and of course book profits.

Some of his interviews suggest he has other motivations. That is not to say Wolff is not also capable of lying about his motivations.

Lashon hará applies, Sam, if he's telling truths, not untruths. I get the sense there is a mixture of truth and untruth in the book. How much of what is what may require some sifting.

But, as you see, there were times when the Rabbis saw it as necessary.

Is there a beneficial purpose in making people aware of certain negative, detrimental aspects of the Trump presidency? Why yes: yes there is.

OK. Now let's get to Coyote among the Navajo. Like many Trickster figures, his attributes contain both kinds of aspects.

http://www.twinrocks.com/legends/44-coy ... ology.html

It should be noted that in the total body of Navajo Mythology Coyote appears not only as a trickster but also as a beneficent figure, particularly at the time of emergence when he takes initiative in establishing the natural phenomena of the world. This aspect of his character is expressed in the first portion of the shooting way story when he takes a helpful and directing hand in events. In his character the hostile elements in aggression become blended with the positive, as we have similarly seen in the analysis of chantway hero's character. Pg. 80

[snip]

One of the most controversial characters among the Navajo is Coyote, prince of chaos, who is also the most notable catalyst. Transformer, troublemaker, trickster, deity Coyote is all of these, and more. He stole the stars laid out by First Man and scattered them, willy nilly, across the heavens. Yet, from Coyote's unruly behavior, changes came about that made life better. From Coyote's foolishness, mortals gained wisdom, learned what, and what not, to do. Coyote, as the forerunner of change, created ways of doing things so that customs new moral codes, ceremonies, designs for living came into being. Coyote's selfish acts thus clarified the boundaries of human and animal conduct. Acting as the wise fool, Coyote is able to speak and act as others of the holy pantheon, due to inherent decorum, cannot. His role was, and is, a large one. In the literary sense, he is a court jester, moral chorus, and commentator. Indirectly, by unleashing chaos on the world. Pgs. 21, 22

[snip][end]

Navajos know Coyotes can bring good into the world.

Of course, Sam, as you know, I agree with everything you said about 9/11. While truthers were busy accusing me of being part of some sinister conspiracy (perhaps it was me meeting in the car with Cigarette-Smoking Man), I was pointing out that maybe they should stop focusing on nonsense about mini-nukes, lasers from space, hypernanothermite, and holographic jets, and focus on real provable questions, like why the hell 28 pages of the 9/11 Report about the Saudis were never released to the public. (Full disclosure: Bob Graham, who I've worked with before, as I've said, was pushing hard on this.) I guess when you give people constructive criticism, they view you as the enemy.

So it goes.

P.S. I have always identified more with Heyoka than Coyote, but that's because I worked with the Lakota.

You are placing a lot of on that little bit you found at Wikipedia, "and is true."

Take a moment and think about that, does it make a lick of sense? That statement a Wikipedia is wrong. It's worse morally and ethically if it isn't true. Lashon Ha-Ra applies whether or not is it is true.

I'll quote this right off of the Google search page:

Quote:
Judaism 101: Speech and Lashon Ha-Ra
www.jewfaq.org/speech.htm
Speech and Lashon Ha-Ra Lashon Ha-Ra (in Hebrew). Level: Intermediate. Gossip and slander are serious sins in Judaism; Judaism forbids causing any deception or embarrassment through speech; It is forbidden even if the statement is true;

I enjoyed reading that what you found about Navajo Mythology from an academic perspective.

Most of what I picked up about it over the years came from a comment here a comment there from either a believer living the traditional Navajo way, or from a non believer who had relatives who were traditional. None of them would use a word like "Mythology" when speaking about it. One gets a narrower view point that way. I don't recall any of them ever talking about the good side of Coyote. In the stories I heard about Coyote he seemed to pretty much always tangled up in some way with evil, in with skin walkers (witches) and ghosts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Most of what I picked up about it over the years came from a comment here a comment there from either a believer living the traditional Navajo way, or from a non believer who had relatives who were traditional. None of them would use a word like "Mythology" when speaking about it. One gets a narrower view point that way. I don't recall any of them ever talking about the good side of Coyote. In the stories I heard about Coyote he seemed to pretty much always tangled up in some way with evil, in with skin walkers (witches) and ghosts.

So, I have not worked among Navajo, and can't speak from personal ethnographic experience.

However, Coyote, it seems, among the Navajo, is most definitely a Trickster figure. About the role of trickster figures in Native culture, well, it's in quite a bit of my own writing.

What Trickster figures are, in many Native mythologies, are morally ambiguous figures. I think that would be an accurate description.

Navajos are not the only people for whom Coyote is a significant figure.

http://www.native-languages.org/legends-coyote.htm

Coyote is a major mythological figure for most Native American tribes, especially those west of the Mississippi. Like real coyotes, mythological coyotes are usually notable for their crafty intelligence, stealth, and voracious appetite. However, American Indian coyote characters vary widely from tribe to tribe. In some Native American coyote myths, Coyote is a revered culture hero who creates, teaches, and helps humans; in others, he is a sort of antihero who demonstrates the dangers of negative behaviors like greed, recklessness, and arrogance; in still others, he is a comic trickster character, whose lack of wisdom gets him into trouble while his cleverness gets him back out. In some Native coyote stories, he is even some sort of combination of all three at once.

[snip][end]

He kind of plays different roles in different cultures.

I find the traditional Jewish discussion of Lashon Hara interesting. Having perused all the traditional rules regarding it, I find them excessive. This is not the only area of Jewish law in which I notice this problem.

Please note, I'm not saying one shouldn't be careful about making sure what you say about people is accurate, especially if what you say can cause them significant harm. I agree with that. On the other hand, I do not see a concern with criticizing the powerful for their misuse and abuse of power. Which appears to be missing.

Followed to excess, it would make social critique of the powerful impossible, and I find that against the spirit of the Jewish prophetic tradition. A lot of the prophets said some negative things about the Israelite kings and priests. It's good, they needed to hear it.

I should add that among the Lakota, where I do have personal experience, Heyoka are allowed to do what they do (which involves a lot of ridicule) because it keeps the powerful in place.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:32 am 
Board Emeritus

So, I have not worked among Navajo, and can't speak from personal ethnographic experience.

However, Coyote, it seems, among the Navajo, is most definitely a Trickster figure. About the role of trickster figures in Native culture, well, it's in quite a bit of my own writing.

What Trickster figures are, in many Native mythologies, are morally ambiguous figures. I think that would be an accurate description.

Navajos are not the only people for whom Coyote is a significant figure.

http://www.native-languages.org/legends-coyote.htm

Coyote is a major mythological figure for most Native American tribes, especially those west of the Mississippi. Like real coyotes, mythological coyotes are usually notable for their crafty intelligence, stealth, and voracious appetite. However, American Indian coyote characters vary widely from tribe to tribe. In some Native American coyote myths, Coyote is a revered culture hero who creates, teaches, and helps humans; in others, he is a sort of antihero who demonstrates the dangers of negative behaviors like greed, recklessness, and arrogance; in still others, he is a comic trickster character, whose lack of wisdom gets him into trouble while his cleverness gets him back out. In some Native coyote stories, he is even some sort of combination of all three at once.

[snip][end]

He kind of plays different roles in different cultures.

I find the traditional Jewish discussion of Lashon Hara interesting. Having perused all the traditional rules regarding it, I find them excessive. This is not the only area of Jewish law in which I notice this problem.

Please note, I'm not saying one shouldn't be careful about making sure what you say about people is accurate, especially if what you say can cause them significant harm. I agree with that. On the other hand, I do not see a concern with criticizing the powerful for their misuse and abuse of power. Which appears to be missing.

Followed to excess, it would make social critique of the powerful impossible, and I find that against the spirit of the Jewish prophetic tradition. A lot of the prophets said some negative things about the Israelite kings and priests. It's good, they needed to hear it.

I should add that among the Lakota, where I do have personal experience, Heyoka are allowed to do what they do (which involves a lot of ridicule) because it keeps the powerful in place.

Trickster is the right word for Coyote. Or Loki.

When it comes to Lashon Hara, if you recall I when I first brought it up I found a way to fit in the word "irresistible" twice.

I've not noticed very many Jews who concern themselves overly about Lashon Hara unless it is someone other than themselves they notice is doing it. Myself included. ;)

It's a low priority law.

Speaking of Trickster, check out who's being Der Trickzeichner in this scene:

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:29 am 
Policy Wonk

bannon and groper are doing a swell dance while, as zowie mentioned, the drilling off all coasts
has become a major issue again.
snip

Edit mine..... hi rain.... I guess Fla guvner Rick Scott and Senator Nelson are fighting this in Florida..... I forget what show i heard the joke on..... but ...... it was that Rick Scott should not oppose the offshore drilling expansion as long as it is right off the Mar-a-Lago resort. I found that pretty funny. Their delivery was much better and I wish I could remember where i heard it to give credit..... but......oh well. Didn't Trump try and sue over an off-shore windfarm within sight off his Scottish Golf course........... What a Fucking Cunt!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-lose ... 1450275439

Have a great day!

Last edited by kempster on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:19 am 
Board Emeritus

The Demiurge in a Jester hat. Very Truman Show. I like that the audience are frogs. The Gnostics also had an interesting take on the Garden of Eden myth.

BTW, Loki is a lot more interesting in the Norse sagas than he is the Marvel movies. He changes sexes and species to become a mare who gives birth to Odin's 8-legged horse, Sleipnir. I doubt they will show that in the Marvel movies. :D

In the mythic sagas, he was also the father of Hel(ya), the Midgard Serpent (Jormangundr), and the wolf Fenrir, who all (in the original sagas as well as the movie) play roles in Ragnarok. (In the movie, Helya is said to be Odin's daughter, making her Thor's half sister.)

... In the Gifted series, two of the mutant kids (the Struckers) are said to be the great grandchildren of Fenris (aka Fenrir), a duo of mutant terrorists. It looks like coming up, they may reveal that Polaris is the daughter of Magneto ... well, she is in the comics, already. (So are Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thing must be selling like mad.

Price dropped from over 40 bucks to 24 bucks on Amazon.ca. So I just ordered a copy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

I offer this as food for thought. (P.S. that doesn't mean I am in 100% agreement.) I am posting Drew Magary's work in full, so I am also giving full attribution.

Michael Wolff Did What Every Other White House Reporter Is Too Cowardly to Do by Drew Magary
https://www.gq.com/story/michael-wolff- ... ump-access

I’m gonna begin this post with the same disclaimer that needs to come with every post about Michael Wolff, which is that Wolff is a fart-sniffer whose credibility is often suspect and who represents the absolute worst of New York media-cocktail-circuit inbreeding. But in a way, it’s fitting that our least reliable president could finally find himself undone at the hands of one of our least reliable journalists.

All of Wolff’s excerpts from Fire & Fury so far (the book was rushed into stores today) read like jayvee fan fiction. They read like a pilot that Steve Bannon himself wrote, pitched to Hollywood, and had rejected 17 times over. They read, in short, like bullshit. And yet…Wolff has audio. He’s got hours upon hours of audio. Not only that, but the book has already caused legitimate upheaval in the administration, opened a permanent rift between President Trump and Bannon, AND it confirms what we have all always known to be true: that the president severely lacks the cognitive ability to do this job, and that he is surrounded at all times by a cadre of enablers, dunces, and outright thieves. As much as I wanna discredit Wolff, he got receipts and, more important, he used them. Wolff got it all. Wolff nailed them.

And look how he did it. He did it by sleazily ingratiating himself with the White House, gaining access, hosting weird private dinners, and then taking full advantage of the administration's basic lack of knowledge about how reporting works. Some of the officials Wolff got on tape claim to be unaware that they were on the record. Wolff denies this, but he's very much up front in the book's intro about the fact that he was able to exploit the incredible "lack of experience" on display here. In other words, Wolff got his book by playing a bunch of naive dopes.

Thank God for that. Wolff has spent this week thoroughly exploiting Trump and his minions the same way they've exploited the cluelessness of others. And he pulled it off because, at long last, there was a reporter out there willing to toss decorum aside and burn bridges the same way Trump does.

Everyone around Donald Trump is too polite to Donald Trump. Democrats, foreign dignitaries, underlings… all of them. And the White House press is perhaps the worst offender. From the media pool playing along with Sarah Sanders during press conferences—conferences where Sanders openly lies and pisses on democracy—to access merchants like Maggie Haberman doling out Trump gossip like so many bread crumbs, too many reporters have been far too deferential to an administration that is brazenly racist, dysfunctional, and corrupt. And for what purpose? It’s clear to me that Haberman and the like aren’t saving up their chits for just the EXACT right time to bring this Administration down. No, the only end goal of their access is continued access, to preserve it indefinitely so that the copy spigot never gets shut off. They are abiding by traditional wink-wink understandings that have long existed between the government and the press covering it.

But Wolff didn’t do that. He did not engage in some endless bullshit access tango. No, Wolff actually USED his access, and extended zero courtesy to Trump on the process, and it’s going to pay off for him not just from a book sales standpoint, but from a real journalistic impact. I am utterly sick to death of hearing anonymous reports about people inside the White House “concerned” about the madman currently in charge of everything. These people don’t deserve the courtesy of discretion. They don’t deserve to dictate the terms of coverage to people. They deserve to be torched.

Trump ascended into power in part because he relied on other people being too nice. It’s fun to rampage through the china shop when the china shop owner is standing over there being like, “SIR, that is not how we do things here!” If Trump refuses to abide by the standard (and now useless) “norms” of the presidency—shit, if he doesn't even KNOW them—why should ANYONE in the press adhere to needless norms of their own? They shouldn’t, and it appears that Michael Wolff was one of the few people to instinctively grasp that, and I hope more White House insiders follow his lead. Sometimes you need a rat to catch a rat.

[snip][end]

The French often put it, it takes a thief to catch a thief. Same idea. Wolff may have been just the right Zelig to expose the maladmin. TheFox may be glad I'm about to dig on the mainstream media, but in this case, it just may have taken somebody outside the access-hungry WH Press Corpse to point out the emperor was waltzing around naked.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

its funny to awaken and read all the personal proclamations over coyotes from us humans whining over
our same duality's as placed upon the blessed coyote.
coyotes teach balance. the dual sides of life.
do humans ever see what they themselves are doing. its just funny.

this guy, wolff, was allowed total access which he mostly taped.
..."taped".. recorded what others said. what he was hearing. what others were "saying".

im not giving this guy any shit and i didnt even know who he was til recently.
if he was hanging around the WH daily weekly hourly, who cares,....he saw and he heard
things of which most other writers are envious.

did groper think wolff was a sycophant, prolly and he didnt care. all he thot was ohboy someone
is writing about ME. groper doesnt care what they write...as long as they write it about Him.

comprehend that for a moment: pussiegrabber does not care what anyone writes as long
as they write it about Him. good bad satanic..he doesnt care, just write about ME.
thats why he gets away with so much shit: the over abundance of it and the constancy of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trickster is the right word for Coyote. Or Loki.

When it comes to Lashon Hara, if you recall I when I first brought it up I found a way to fit in the word "irresistible" twice.

I've not noticed very many Jews who concern themselves overly about Lashon Hara unless it is someone other than themselves they notice is doing it. Myself included. ;)

It's a low priority law.

Oh, that's wonderful, for a lot of reasons. The stop-frame animation must have taken months of click, move, click, move, click, move, (sleep) click, move, click, move.........

And the depiction of Genesis is the best movie I've seen in ages. And the movie maker is, of course, The Trickster.

--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

This one comes out tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

He's a neoconservative and a former Bush speechwriter. He coined the term "axis of evil".

That said, it doesn't mean as a #nevertrumper who called upon Trump to resign in May of 2017, he has nothing worth listening to.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Almost finished with the book. I've been listening to my Audible copy. It's quite a good listen. It is certainly a good explanation of Trump's actions.

Is anyone else reading or listening to it?

Admittedly, I did not come up with the phrase, but I'm nearly positive that I got it from one of my white nationalist buddies. It just fits so well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

No.

:D

I have a new Terry Pratchett book to read.

What a treat, it's another Tiffany Aching adventure, the forth in a set. And I had been thinking and had been told there would be no more. They found it after Pratchett died, I guess he had forgotten he'd written it. He had alzheimer's.