RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Basically any person of color who doesn't believe the way you think they should believe are incompetent. Regardless of their level of success.

I am guessing we could add Condi Rice and Sen Scott to that list.

Incorrect.

I will defend all of the above against white conservative wannabe slavedrivers such as yourself, who only see race and gender and Republican nonwhites as bats to beat nonwhites who don't do as you say.

You also think you're victims of nonwhites who don't do as you say.

You didn't watch the speech by Oprah, nor have you read the transcript.

Come talk to me the moment you have.

Stop calling the cops on us.

Last edited by carmenjonze on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Can you list three things that make her qualified? Or two, maybe one?

1] does she have any executive experience

2] Has she ever held any elected office

3] In reality she has next to no qualifications to be President

Really?

1] Eight years in the WH with advisory, policy and campaign experience
2] Princeton Grad and Law Degree Worked in corporate and public sector. Was an associate Dean.
3] Wrong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ben Carson Top Brain Surgeon = incompetent
Clarence Thomas SC Justice = incompetent

Carson is a highly accomplished brain surgeon, sure. BTW, what experience does he have in the public housing field?

As for Thomas, he almost never writes majority opinions for the Court.

Clarence Thomas’s Twenty-Five Years Without Footprints
https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... footprints

BTW, I think Nikki Haley was a very competent governor. And don't get me wrong, governors often do a lot of foreign travel, usually to attract foreign trade and investment to their state. Did that make Nikki the most qualified to be UN ambassador?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes and no. The Oscars have pretty strict rules on who votes for documentary, foreign language film, and a couple of other such categories. They have a series of screenings at the Sam Goldwyn theater, and they take names. If you haven't seen them all, despite several every year being pretty dreadful, you don't vote. People who stick it out also get hats, pins, and other swag. They wear it proudly, like combat decorations.

Also categories like camera and sound screen at the Sam Goldwyn, which has a world class presentation setup, and the techs come in and test everything first. The relevant Academy branches nominate, then they all screen. Same deal, you see it there or you don't vote.

Golden Globes are the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. There aren't that many voters. Nor do they have the best reputation. Some are serious about the job, and file stories all the time. Others hardly ever file, but you'll see them at all the parties. Used to be that the awards show was a dinner, with open bar, and everyone would get absolutely snockered. This led to good off the cuff speeches, like the famous f-word that got them off TV for a few years.

That was a lot more fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Carson is a highly accomplished brain surgeon, sure. BTW, what experience does he have in the public housing field?

As for Thomas, he almost never writes majority opinions for the Court.

Clarence Thomas’s Twenty-Five Years Without Footprints
https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... footprints

BTW, I think Nikki Haley was a very competent governor. And don't get me wrong, governors often do a lot of foreign travel, usually to attract foreign trade and investment to their state. Did that make Nikki the most qualified to be UN ambassador?

Sarah Palin was governor of Alaska, before she resigned to make big $$$, so does that make her qualified to be president?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

The Golden Globes continue to mystify me. It's the most lightweight award show of the lot, but for whatever reason it's become a bigger deal than the Oscars. It has speeches setting the political tone for the year, protests like everyone in black, Internet political kerfuffles for weeks afterward, etc etc. Maybe because the award aspect of the show is a joke and everyone knows it.

It's in the name Zowie, it works on the subconscious, Oh' those Golden Globes:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sam are you going through a boob fixation? This is the second time you've posted pictures of well endowed women.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:49 pm 
Policy Wonk

Oprah is not going to run for president, why would she?

My $ is on Gillibrand running, whom I might vote for despite the Al Franken thing, and depending on who else is in the game. the Franken debacle is not enough to get me to not vote for her, considering her other policies and stances to this point, though I've seen a lot of bots and trolls threatening to leave the D party over it. Dumb idea...

My money is on Gillibrand as well. She has the chops to do the job and unlike HRC is more than willing to get down and dirty if need be. She will hammer 45 on his treatment of Women. Maybe Cory Booker for VP.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut

Nikki Haley tries to pass herself off as white, while conservative whites like you tokenize her due to ethnicity and gender.

That said, what's she got to do with Oprah's speech last night?

Do you even know what it's about?

:arrow: Many people who are Indian Americans do classify themselves as "white"others classify themselves as Asian. This is according to the U.S. Census Bureau. I don't find that an issue with her. There is many other things one could take issue with her about then what she refers to herself as. That being said, putting Haley in the same category as Oprah Winfrey is is laughable.

Quote:
The U.S. Census Bureau has changed over the years its own classification of Indians. In the 1930 and 1940 censuses, "Hindu" was listed as a racial category.[26] In 1970, the U.S Census Bureau designated Indian Americans as "White".[13] During the 1970s, Indian Americans debated if they should "give up the emotional and psychological advantages of being considered 'Caucasian'" to try to "seek or accept minority status".[3] Indian American groups, through their own petitioning, successfully changed their racial classification from White to Asian in the 1970s to have themselves included in state and federal Asian racial categories to benefit from affirmative action.[27] Specifically, Indian Americans had their official race changed from White to Asian in 1977 "through Statistical Directive 15 of the Office of Management and Budget", causing Indian Americans to be listed as Asian in the 1980 US Census.[12] Without the action of these Indian American groups, the government would have continued to classify Indian Americans as being White.[27] Since 1980, owing to the diverse nature of South Asians, Indians and other South Asians have been classified according to self-reporting, and have the liberty to identify with the racial and ethnic group that they belong to,[14] with an increasing number identifying as "White", driven by increasing immigration from the North-West of the Indian subcontinent.[27]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_cl ... _Americans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sam are you going through a boob fixation? This is the second time you've posted pictures of well endowed women.

Satire Drak, it's satire.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, there was a famous Supreme Court decision over whether Hindi people "really" were "white" (that mattered, as up until 1965 that affected your ability to immigrate & naturalize).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... ingh_Thind

United States v. Bhagat Singh Thind, 261 U.S. 204 (1923), was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States unanimously decided that Bhagat Singh Thind, an Indian Sikh man who identified himself as a "high caste aryan, of full Indian blood," was racially ineligible for naturalized citizenship in the United States. In 1919, Thind filed a petition for naturalization under the Naturalization Act of 1906 which allowed only "free white persons" and "aliens of African nativity and persons of African descent" to become United States citizens by naturalization.

After his petition was granted, Government attorneys initiated a proceeding to cancel Thind’s naturalization and a trial followed in which the Government presented evidence of Thind’s political activities as a founding member of the Ghadar Party, a violent Indian independence movement headquartered in San Francisco.[1] Thind did not challenge the constitutionality of the racial restrictions. Instead, he attempted to have "high-caste" classified as "free white persons" within the meaning of the naturalization act based on the fact that both northern Indians and most Europeans are Indo-European peoples.

The court rejected this argument, holding that while Hindi-speaking high-caste Indians were indeed akin to white European peoples, they had intermarried too freely with the non-white pre-Indo-European populace of India, hence their present skin color. Because of the uncertainty this caused for scientific classification, the court decided to use a "common sense" definition of Caucasian that did not allow for the scientific arguments Thind made and did not classify Indians as white.

[snip][end]

Final verdict: the SCOTUS declared Thind was "not white," so he was declared not eligible for naturalization as a "free white person". (See: 1790 Immigration and Naturalization Act, essentially in force until its full repeal in 1965.) BTW -- the date of this decision was 1923. Not ancient history.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: Many people who are Indian Americans do classify themselves as "white"others classify themselves as Asian. This is according to the U.S. Census Bureau. I don't find that an issue with her. There is many other things one could take issue with her about then what she refers to herself as. That being said, putting Haley in the same category as Oprah Winfrey is is laughable.

I'm pretty aware of Indian-American racial classification. You should also take a look at the case of Thind vs US https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... ingh_Thind

The only real reason to bring up Haley trying to pass herself off as white is because white cons like glen are also equally eager to use her as a stick to beat nonwhite liberals.

Typical white conservative tokenism.

Quote:
That being said, putting Haley in the same category as Oprah Winfrey is is laughable.

Well, yes. Neither is going to be running for president, imo.

All glen is looking for is a counter the blk f lib and can only come up with his standard nonwhite tokens.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Uh huh. They don't call him Sam "Lefthand" for nuthin.

:lol:

Jkin man.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, the subject of race itself in India is interesting.

There is a caste system. What you will generally find is the highest castes (Brahmins) are the lightest skinned.

The lowest caste, the Dalits, or Untouchables, are the darkest skinned.

Thind, in the SCOTUS decision Carmen & I both referenced, argued for his whiteness based on him being a high caste Sikh from India and having high amounts of so called "Aryan" blood. It didn't work. The SCOTUS said everybody in India has apparently had their racial purity dragged down through intermarriage with lower castes (even if caste rules formally forbid it).

The ultimate point being, Nikki Haley might have had to go to court before 1965, being Hindi, to prove her whiteness, before she could put it on the Census.

Last edited by ProfessorX on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

LOL

Yeah! :)

Look at the subconscious associations the Oscars have going for them.

At best:

Fish some people mistakenly call Piranha. Apt I suppose. That thing it's eating is a mouse.

At worst:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, the subject of race itself in India is interesting.

There is a caste system. What you will generally find is the highest castes (Brahmins) are the lightest skinned.

The lowest caste, the Dalits, or Untouchables, are the darkest skinned.

Thind, in the SCOTUS decision Carmen & I both referenced, argued for his whiteness based on him being a high caste Sikh from India and having high amounts of so called "Aryan" blood. It didn't work. The SCOTUS said everybody in India has apparently had their racial purity dragged down through intermarriage with lower castes (even if caste rules formally forbid it).

In Thind, the SCOTUS basically said to Sikhs, Parsis too, yeah that's cute that you think you're Aryan in America.

Nope, ya' BLACK. Like Chicken George said in Roots: u in 'merica, nah.

Back of bus 4 u.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

What do you suppose people on the left will say if and when Nikki Haley is part of the GOP ticket? At least one person here [ not you] have called her a race traitor.

We agree about Oprah's qualifications. However I do believe if she wants to contribute there are jobs she is qualified for.

Hey, let's be clear about something. I remember you guys on the right made a big deal that Obama called himself "Barry" in school. Well, "Nikki" isn't her name. Do you think if she used her REAL name, Nimrata Randhawa Haley, (Haley is her married name) that she would have won a Republican Primary not using a nickname?

She was born and raised a Sikh. Both her parents are Sikh. Although she identifies as a Christian, she still attends Sikh services.

But she has done nothing to help people with her background.

It's hilarious how differently your side treated Obama as compared to how they treat her. I wonder how it would be if her skin were darker?

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey, let's be clear about something. I remember you guys on the right made a big deal that Obama called himself "Barry" in school. Well, "Nikki" isn't her name. Do you think if she used her REAL name, Nimrata Randhawa Haley, (Haley is her married name) that she would have won a Republican Primary not using a nickname?

She was born and raised a Sikh. Both her parents are Sikh. Although she identifies as a Christian, she still attends Sikh services.

It's hilarious how differently your side treated Obama as compared to how they treat her. I wonder how it would be if her skin were darker?

Nikki Haley is just another back-of-the-bus'er to these conservative whites.

Especially the conservative whites from a one-drop state like South Carolina, who have something to prove about distancing themselves from their slaveholder, segregationist, and neo-Confederate histories which are still very much in full effect.

Lol Nikki Haley is the recipient of the Strom Thurmond (R - White Rapist) award, fgs.

As long as she casts herself as a white-aspirant conservative Christian Zionsist, they'll press her into service as a bat to beat other nonwhites. This is what they do with those who think of themselves as model minorities. It's also why nobody respects model minorities.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sen Tim Scott's skin is very dark in South Carolina we don't judge our politicians by their skin tone.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Is it possible that this thread and it's flutter about Oprah is because of an NBC News official tweet?

"Nothing but respect for OUR future president. #GoldenGlobes pic.twitter.com/h4hkjewu0K"— NBC (@nbc) January 8, 2018

They've since deleted that tweet.

The talk about it's all the rage in Birmingham. Their's probably a run at the local dry goods stored on sheets. A shortage of dry lumber and kerosene.

I can see why right wing boards have discussion treads going on about it. Why do we have one?

I doubt it has anything to do with that tweet. For one thing, I don't have a twitter account. Never saw it. But hey, you're making up this story. Tell me what else I did.

Maybe it's because I saw the speech and saw some of the chatter around it. She's been talked about for years. I'm just pointing out that the right-wing smear machine will be working on it now.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sen Tim Scott's skin is very dark in South Carolina we don't judge our politicians by their skin tone.

Tim Scott was appointed and they made sure he wasn't opposed in his re-election.

But go ahead, tell me how South Carolina conservatives aren't racist at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

I get why she does that. There appear to be some fools who think because Sikhs wear turbans, "they must be Muslim". :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Porn Sam, it's porn. But you sure did show off your misogynist side. You must be proud.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tim Scott was appointed and they made sure he wasn't opposed in his re-election.

But go ahead, tell me how South Carolina conservatives aren't racist at all.

Liberals never let facts get in their way. If SC were racist he would have been primaried and lost. While he is in the Senate let me ask you about racist and the House.

Tell me how many Congressional Districts where the population is primarily African American have a white congressman.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18