RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm 
Policy Wonk

The Office of Special Prosecutor has announced that Robert Mueller is now requesting that he and/or attorney's from his office be allowed to question 45 about Russian Collusion in the November 2016 Presidential Election.

Attorney's for 45 are saying that the Draft Dodging Fasicst is willing to answer written questions submitted to him.

Now, here is the question and it deserves a very good answer.

IF 45 is a whip-smart as he claims, IF 45 is as "Highly Intelligent" as he says he is, then he should not no problem having a sit down, under Oath meeting the the Special Prosecutor.

45 should be able to handle a mere Special Prosecutor.....after he knows, "All The Best Words".

All 45 has done since started to campaign for the White House is tell anyone and everyone who would listen how smart he was, after he had a secret plan for Iraq (still waiting on that one).

Why would the Special Prosecutor need to submit questions if 45 is smart to know the answers already. He can certainly testify under oath without a problem.

Or is 45 dumber than a sack of hammers?

Can 45 be trusted to the truth under Oath?

Or does he need two fingers to add one and one?

Can 45 tell the truth without the assistance of written questions.

Or does he need someone to tie his shoes?

I'm going being dumber than a sack of hammmers, I seriously doubt 45 knows what one and one is and he would need tying his shoes, complex acts are hard for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:15 pm 
Policy Wonk

I disagree, trump is intelligent, hes not dumb its just that he is greedy, self absorbed and cruel so his intelligence serves those things and brings him to those ends.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:59 pm 
Policy Wonk

I disagree, trump is intelligent, hes not dumb its just that he is greedy, self absorbed and cruel so his intelligence serves those things and brings him to those ends.

45 has, at best a 5th. Grade Reading Level. He does not read reports given to him. No....he is many things but intelligent is not one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

He's very smart at running cons. He can identify peoples' weaknesses, and he goes after them. He can sense what people want to hear, and is very good at feeding it.

That kind of intelligence, identifying marks, he's developed over the decades.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

he just learned to be clever. he must have learned it very young--isnt there a sibling?---anyhow
his clever learning is a result of being ignored.
he used the clever to get a rise from those around him and mostly it served to remove those around him,
leaving him on his own power trip as tho..he made them do it.

so, when his parents had him packed off to boarding school he made that into a "i did that, i got my way"
kinda thing.
its what a kid with deep mental issues would do, make himself the hero.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think most attorneys would agree that answering written questions is the smart thing to do legally. Possibly is the smart thing to do politically. I've been deposed a couple of times. It's not fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:58 am 
Policy Wonk

He's very smart at running cons. He can identify peoples' weaknesses, and he goes after them. He can sense what people want to hear, and is very good at feeding it.

That kind of intelligence, identifying marks, he's developed over the decades.

The first rule of any Con is to KNOW YOUR MARK. 45 learned his mark a very long time ago. It is not that 45 is smart, mainly because he is not. It's that he knows how to play his mark to get what he wants.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

He's good at what he does, but what he does is put on a show and sell the bridge to the latest bunch of marks. Where I come from, we call this acting, unless it's above the line, then we call it producing. Of course, when billionaires do it, it's called investment, and it has a semi-divine status.

Intellectually, my computer is smarter, and my computer can't add 2 and 2 unless I tell it how.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

He's good at what he does, but what he does is put on a show and sell the bridge to the latest bunch of marks. Where I come from, we call this acting, unless it's above the line, then we call it producing. Of course, when billionaires do it, it's called investment, and it has a semi-divine status.

Intellectually, my computer is smarter, and my computer can't add 2 and 2 unless I tell it how.

Yeah, in NYC they call it banking usually fixed income. Hey, these bonds are triple A rated. I know because I told the ratings agencies to rate them that way.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think most attorneys would agree that answering written questions is the smart thing to do legally. Possibly is the smart thing to do politically. I've been deposed a couple of times. It's not fun.

In some cases it might be appropriate to submit written answers but in an investigation like the one Mueller's doing a face-to-face interview is best. That way, Mueller or whomever is doing the interview can read the body language as well as do immediate followup questions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

In some cases it might be appropriate to submit written answers but in an investigation like the one Mueller's doing a face-to-face interview is best. That way, Mueller or whomever is doing the interview can read the body language as well as do immediate followup questions.

Not mention I wouldn’t put it past Trump to have someone else write the answers.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not mention I wouldn’t put it past Trump to have someone else write the answers.

But he says he's a "stable genius" and "knows all the best words" so why would he have someone else write the answers? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

You are correct. Most questioners would rather do this face to face for the very reasons you mentioned. But the other side of the argument is that it's much more risky for the person being questioned. Clinton was impeached for obstruction. Martha Stewart, Scooter Libby, Michael Flynn were charged for lying to investigators and not for the crimes that was the basis for the investigation in the first place. Trumps lawyers are not going to allow their client to be exposed to that kind of risk. Trump's ego may get the better of him and he may overrule them and testify in person but I cannot imagine his lawyers allowing that to happen without a whole lot of ground rules. If Trump is as smart as he likes to think he is then he will avoid a face to face and agree only to answering questions submitted in writing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

It would be foolish for him NOT to have his attorneys review his written answers and to have them help him frame them in such a way to avoid legal exposure for their client. If I were him that is exactly what I would do. That is precisely why you hire attorneys.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

You are correct. Most questioners would rather do this face to face for the very reasons you mentioned. But the other side of the argument is that it's much more risky for the person being questioned. Clinton was impeached for obstruction. Martha Stewart, Scooter Libby, Michael Flynn were charged for lying to investigators and not for the crimes that was the basis for the investigation in the first place. Trumps lawyers are not going to allow their client to be exposed to that kind of risk. Trump's ego may get the better of him and he may overrule them and testify in person but I cannot imagine his lawyers allowing that to happen without a whole lot of ground rules. If Trump is as smart as he likes to think he is then he will avoid a face to face and agree only to answering questions submitted in writing.

Trump's lawyers will try to set the ground rules or try to prevent Mueller from directly interviewing him but Mueller holds subpoena power and can force Trump to testify under oath. I don't think Mueller is going to allow Trump or his lawyers run roughshod over him and dictate the terms of the interview.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Intellectual laziness with the severity presented by Trump is not an indicator of higher intelligence. Greediness, narcissism, and cruelty are not indicators of higher intelligence. Accumulating a pile of money is not an indicator of higher intelligence.

I've run into Mensa members with a pile of raw ingelligence as indicated by their IQ scores who are stupid motherfuckers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Intellectual laziness with the severity presented by Trump is not an indicator of higher intelligence. Greediness, narcissism, and cruelty are not indicators of higher intelligence. Accumulating a pile of money is not an indicator of higher intelligence.

I've run into Mensa members with a pile of raw ingelligence as indicated by their IQ scores who are stupid motherfuckers

Intelligence is more than having knowledge, vocabulary, writing skills, etc... It's about how you are able to apply these that matter. A good example is from The Big Bang Theory television show. Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, and Raj are in a car when it starts to fail. Leonard asks if anyone knows who an internal combustion engine works and the rest answers yes. When he asks if any of them can fix an internal combustion engine they admit they can't. Having knowledge but not being able to apply it is of little use.

At best, Trump has average intelligence but he's lazy when it comes to acquiring knowledge. If Mueller interviews him chances are Trump will not prepare for the interview or will be briefed by his lawyers but figure out he doesn't need their advice and wing it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Intellectual laziness or lack of curiosity is a real problem. Nobody knows everything. But I think what's important is what you do when you don't know something.

There are people who will go and try and find the answers. Or go ask other people who are experts for their help.

Trump occasionally mouths for the rubes that he turns to other "best people", but he basically normally says all he relies on for dealing with complex questions is himself.

That would be bad even if he knew a lot more than he does, but he doesn't. He really doesn't care about rectifying gaps in his knowledge. This is bad in most people, really bad in the so-called leader of the free world.

I always thought Shrub/Dubya was really bad when it came to intellectual laziness, but Trump is WORSE.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 pm 
Policy Wonk

At this level, written questions will not work and think the White House knows this, its called desparation for a reason.

The problem for the White House is that 45 has a very short attention span and cannot help talking about himself.

Also how would 45 handle follow up questions...just think about that for a second.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump's lawyers will try to set the ground rules or try to prevent Mueller from directly interviewing him but Mueller holds subpoena power and can force Trump to testify under oath. I don't think Mueller is going to allow Trump or his lawyers run roughshod over him and dictate the terms of the interview.

Trump has the same rights as any other citizen and cannot be compelled to testify when he is the target of the investigation. I could be wrong but I don't think he has to testify.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

one entire projection of his.

why, its like his alter ego is speaking of the investigations into groper et al's money laundering!!
Quote:
Trump continued to rant about how difficult it is for public figures to sue writers in the United States.

“Our current libel laws are a sham and a disgrace and do not represent American values or American fairness,” the president claimed. “So we’re going to take a strong look at that. We want fairness. You can’t say things that are false, knowingly false and be able to smile as money pours into your bank account. We’re going to take a very, very strong look at that. And I think what the American people want to see is fairness.”

merican values Are freedom of the press you fucking moron.
sadly that even allows for faux schnooze.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

It would be foolish for him NOT to have his attorneys review his written answers and to have them help him frame them in such a way to avoid legal exposure for their client. If I were him that is exactly what I would do. That is precisely why you hire attorneys.

I wouldn’t argue that. That being said I wouldn’t put it past him to rant to his attorneys to just write something denying everything while pointing blame with a scattergun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

I wouldn’t argue that. That being said I wouldn’t put it past him to rant to his attorneys to just write something denying everything while pointing blame with a scattergun.

It wouldn't surprise me that he would ignore advice from his attorneys. Sometimes people are too smart for their own good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump has the same rights as any other citizen and cannot be compelled to testify when he is the target of the investigation. I could be wrong but I don't think he has to testify.

I believe Mueller could force Trump to testify just like any other citizen without violating his rights. Trump could invoke the 5th Amendment but the would just make him look foolish and guilty and cause Mueller to probe Trump further.

I went to findlaw.com and found this concerning having someone testify:
Quote:
As a general rule, a court can force you to testify after sending you a subpoena informing you what testimony they need. There are only a few reasons someone might be excused from testifying:

The testimony includes self incriminating evidence: The constitution gives you the right to avoid giving self-incriminating evidence under the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution. A witness can, at any time, refuse to answer a question by claiming protection under the Fifth Amendment.
The person testifying is the defendant in a criminal case: This is an extension of the protection under the Fifth Amendment. Criminal defendants can never be forced to testify.
The witness is married to someone involved in the case: Communication between two spouses is considered privileged by courts. This means that in most cases, you can't be forced to testify against your spouse in court.
The witness is one party's attorney, psychotherapist, or priest: These professions require their clients to tell them everything without fear of the consequences. The court therefore gives these relationships special protection, and in most cases, communication between the two is privileged.
The witness is not competent to testify: Some witnesses are not able to testify because their age or illness affects their ability to recall events and truthfully explain them to a jury. However, this is a very difficult threshold to meet. For example, many courts will allow a young child to testify even though children may not be the most reliable witnesses. The jury is then free to consider the witness's age when deciding whether or not to rely on her testimony.

If you do not fall into any of these categories, it may well be the case that you have to testify. However, it may be a good idea for a witness to consult with an attorney to ensure his rights and interests are protected during a proceeding. For example, sometimes witnesses are afraid to testify because they fear that someone will retaliate against them. The court may be able to take special precautions with these witnesses, such as keeping the court records secret, or refusing to allow reporters in the court room.
findlaw.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

It wouldn't surprise me that he would ignore advice from his attorneys. Sometimes people are too smart for their own good.

Yup. What's that old joke? The lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.