RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:13 pm 
Policy Wonk

Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) and Senator Corey Booker (D-NJ) have been appointed to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3681 ... -committee.

Senator Harris before being elected to the U.S. Senate, served as Attorney General of California and District Attorney for the City and County of San Francisco. Senator Booker served as Mayor of Newark New Jersey.

Senator Harris is first Black Woman to serve on Judicary Committee and Senator Booker is the first Black Man to serve on the Judicary Committee.

Senator Harris famously made Attorney General Sessions nervous with her aggressive questioning last year.

Both Harris and Booker are being mentioned as possible Presidential Candidates, which I do not see happening.

The Kebbler Elf must be shitting in his pants right now....two...count them two Blacks on the Senate Judiciary Committee....what is the world coming to.

A little bit history for today as. On this date in 1967 Senator Edward Brooke (R-MA) became first Black Man to serve in the U.S. Senate.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Good, don't care about Booker, Harris needs that post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Harris is a lawyer so it would be a good fit for her with her knowledge of the courts and won't hurt her if she runs for higher office. As for Booker, his degrees are in political science and sociology so it appears his being on that committee is to pad his resume for either a run for president or vice-president.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:arrow: I thought Senator Harris was already on the Committee? My bad.... :|

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

:arrow: I thought Senator Harris was already on the Committee? My bad.... :|

She had been invited as a guest to question the Keebler Elf. She now has a permanent appointment.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

She had been invited as a guest to question the Keebler Elf. She now has a permanent appointment.

:arrow: That's good to know. Thanks marindem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Good, don't care about Booker, Harris needs that post.

:arrow: Not sure why Corey Booker got this post on the Judiciary Committee?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:08 pm 
Policy Wonk

:arrow: Not sure why Corey Booker got this post on the Judiciary Committee?

The buzz coming out the CADEM is that Booker is mentioned as a possible V.P. Nominee.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

The buzz coming out the CADEM is that Booker is mentioned as a possible V.P. Nominee.

:arrow: I hope not! Anyhow, I guess Democrats want to give this guy as much exposure as possible, apparently?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 pm 
Policy Wonk

:arrow: I hope not! Anyhow, I guess Democrats want to give this guy as much exposure as possible, apparently?

I with you Ilise. But the Dems are hot to get their possible choice out there. The problem being they do not have a Presidential Nominee yet, much a VP.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

I believe the DNC is doing the correct thing with Booker. It seems they are taking an old school approach in helping him get the experience for a future White House run. Had Obama gotten more experience either as Senator or VP I am sure his first 2-3 years, which were very poor would have been much better. Not only that his last 3 years which were excellent would have been even better.

We have had enough of unqualified or in the case of early Obama under qualified people becoming President. Of course there are outliers like W Bush who on paper looked qualified and still was horrible.

One thing our country truly needs in 2020 is to elect a person who is qualified to do the job. Looking back and forward between 20 years we only had maybe 5 years of having a fully qualified and competent President. That being the last 5 years of Obama.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

No one is ever fully qualified to be POTUS in their first term. The office has a big learning curve. It's not like being governor of Texas. The problem with Republicans is more that they always lack the personal assets for the job. Nixon was a damaged old drunk with clinical issues, George I had his compassion shot off in the war, george II never had any to begin with, and the current disaster is as fantastically unfit as you can be and still not kill yourself falling off the White House balcony.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

No one is ever fully qualified to be POTUS in their first term. The office has a big learning curve. It's not like being governor of Texas. The problem with Republicans is more that they always lack the personal assets for the job. Nixon was a damaged old drunk with clinical issues, George I had his compassion shot off in the war, george II never had any to begin with, and the current disaster is as fantastically unfit as you can be and still not kill yourself falling off the White House balcony.

Yeah, not only has a big learning curve but is too big to be done by one person. German staff command is the model. Put good people in place as advisors and cabinet secretaries. Anything else is a recipe for disaster.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.