RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, you had to hang onto Obama's statement, because you didn't have anything REAL to say against him.

Most scandal-free Presidency in modern history.

But glen would never ever once in his whole or entire life ever think of defending 45.

Which is exactly what he doing in that post.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

But glen would never ever once in his whole or entire life ever think of defending 45.

Which is exactly what he doing in that post.

I know that is what you perceive. But, what I am trying to say is if people nit pick the little things like misspeaking in a speech. Then when they point out things like calling certain countries shitholes people will tend to tune out. As just another time people are picking on poor Donald. I am afeared that it will lead him to skating on so many bad things he does.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know that is what you perceive. But, what I am trying to say is if people nit pick the little things like misspeaking in a speech. Then when they point out things like calling certain countries shitholes people will tend to tune out. As just another time people are picking on poor Donald. I am afeared that it will lead him to skating on so many bad things he does.

It's true that glen never actually says anything in opposition to things Trump does. He has to run to find something that a liberal did to throw out there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's true that glen never actually says anything in opposition to things Trump does. He has to run to find something that a liberal did to throw out there.

Actually I do quite a lot, you just choose to ignore it.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Actually I do quite a lot, you just choose to ignore it.

No, glen, you don't. When Trump does something, you don't come to a thread and say, "I know, I agree, that's just rotten". While you usually don't condone it, you always use it to attack Dems, gotta bring up something to pull the old "Dems do it too!" bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, I do bring up Obama's 57 states every chance I get, so I feel ya.

Here's the difference between what Obama said and what Trump said.

According to Snopes.com, Obama was obviously tired during a campaign stop in Beaverton, Oregon when he made the comment. He made the comment during a town hall meeting and he was speaking off the cuff. He's also acknowledged his error.

With Trump, this wasn't made while campaigning nor was it made off the cuff but he was reading from a prepared statement. To my knowledge, he hasn't admitted to making the mistake or correcting it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know that is what you perceive.

YOU are defending 45. You support 45.

YOU defend a Traitor and a Racist.

YOU support a Traitor and a Racist.

YOU are a TRAITOR and YOU are a Racist.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

YOU are defending 45. You support 45.

YOU defend a Traitor and a Racist.

YOU support a Traitor and a Racist.

YOU are a TRAITOR and YOU are a Racist.

So much for the news years truce you proposed. Why am I not surprised that you had a setback.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, glen, you don't. When Trump does something, you don't come to a thread and say, "I know, I agree, that's just rotten". While you usually don't condone it, you always use it to attack Dems, gotta bring up something to pull the old "Dems do it too!" bullshit.

The reason I come here and listen to lw radio is because I find it boring to listen to shows or communicate with those I agree with. So when I don't respond to a trump post it is because I am in agreement with the post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:20 am 
Policy Wonk

I guess given the fact that he and his spox regularly talk about nonexistent fake things, people pounce on something like this.

I have my doubts he's ever played Call of Duty and was thinking of a video game plane; he probably meant to say B-52 and said F-52 instead.

There's no scandal (unlike the shit-storm remarks), but it's just a nice excuse to make fun of a reality-challenged ignoramus in general, so I'll do it.

we don't sell b-52s prof... well...not since fred died anyway.... no.... guarantee here is what happened.... he was reading ahead in the statement. If you notice..... we sold 52 f-35s....... he was reading ahead about how many f-35s we sold and flubbed it. period....end of story.....

but we do not sell b-52s to anybody....ever....and never will

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

The B-52s are older than the people flying them, they're not made any more, and they're not for sale. Period.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

No one would want to buy them. They're too hard to keep up, easy to see, and slow. The only way they can be used is when total air superiority over an area has been achieved. The US is the only country on Earth who can dream of achieving that.

I doubt we could achieve that level of blanket air superiority over North Korea. it would take years for us to pick off their ground based aircraft stingers. Little missiles that three or four people could move around in the hills and hide.

I've never flown in one but I've been in several. The thing that is striking about them is how cramped they are on the insides. Wiring harness bundles protrude everywhere taking up most of the internal space. They aren't big high amperage wires, they're mostly control system small gauge wires. One of the fun facts about them is that each B-52 contains enough wire in their wiring harness to reach from the Earth to the Moon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, just to be clear, I know we don't sell B-52s. Hell, it IS amazing we are still flying them.

My guess was Trump was mis-thinking of B-52s (mistake one), and mis-spoke of F-52s (mistake two).

However, kempster's explanation seems most likely - confusing amounts with designations. 52 F-35s became "F-52s".

I know Rachel Maddow and other people had fun talking about the imaginary plane in the video game Call of Duty, but my guess is Trump has neither seen it nor played it.

Last edited by ProfessorX on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

The B-52s are older than the people flying them, they're not made any more, and they're not for sale. Period.

The grandchildren of the original B-52 pilots are now the same planes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:33 pm 
Policy Wonk

No one would want to buy them. They're too hard to keep up, easy to see, and slow. The only way they can be used is when total air superiority over an area has been achieved. The US is the only country on Earth who can dream of achieving that.

I doubt we could achieve that level of blanket air superiority over North Korea. it would take years for us to pick off their ground based aircraft stingers. Little missiles that three or four people could move around in the hills and hide.

I've never flown in one but I've been in several. The thing that is striking about them is how cramped they are on the insides. Wiring harness bundles protrude everywhere taking up most of the internal space. They aren't big high amperage wires, they're mostly control system small gauge wires. One of the fun facts about them is that each B-52 contains enough wire in their wiring harness to reach from the Earth to the Moon.

Sam.... I try to leave you alone.... but then you post blatantly false shit like this. I won't go into anymore detail about this ignorant post than to say that a B-52 has a max ceiling of 50,000 feet.... operationally 35K-40K fully loaded.... and a stinger has a 15K-25K ceiling......and it is a passive IR missile... Infra-red..... which is the LAST missile you would EVER want to rely on against a B-52..... when you were traipsing about on the B-52 you were TOURING.... did you happen to check out its EW suite? GOOGLE.... use it...it exists.... if only there was something i could use to search up information............! I didn't want to mention the fact that although the I am sure North Korea has some form of similar missile system.... they don't have stingers.

you kill me dude.... you really do.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:37 pm 
Policy Wonk

that was my fred reference.... fred schnieder... songwriter and .... I always think of Kate and Cindy when discussing the B-52s.... but fred was the writer and arguably the frontman........anyway.....he recently passed not too long ago.

cheers GoU

edit.....i just upped you one buddy.....lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thanks Kemp. Sam just seems to want to go negative against fellow liberals. There's a reason we're still flying B-52s - they are effective at what they do. While planes like the F-4 and F-16 are retired from front-line duty, the B-52 keeps finding ways to remain relevant. It's a hell of a plane.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:29 pm 
Policy Wonk

Thanks Kemp. Sam just seems to want to go negative against fellow liberals. There's a reason we're still flying B-52s - they are effective at what they do. While planes like the F-4 and F-16 are retired from front-line duty, the B-52 keeps finding ways to remain relevant. It's a hell of a plane.

Sam is a smart guy.... but he thinks he is.... way fucking smarter than he is.... and will never back down when everybody.... including himself knows he is wrong. Full disclosure.... I am a stubborn SOB myself, but even I will after a certain amount of discussion and research.....lol.... admit when I am fucking wrong.... he won't.....ever.....period.

edit.... and i do hate the passive aggressive nature of the arguments. That's why I have avoided him for a while.... but this complete submission of false info... can't let that shit slide.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sam.... I try to leave you alone.... but then you post blatantly false shit like this. I won't go into anymore detail about this ignorant post than to say that a B-52 has a max ceiling of 50,000 feet.... operationally 35K-40K fully loaded.... and a stinger has a 15K-25K ceiling......and it is a passive IR missile... Infra-red..... which is the LAST missile you would EVER want to rely on against a B-52..... when you were traipsing about on the B-52 you were TOURING.... did you happen to check out its EW suite? GOOGLE.... use it...it exists.... if only there was something i could use to search up information............! I didn't want to mention the fact that although the I am sure North Korea has some form of similar missile system.... they don't have stingers.

you kill me dude.... you really do.

I did not say Stinger Missile® manufactured in the USA by Raytheon for sale to nations who we don't want to arm with weapons which are likely to be able to shoot down our own aircraft.

I said "aircraft stingers" to imply any small deadly mobile crew fired missiles which are worth a damn. I said "Little missiles that three or four people could move around in the hills and hide."

One or two persons can move around and fire a worthless Stinger Missile® by Raytheon.

And what difference does to make how high a Buff can fly when they're going to send it in on a penetration raid hugging the rocks anyway. It's been eons since they've planed high altitude raids for the B-52. Not since just about every country in the world got missiles which could reach their flight ceiling. We lost 17 B -52's in combat over Vietnam.

One of the systems I did notice inside was the ground avoidance system which allowed them to hop the rocks.

I would have liked to have experienced that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

I haven't gone negative in this thread Gounion. :|

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

I did not say Stinger Missile® manufactured in the USA by Raytheon for sale to nations who we don't want to arm with weapons which are likely to be able to shoot down our own aircraft.

I said "aircraft stingers" to imply any small deadly mobile crew fired missiles which are worth a damn. I said "Little missiles that three or four people could move around in the hills and hide."

One or two persons can move around and fire a worthless Stinger Missile® by Raytheon.

And what difference does to make how high a Buff can fly when they're going to send it in on a penetration raid hugging the rocks anyway. It's been eons since they've planed high altitude raids for the B-52. Not since just about every country in the world got missiles which could reach their flight ceiling. We lost 17 B -52's in combat over Vietnam.

One of the systems I did notice inside was the ground avoidance system which allowed them to hop the rocks.

I would have liked to have experienced that.

I had no problem understanding when you uses the term "Stinger" missile you were referring to all similar shoulder-fired missiles just like when someone uses the term "Coke" to mean all soft drinks.

You're right we'd need air superiority before an invasion and that would probably be similar to the way we did it in Desert Storm. We'd first use cruise missiles to take out much of their radar installations allowing stealth bombers and attack combat jets to bomb ground installations and aircraft. Even with NK units with Stinger-type missiles surviving the initial attacks, B-52s and F-17 aircraft will have defensive methods available such as chaff (Stinger-type missiles lock on heat sources) and electronic jamming. One thing to remember, is North Korea would have to have harden communications throughout the country in order to warn its surviving units a B-52 or F117 is headed their way and that would be difficult if their radar sites are destroyed or damaged. Undoubtedly, during such a war some aircraft will be undoubtedly be shot down and crews captured/killed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:35 pm 
Policy Wonk

I had no problem understanding when you uses the term "Stinger" missile you were referring to all similar shoulder-fired missiles just like when someone uses the term "Coke" to mean all soft drinks.

You're right we'd need air superiority before an invasion and that would probably be similar to the way we did it in Desert Storm. We'd first use cruise missiles to take out much of their radar installations allowing stealth bombers and attack combat jets to bomb ground installations and aircraft. Even with NK units with Stinger-type missiles surviving the initial attacks, B-52s and F-17 aircraft will have defensive methods available such as chaff (Stinger-type missiles lock on heat sources) and electronic jamming. One thing to remember, is North Korea would have to have harden communications throughout the country in order to warn its surviving units a B-52 or F117 is headed their way and that would be difficult if their radar sites are destroyed or damaged. Undoubtedly, during such a war some aircraft will be undoubtedly be shot down and crews captured/killed.

snip.........a B-52 has a max ceiling of 50,000 feet.... operationally 35K-40K fully loaded.... and a stinger has a 15K-25K ceiling......and it is a passive IR missile... Infra-red..... which is the LAST missile you would EVER want to rely on against a B-52.

snip....I am sure North Korea has some form of similar missile system.... they don't have stingers.

thank you mr redundancy

oh... from my previous post knucklehead..... glad you agree with me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thanks Number6 for understanding that. I agree with how you expanded upon what I said.

I think we can depend on the North Koreans having already hardened their communications throughout the country. They've been digging in for more than 60 years as a national pastime. I think they have hundreds if not thousands of miles of tunnels connecting places together.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:43 am 
Policy Wonk

Thanks Number6 for understanding that. I agree with how you expanded upon what I said.

I think we can depend on the North Koreans having already hardened their communications throughout the country. They've been digging in for more than 60 years as a national pastime. I think they have hundreds if not thousands of miles of tunnels connecting places together.

You should have said.... "thank you number6 for being my friend and not looking at what i posted from a logical perspective."

Before you fellas continue to suck each others dicks...... i would remind you that the topic was about selling f-52s to Norway.

Now.... if we really want to talk shit..... I am more than capable of that....

If the subject happens to be how things are in the military..... or how we USE things in the military..... cool.....my first job after the military (20 years Electronics Technician.... Retired ETC (SW)....) was a military ELECTRONICS WARFARE FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER in Afghanistan..... for 4 straight years.

If the subject is how we fight a war on the Korean penninsula.....

I would remind both of you idiots that I was stationed on the USS Blue Ridge..... LCC-19..... Which is the 7th fleet flagship and during EVERY Korean war exercise.... is where the USFK Army General flies to in order to continue to prosecute the war on the peninsula. The last USFK prior to me rotating back to the states was General Bell.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military ... s-lens.htm

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article/Ar ... -guardian/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Blue_Ridge_(LCC-19)

http://www.usfk.mil/About/Combined-Forces-Command/

https://www.stripes.com/news/usfk-comma ... ps-1.76661

I usually dont bother to do much on this site other than to rage against idiots. You two idiots are putting out stupid factually incorrect shit.

Dangerous shit.