RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:10 am 
Board Emeritus

The problem with most Republicans in elective office is they don't have a conscience. They will defend anything Trump does, and the hypocrisy is something they can handle.

I was surprised seeing this video from GOP Rep. Mia Love. She found that she did have a boundary beyond which she just couldn't defend Trump.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Well, Mia, you're the only one. Everyone else on the right CAN defend the indefensible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:52 am 
Board Emeritus

So, it looks like the entire GOP in the room has now developed either amnesia or hearing difficulties.

However, it is NOT just Durbin (only Democrat in the room) who says he heard the remark.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/12/16885312/ ... ies-denial

Josh Dawsey, a WaPo reporter, heard the same remark.

Tim Scott (wasn't there) says Lindsay Graham initially told him about the remarks - whatever non-denials he's making now.

Jeff Flake (wasn't there) also says others told him about the shithole remark.

So fine, the last two are hearsay and Graham seems caught in a Schrodinger's Cat wormhole of it did/didn't happen, but again, either both a WaPo reporter and Durbin are lying ... or ...

Well, I'll stop there. I think we can make assessments as to credibility.

It's weird: even Trump's tweet doesn't exactly say he didn't use the word shithole, but he does admit quote "to using tough language".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:53 am 
Policy Wonk

The problem with most Republicans in elective office is they don't have a conscience. They will defend anything Trump does, and the hypocrisy is something they can handle.

I was surprised seeing this video from GOP Rep. Mia Love. She found that she did have a boundary beyond which she just couldn't defend Trump.

Well, Mia, you're the only one. Everyone else on the right CAN defend the indefensible.

I gotta honest here. I am sick and fucing tired of this "I don't recall what he (45) said", crap coming from the likes of Tom Cotton and Lindsey Graham's non-denial denial of what was said. Fucking Paul Ryan is sitting on his ass doing nothing. McConnell is doing his level best damndest to say nothing.

Republican Leadership is facing a blue tidal wave in November and they all they are doing is rearranging the deck chairs.

They are so shit scared of 45's base that they will do nothing because they are more interested in their seats than protecting their country.

Now they are more than willing to join hands and ignore the outright Racism of 45 and his words because they only want power.

Republicans are only embolding 45, I'm waiting for him come out and use the "N" word and they will do nothing.

I weep for the Party of Thomas E. Dewy, for the Party of Dwight D. Eisenhower, for the Party of Bill Miller, for Party of Barry Goldwater. Don't even think of bringing Reagan, Reagan is as dead as his party is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:10 pm 
Policy Wonk

:clap:

Commentary: WFAA anchor, daughter of Haitian immigrants responds to Trump comments

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lead by Fox and Friends and that Tucker eye brow fellow, Republicans now have a simple easy to remember and spout talking point to cover them with this issue.

"Haiti is a shithole."

it's simple, easy, and provides pretty effective coverage, they will all just cover themselves with shit and then no one can find Trump amoung them. :|

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

The GOPers in the room continue to deny (or ignore) Trump said it. P.S. it's really pissing me off that one person refusing to deal with it is local critter Diaz-Balart. I have never been one of Ileana Ros-Lehtinen's biggest fans, but, at least here, she spoke up.

And yet:
From Twitter:
Erick Erickson

@EWErickson
"It’s weird that people in the room don’t remember Trump using that word when Trump himself was calling friends to brag about it afterwards. I spoke to one of those friends. The President thought it would play well with the base."

BTW, Erick Erickson is one of Trump's militant Leftist Resistance opponents ...
Oh sorry. No, he's the head CEO of RedState and a lifelong conservative. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

I like what she says gou..... but then I like what flake says.... if she voted for his/ryan/mcturttle agenda.... as flake did.... then she can go fuck herself with the walking dead negan's barbed-wire baseball bat. As a matter of fact.... she can be glenn (not our glenn) from the walking dead. Although I would hate the negan more... I would feel less for her than I did for the walking dead glenn.... Just another PIECE OF SHIT republican trying to say the right thing while voting for that stupid ignorant cunt trump's agenda.

Actually.... that is giving her and trump more credit than they deserve... he will just sign whatever his masters put in front of him.... and she.... what a fucking worthless pos she is. Women like her are what asshole men point to as a reason to be mysogonistic.

What a fucking lying piece of trash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

I like what she says gou..... but then I like what flake says.... if she voted for his/ryan/mcturttle agenda.... as flake did.... then she can go fuck herself with the walking dead negan's barbed-wire baseball bat. As a matter of fact.... she can be glenn (not our glenn) from the walking dead. Although I would hate the negan more... I would feel less for her than I did for the walking dead glenn.... Just another PIECE OF SHIT republican trying to say the right thing while voting for that stupid ignorant cunt trump's agenda.

Actually.... that is giving her and trump more credit than they deserve... he will just sign whatever his masters put in front of him.... and she.... what a fucking worthless pos she is. Women like her are what asshole men point to as a reason to be mysogonistic.

What a fucking lying piece of trash

I agree with you completely. It's just interesting how much they've accepted, to now suddenly growing a conscience.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

The GOPers in the room continue to deny (or ignore) Trump said it. P.S. it's really pissing me off that one person refusing to deal with it is local critter Diaz-Balart. I have never been one of Ileana Ros-Lehtinen's biggest fans, but, at least here, she spoke up.

And yet:
From Twitter:
Erick Erickson

@EWErickson
"It’s weird that people in the room don’t remember Trump using that word when Trump himself was calling friends to brag about it afterwards. I spoke to one of those friends. The President thought it would play well with the base."

It did play well with the base. They're enthused, he's fighting for them, and he's using words they can relate with.

Fox is suggesting that they describe themselves as the 65 million. I watched three Fox clips yesterday and I heard that 65 million bit mentioned in all three clips.

Clinton got 65.8 million votes, Trump only got 62.9 million. So I know where that number came from.

They're also pushing a narrative that we're caught up in a Trump derangement syndrome, and they would laugh at us if they didn't feel so sorry for us.

Fox viewership is down 26% from last year, 2,258,000 daily prime time viewers. I would laugh a them if i didn't feel so sorry for them. :|

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

The hell with the Republican Party.

Any time you see me working inside the system, you know something's up. Last time that happened... damn, when was it? Too long ago. But this year is different. We're going to put this vile and non-redeemable corruption of a once-viable political party into a REAL shithole.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

From Democratic Underground:

https://demu.gr/10181028115

A Very Stable Genius to the tune of Modern Major General.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Funny.
The word plays are very much of the G&S style.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:14 pm 
Policy Wonk

45 is a Pile of Shit and those who deny he said racist things about people from Haiti is a racist as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

And yet:
From Twitter:
Erick Erickson

@EWErickson

yes, he gets his bag of bigmacs and calls "people" via phone to ask them how his shit is playing.
he makes stink during the day then calls people he "knows" and he talks about the shit he said that day.
thats what our prezpussie does til he falls into a carb stupor.

every day he plans to say or do something horribly numb dumb and stupid, becuz he wants to see
what the ratings are. he's still playing the character on the reality show, its all he knows.
he says crap during the day he eats crap at nite while he talks crap via phones.
he's a full on crap mobile.

he's only interested in ratings of what is now his tv show. merica got hosed by the dummies who
thot this guy had backbone and character.

he's a tv reality drama queen. that is all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:22 pm 
Policy Wonk

:clap:

Commentary: WFAA anchor, daughter of Haitian immigrants responds to Trump comments

yea that was pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

suddenly it seems NO ONE, I TELL YA, NO ONE HEARD THOSE WORDS!!
...hoping to leave Durbin hanging on his own.

merica has made all this shit up. we're all fake and groper is the only reel guy from merica.

play that reel long enough and see what happens. repeat.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Again, even if we ignore the statements of other people not present as hearsay (Erickson, Flake, Scott), there was a confirming 'ear'witness.

Josh Dawsey of the Washington Post, totally confirms what Durbin said.

I don't know how every GOPer in the room suddenly developed hearing problems and/or amnesia ... as I said ... but we have the journalistic standard of two people independently confirming each other's statements.

Yes, I know, somewhere out in Trumpville, they will point out one is a mind-controlled slave of Jeff Bezos, and the other is a Democrat, therefore a slave of George Soros, but still.

Finally, we have the man himself who's lied 2000 times, and has trouble remembering his own statements (*), issuing something that wasn't exactly a denial.

(*)
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-misquotes ... nal-780973
I would say the inability to quote yourself accurately could indicate developing dementia, or just the inevitable confusion that results from trying to keep constant lying coherent. Whichever it is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

there was DHS in the room but they dinnit hear a thang!!

i feel so secure now.
oh wait...she says she didnt recall "that specific phrase".
to me that can only mean he really said "those fucking shithole countries".
there ya go sweetie. remember that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:15 pm 
Policy Wonk

An unfortunate comment to be sure but I do think Trump represents the large population
of white Americans, more or less his age that have such feelings but know they cannot
express themselves in today's PC public. He's no more racist than the bulk of them but
his wealth allows him to shoot from the hip which endears him with his base who cannot
do what he does.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

It did play well with the base. They're enthused, he's fighting for them, and he's using words they can relate with.

Fox is suggesting that they describe themselves as the 65 million. I watched three Fox clips yesterday and I heard that 65 million bit mentioned in all three clips.

Bigot, nativist, xenophobe, assholes every one of them. He got 62.9 million votes, but I guarantee there are more than 65 million Trumpbsupporrers in this fucked up country. No wonder the Norwegians want nothing to do with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

An unfortunate comment to be sure but I do think Trump represents the large population
of white Americans, more or less his age that have such feelings but know they cannot
express themselves in today's PC public. He's no more racist than the bulk of them but
his wealth allows him to shoot from the hip which endears him with his base who cannot
do what he does.

PC public? WTF is PC public? It's PC to be offended by racist language and behavior? WTF???

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:57 pm 
Policy Wonk

I just saw this on Raw story. I do think Donald Trump is the darling of the mostly older
white Americans who want things as they were. These older Americans are feeling
empowered that a politician who thinks like them was elected in 2016 over that evil
candidate that they have taught to hate for over 20 years (Hillary Clinton). To these
people, a President like Trump is very real instead of the phony like so many others
and they can excuse his coarse language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... oNFvLdoHl8

I really think the upcoming 2020 elections should be about presenting an agenda
for the future (where are headed) as opposed to wanting things as they were.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bigot, nativist, xenophobe, assholes every one of them. He got 62.9 million votes, but I guarantee there are more than 65 million Trumpbsupporrers in this fucked up country. No wonder the Norwegians want nothing to do with it.

I would agree there are more than 65 million bigoted nativist, xenophobic persons in this country. Each one of them has an asshole, but quite a few of them don't have it together enough to vote, or even pay attention to news, some of them cannot even read.

Currently though Trumps voter base numbers approximately 49.4 million. That number appears to be fixed, it has not changed significantly since last May. They are the hard boiled distilled lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

I just saw this on Raw story. I do think Donald Trump is the darling of the mostly older
white Americans who want things as they were. These older Americans are feeling
empowered that a politician who thinks like them was elected in 2016 over that evil
candidate that they have taught to hate for over 20 years (Hillary Clinton). To these
people, a President like Trump is very real instead of the phony like so many others
and they can excuse his coarse language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... oNFvLdoHl8

I really think the upcoming 2020 elections should be about presenting an agenda
for the future (where are headed) as opposed to wanting things as they were.

The link is from a British racist going off on the London Tube (subway for Americans) and not an American.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next