RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, Donald Trump has completely destroyed Steve Bannon's career and life. Trump shows what he will do to those that cross him when he has the power. He forced right-wing bankroller Rebekah Mercer to dump Bannon, and forced Brietbart.com to oust him. It's over for him. He's ruined and shunned. He went down to his knees to try to apologize to Trump and save himself, but to no avail.

So what now? Well, of course, go to Mueller and help bury Trump. He's signalling he's ready to cooperate with Mueller's investigation.

Well, why not? He can be credited with destroying a President. Bannon wants to make history any way he can, and this would sure do it.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

If what you described is true, it might prove that even someone like Bannon could do something worthwhile in this life.

OK. There is Seinfeld. But other than that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, Donald Trump has completely destroyed Steve Bannon's career and life. Trump shows what he will do to those that cross him when he has the power. He forced right-wing bankroller Rebekah Mercer to dump Bannon, and forced Brietbart.com to oust him. It's over for him. He's ruined and shunned. He went down to his knees to try to apologize to Trump and save himself, but to no avail.

So what now? Well, of course, go to Mueller and help bury Trump. He's signalling he's ready to cooperate with Mueller's investigation.

Well, why not? He can be credited with destroying a President. Bannon wants to make history any way he can, and this would sure do it.

i found that pretty weird. so sudden so public. i had to take a shower.

the movie The Post is out. the comparisons to watergate all this time, this last year..or was it more,
at least the entire time since groper took the oath, the comparisons to watergate.
why of course ole steve would do this, turn to mueller. i think he warned groper thru that stupid 'apology'.

steve aint no dummy, he may be a slovenly self righteous racist sexist cockroach but he knows where
the actual journalism is. he's setting himself up for a good character role in the first movie.
which would be after the numerous to countless Books already being written about groper-gate.

he is a Main Character.

and heres the thing: he Knows All the Others quitting their WH jobs who will be standing in the line
behind steve-o waiting for that book deal he got first.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rainwater, I didn't think of that - you got it! A book deal! That's where he can clean up. Turn state's evidence, become this scandal's John Dean.

Then he'll be the respected whistle-blower that takes down Trump - and he can start building a new media empire.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

He'll take down Trump, grab his spotlight, say he had to do it because His Guy betrayed the true faith, and was being voodoo mind controlled by the evils of Javanka, but prediction, he'll continue supporting Trump-like/Trumpist candidates in GOP primaries. This seems the niche where he wants to be.

John Dean went on to be an interesting and good man. I read his book Conservatives Without Conscience. Great stuff.

I don't see that for Bannon. He may not be at Breitbart or in the White House anymore, but it looks like he'll stick to his mission of making sure alt-lite shit floats to the top. Unlike John Dean, he won't have anything useful to offer after.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

oh i agree, prof...he is just in it for the money. he just realized--or someone pointed out to him--that he
is first in line.

he will sell it all and he wont alter his behavior one bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

He'll try to spin it that Trump stabbed the base in the back with Putin, as Trump is destroyed. So that he can end up as the leader again. Can he pull it off? No, but he'll try. He's got the ego.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

It seems like the first paragraph relates to old news. I'm able to connect the references to what I've read in the news.

In the second paragraph there seems to be a suggestion that Bannon's going to turn on Trump, run to Mueller and stab him in the back.

And it's related as if it's possibly fact and it's in the news. "He's signalling" suggests it's something I could find. I wonder what news it's in?

It seems like it would be bombshell breaking news. :shock:

When I look at the news all I find is that Bannon lawyers up today. And he doesn't even lawyer up for meeting with Mueller, nor will this lawyer coverage cover his time at the White house. He only hired this lawyer to cover him for his role on Trump’s campaign, and only for the his hearing before Congress.

Bannon hires lawyer as he prepares for Russia-related congressional testimony

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... fff8f98f3a

Quote:
Bannon’s hiring of Burck was first reported by the Daily Beast.

Burck, co-managing partner at the firm Quinn Emanuel, is also representing other key members of Trump’s campaign and White House staff, including former chief of staff Reince Priebus and White House Counsel Donald McGahn.

The person familiar with the arrangement said Burck’s representation is limited to congressional testimony and does not include preparing Bannon to speak to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III. It also covers only Bannon’s role on Trump’s campaign, as opposed to events that occurred during the presidential transition or while Bannon served as a top aide to Trump in the White House.

At the Washington Post it says the story came from the Daily Beast a less than all the time credible source, because they like to pump things they say up and make their stories sound big.

I looked there and I found what might possibly be behind this idea that Bannon is going to stab Trump in the back, ruin him.

This sentence "Sources also said Bannon plans to “fully cooperate” with investigators." That sentence seems to be it. That sentence seems to be what the Beast is using to press this crazy idea that Bannon is going to turn on Trump and tell Muller everything.

The Beast clearly realizes that Bannon has hired his lawyer from the same house as some of the white house staff and spends three paragraphs trying to make that go away so that this idea that Bannon is going rouge can flourish in their article.

Why has the limited nature of this lawyers propose not been analyzed???

How might Trump and his administration benefit if were arranged that "Sources" were to tell the Beast that Bannon plans to “fully cooperate” with investigators???

Why those factors might benefit Trump is because when Bannon does testify before the House, and his testimony turns out to be a nothing burger insofar as nailing Trump, if the prevailing impression were to be held that Bannon wouldn't be holding anything back because he's there to stab Trump in the back, then House Republicans could stand up and shout:

IT'S A BIG FAT NOTHING BURGER! SEE! TRUMP'S NOT IN TROUBLE!

Nothing to see here folks go home.

:|

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Plant your flag there, Sam. Go with that, see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Just a theory - but I think all this trash coming out on Trump is coming from Bannon. Like the Wall Street Journal story on the payoffs for the women. Bannon wouldn't leak that to the WaPo or Buzzfeed - he'd leak it to his old pal Rupert Murdock, who has never been a Trump fan, as we've found out lately.

I think not only will Bannon cooperate with Mueller, he's going to continue to be the biggest leaker around.

That's how I see it right now. It fits - Bannon has been totally cast out by Trump, and destroyed. He's not just going to take it and retire. He's going to work to take down the man who took him down.