RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is a load of the familiar brown article.

I don't know any "liberals" who want $9 a gallon fuel here, and you don't either. The distances here are greater than Europe, and long-haul trucking is more important. (Yes I know trucks use diesel. But that stuff costs money too.)

I know a lot of people who would like us to use less fuel. That's different.

I'm sick of "the left." I'm not convinced that you can tell a real left from Spy vs. Spy. You get your idea of a left from radio talk show hosts. It's all propaganda and images from long gone history.

What you are doing there is taking all the good things a place like Norway has and asking why don't we have that here. While ignoring the details in what they have to do to make those good things happen. Two examples being a 51% effective tax rate and $9 a gallon gas.

You act as if we could have the social programs Norway has without any disruption of our current lives and without a massive tax increase along with massive changes to the way we spend our current tax dollars.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

What you are doing there is taking all the good things a place like Norway has and asking why don't we have that here. While ignoring the details in what they have to do to make those good things happen. Two examples being a 51% effective tax rate and $9 a gallon gas.

You act as if we could have the social programs Norway has without any disruption of our current lives and without a massive tax increase along with massive changes to the way we spend our current tax dollars.

What disruption? What you are doing is called anticipating regret. You have no idea and even less data on which to base your assertion. You anticipate it will turn out poorly.

Nothing more, nothing less.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, I thought I could here the sound of bishops being polished, dolphins being waxed and monkeys being spanked.

This action is aimed at California by way of the immigrants. Trump wants to punish California because California gave him the finger. I don’t see a whole lot of crackdowns happening in the deep Confederate States of America. If people think their agriculture doesn’t benefit from immigrants they are smoking dope.

The only reason they have year-round produce from here is 1- the climate and 2- the migrant workers.

They're never gonna get their confederate dream of kicking out the Mexicans and sending us back to the plantation. It makes them want to mass-murder.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Medical care is approaching 20% of our gross national product. Norway? 7.7 percent.

We could have that. We just need to stop listening to Republicans.