Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:10 am 
Board Emeritus

New York Man Charged With Stalking Rep. Kyrsten Sinema

U.S. Capitol Police arrested a suspected stalker outside the Washington, D.C., office of Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/investiga ... 02273.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Well, I'll tell ya...if I were caught stalking a current member of the US House, it would be Kyrsten Sinema. :oops:

And just to show that I'm not a total pig...everybody should read this woman's story. She' remarkable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 am 
Board Emeritus

She's bisexual, so she might get double the number of stalkers.

BTW, Ike, she's a Blue Dog, and one of only 5 Democrats to be endorsed for re-election in 2014 by the Chamber of Commerce.

We've got a big tent. I'm Ok with it. It'd be worse to have a Republican in her seat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 am 
Board Emeritus

BTW, Ike, she's a Blue Dog, and one of only 5 Democrats to be endorsed for re-election in 2014 by the Chamber of Commerce.

Yep...nobody's perfect I guess. Her economics and attitudes about certain socials programs, medicaid in particular are troublesome, indeed. But she supports a lot of the right stuff, particularly social issues. Her record has her voting along with her Democratic colleagues about 75% of the time. It's way, way more than we ever got out of current lefty darling Jeff Flake...which is nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:04 am 
Policy Wonk

Yep...nobody's perfect I guess. Her economics and attitudes about certain socials programs, medicaid in particular are troublesome, indeed. But she supports a lot of the right stuff, particularly social issues. Her record has her voting along with her Democratic colleagues about 75% of the time. It's way, way more than we ever got out of current lefty darling Jeff Flake...which is nothing.

She is the Arizona 9th rep and I live in the 5th. District border is about 4 miles to the west. Her decision on to run for Flake's open seat really opened things up. Mayor of phoenix... who is left of her..... is running for her seat... and he will crush it. He can kill in her district... she is more of a blue dog.... but truly progressive candidates don't fare that well usually in state-wide elections. I think as the demographics are changing in AZ.... Stanton (Sorry.... Phoenix mayor) is probably eyeing McCain's soon to be open seat. He is NOT doing well unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Re: Flake I heard Dean Obadallah (spelling?) on his show saying Flake deserved praise for speaking out against Trump. OK. I get his point but no. Speaking out a couple of times or even a handful of times while supporting basically everything Trump has put forth including the so-called tax bill doesn’t qualify for much but faint praise. Flake showed himself to be a gutless turd. He can pop off now because there is no possibility of negative impact on his career in government. One wouldn’t be surprised if a lobbying career isn’t in his plans.

As for Sinema that is more complex. Social issues are important. She obviously has a vested interest in some of them. But so are other issues like economics. That includes Medicaid. So, no, I am not thrilled she is a Dem. I am happy she isn’t a conservative self-hater but she needs to be educated regarding economic issues. Supporting Democratic colleagues 75% of the time is a “C”. Of more importance is what issues she supports Democrats and what issues she doesn’t.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 am 
Policy Wonk

Re: Flake I heard Dean Obadallah (spelling?) on his show saying Flake deserved praise for speaking out against Trump. OK. I get his point but no. Speaking out a couple of times or even a handful of times while supporting basically everything Trump has put forth including the so-called tax bill doesn’t qualify for much but faint praise. Flake showed himself to be a gutless turd. He can pop off now because there is no possibility of negative impact on his career in government. One wouldn’t be surprised if a lobbying career isn’t in his plans.

As for Sinema that is more complex. Social issues are important. She obviously has a vested interest in some of them. But so are other issues like economics. That includes Medicaid. So, no, I am not thrilled she is a Dem. I am happy she isn’t a conservative self-hater but she needs to be educated regarding economic issues. Supporting Democratic colleagues 75% of the time is a “C”. Of more importance is what issues she supports Democrats and what issues she doesn’t.

Totally get your point bird..... totally.... Regarding Dean.... Flake can go fuck himself.....and how ever many wives he has.... the muthufucker has a town named after his family...sorry for my poor chappelle impersonation....seriously though... flake can go fuck himself...saying all that PC crap to sell his book (Conservative with a Conscience)..... then voting for that shit..... In real life they say .... put your money where your mouth is..... in politics..... BITCH.... put your vote where your mouth is.... Flake kills me.

Regarding Sinema........ I would rather get a C than an R.... that's 12 letters worse than an F and 14 worse than a D. End of story... dropping the deuces....kempster out.

Love ya bird.... hate that your theorem still holds true....... I would love to at some point..... some day.... say to you....not anymore.... but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

Cheers