RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Or else a rifle butt to the neck.

:roll: another miserable conservative white male with violent fantasies.

Imagine my shock. :problem:

Quote:
This guy gets it.

:problem:

Only aggrieved confederates and goosestepping, resentful redhats cower from guys like that.

I suppose they don't teach anything else at troll school.

Conservatives, especially donald trump Know-Nothings, aren't owed anything.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 am 
Board Emeritus

Woohoo! I'm somebody!

Navin, Johnson, R

I'm in the Honeycomb Hideout!

Awesome.

Thank you, and I say this with utmost sincerity... you WILL regret this.

You're welcome.

The kinds of things I might come to regret exist in real life where there's no reset button.

My latest regret was not having the tip of my index finger completely out of the way. That was on that so called "Sunday" a week ago. :|

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:32 am 
Board Emeritus

Thank you, and I say this with utmost sincerity... you WILL regret this.

:problem: sounds like a threat. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:44 am 
Board Emeritus

Wow, that's terrific. So you and Ted invited a racist troll over here to mix it up and completely derail threads. Give yourselves a pat on the back. I doubt he'll be here for very long.

I think Creasy might fall somewhat short of being a racist troll Drak. Remember that both dragons and trolls are people too. Everyone has feelings.

Ted did the inviting I think, I assume, I haven't asked, he hasn't said. I would have invited Creasy to join if I had known him and I thought he would be interested in joining our board.

I don't care if they're Republican or Democrats when it comes to new members for the board. I wouldn't ask an Anti-Semite KKK skin head to join. That isn't going to come up, I don't talk with them.

I try to round up people and get them to join the board whenever I think I've met someone would like to join. I think that is a responsibility of every member to be on the look out for potential new members, and to encourage them to join the board whenever possible.

Don't you agree?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:52 am 
Board Emeritus

:problem: sounds like a threat. :roll:

Sound's like bongos to me. Not the large one, the hembra, I mean the wee one, the macho.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:03 am 
Board Emeritus

I think Creasy might fall somewhat short of being a racist troll Drak. Remember that both dragons and trolls are people too. Everyone has feelings.

Ted did the inviting I think, I assume, I haven't asked, he hasn't said. I would have invited Creasy to join if I had known him and I thought he would be interested in joining our board.

I don't care if they're Republican or Democrats when it comes to new members for the board. I wouldn't ask an Anti-Semite KKK skin head to join. That isn't going to come up, I don't talk with them.

I try to round up people and get them to join the board whenever I think I've met someone would like to join. I think that is a responsibility of every member to be on the look out for potential new members, and to encourage them to join the board whenever possible.

Don't you agree?

Nah, he's here to post standard 1992-era white con complaints about blacks, that is, when he's not insulting others or whining about this board in general.

Same as any other boilerplate conservative troll on the internet; whats the diff.

Lol I betcha any $ he also owns a business. :problem:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:57 am 

Yeah, Troy. Welcome aboard.

http://www.cyberangler.com/fishing-repo ... -creasy/1/

CyberAngler - Capt. Troy Creasy's fishing reports.

I notice from your websites, you're good at trolling for fish.

That's totally me. Damn you for doxxing me. Please don't go and harass that gu... um, I mean me... please don't harass me, Capt. Tony Creasy, because that would be terrible, and not at all hilarious.

So please don't do that. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:59 am 
Board Emeritus

I don't care if they're Republican or Democrats when it comes to new members for the board.

Neither do I, liberal Republicans are welcome at radiofree-liberal ... if you can find one, these days. :D I kid, of course, despite the name, conservatives are welcome. As are new people. :mrgreen:

Everybody's welcome at my tree house. Thing is, don't be surprised if I'm less welcoming when the first thing you do at arrival is piss in the wading pool.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:04 am 
Board Emeritus

That's totally me. Damn you for doxxing me. Please don't go and harass that gu... um, I mean me... please don't harass me, Capt. Tony Creasy, because that would be terrible, and not at all hilarious.

So please don't do that. Thank you.

That's not my thing. Yeah, I've had one or two people think it's funny to send me weird and unwelcome "gifts" in the mail after finding out my real address, and of course, make sure it's billed to recipient. Oh, that was hilarious. NOT. I don't get this harassing people in real life thing ... heck, I don't even like cyber bullying.

So, that's why I go by X. My first rule of Internet anonymity -- if you don't want to be found, don't use your real name as your username/handle. :D Now, that said, if you are in real life, John Smith ... you're probably fine, nobody can figure out which of 20,000 John Smiths you actually are.

Look at it this way. I might have even drummed up some additional business for your fishing tours - don't say I never did you any favors. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:18 am 

Nah, he's here to post standard 1992-era white con complaints about blacks, that is, when he's not insulting others or whining about this board in general.

Same as any other boilerplate conservative troll on the internet; whats the diff.

Lol I betcha any $ he also owns a business. :problem:

I'm a boilerplate conservative troll who knows the struggle, my brothers.

That's me in Africa a coupla buncha months ago outside the prison were they kept that Mandela rabble rouser oppressified.

And, no, I don't own a business. I'm a regular workin' stiff. A 40-hour-a-week Regular Joe who does real-world work. Sorry to have to crush your capitalist-fat-cat hate boner, and take your filthy capitalist $.

I would like my $100 Ameringo winnings paid to me in small, unmarked bitcoins, thankyouverymuch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:32 am 

Only aggrieved confederates and goosestepping, resentful redhats cower from guys like that.

Goosestepping confederates?

Is this guy for real? I mean like, does he ever turn this off?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 am 
Board Emeritus

She's a she, cap'n.

(not just the avatar, the real person).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:53 am 

Neither do I, liberal Republicans are welcome at radiofree-liberal ... if you can find one, these days. :D I kid, of course, despite the name, conservatives are welcome. As are new people. :mrgreen:

Everybody's welcome at my tree house. Thing is, don't be surprised if I'm less welcoming when the first thing you do at arrival is piss in the wading pool.

Hey, a girl needs to make an entrance.

Not pissing in the pool as much as testing the waters. The vast majority of message board forums of a "liberal" leaning are going to be echo chambers, where anybody who isn't in perfect lockstop with the thin-skinned liberal groupthink will be bounced, and usually sooner rather than later. I've seen enough of them, and that's just the way they are.

If this is a place like that, I'd prefer the bouncing be sooner, so my time isn't wasted.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:55 am 

She's a she, cap'n.

(not just the avatar, the real person).

How dare you assume xir's gender?! That's so racist!

Seriously though, my apologies, madame jonze.. if that's the sort of thing that offends you.

Last edited by Capt. Creasy on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Hey, a girl needs to make an entrance.

Not pissing in the pool as much as testing the waters. The vast majority of message board forums of a "liberal" leaning are going to be echo chambers, where anybody who isn't in perfect lockstop with the thin-skinned liberal groupthink will be bounced, and usually sooner rather than later. I've seen enough of them, and that's just the way they are.

If this is a place like that, I'd prefer the bouncing be sooner, so my time isn't wasted.

Your decision.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 am 
Board Emeritus

Whereas conservative boards are grand platforms for the diversity of thought, and people won't be screaming for the snowflake cuck SJW bleeding heart to be bounced in microseconds.

I don't frequent free republic and places like that, or Hannity's board, but I occasionally do browse. Yeah, let's just say I can't exactly see those folks having a large, un-hypocritical standing ground for demanding open-mindedness and welcoming differences of opinion.

It's odd ... conservatives have basically taken over the talk radio landscape. There used to be a liberal radio station here in Miami. It's gone. Heck, I don't know how many are left in the U.S. Clear Channel/iHeart Monopoly certainly shut all of theirs down and now seem to be having financial problems. Where's the tiny violin? Now all I have is 610 WIOD, which is conserva-talk 24/7. I get to listen to caller after caller complain that they can't be heard on/in/through the media, when that's all there is on the radio, all day. :roll:

Democratic Underground started a forum called Discussionist which is supposed to be ... well, whatever you'd call it ... bi-ideological. You know, I don't mind arguing and discussing ideas and winding up with differences of opinion. It's going to happen. Liberals argue with each other plenty. Just wait, primaries are coming up.

Discussionist is just a cesspool of poop-flinging. You know, it really kind of galls me in a way. I don't mind arguing ideas ... I think that serves a purpose. Sometimes I'm even occasionally wrong and need to revise my POV. It happens. :mrgreen: I guess I would say I get tired of the rudeness and haranguing and personal attacks and trolling. There is a civilized way to express our differences of opinion, I usually stick with it. Of course, as I have said, I live by the Golden Rule, I am rude to the rude, so if I call Donald Trump names, it's only because he does it to others constantly. Plus, I just think public figures should be mocked, especially when they are ridiculously full of themselves. Best way of reminding emperors of their nakedness.

Quote:

I haven't been here that long, but I understand conservatives have been here for years. It isn't your ideology that will get you bounced.

Last edited by ProfessorX on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 am 
Board Emeritus

How dare you assume xir's gender?! That's so racist!

Seriously though, my apologies, madame jonze.. if that's the sort of thing that offends you.

Some things I actually know and don't have to assume. ;)

BTW, we haven't got to her race and sexual orientation yet. I don't speak for other people, she can do it for herself. (The avatar does offer a 2nd clue.)

I doubt she's offended by use of the wrong pronoun, but, I figured, what the heck, might as well tell you the correct one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 am 
Political Junkie

Whereas conservative boards are grand platforms for the diversity of thought, and people won't be screaming for the snowflake cuck SJW bleeding heart to be bounced in microseconds.

I don't frequent free republic and places like that, or Hannity's board, but I occasionally do browse. Yeah, let's just say I can't exactly see those folks having a large, un-hypocritical standing ground for demanding open-mindedness and welcoming differences of opinion.

It's odd ... conservatives have basically taken over the talk radio landscape. There used to be a liberal radio station here in Miami. It's gone. Heck, I don't know how many are left in the U.S. Clear Channel/iHeart Monopoly certainly shut all of theirs down and now seem to be having financial problems. Where's the tiny violin? Now all I have is 610 WIOD, which is conserva-talk 24/7. I get to listen to caller after caller complain that they can't be heard on/in/through the media, when that's all there is on the radio, all day. :roll:

Democratic Underground started a forum called Discussionist which is supposed to be ... well, whatever you'd call it ... bi-ideological. You know, I don't mind arguing and discussing ideas and winding up with differences of opinion. It's going to happen. Liberals argue with each other plenty. Just wait, primaries are coming up.

Discussionist is just a cesspool of poop-flinging. You know, it really kind of galls me in a way. I don't mind arguing ideas ... I think that serves a purpose. Sometimes I'm even occasionally wrong and need to revise my POV. It happens. :mrgreen: I guess I would say I get tired of the rudeness and haranguing and personal attacks and trolling. There is a civilized way to express our differences of opinion, I usually stick with it. Of course, as I have said, I live by the Golden Rule, I am rude to the rude, so if I call Donald Trump names, it's only because he does it to others constantly. Plus, I just think public figures should be mocked, especially when they are ridiculously full of themselves. Best way of reminding emperors of their nakedness.

I haven't been here that long, but I understand conservatives have been here for years. It isn't your ideology that will get you bounced.

Well said. Ya have my vote.

As bird mentioned, the new guy has a choice. Gravitate towards trolling or discussion. His choice.

(With the buttons he's pressing it, so far, seems that his choice is a lean towards trolling. Remains to be seen i guess.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:20 am 

It's very simple why liberal radio can't compete with conservative radio, because radio is hard work. Hosting a radio show is hard work, and hosting a radio show that generates a profit is even harder work. Liberals aren't hard workers, and that's why they're always demanding that other people pay for the things they want... healthcare, college tuition, oh... and radio. Hence, NPR... National Public Radio. Radio that somebody else pays for. That's liberal radio. NPR is a perfect example of liberal radio that "works". It works, because somebody else pays for it, so they don't have to compete to survive, and therefore nobody has to work very hard at it. Low effort, somebody else pays... that's the liberal way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:38 am 
Board Emeritus

Come on, cap'n.

You're using the wrong arguments. Clearly, liberal radio has failed because nobody is interested in listening to it. It can't compete with conservative radio because, after all, nobody's out there to listen to it. Or if they do they have no money, so they can't buy whatever the advertisers are selling. :D

Thing is, my main point was not about the prevalence of conservative radio, just the oddity of people saying conservative voices can't be heard. :roll:

BTW, here's NPR's finances. Not that much comes from CPB/government/the taxpayer.

37% comes from, as they always say on those pledge drives, "listeners like you".

If they were so lazy as you say, and put out crap programming, my guess is there would not be very many listener donations/contributions.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:42 am 
Board Emeritus

Sitting on your fat ass, chugging back pills whilst spewing lies and hatred to a braindead audience is hard work? Interesting.

IMO, Liberal radio can't compete because liberal radio isn't ultra aggressive in tone, and tends to deal in reality instead of fantasy. Right wing radio appeals to a mindset that easily buys into hatred, bullshit and conspiracy theories. I've sampled both occasionally on car trips in the past, and the only person that came close to mimicking the right wing radio tone wise was Ed Shultz. The problem is, liberals aren't as easily distracted and tend to see through the BS pretty easily. People that think for themselves tend to tune out. Right wing radio has been a solid OP, even if passively, for the RIS prior to what's happening now on social media, doing a solid job of dividing Americans.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 am 

Come on, cap'n.

You're using the wrong arguments. Clearly, liberal radio has failed because nobody is interested in listening to it. It can't compete with conservative radio because, after all, nobody's out there to listen to it. Or if they do they have no money, so they can't buy whatever the advertisers are selling. :D

Thing is, my main point was not about the prevalence of conservative radio, just the oddity of people saying conservative voices can't be heard. :roll:

BTW, here's NPR's finances. Not that much comes from CPB/government/the taxpayer.

37% comes from, as they always say on those pledge drives, "listeners like you".

If they were so lazy as you say, and put out crap programming, my guess is there would not be very many listener donations/contributions.

If liberals put in the work, and put out a decent radio product, they could compete with conservative radio, and they wouldn't need charity and government handouts, now would they?

How much of Rush Limbaugh's show is financed by charitable donations, and taxpayer dollars?

NPR's audience is huge, and they're ratings are very high, so what's stopping the liberals of the NPR ilk from tapping that audience and turning a profit on a non-charity business model?

Simple, liberals stink at the free market. Too much like work.

You'd think people who love free shit as much as the liberals do would be better at the free market. It's Ironical.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:52 am 
Board Emeritus

Don't you agree?

No, I don't agree. It's not my job to go out and enlist posters, and it's not your job either. If you "want" to bring people for more discussion, that's cool and I have no problem new members, left or right, and I'm sure everyone here would agree with that. But the new guy came in trolling right off the hop, and hasn't added anything to the discussion on his first day other than spamming the board with BS and derailments.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:54 am 

Oh, and when did I ever make the argument that conservative voices can't be heard?

Conservatives are kicking ass in the modern media... so much so that places like YouTube and Twitter have been scrambling to figures out way to reighn them in and bleed them dry.

And yes, conservatives dominate the airwaves. The liberals haven't figured out how to make the jamming device work up in the skies yet. I'm sure they're working on it though... just not very hard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 am 
Board Emeritus

It's very simple why liberal radio can't compete with conservative radio, because radio is hard work. Hosting a radio show is hard work, and hosting a radio show that generates a profit is even harder work. Liberals aren't hard workers, and that's why they're always demanding that other people pay for the things they want... healthcare, college tuition, oh... and radio. Hence, NPR... National Public Radio. Radio that somebody else pays for. That's liberal radio. NPR is a perfect example of liberal radio that "works". It works, because somebody else pays for it, so they don't have to compete to survive, and therefore nobody has to work very hard at it. Low effort, somebody else pays... that's the liberal way.

Hard work??? Liberals aren't hard workers??? I wish someone had told me that before I did a lifetime of hard work.

:|

Liberal radio can't compete with conservative radio because liberals generally prefer to read. Reading is faster, I can read three or four times faster than anyone can talk. I can cover more ground and have that saved time available to do more hard work.

The only time during my life I've listened to radio was when I was driving a service truck around. Between those intervals during the day when I was doing that hard work. Driving around was by comparison light work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next