RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Because the accusers are women, and they don't give a damn about them.

And also gay men.

At the end of the day, gay men still just = AIDS, to these creeps.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:53 pm 
Policy Wonk

I guess that just proves that women are not to be trusted, right?

not at all I dont know any better than you whos wrong in this case.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

Ever notice the people crying "due process" never want "due process" for the accuser? Whether it's one of their false accusers or the hundreds of actual victims of these men?

It's almost funny to me that these same people are quick to trot out stories of false accusations, but are seemingly -- incredibly -- very uninterested in "due process" for the world's most infamous false accuser, Carolyn Bryant. Almost funny.

We can hear a pin drop from the due process crowd on Carolyn Bryant. :problem:

that's a good example of why we should have due process.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

not at all I dont know any better than you whos wrong in this case.

So, just keep with the status quo. I asked before - Weinstein hasn't been convicted in a court of law, so he should be considered innocent, right?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:38 pm 
Policy Wonk

So, just keep with the status quo. I asked before - Weinstein hasn't been convicted in a court of law, so he should be considered innocent, right?

whats the status quo in this case? Detroit has a history of not processing rape kits and only through charitable donations have they been recently funded so many years after the fact. and yes weinstein should be considered innocent until proven guilty the same as anyone else accused of a crime.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

whats the status quo in this case? Detroit has a history of not processing rape kits and only through charitable donations have they been recently funded so many years after the fact. and yes weinstein should be considered innocent until proven guilty the same as anyone else accused of a crime.

So any boss harassing an employee must be convicted in a court of law before the company can remove them for cause.

Got it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

that's a good example of why we should have due process.

Lol "due process". :problem:

1 - Carolyn Bryant is still living and has admitted to lying.

2 - A jury found Till's murderers not guilty.

3 - refer to step 1

Some of you guys talk on about lynchmobs and mob rule and other ridiculous metaphors, all while suggesting accusers exaggerate and can't be trusted?

cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:19 pm 
Policy Wonk

Lol "due process". :problem:

1 - Carolyn Bryant is still living.

2 - A jury found Till's murderers not guilty.

3 - refer to step 1

Some of you guys talk on about lynchmobs and mob rule and other ridiculous metaphors, all while suggesting accusers exaggerate and can't be trusted?

well I dont know what else we can do without becoming like those that killed Emmit Till. And I dont want to be like them. we got due process and we got violate people at will in a fury of self righteous indignation. I trust the first option way more in spite of it failures and weaknesses.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

And who cares how many girls said that Larry Nassar molested them, he sure deserves to continue to molest children until proven guilty.

Right?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

well I dont know what else we can do without becoming like those that killed Emmit Till. And I dont want to be like them. we got due process and we got violate people at will in a fury of self righteous indignation. I trust the first option way more in spite of it failures and weaknesses.

Translation: "Protect the men!"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

well I dont know what else we can do without becoming like those that killed Emmit Till.

Who is in danger of becoming like those that killed Emmett Till? Point them out.

Quote:
And I dont want to be like them. we got due process and we got violate people at will in a fury of self righteous indignation. I trust the first option way more in spite of it failures and weaknesses.

What's fascinating is that the self-righteous indignation coming from the supposed "due process" people, clutching your pearls and accusing others of self-righteous indignation.

Yes, you ought to be indignant over males molesting, raping, harassing, and abusing many dozens of women apiece.

How many years did it take, how many girls/women had to come forward to put Larry Nassar on trial?

But hey, it's just 150 girls.

Plus, you guys are SILENT about what should become of Carolyn Bryant, known liar. How come?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Translation: "Protect the men!"

Brock Turmer has his whole life ahead of him!

And these self-righteous indignants want him to serve jail time!! which is going to ruin his bright future for twenty minutes of action!!!

:problem:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here's the problem: Uma Thurman came out and accused Weinstein of assault.

So, what does Drudge do? One of several headlines to different stories: "Why Did She Wait 25 Years?"

Well, because she wouldn't be believed, for one thing!

THIS is the status quo that MC wants to keep. If it can't be proved in a court of law, nothing should happen. No matter how many come forward.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm old-fashioned, and I always learned to PROTECT women, and stand up for them.

Obviously not all men here are concerned about the well-being of women.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here's the problem: Uma Thurman came out and accused Weinstein of assault.

So, what does Drudge do? One of several headlines to different stories: "Why Did She Wait 25 Years?"

Well, because she wouldn't be believed, for one thing!

THIS is the status quo that MC wants to keep. If it can't be proved in a court of law, nothing should happen. No matter how many come forward.

These guys don't get that to bring a sexual harassment case, you already have to be lawyered up. Then you have to have months of documentation because it's your word against his, and he's automatically going to be believed, since you are very obviously a golddigging slut or manhating lesbian or frigid woman or all three...otherwise, why would you be doing this, even?

Anyway, if you're lawyered up (only middle management and above can afford this), HR just might take you seriously in order to avoid a lawsuit.

The other thing they can do if you're lawyered up is settle, making you also settle for an NDR.

#dueprocess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm old-fashioned, and I always learned to PROTECT women, and stand up for them.

Obviously not all men here are concerned about the well-being of women.

That protection bit is too often a double-edged sword. I don't need protection of my peers. I don't even need protection FROM my peers. Peers should act like peers, and that's really it. This is way over the due-process guys' heads.

Plus, the protection game is not set up for us sluts/manhatinglesbians/frigid women.

Trick is, Sally Sundayschool makes a harassment charge, she automatically becomes a slut/manhatinglesbian/frigid woman. God help her if she's green enough to do so without being lawyered up. :problem:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

That protection bit is too often a double-edged sword. I don't need protection of my peers. I don't even need protection FROM my peers. Peers should act like peers, and that's really it. This is way over the due-process guys' heads.

Plus, the protection game is not set up for us sluts/manhatinglesbians/frigid women.

Trick is, Sally Sundayschool makes a harassment charge, she automatically becomes a slut/manhatinglesbian/frigid woman. God help her if she's green enough to do so without being lawyered up. :problem:

Yeah, I know, it's chauvinistic of me. It's sexist of me.

But I believe women can compete with men, can do anything they want, deserve equal rights and equal pay. I respect their capabilities and consider them equals.

So, I would beg forgiveness for my neanderthal weakness. :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, I know, it's chauvinistic of me. It's sexist of me.

But I believe women can compete with men, can do anything they want, deserve equal rights and equal pay. I respect their capabilities and consider them equals.

So, I would beg forgiveness for my neanderthal weakness. :D

Nah, I wasn't getting down on ya. I just work in a 95% male industry and have for my entire adulthood after school. It wouldn't have worked without guys who know how to be actual peers. And actual mentors (and not freaks out for xxx :problem:) . So I know guys can control themselves, despite what so many of them have been told.

This is something else the "due process" peeps will never, ever get. Talk about it with many of them long enough and they will eventually let on that women simply do not belong in 95% male environments, despite the successes of those of us who are.

Interestingly enough, it's due to the same logic as compulsory hijab and sex segregation. Were we not distractions for these clowns who won't keep it in their pants, they would not be sinners. :? :roll: :problem:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

After millennia of the victimization of women by men...anybody who questions the need for MASSIVE cultural change in regard to this issue is an ass.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

I hope everyone will listen to this entire interview

Laura Kipnis on the State of #MeToo - WNYC

Quote:
Laura Kipnis is a professor at Northwestern University and a provocative feminist critic. Her book “Unwanted Advances: Sexual Paranoia Comes to Campus” states, “If this is feminism, it’s feminism hijacked by melodrama.” She has been accused of violating Title IX by creating a hostile environment for students to report harassment. Kipnis, who supports the movement, tells the staff writer Alexandra Schwartz that the grassroots power of public revelations is being hijacked by institutions in a power grab to control the lives of employees and students. The real feminist lesson of cases like Aziz Ansari’s much-discussed bad date, Kipnis thinks, is that women as well as men need to reflect on how they conduct themselves in heterosexual relationships.

Of course, this is focused on heterosexual women and their problems with males.

I adore Laura Kipnis, not because I agree with every single little thing she says, I don't, but she has a really nice way of cutting through b.s. TMK, she is heterosexual.

For those of us who are not heterosexual, we've been saying this for a long time: heteros take responsibility for your sexuality and your sexual behavior, whatever your gender is. Yes, you can. We have been doing it for eons. Time for you to start. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

After millennia of the victimization of women by men...anybody who questions the need for MASSIVE cultural change in regard to this issue is an ass.

Yes I think it has a real chance of happening with #metoo and #timesup. Not like a lot of us have seen in a generation.

For the past two years I've known a few women much older than me who have gone to the Women's Marches. They are part of the socalled second wave, which did the same thing in the 70s for women's rights and were in high school and early college around the time of Roe v Wade. And were called every name but a child of god for it. ~50 years later, it's still the same.

The due process dudes don't get it, because they choose not to get it.

Literally and figuratively, they are our mothers, and they're now seeing the need to keep protesting. It's not like they didn't inspire me before, but to see them back in the streets in what is supposedly their sunset years is REALLY inspiring. And not only that, their guys, dudes like you, are right there with them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:51 pm 
Policy Wonk

Ike Bana wrote:

these people want the same culture change to that of a system of justice that is unjust. that's not progress and leads right back to where all this came from.

While governor, John Engler fought hard against prison sex abuse victims

Quote:
Following the revelation that 250 women and girls were sexually abused by Michigan State University sports doctor Larry Nassar, former MSU President Lou Anna Simon resigned from her post on Jan. 24.

On Jan. 30 MSU's Board of Trustees university officials appointed John Engler to take over as interim president.

That decision was met with dismay from victims and general skepticism. But most don't seem aware that Engler has worked against sexual abuse and rape victims in the past. While serving as Michigan's governor in the 1990s, he tried to derail legal action stemming from a massive prison sex abuse and rape scandal that involved 500 female inmates.

The United Nations eventually got involved in the situation, which resulted in multiple criminal cases and lawsuits, including one filed by U.S. Justice Department that led to a 1999 settlement.

Among other lawsuits was a class action suit filed by inmates and civil rights attorneys in 1996 — Neal v. Michigan Department of Corrections. The state fought it for 13 years before settling for $100 million in 2009. Beyond that, 32 male guards were ultimately convicted of criminal offenses and "scores" escaped punishment, attorneys say.

In an interview with Insider Exclusive, civil rights attorney Michael Pitt, one of the lead attorneys in Neal v. MDOC, said that "prisoners lived in an environment of torture."

Pitt told IE that one of his 17-year-old clients found upon incarceration that "young, attractive women [had to] submit sexually to the guards. [Inmates] were the victim of rapes and sexual assaults."

The state filed motions to have the case dismissed on legal grounds, immunities, and argued that state civil rights law didn't apply to inmates, Pitt told IE...............

so the university president takes a year off at full pay comes back next year at full pay of 750,000 dollars then works the next 2 or 3 years at 75% pay and interim appointee is a fighter against victims of sex assault. and all you are exited about being able to ambush some working person over unproved allegations. no change in administrative culture or justice system culture just more insecurity for the non administrative class.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:06 am 
Policy Wonk

Engler asks MSU employees to preserve documents related to investigations

Quote:
Michigan State University's interim president has asked employees to preserve all documents potentially relevant to ongoing investigations, including those connected to "the handling of the Larry Nassar matter and related incidents."

"In addition, I ask that you exercise the utmost caution not to dispose of any document, record, or electronically stored information that could reasonably be relevant to the pending inquiries or any other investigation that involves allegations of sexual abuse or misconduct," President John Engler wrote in a letter distributed Monday afternoon............

Engler is working with the law offices that helped author the emergency management legislation and looted the city of Detroit during its bankruptcy proceedings

Quote:
..........The law firms of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom and Miller Canfield are providing MSU with assistance on the ongoing external inquiries and investigations, said MSU spokesman Kent Cassella.

Cassella did not answer when asked whether Simon or any trustee or current MSU employee named in the attorney general's request for documents have hired attorneys to represent them........

Michigan State faculty, students demand Engler's resignation

Quote:
More than 200 Michigan State University faculty members, staff and students marched to the Hannah Administration Building on Tuesday morning.

They called for newly appointed interim President John Engler to step down.

They demanded that administrators and the Board of Trustees take action to address shortcomings in the university’s handling of sexual assault cases.

Some speakers called for greater involvement of the faculty and students in the selection of MSU’s next president, input that protesters said was neglected prior to Engler's appointment last week.............

Engler spokesman: AG staff’s retrieval of records from MSU a ‘political stunt’

Quote:
Special agents from the Michigan Attorney General's Office and Michigan State Police arrived late Friday afternoon at Michigan State University, where they removed records and what appeared to be a flash drive from the Hannah Administration Building and Fee Hall.

The visit, witnessed by reporters from several Lansing news organizations, drew criticism from incoming interim MSU President John Engler, whose long-time spokesman referred to it as "a political stunt rather than an actual law enforcement action."

Attorney General Bill Schuette is investigating the handling of the Larry Nassar case and other sexual assaults at MSU. On Jan. 27, he appointed William Forsyth, a retired Kent County prosecutor, to lead the effort.

AG spokeswoman Andrea Bitely issued a brief statement after the agents departed from MSU, noting that on Jan. 27 Schuette had requested "immediate production" of records and electronic devices used by William Strampel, former dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine, who had been Nassar's boss.

“This has not occurred," Bitely wrote. "We are continuing to investigate with our partners at the Michigan State Police and will not be providing further comment.”...........

Quote:
........John Truscott, speaking on behalf Engler, said late Friday that attorneys from the Miller Canfield law firm, representing MSU, had been speaking with AG staffers, including Chief Deputy Attorney General Laura Moody, "for a week to work on the timing of the turnover of everything that was requested."

Truscott said the conversations had been cordial and a meeting had been set up to discuss details of "how to most effectively meet the request" such as key words to search for in emails. Truscott said that meeting was cancelled late Wednesday or early Thursday.

"Then they showed up at the offices today and made a big scene of it. It's unfortunate and lets us know how political this investigation is going to be," Truscott said. ........

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Inspired by #MeToo, Country Star Vince Gill Reveals His Own Sexual Assault Experience

Vince Gill wowed an audience of country radio professionals in Nashville this week with an unrecorded song about sexual assault, “Forever Changed.” And although the lyrics are sung by a third party to an abuser about a girl’s molestation, Gill explained that he’d only gradually come to realize that the trigger for writing the tune may have been his own frightening first-person experience with a gym teacher as a teen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/in ... d=SK216DHP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Michael Haneke On #MeToo: “The Witch Hunt Should Be Left In The Middle Ages”

Oscar and double Palme d’Or winner Michael Haneke has become the latest prominent European artist to lament what he calls a “witch hunt” in the wake of the #MeToo movement. Speaking with Kurier, the Austrian filmmaker said there is no question that “any form of rape or coercion is punishable… But this hysterical pre-judgment which is spreading now, I find absolutely disgusting. And I don’t want to know how many of these accusations related to incidents 20 or 30 years ago are primarily statements that have little to do with sexual assault.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebr ... d=SK216DHP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next